Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management (25167 Views)

Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! / I Got Admission, But My Tuition is Incomplete. Help!!! / 10 American Colleges Where Tuition Is Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by AndriaRich(m): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
This is just like Mtn telling u calls are free...
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by tinkinjow: 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
BIGGEST LIE
What's obligatory fee...419ers...we can't be that dumb na, habba, come on mehn!
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by OllyArt(m): 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
graychuks:
Free ke ...naso... ...abeggi after acceptances fee and other obligatory charges wey reach #75k When you get to the department you will still pay for more obligatory fees... Common master degree nah #300
#300 abi 300k abeg no bring confusion here
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by SplendidE(f): 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by exlinkleads(f): 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
tell it to the birds

who is fooling who?
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by flamingo1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hw truth z dat
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by benji93: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
GenJuma:
Quality Tuition cannot be free. That fact is inevitable. The earlier we realize this as a nation, the better for us.
What are you saying bros, quality education can be free, infact it should be free for citizens, some of the developed European countries offer good quality education to their citizens(Germany, Norway,Sweden e.t.c),some of these countries offer undergraduate education to all students both international and domestic.Turkey does the same to its citizens(in public institutions).So do not be deceived, with proper planning, quality education can be offered for free.The fact that Nigeria has not gotten to this point,despite God in his infinite wisdom and mercies endowed us with a lot of natural resources, shows that our leadership are nothing but far from being visionary and probably Nigerians in general are just dull-headed or are just not wary of the future.Nigeria has not produced any visionary leader,who eventually presided over affairs for a while(>8 years), since independence.I find it difficult to understand that, every single person that has ruled over this pitiful country of pitiable people was born before independence.The average age of the incorrigibly notorious senate(upper house) is 55,what kind of country is this? In the spirit of hopelessness, i believe this failed Nigeria state must die,so the dawn of a new beginning comes upon us,whether as semi- autonomous regional entities bounded together in a region or as entities with redefined geographies. I might be wrong, correct me if i am. Good day fellow Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by dycott: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Enter first and see something, u go pay dues tire grin grin grin grin
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by TheVictorious(m): 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
AHCB:
I'm forced to ask how much is the obligation fee? Cos I know if the tuition fee is free, then the school management will take it from the obligation fee. Nothing is ever free in this country.

Go to a government owned Ghanian university and you'll appreciate the fact that it's truly free!
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Iamzik: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
Unilag: Tuition fee is free

Tuition fee:

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by femo86(m): 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
Deputy Registrar.....kontinu

#WelldoneSIR

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by NigerianScholar: 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Tuition is free,

Is passing free there too undecided
You will pay in cash and also pay in kind before you can even get an 'E'

In otherwords, the lecturers give the ladies their 'D' in turn for a grade.
Re you actually serious?
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by misspineapple(f): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Rochas said d same..Abegi

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Icosahedron(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
GenJuma:
Quality Tuition cannot be free. That fact is inevitable. The earlier we realize this as a nation, the better for us.

It's free in Germany.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by bonboclat: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Just like bail is free in our police stations
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by 48noble(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Holyfield1:
Most reasonable nairalander ever
If you agree "Like" if you don't "Share"
most stupid notice me nairalandr ever
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Archayzed: 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
undecidedHard to believe
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Danuvie(m): 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
She Na bobo dem one give us make we drink abi
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Emanodimo(m): 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mandesz:
every federal university tuition fee is free as long as u are Nigerian

You think so. If u can prove u graduated from One of those so called free Federal university.

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by sunkieisland(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
tuition free.

just like bail is free

make I dey observe
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by isaacola57: 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
freshers is 30k or so my year 2 was 10000 av grad as at 2015 it increased to 15750 confirmed from my years in unilag
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by COMPAQ(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
If tuition in unilag is free then no wonder the quality of education there (and in our public university is so poor). Fact is its really, real hard to find something free and of good quality.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by olujinmisamson1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
School fees is actually free, Obligatory fees depends on faculty..science related courses pay high...#15,500..others #14,500...for returning students Only...
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by emmylight4u: 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
Naija na wao!
Tuition fee is free
Obligatory fee is obligatory........ Vc come explain o
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by ULSU003: 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
GenJuma:

I think u need a test run on ur brain... Even universities abroad are tuition free for Indigene .. so u mean dey dont get quality education dere... are u a graduate at all. maybe from *** i won't mention names.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
fatdick:
Free tuition for undergraduates I guess. Postgraduate students pay nothing less than N90k and higher depending on faculty excluding obligatory fee which is around 60k+ the last time I remember. Unilag is more of a business entity than an academic environment.
Aren't they all? Really, when you think about the whole exercise (education as a whole nowadays), it looks more like a business and less like a noble cause.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by fatdick(m): 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Gabby91:

Aren't they all? Really, when you think about the whole exercise (education as a whole nowadays), it looks more like a business and less like a noble cause.
True that! Very true.

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by DanielGb(m): 11:16am On Jul 12, 2017
Which school still make money from Tution fee? It will be the most broke school. When acceptance and other obligatory fees are there.

Making money is real. Don't be deceived that money is not of essence.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by DanielGb(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2017
benji93:

What are you saying bros, quality education can be free, infact it should be free for citizens, some of the developed European countries offer good quality education to their citizens(Germany, Norway,Sweden e.t.c),some of these countries offer undergraduate education to all students both international and domestic.Turkey does the same to its citizens(in public institutions).So do not be deceived, with proper planning, quality education can be offered for free.The fact that Nigeria has not gotten to this point,despite God in his infinite wisdom and mercies endowed us with a lot of natural resources, shows that our leadership are nothing but far from being visionary and probably Nigerians in general are just dull-headed or are just not wary of the future.Nigeria has not produced any visionary leader,who eventually presided over affairs for a while(>8 years), since independence.I find it difficult to understand that, every single person that has ruled over this pitiful country of pitiable people was born before independence.The average age of the incorrigibly notorious senate(upper house) is 55,what kind of country is this? In the spirit of hopelessness, i believe this failed Nigeria state must die,so the dawn of a new beginning comes upon us,whether as semi- autonomous regional entities bounded together in a region or as entities with redefined geographies. I might be wrong, correct me if i am. Good day fellow Nigerians.

You lost your faith. We don't need to allow Nigeria to die. We have to restructure.

Those countries you mention have the infrastructure which aid economic activities. Don't forget "Education is an economic activity even though it is a neccessity for National Development." We produce talents and the society consumes it. So, where are the infrastructure to help economic activities? They are all dead. That is all we need to wake up, not Nigeria.There is nothing wrong with us, We are normal. We are only acting according to what we see on ground. If we go out there we conquer with those struggling brains.

That's the Spirit.

Let the government give us what makes an economy work and leave us to work with our sweat. They will reap the reward.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by DanielGb(m): 11:31am On Jul 12, 2017
Gabby91:

My life is also a business. If it doesn't benefits or yield profit for me. It is a No.

The truth you should know.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by DanielGb(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2017
Gabby91:

My life is also a business. If it doesn't benefits or yield profit for me. It is a No.

The truth you should know
Life is a Business.
Trade wisely.

Ask JayZ, Kanyewest and CR7.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by benji93: 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
DanielGb:

You lost your faith. We don't need to allow Nigeria to die. We have to restructure.

Those countries you mention have the infrastructure which aid economic activities. Don't forget "Education is an economic activity even though it is a neccessity for National Development." We produce talents and the society consumes it. So, where are the infrastructure to help economic activities? They are all dead. That is all we need to wake up, not Nigeria.There is nothing wrong with us, We are normal. We are only acting according to what we see on ground. If we go out there we conquer with those struggling brains.

That's the Spirit.

Let the government give us what makes an economy work and leave us to work with our sweat. They will reap the reward.

Face reality bro,oh you mean restructurng on paper abi? and how do you restructure to keep everybody happy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick / Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN / Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.