Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,413 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Market For Cassava - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Market For Cassava (3999 Views)

Herbicide For Cassava Farm / Weeding Machines For Cassava Farms For Sale!! / Detail Business Plan And Proposal For Cassava Farming, From Cultivation To...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Market For Cassava by urbanfarmer(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
My first ever 5 acre Cassava crop is due for harvest in September.
The farm is located around Offa in Kwara state.
Experienced farmers, please help with advice on how best to handle sale of the harvest?
Re: Market For Cassava by kingralph(m): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
urbanfarmer:
Experienced farmers, please help with advice on how best to handle sale of the harvest?
Honestly and from the bottom of my heart I congratulate you

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by stagger: 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
urbanfarmer:

You have three months. Use that time to arrange some basic garri equipment and those who will sell. Process your cassava to gari and sell the gari. Do not be tempted to try to sell the cassava. Middlemen will actually wait until you are in day 2 and almost at your wit's end before they come to offer you ridiculous prices.

Where I live, garri is now N450 a mudu.

My honest advice.

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by fison(m): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2017

I will advice you process it yourself and sell. Processing into garri pays more than selling it raw . Outright sales of cassava is N127,000 per cabster in my area while processed is N233,800, a tonne of cassava goes for 22,500 and 4 tonnes of cassava gives 1.5 tonnes of processed garri.
Re: Market For Cassava by urbanfarmer(m): 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
kingralph:

Honestly and from the bottom of my heart I congratulate you

Thank you sir
Re: Market For Cassava by urbanfarmer(m): 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
stagger:

You have three months. Use that time to arrange some basic garri equipment and those who will sell. Process your cassava to gari and sell the gari. Do not be tempted to try to sell the cassava. Middlemen will actually wait until you are in day 2 and almost at your wit's end before they come to offer you ridiculous prices.

Where I live, garri is now N450 a mudu.

My honest advice.

Much appreciated sir. I'll definitely look into that.
Re: Market For Cassava by urbanfarmer(m): 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
fison:

I will advice you process it yourself and sell. Processing into garri pays more than selling it raw . Outright sales of cassava is N127,000 per cabster in my area while processed is N233,800, a tonne of cassava goes for 22,500 and 4 tonnes of cassava gives 1.5 tonnes of processed garri.

Processing the Cassava into Garrison appears to be the general consensus.
Any idea how much a 100kg sack of Garri sells for?
I'm thinking this would make it easier to work out the price per tonne.
Thank you very much @fison.

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 12, 2017
urbanfarmer:
I sent you a PM please reply. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by fison(m): 7:16am On Jul 12, 2017

A tonne of cassava will give 250kg of garri which is 2.5 bags. 100kg bag is sold for N22,600 while 50kg is at N11,500. Also, 3 Omolokun is equall to 50kg bag and 1 Omolokun is sold between 3,850 to 4,000. You can also ask in your area.

2 Likes

Re: Market For Cassava by stagger: 10:03am On Jul 12, 2017
urbanfarmer:

OP,
You have heard it all. 4 tons of cassava produces 1 ton of garri. You have 2 hectares. Assuming all factors and theoretical projections are constant, you should be getting between 20 to 40 tons of cassava, or 5 to 10 tons of garri (i.e. fifty to one hundred 100kg bags), which should fetch you N1.13m to N2.26million in sales. Of course there is the starch by-product.

Caveat: Please, all these my figures are just projections. When you actually harvest and weigh your crop, you will know how many tons of cassava you have at your disposal. Other costs will come into play as well.

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by Prince4945(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
Op how do I get in touch with u pls

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by urbanfarmer(m): 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
Prince4945:
Op how do I get in touch with u pls

Savannah integrated farming mail.com
Re: Market For Cassava by Prince4945(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
urbanfarmer:

Savannah integrated farming mail.com

Sorry I don't really get this
Re: Market For Cassava by urbanfarmer(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
Based on the foregoing, I'm now looking into setting up a basic Garri processing operation.
Please I need advice on how to set this up.
1) What basic equipment do I need?
2) Where can I source them at good prices in the Offa area/Kwara state?
3) Cost profile, and any other relevant information?
4) Starch is a by product of Garri processing, how to I make money from it too?
Re: Market For Cassava by urbanfarmer(m): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
Prince4945:

Sorry I don't really get this

Sorry Prince. Auto correct is wreaking havoc again.
My e-mail address is: savannahintegratedfarm@gmail.com
Re: Market For Cassava by urbanfarmer(m): 1:00am On Jul 19, 2017
stagger, please how do I contact you for some offline tête a tête?

stagger:

OP,
You have heard it all. 4 tons of cassava produces 1 ton of garri. You have 2 hectares. Assuming all factors and theoretical projections are constant, you should be getting between 20 to 40 tons of cassava, or 5 to 10 tons of garri (i.e. fifty to one hundred 100kg bags), which should fetch you N1.13m to N2.26million in sales. Of course there is the starch by-product.

Caveat: Please, all these my figures are just projections. When you actually harvest and weigh your crop, you will know how many tons of cassava you have at your disposal. Other costs will come into play as well.
Re: Market For Cassava by braindee(m): 1:58am On Jul 19, 2017
urbanfarmer:
stagger, please how do I contact you for some offline tête a tête?

I am interested in the Garri and starch processing aspect of this discussion
Re: Market For Cassava by braindee(m): 2:00am On Jul 19, 2017
urbanfarmer:

Please, can you mentor me on having my own first cassava harvest? I have close to 20 hectares of land ready for cassava cultivation.

Can you take me from beginning to the harvest?

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by Christeety: 10:17am On Jul 19, 2017
stagger:

OP,

Thank u so much for this explanation.
I have a 2 hectares cassava farm and have been looking for this cassava-garri analysis.
Thanks once again
Re: Market For Cassava by Tosineb: 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hi guys, i'm tosin, based in agbara badagry. pls i need like 5 acres of land to start my cassava platation ahead of next season starting by november. Thanks
Re: Market For Cassava by Nicogen4us(f): 7:15am On Jul 21, 2017
Poultry farm for rent
Size of the farm....one acre of land size with block fenced.one pen of 6000 birds capacity on the floor...120ftby 35 ft pen
Two rooms office space and a feed mill hall.three wells of all the year round water supply.Fish pond tank of 40 ft by 30 ft.
Re: Market For Cassava by domack99(m): 7:31am On Jul 21, 2017
stagger:

OP,

20 to 40 tons of cassava on 5 acres, impossible, please let us be very careful on what information you give to people, I know you put those assumption, the bolded part but most people don't understand
Re: Market For Cassava by pat077: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
domack99:

20 to 40 tons of cassava on 5 acres, impossible, please let us be very careful on what information you give to people, I know you put those assumption, the bolded part but most people don't understand

it's very possible

2 Likes

Re: Market For Cassava by stagger: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
domack99:

domack99:

This fellow, you must be high on ogogoro! DID YOU NOT READ MY CAVEAT? Abi you don't understand the meaning of caveat? Or you just cannot read or are just plain dumb?
Besides have you gone to Shonga to see what the Zimbabwean farmers are doing there? Up to 50 tons per hectare. You just come to be noticed. Well, we have noticed you. Now park off my track please!

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by urbanfarmer(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Braindee,
We live, we learn and we grow.
We can learn together.

Inbox: savannahintegratedfarm@gmail.com

braindee:

Please, can you mentor me on having my own first cassava harvest? I have close to 20 hectares of land ready for cassava cultivation.

Can you take me from beginning to the harvest?
Re: Market For Cassava by Sabadoe: 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
You can visit this Website = www.agroforeignbuyers..com for Full Details Contacts Information of Over 100 Serious Genuine Foreign Buyers from U.K, CANADA, U.S.A and Some Part of European Countries that ready to buy your Local Food Agro Commodities very fast!

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by domack99(m): 7:35am On Jul 30, 2017
stagger:

This fellow, you must be high on ogogoro! DID YOU NOT READ MY CAVEAT? Abi you don't understand the meaning of caveat? Or you just cannot read or are just plain dumb?
Besides have you gone to Shonga to see what the Zimbabwean farmers are doing there? Up to 50 tons per hectare. You just come to be noticed. Well, we have noticed you. Now park off my track please!

Subhanalahi, Waoo

1 Like

Re: Market For Cassava by thwy31(m): 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
Anyone with concrete information on the current price range of cassava per cabster in South West, Ogun State to be precise?
Re: Market For Cassava by GREATP1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
Please I need someone that can guide me on starch production. I am setting up a garri processing plant which is almost at completion stage. I haven't get the starch extraction aspect very well and I need detail information on this. Your kind information will be highly appreciated. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Own An Acre Of Cassava Farm With #25,000 Installment / Why I Am Nuts About Macadamia. / Have You Ever Seen Black Beans Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.