Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use (23227 Views)

University Of Ibadan Commissioned By Lord Teddar [video] / Uweifo Primary School, Ewuru, Agbor Commissioned (Photos) / Renovated And Affordable Mini Flat At Obadiah Street, Akoka, Yaba. Price : 400k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by WotzupNG: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
The Herbert Macaulay Library, Yaba, has been transformed to a state of the art centre for learning. The idea behind this is to revive the reading culture of Nigerians especially the youths who can now have access to certain books, thanks to GTBank and Lagos State Government.

The facility combines state-of-the-art design with old-time features. It will also host literary and educational events such as book readings and gallery viewings featuring local authors and showcasing the works of local artists.

http://wotzup.ng/herbert-macaulay-library-renovated-commissioned-use/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by WotzupNG: 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
more lalasticlala

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by WotzupNG: 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2017
more

4 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by micontysneh(m): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Lovely....eko on I baje

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Where is buhari? Enuf of all this angry after reading those books they will still ask you of 17year working experience cry

What we really need now is economy revamp in Nigeria because I see my country falling like London bridge cry

9 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by BlowBack: 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
A library without books?
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by Jaytecq(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Do we still have readers?

4 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by Crauxx(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
i just see like few shelves, a table and a bunch of old people taking pictures

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by dljbd1(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
photoshop undecided
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by stcool(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
See the ones above rushing to say nothing, just so they can be FTC. Meanwhile its a laudable project. Kudos GTB.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by deepwater(f): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
During my university days, i never used the library,
it was not just my thing at all,
i told my friends at school that i would only get into that library once throughout my stay there.
And truly i went in there once just for my clearance after i graduated. cool

Don't ask; i finished with a degree class that sets me apart shocked

6 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by Benjom(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
That's good
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by UnknownT: 5:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
Dem "sculpt" him moustache well for that bust
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by wolexii: 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nice one. My problem is maintenance.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by skydancer: 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nice one
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by gurunlocker: 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
BlowBack:
A library without books?
The one you see there na game console abi?

14 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by Jaqenhghar: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
A useless venture in a country where most citizens are allergic to reading

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by MosquitoLaps(m): 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Finally! This is something I love. Would gladly use this library anytime I'm in Yaba. The CMD library at Shangisha Magodo is decaying with old books.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by sukkot: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
mayne thats real nice
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by SplendidE(f): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
youths ke
The youths are busy forming Vaseline crew on nairaland,lashing celebrities on twitter n IG,and the rest slaying,stealing n kidnapping.
what a time to be alive.
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by modath(f): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
Jaytecq:
Do we still have readers?

Yes!!! I am one..
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by czaremrys(m): 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
OK thanks I know most people here won't make use of it
1. distance to access the library
2. when I can browse with my phone and get almost any article online
3. truth Nigerians don't value books
I go with the third one....Thunder from underground and the thunder from fifth heaven strike anybody that will criticise my post
its not even an e-library wtf...

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by ephi123(f): 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
It's certainly a start. Those who are willing to read should be given the avenue to do so, good initiative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by Solomonudofia(m): 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
Good move ...
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by Teophilus96(m): 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
I visited this library often bck then in Secondary school.
I loved it.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by Evergreen4(m): 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
Do people still visit library?
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by czaremrys(m): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
Teophilus96:
I visited this library often bck then in Secondary school.

I loved it.
are you sure?? cool cool
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by TheAngry1: 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mediocrity
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by hilroy: 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
While a particular tribe is massively investing in getting its youth educated and enlightened, the youth of a certain tribe are blindly and stupidly following one dilector that is a university dropout. I didn't mention any tribe name o

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by OgaBuhari: 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
deepwater:
[s] During my university days, i never used the library,
it was not just my thing at all,
i told my friends at school that i would only get into that library once throughout my stay there.
And truly i went in there once just for my clearance after i graduated. cool

Don't ask; i finished with a degree class that sets me apart [/s] shocked
rubbish. Self exaltation. Who even asked you?
If I check whose behind this moniker now you may realize she's just a low life hairdresser

3 Likes

Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by GeneralOjukwu: 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
Was shocked to learn Agbaje, the GTB guy is in his 50s. (last picture- second from the left)

Money good ooo

Business is business.... Segun Agbaje didn't care if Ambode beat his brother, Jimi Agbaje as Lagos Governor

Billions to be made dealing with Lagos state; one of the biggest economies in West Africa
Re: Herbert Macaulay Library Has Been Renovated And Commissioned For Use by omogidi234(m): 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thank God and Kudos to GT. It was a terrible looking place. In fact, you would wonder if it was a library. I am not joking!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Maritime University: Admission! Admission!! Admission!!! / It Is Not Mr Macaroni Riding On A Bicycle, It Is / 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.