Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? (2585 Views)

Game Development Or App Development Which Career Is Better / Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed / I Want To Learn Web Development, Which Softwares Should I Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
I am a final year student of geology, and I have developed interest in information technology (IT). As a matter of fact, I have started learning HTML and I find it very interesting. I would like to switch career when I'm done with school but I'm a bit confused considering web design/development and software development. which has better prospects in Nigeria? thanks

1 Like

Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by talk2hb1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:
I am a final year student of geology, and I have developed interest in information technology (IT). As a matter of fact, I have started learning HTML and I find it very interesting. I would like to switch career when I'm done with school but I'm a bit confused considering web design/development and software development. which has better prospects in Nigeria? thanks
You mean Website frontend designer and Website Back end Developer?
Mostly you get doing both in this Country at the end of the day.
Just have the aim of learning web backend dvelopment, after learning frontend design.

3 Likes

Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
talk2hb1:

You mean Website frontend designer and Website Back end Developer?
Mostly you get doing both in this Country at the end of the day.
Just have the aim of learning web backend dvelopment, after learning frontend design.
I am comparing website development and software development
Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by talk2hb1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

I am comparing website development and software development
Website is a form of Software undecided

1 Like

Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
talk2hb1:
Website is a form of Software undecided
Ok....so what's the prospects like in Nigeria? how much do they earn etc
Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by simpleandstrict: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
I am not sure this is the right thread but it might also be useful for those around here too.... I am a software developer I saw this website while i was using google. I have some amazing softwares for those who are really interested.. Mail me on astharv01@gmail.com or ICQ: 712593949.. I also have video proofs.[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]

Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:
its almost the same thing

1 Like

Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by rayyspark(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

u meant Web Development(website) and Desktop Application Development
Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
rayyspark:

u meant Web Development(website) and Desktop Application Development
yes....web development vs stuff related to software engineering
Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by bassdow: 8:18am On Jul 12, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

In Nigeria and most Countries, Web Development Is easier to

1. get Started with - lower startup capital / investment. Major investment is in yourself (your brain)
2. Earn your first pay.
3. Get more jobs / contracts within a short period (not waiting for a whole year or 8 months to get next job).
4. Sorry but I need to get back to work. Goodluck in your Hustle

1 Like

Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
bassdow:

In Nigeria and most Countries, Web Development Is easier to

1. get Started with - lower startup capital / investment. Major investment is in yourself (your brain)
2. Earn your first pay.
3. Get more jobs / contracts within a short period (not waiting for a whole year or 8 months to get next job).
4. Sorry but I need to get back to work. Goodluck in your Hustle
wow...thanks that was helpful. are you a web developer?
Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by greatface(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2017
SOME PEOPLE STAND TO COMPLICATE PEOPLE'S CONFUSION.

NONETHELESS, I WILL ADVICE YOU GO FOR WEB DEVELOPMENT (FRONT AND BACK END) THAN FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (MOBILE, DESKTOP, ETC) AS THERE ARE MORE DISTINCT WEBAPPS THAN THERE ARE DISTINCT SOFTWARES.

YOU CAN ALSO LEARN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT EVEN MORE EASIER WHEN YOU MASTER WEB DEV.

1 Like

Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 4:33am On Jul 16, 2017
greatface:
SOME PEOPLE STAND TO COMPLICATE PEOPLE'S CONFUSION.

NONETHELESS, I WILL ADVICE YOU GO FOR WEB DEVELOPMENT (FRONT AND BACK END) THAN FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (MOBILE, DESKTOP, ETC) AS THERE ARE MORE DISTINCT WEBAPPS THAN THERE ARE DISTINCT SOFTWARES.

YOU CAN ALSO LEARN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT EVEN MORE EASIER WHEN YOU MASTER WEB DEV.
Thanks.... what's the market like in Nigeria eg how much they earn
Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by greatface(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

Thanks.... what's the market like in Nigeria eg how much they earn
some startups pay as low as N30000 while good firms can pay N150000 upwards depending on your level of proficiency.
Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by Benjamin702: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2019
I think software developers are a more complex but promising field. Good maidens, now earn about 3-5 thousand $. For example, my acquaintance with https://www.timesolv.com/ receives such sums.
Second, I would not consider the market only Nigeria. Now just a lot of freelance marketplaces such as Fiverr or Upwork, a lot of companies hire developers remotely. I am sure that a company from the US or Europe, for good skills will pay more than the Nigerian market

1 Like

Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by MountainView: 10:13am On Nov 12, 2019
Web is a form of software, So I'm not able to decipher what you're saying.
Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by Xenisha: 10:45am On Nov 11, 2022
Hello! If you are thinking about creating a website, but you think that it will take a lot of time and effort without a guarantee of an excellent result, then I can assure you that your idea can be brought to life in a short time, as the https://coaxsoft.com/webflow-development-services
With Webflow, you can quickly create a great website and maintain it efficiently. If you need to scale it at any point or integrate it with other platforms, they are also ready to help with this.
Re: Web Development Vs Software Development. Which Is Better In Nigeria? by davidcurtis(m): 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
I think that both of these areas are in demand now, as many companies require the design and development of web pages, as well as the creation of online stores. I myself recently looked for similar services, and it's good that I learned about WebFlow development https://getdevdone.com/webflow-development.html from this company. Since they help to deal with many problems, including if you do not have ready-made designs, they will help create them for you, and here you can count on timely delivery.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Get A School Software That Manages Students Data? / 50 Profitable Online Business Ideas / A Beginners Guide To Object-oriented Programming (OOP) In PHP 5+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.