Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management (25158 Views)

Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! / I Got Admission, But My Tuition is Incomplete. Help!!! / 10 American Colleges Where Tuition Is Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
UNILAG's management (University of Lagos), has debunked rumors of plans to review upwards the fees being paid by students, adding that tuition fee for students is free. The management of the Nigerian University, further disclosed that students are however expected to pay obligatory fees.

The Press Statement released by the Deputy Registrar of the UNILAG, reads;

"Contrary to the news making the rounds on print, electronic and social media that the University of Lagos has increased its tuition, the university wishes to inform its students, their parents/guardians and the general public that the statement is not true and it is a complete distortion of facts. We want to emphasize here that tuition is free in the University of Lagos. Fresh and returning students are only charged obligatory fees depending on their status’’.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/unilag-tuition-free-management.html

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by AHCB: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
I'm forced to ask how much is the obligation fee? Cos I know if the tuition fee is free, then the school management will take it from the obligation fee. Nothing is ever free in this country.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by NwaAmaikpe: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
shocked

Tuition is free,

Is passing free there too undecided
You will pay in cash and also pay in kind before you can even get an 'E'

In otherwords, the lecturers give the ladies their 'D' in turn for a grade.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by uruego(f): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by elog(m): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
"Tuition fee is free"
Obligatory fee is...

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Okundaye4(m): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wow...

Are

They

Shitting

Us?
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by stevenson007: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
There is nothing free even in Freetown!

4 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Holyfield1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Most reasonable nairalander ever

If you agree "Like" if you don't "Share"

25 Likes 41 Shares

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by obajoey(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
its ok.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Mandesz(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
every federal university tuition fee is free as long as u are Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by sixtus3606(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Unilag yaff cum again

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by dasauce(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
shocked
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by fait10(m): 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
AHCB:
I'm forced to ask how much is the obligation fee? Cos I know if the tuition fee is free, then the school management will take it from the obligation fee. Nothing is ever free in this country.

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
ohhh mehhhnnn, na to kukuma apply run anoda program go sure passs.. but flood fit come sweep u comot... n dat na d problem for dat syd

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by partnerbiz4: 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Tuition free.

Obligation fee kwa.

Rubbish

If u like call it anything...
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by GenJuma: 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Quality Tuition cannot be free. That fact is inevitable. The earlier we realize this as a nation, the better for us.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Mustiboy(m): 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
and the obligatory would be so frustrating the students would wish the original fees were never free

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by NLProblemChild(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
Am hungry. Quote Me To feed me pls..
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Deapexboy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
Christainity is free but u need to buy Bible

5 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by fatdick(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2017
Free tuition for undergraduates I guess. Postgraduate students pay nothing less than N90k and higher depending on faculty excluding obligatory fee which is around 60k+ the last time I remember. Unilag is more of a business entity than an academic environment.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Anikulhapo(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
[i][/i]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Tuition is free,

Is passing free there too undecided
You will pay in cash and also pay[b]in kind before you can even get an 'E'[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by OneManLegion(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
Tuition fees can't be free if you already affix 'fees' to it. Say Unilag's tuition is free of charge or "without charge".

3 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

What an allegation

You must have proof, right?

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by natureem: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
What's free may not be valued anyway.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
no spoil business for boys na
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by Riosystem: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
Unilag can Lie
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by quiverfull(m): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
How free is free?
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by graychuks(m): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
Free ke ...naso...
...abeggi after acceptances fee and other obligatory charges wey reach #75k
When you get to the department you will still pay for more obligatory fees...
Common master degree nah #300
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by crownbryan(m): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
Obligatory fees?

Good one from UNILAG's management. I hope the obligatory fees would not be compromise.

Education is necessary for every Nigerians, it shouldn't be a privilege.
Re: University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management by PHIPEX(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
This is the biggest lie of the year, I guess Unilag now has a lie dept.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tattoo Expert Bizzyaski Writes Open Letter To AKSU VC Over His Tattoo Statement / What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.