Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm (1248 Views)

How To Start Your Own Farm Today And Become A Successful Farmer / Learn How To Start Your Own Farm With Just #14,500 / CASSAVA PLANTATION- Why You Should Consider Having Your Own Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
Learn how to source capital easily for your agro-processing,starting up a farm, exporting of agro products or starting up a business
https:///4zqzruwLv5GG7T7KJ1Z5JQ
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:05am On Jul 12, 2017
Good Evening great minds. This is a new day with its numerous opportunities mostly hidden in challenges, trials and problems...therefore look at that challenge and problem again with the eye of an entrepreneur, what are the opportunities in them?

The world need more of problem solvers more, people like u, yes u, to come up with solutions and ideas.

Think creatively, think smart, brain storm....it worth the effort.
*You Are Poor Because You Have No Ambition.*

*Jack Ma*: Before I founded Alibaba, I invited 24 friends to my house to discuss the business opportunity.

After discussing for a full two hours, they were still confused — I have to say that I may not have put myself across in a clear manner manner then.

The verdict: 23 out of the 24 people in the room told me to drop the idea, for a multitude of reasons, such as: ‘you do not know anything about the internet, and more prominently, you do not have the start-up capital for this’ etc etc.

There was only one friend (who was working in a bank then) who told me, “If you want to do it, just try it. If things don’t work out the way you expected it to, you can always revert back to what you were doing before.”

I pondered upon this for one night, and by the next morning, I decided I would do it anyway, even if all of the 24 people opposed the idea.

When I first started Alibaba, I was immediately met with strong opposition from family and friends. Looking back, I realised that the biggest driving force for me then was not my confidence in the Internet and the potential it held, but more of this:

“No matter what one does, regardless of failure or success, the experience is a form of success in itself.” You have got to keep trying, and if it doesn’t work, you always can revert back to what you were doing before.

As with this quote by T.E. Lawrence – “All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible.”

Jack Ma: People lose out in life because of these 4 reasons:

1. Being myopic to opportunity
2. Looking down on opportunities
3. Lacking understanding
4. Failing to act quickly enough
You are poor, because you have no ambition.

Ambition is living a life of great ideals; a magnificent goal in life that must be realised.

In this world, there are things that are deemed unfathomable, but there is nothing in this world that cannot be done. The depth of one’s ambition determines the potential of one’ future.
Before the presentation start....just a word of encouragement....
EVERY DREAM THAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR HEART, you must face challenges, take risk, overcome your fears and learn new skills....

IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING AND READY TO DO ALL THAT, THEN YOU ARE STILL SLEEPING AND YOU NEED TO WAKE UP TO REALITY...

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:09am On Jul 12, 2017
I learnt that the developed countries do make jest of Africans especially Nigeria that if you want to hide a thing from an African, put it in a book...... Because they found out that we don't read.....it shouldn't be so. So try to read up posted information here..... IF YOU WILL LISTEN AND READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE SHARING.....AND YOU DECIDE TO JOIN OUR TEAM, BY THE END OF THIS YEAR.... U WILL BE SMILING TO THE BANK
*IT HAS BEEN ESTIMATED THAT IN 2025(8yrs)....NIGERIA POPULATION WILL BE 400million....*

� *IS THIS A PROBLEM OR OPPORTUNITY TO YOU?.....FOR SOME, HUNGER AND COMPLAINS WILL BE THE ORDER OF THE DAY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT THEIR SELVES AND FAMILY*
This is a huge opportunity for those that will go into Agriculture.....

WHY AGRICULTURE?
In a continent where over 50% of people are living below $3 income per day and land is fertile and plenty, farming and agric-value chain production is pivotal to reducing poverty, and to building long-term economic self-reliance. We must access high quality culturally appropriate food for local food sovereignty and for importation to other nations and regions.
We do not want to empower people, God has already done that by giving us enviable soil all over the continent, we just want to show them how to explore this prosperity buried in our land. We must rethink inefficient planting, and Land management, reduce the waste through Training and Technology, reuse through value chains.

Agriculture is the sector with the biggest demands and we all know demand lead sales and sales leads to profit. Not matter how bad the economy becomes people must still eat. One make decide not to use his phone (telecommunication sector) or his car and generators (oil and gas sector) e.t.c but one must eat to stay healthy,so the opportunities in agriculture is *huge*

In develops countries, when such statistics are seen.... The government move quickly to make sure they plan ahead in the area of food and shelter for it's people but it's not like that here....

THAT'S Y U HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DREAMS AND VISION
�� *A LOSS TO THE NATIONS ECONOMY* ��

*NIGERIA SPENDS APPROXIMATELY N1trillion ON FOUR FOOD IMPORT ANNUALLY.....which includes RICE, WHEAT, FISH AND SUGAR*.....

*THE TWO GREATEST CHALLENGES OF FARMERS IN NIGERIA*

������������
✍✍THE TWO MAJOR CHALLENGES FACING AGROPRENEURS IN NIGERIA....

1) Lack of Adequate knowledge about the field they are into.......E. G, A FRIEND OF ONE OF MY COLLEAGUE LOST 4m IN FISH FARMING.....HE HAD THE MONEY BUT NO KNOWLEDGE, *so the knowledge is as important as the money*

[2) THE FINANCIAL MUSCLE NEEDED TO START AND SUSTAIN THEIR FARMS TO A PROFITABLE VENTURE

BUT GREEN NATION IS HERE TO BRIDGE THE GAP....YOU WILL GET WORLD CLASS training AND EXPOSURE IN YOUR CHOSEN AREA....

AND ALSO YOU GET TO GENERATE THE NEEDED FUND TO START OR EXPAND YOUR AGRO BIZ VENTURE......

no disappointment by government, banks and cooperative societies.
���� *THE BIG QUESTION*����

How do I get the needed fund to start or expand after or during the training?���������
This is were the company *REVENUE SHARING PLAN* COME IN PLACE ���������
NOTE: I CAN'T TAKE ENOUGH TIME TO EXPLAIN THIS BUT JUST KNOW THAT *GOVERNMENT* OR *COOPERATIVE SOCIETY* WILL NOT HELP YOU WITH LAND OR FUND....... how long will you continue to chase government loan and or work to save enough capital to start your project..... *ITS TIME TO DROP WHAT'S NOT WORKING AND TRY A NEW ROUTES*.....�����
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:18am On Jul 12, 2017
*THE PLAN*

�� *ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO PAY A ONE TIME TRAINING FEE OF N14,500 AND YOU WILL BE PLACED PRE-PROJECT PLAN*

� pre-project plan N14,500

*WITH THIS DECISION, YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO EARNING YOUR 7FIGURE INCOME*....

����������
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:19am On Jul 12, 2017
*For some people that would not have chance maybe because of school or work. We have farm managers that would be managing it for you, then you come check it out time to time and we would help as consultant in other business ventures that not agriculture if in our family*
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:20am On Jul 12, 2017
An agric company that is into training and consultancy came up with a multi level marketing program for its clients. For pple that want to go into agric but lacks fund and training
When u pay for training, they created room for u to make money to start ur biz by u bringing other people for training
U even qualify for training in facilities like IITA and other partnering agencies
They guide u to start ur agric business be it farming or processing thru the money u make thru multi level

GREEN NATION*- A Journey Of N170m Monthly That Starts With either N50,000 or N14,500 And 3 Referrals.

*Here's How It Works:*

Green Nation, a registered Ltd in Nigeria is the brain child of Mr Steve O. Toluwase with his 17 years of experience in the Networking and Agricultural sectors.

Green Nation is primarily into [Agricultural] training and consultation, and secondarily into farming.

It's networking platform has been created to recruit and connect people, educate and train them to pursue farming, and also build a sustainable wealth stream.

*THE PRE-PROJECT PLAN*
Requires a one-time training subscription fee of N14,500 only

*Level 1*
Your 3 direct referrals earn you N13,200 x 3 = N39600.
The balance of N1,300 x 3 = N3,900 is company charges.

From your N39,600:
N17,100 goes to your sponsor's sponsor.
N14,500 is held for re-subscription.
N8,000 is withdrawable.

*Level 2*
Your 2nd level Referrals earn you N17,100 x 9 = N153,900.

From your N153,900: N50,000 is used to upgrade you into the project plan. N103,900 is withdrawable.

You earn same N8,000 + N153,900 = N161,900 every month as long as your structure grows.

*THE PROJECT PLAN*
Requires a one-time subscription of N50,000 only (already paid from the Pre Project Plan)

*Level 1*
Your Direct referrals earn you N44,000 x 3 = N132,000.
The balance is company charges.

From your N132,000:
N58,000 goes to your sponsor's sponsor.
N49,000 is held for re-subscription.
N25,000 is withdrawable.

*Level 2*
Your 2nd level referrals earn you N58,000 x 9 = N522,000.
From your N522,000:
N300,000 goes to your sponsor's sponsor.
N222,000 is withdrawable.

*Level 3*
Your 3rd level referrals earn you N300,000 x 27 = N8,100,000.
From your N8,100,000:
N2,100,000 goes to your sponsor's sponsor.
N6,000,000 is withdrawable.

*Level 4*
Your 4th level referrals earn you N2,100,000 x 81 = N170,100,000.

You earn same N25,000 + N222,000 + N6,000,000 + N170,100,000 = N176,345,000 every month as long as your structure grows.

*THERE'S MORE!*

1. You earn both your pre-project and project plan cycles monthly. All you need do is *SIGN UP* now.

2. You attend company sponsored agricultural trainings including all expense paid trainings/excursions held abroad.

3. You get equipped with the network and resources to help startup your own agricultural business.

4. Joining my team in Green Nation allows you leverage on our whatsapp platform to easily recruit friends, family, and interested parties.

*You are sure to get all the support you need because GREEN NATION is about TEAM WORK AND RESULTS*
Whatsap or call
+2348132034067
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:21am On Jul 12, 2017
The secret of money making; Redefined.

I Studied the richest people in the world including Aliko Dangote...I started asking myself where is the money....?
Look at Mark Zuckerbeg of Facebook...what is making money for him?... *People*
What is making money for google?.... *People*
What is making money for Government?... *People*
What is making money for the Bank? .... *People*
What is making money for MTN?.... *People*
What is making money for Coca-Cola .... *People*

Why is it that Dangote is expanding to African countries ?....he wants to reach more *People* and make more money.

*Money is in PEOPLE.. *People are the custodians of wealth*

If you come in contact with somebody who says he cannot get *People*... stay away from her or him, he is not a good business partner, ..Networking is business of people, for the people and 21st century business. Period.

*I love referring people to what makes money for me, by sharing vital information on how and what I do will help them*

�� *Networking Marketing* is all about social intelligence.

*STANDOUT AND SUCCEED*
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:21am On Jul 12, 2017
*THE BIG QUESTION*
��������������������

1) *what if I want to join your inner circle or your team but I don't have time to refer or I don't want to refer people.....?*

�� *FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THIS BUSINESS BUT DON'T HAVE TIME OR DONT WANT TO REFER PEOPLE , YOU CAN STILL JOIN.... BUT YOU HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE 1,000 FOR LOGISTICS AT UR REGISTRATION AND CONTRIBUTE N1,500 EACH TIME YOU EARN FROM OUR WORK.....THIS WILL BE UR CONTIBUTION TO PUBLICITY EXPENSES....*(it wouldn't be fair to just sit back and enjoy without working or contributing towards d admins efforts).

2) *What if I know how to refer people or I will like to work with you and learn your 20+ plus ways of getting people to call me?*

���� *YOU ARE HIGHLY WELCOMED..... JUST GET REGISTERED AND LET'S START WORKING*

ADMIN........
Mr KC .......

*YOUR FRIEND AND PARTNER*..........
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:22am On Jul 12, 2017
*WHY YOU NEED TO THINK DIFFERENTLY TO BECOME A BILLIONAIRE!*

MONEY:
Average people look for ways to spend money. Billionaires look for ways to invest money.

INVESTMENT:
Average people invest just a little. Billionaires know that investing is the key to abundance.

JOBS:
Average people think a better job will make them wealthy. Billionaires know that a job will never make them wealthy, investments will.

RISK:
Average people stay away from risk because they might fail. Billionaires know if they don't take risks, they have already failed.

PROBLEMS:
Average people try to avoid problems. Billionaires see problem as an opportunity to make millions.

PREPARATION:
Average people prepare for today. Billionaires prepare today for the opportunities of tomorrow.

TIME:
Average people waste time. Billionaires see time as their most valuable assets.

FEAR:
Average people are always afraid of losing money. Billionaires know if they lose money they can be wiser, smarter and stronger.

*Are you and average or billionaire-minded person?*

*Think about this*
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
chat me up on whatsapp.... for more details
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
Sometimes just take the risks & dont give a damn!

THE BILLIONAIRE WHO SOLD HIS FORTUNE FOR $800

Ronald Gerald Wayne (aka Ron Wayne)!
This is the co-founder of Apple that many of us don't know about.
On April 2nd, 1976, Wayne incorporated Apple together with Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Just 12 days after, Ron Wayne didn't see a future for the company so sold his 10% shares in Apple for $800.

Unfortunately for him, Apple thrived and today, 40 years later, had he stayed, his 10% would have been worth $75B! Today, at age 80, Wayne lives on his Social Security checks while his friends left fortunes for their grandkids.
In the Apple story, Ron Wayne is the man who won the lottery but lost the ticket.

But my friend, this could be ME or YOU. We loose out on opportunities all the time!

Sometimes, life beats us so hard that the only reasonable thing to do is to QUIT an amazing opportunity such that you don't even see the 40 Years Future. But Rev. Richard Whitcomb whom I took this story from said, the process might be painful but quitting will not make it perfect.

Don't give up because you don't see where you're going.
Don't give up because you don't see how far you've come.
You have to go through the process when your faith is tested and eventually you'll make progress!

In summary,
DON'T GIVE UP!
DON'T GIVE UP!
DON'T GIVE UP!
Just keep going!
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
MAIZE
Maize, also known as Corn is one of the most useful cereal crop in West Africa, foods made out of maize is very nutritious as It is an important source of carbohydrate, protein, iron, vitamin B, and minerals, and is known to digest very quickly. Most Africans tend to consume maize mainly as a starchy base in a wide variety of porridge, pastes, grits, and beer. The Green freshly harvested maize cob is eaten either roasted or boiled.
In many Western countries like the USA, maize is used mainly for industrial products processing and for manufacturing of animal feeds or as straight Livestock feeds. Whichever way it is used, maize is the most important cereal crop in Africa with rice and wheat which make up the three most important cereal crops in the world.
Maize is very simple to cultivate, easy to maintain, far less delicate that other crops , and take less capital too. Like rice, maize matures very fast, within 2-5 months of planting the crop is ready for harvest, depending on which stage you want to harvest your crop.
Maize grows in a wider range of soil type than rice, almost every part of Nigeria can grow maize on their soil. With the use of Hybrid Maize and mechanized system of farming, yield of maize can reach up to 10.2 tonnes per hectare, with traditional African type of cultivation, production is 2.1 tonnes per hectare which isn’t too bad anyway.
Here are simple things you need to put in place to cultivate, harvest, and sell maize in your area.

1. Get Spacious Land –
Like I said before, maize can be grown in all lands in Nigeria but it performs better in a well drained fertile loamy soil. Look for land that is predominantly loam.
Clear the land using manual laborers or mechanical means, the bottom line is to remove the weeds and keep the soil loose for proper maize seedbed and ensure the preservation of the topsoil .
Make sure you plant your maize seed as soon as you clear the soil to allow the maize grow ahead of weeds. Delay in planting will expose the hybrids maize to competition with the weeds.

2. Get Improved Maize Variety –
If possible, look for Recommended Verities of maize to improve your yield.
For Early Season Planting, Look for:-
Yellow Open Pollinated Varieties. Western Yellow 1: TZSR-Y-1 (Streak Resistant)
DMR-LSRY (Downy Mildew & Streak Resistant).
Yellow Hybrids Varieties: 8425-8; 8329-15
White, Open Pollinated Varieties: TZPB (FARZ 27); TZB (FARZ 34); TZSR-W-1;
ZPBSR (Streak Resistant); DMR-LSRW (Downy Mildew & Streak Resistant).
DMR-LSRW (Downy Mildew & Streak Resistant).
White Hybrids: 8321-18; 9022-19; (Striga Resistant).
For Late Season :-
Plant early maturing, streak or downy mildew resistant varieties.
Yellow Open Pollinated Varieties: TZESR-Y; DMR-ESRY (Downy Mildew and
Streak Resistant).
White, Open Pollinated Varieties: TZESR-W; DMR-ESRW (Downy Mildew and Streak Resistant)
POPCORN: White Pop: Yellow composite.
Get any of these seed varieties from your State and Institution’s Agric departments or anywhere you can find them, just ask people.
Give space of about one feet to one and half feet from and between each plant. Planting is best by March ending to the first week of April, sometimes up to early May, depending on how early the rain started and the intensity.

3. Apply Fertilizer and Control The Weeds –
You may not need fertilizer if the soil is quite fertile. However, the application of fertilizer will aid the crop to yield more.
For Open Pollinated Maize Varieties:
Forest fallows 10 years or more. Apply 200 kg (4 bags) of NPK 25-10-10 per hectare at planting as band or broadcast application.
For Hybrids Corn Varieties:
For every high yields maize, you’ll need to apply 600 kg (12 bags) of 25:10:10 per hectare in two splits that is, at planting (200 kg) and 5 to 6 weeks after planting.
Manual Weeding:
Start the first weeding on your maize farm from 15days after planting and not later than 25days or as soon as you begin to notice the growth of weeds in your farm. A second weeding may not be necessary before the second application of fertilizer (if there is need for second application of fertilizer) many farmers don’t apply fertilizer twice.
Herbicide Application:
Apply Atrazine pre-emergence at the rate of 3kg ai/ha on a clean seed bed.
After all these has been done, next is to wait for the maturity of your corn for the harvest to begin. I don’t want to emphasize on the profit of maize produce because you and I knows there is huge profit and benefits in every farm produce.
JOIN OUR TEAM.. chat me up now
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
LEAFY VEGETABLE
When you talk about lucrative Agricultural business, leafy vegetable production is one of it, it's one of the farming in which you u can make money continuously through out the year even during dry season unlike other crops that can only be grown only during rainy season, the duration of vegetable from sowing till harvesting is just 3-4weeks, so we can continuously make money from it within shortest possible time, also in terms of market, there is market for it, people eats vegetable soup Becos of its nutrient,so one can't venture into this business and loose, every market u go, u see ppłe selling vegetables, why, becos the demand for it is high
PLANTING IN DETAILS
1) SITE SELECTION : choose a site with sandy loamy soil, vegetable does not grow well on clay nor sandy soil.

2) PRE-PLANTING OPERATION
A) Bed making : vegetable strives well on bed, raise the bed up and this will ensure speedy growth
B) Apply manure: farmyard or compost manure should be added to the bed and shud be left for like a week for it to decompos,after that,planting can be done
3) PLANTING : this can be done via drilling or broadcasting method depending on our choice but I prefer drilling Becos it makes it organize and mature
4) POST PLANTING OPERATION : IF it's during raining season, No p, but if it's during dry season, irrigation system shud be provide such dat wetting is done very early in the morning and late in the evening, pls do not wet in the afternoon, it might kills d plant

PEST AND DISEASE CONTROL : This should be properly taken care of very well as it can either reduce profit or not getting any profit at all

A) to be on a safer side, green house should be constructed, this prevent pest and some disease causing organism from infestation
Also, wen Dia is observation of infestation, be4 it goes wide, prepare extract of neem or moringa and spray, if u still see symptoms again, pls uproot the infested ones to prevent contaminating the healthy ones, green house is Encouraged as it prevents this

U don't need to waste money on seeds again as u can get seeds from d vegetables

GOD BLESS U all✋�✋�
Join Our Team now... Chat me up
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
That's all for today...
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hello house, please I'm very much interested in anything agric, but I'm seriously lacking funds to begin.

I would like to partner with a genuine and serious person(s) with finance in this regard. I'm willing to go into cultivation, production and sales of agric produce from and to any part of the country.

I promise hard work and sincerity. I am an engineering graduate, but agric is my passion.

to contact me, please call: 07012594180

Thanks.
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
fantasticshaw:
Hello house, please I'm very much interested in anything agric, but I'm seriously lacking funds to begin.

I would like to partner with a genuine and serious person(s) with finance in this regard. I'm willing to go into cultivation, production and sales of agric produce from and to any part of the country.

I promise hard work and sincerity. I am an engineering graduate, but agric is my passion.

to contact me, please call: 07012594180

Thanks.
Chat me up... opportunity for you
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by ibrabdul72(m): 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
peretesi:
MAIZE
Maize, also known as Corn is one of the most useful cereal crop in West Africa, foods made out of maize is very nutritious as It is an important source of carbohydrate, protein, iron, vitamin B, and minerals, and is known to digest very quickly. Most Africans tend to consume maize mainly as a starchy base in a wide variety of porridge, pastes, grits, and beer. The Green freshly harvested maize cob is eaten either roasted or boiled.
In many Western countries like the USA, maize is used mainly for industrial products processing and for manufacturing of animal feeds or as straight Livestock feeds. Whichever way it is used, maize is the most important cereal crop in Africa with rice and wheat which make up the three most important cereal crops in the world.
Maize is very simple to cultivate, easy to maintain, far less delicate that other crops , and take less capital too. Like rice, maize matures very fast, within 2-5 months of planting the crop is ready for harvest, depending on which stage you want to harvest your crop.
Maize grows in a wider range of soil type than rice, almost every part of Nigeria can grow maize on their soil. With the use of Hybrid Maize and mechanized system of farming, yield of maize can reach up to 10.2 tonnes per hectare, with traditional African type of cultivation, production is 2.1 tonnes per hectare which isn’t too bad anyway.
Here are simple things you need to put in place to cultivate, harvest, and sell maize in your area.

1. Get Spacious Land –
Like I said before, maize can be grown in all lands in Nigeria but it performs better in a well drained fertile loamy soil. Look for land that is predominantly loam.
Clear the land using manual laborers or mechanical means, the bottom line is to remove the weeds and keep the soil loose for proper maize seedbed and ensure the preservation of the topsoil .
Make sure you plant your maize seed as soon as you clear the soil to allow the maize grow ahead of weeds. Delay in planting will expose the hybrids maize to competition with the weeds.

2. Get Improved Maize Variety –
If possible, look for Recommended Verities of maize to improve your yield.
For Early Season Planting, Look for:-
Yellow Open Pollinated Varieties. Western Yellow 1: TZSR-Y-1 (Streak Resistant)
DMR-LSRY (Downy Mildew & Streak Resistant).
Yellow Hybrids Varieties: 8425-8; 8329-15
White, Open Pollinated Varieties: TZPB (FARZ 27); TZB (FARZ 34); TZSR-W-1;
ZPBSR (Streak Resistant); DMR-LSRW (Downy Mildew & Streak Resistant).
DMR-LSRW (Downy Mildew & Streak Resistant).
White Hybrids: 8321-18; 9022-19; (Striga Resistant).
For Late Season :-
Plant early maturing, streak or downy mildew resistant varieties.
Yellow Open Pollinated Varieties: TZESR-Y; DMR-ESRY (Downy Mildew and
Streak Resistant).
White, Open Pollinated Varieties: TZESR-W; DMR-ESRW (Downy Mildew and Streak Resistant)
POPCORN: White Pop: Yellow composite.
Get any of these seed varieties from your State and Institution’s Agric departments or anywhere you can find them, just ask people.
Give space of about one feet to one and half feet from and between each plant. Planting is best by March ending to the first week of April, sometimes up to early May, depending on how early the rain started and the intensity.

3. Apply Fertilizer and Control The Weeds –
You may not need fertilizer if the soil is quite fertile. However, the application of fertilizer will aid the crop to yield more.
For Open Pollinated Maize Varieties:
Forest fallows 10 years or more. Apply 200 kg (4 bags) of NPK 25-10-10 per hectare at planting as band or broadcast application.
For Hybrids Corn Varieties:
For every high yields maize, you’ll need to apply 600 kg (12 bags) of 25:10:10 per hectare in two splits that is, at planting (200 kg) and 5 to 6 weeks after planting.
Manual Weeding:
Start the first weeding on your maize farm from 15days after planting and not later than 25days or as soon as you begin to notice the growth of weeds in your farm. A second weeding may not be necessary before the second application of fertilizer (if there is need for second application of fertilizer) many farmers don’t apply fertilizer twice.
Herbicide Application:
Apply Atrazine pre-emergence at the rate of 3kg ai/ha on a clean seed bed.
After all these has been done, next is to wait for the maturity of your corn for the harvest to begin. I don’t want to emphasize on the profit of maize produce because you and I knows there is huge profit and benefits in every farm produce.
JOIN OUR TEAM.. chat me up now
I'm in Lagos and would be going into maize farming in a couple of days time please chat me up on WhatsApp. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 12:01am On Jul 13, 2017
ibrabdul72:

I'm in Lagos and would be going into maize farming in a couple of days time please chat me up on WhatsApp. Thanks
my contact is on my signature you can easily chat me up... and I can't see urs
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by ibrabdul72(m): 8:57am On Jul 13, 2017
peretesi:
my contact is on my signature you can easily chat me up... and I can't see urs
Thanks very much sir. I've added you
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2017
*BREAKING NEWS*
����������

Hello all, congratulations! The first series of the Green Nation #1 Day Agricultural training will commence from July 15th - 30th 2017. Please view the itinerary below.

�Lagos - 15th & 16th July.

�Port Harcourt - 21st July contact person. Terry Banigo & Pastor Ijay (Budozamama)

�Warri - 22nd July contact person. Azubuike Umehea

�Calabar - 24th July contact person. Mrs Aneh

�Uyo - 26th July contact person. Mrs Aneh

�Owerri - 28th July contact person. Madam Kena

�Onitsha/Asaba - 30th July. Contact person. Canny

Kindly clear out your schedules

Details of venue and time will be communicated

The event is free to every registered Green Nation member.

Regards.
Greennation team.

Contact me now through my signature
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
send me an email on azlove4real@gmail.com or drop your email
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 11:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
Before I start let me say these :

Exporting your goods and services to a foreign country is never easy. You’d have to overcome a lot of barriers, understand new cultures, languages, and have capable partners that can make your efforts achieve any form of success.Getting international buyers for an import export business is one of the biggest challenges many entrepreneurs face. It becomes increasingly more difficult when you’re at the start of the venture or are just trying to source international buyers for the first time. But if your looking to go into exportation these are the ways to get started and earn in dollars, Euro e.t.c

1.By registering with Export Promotion Councils, you can stay up to date on the needs of other countries on your product line, what companies are reaching out to them to get information on potential exporters, and how to properly market your business in those countries.The Nigeria Export promotion council is one you can start with. Unlike other government agencies, they’re very responsive over the phone, especially their Lagos chapter.

2. By reaching out to local representatives in your country, you can build an export link to the international buyers.

3. Another route to take is to supplement the orders of local companies who have international customers to export products and services to. By supplementing their operations, you can ensure they’re up to par with their supplies, although you remain indirectly connected to the end client

4. International trade platforms like Alibaba and several others have made the global import and export business a whole lot easier, as they have opened far more opportunities for businesses who have products and are constantly looking out for importers that can facilitate a certain minimum transaction.

5. While registering on an online trading platform is important, it is highly crucial that you have an international SEO-Ready website. The advantage of this is when international companies or buyers are searching Google for businesses that can export certain products to them, your company would be easier for them to find.

6. You can get reliable sales agents by contacting the Chamber of Commerce, Export Promotion Councils, and independent consultants in whichever country you intend to export products to.Overseas sales agents will interface directly with the buyers and will always let you know their position on any potential purchase.

7. Do marketing and grow your brand/Business name. This helps the buyers to know you ain't fraud when doing their research as how authentic you are.

8. As stated above, the Chambers of Commerce in several countries can help you not just get sales agents, but can also help you find valuable contacts, so contacting them would be helpful.

9. Engaging in trade fairs is a great way to introduce your products to international buyers. These international companies usually visit a lot of trade fairs to see what’s new in the market, who’s selling what, and which businesses are the best options to work with.

10. Most countries have state-controlled companies that import products in large quantities. You can do a thorough research on the countries your products would be a great fit for and contact their embassies in your country, or directly reach out to them through their company’s website contact details.To make it easier, if you can get a foreign representative with connections to help you through the process, getting a signed deal would be a whole lot easier.

*IN CONCLUSION* I BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GIVE YOU A VALUABLE INFORMATION

Thanks for your time. I love you guys ...
Mr Kingsley
*YOUR FRIEND AND PARTNER*
*Join us now are learn more on exportation and so many more*
CHAT ME UP
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
Do u know why Ponzi schemes flourished and made away with lots of people's money? I'll tell you...

1. It is because Nigerians are lazy. They like to hear "Put in your money and do nothing. The money will double itself."

So they told people what they like to hear, and the money kept flowing into their pockets.

2. Nigerians are greedy: Put in #10,000 and u will get back #1 million in one month. Once you hear that sound, the greed takes over, and u hand over the money.

3. Nigerians like instant reward: The law of business says u invest in a business, you build the business for sometime, and then the business rewards you with passive income for life.

4. Theirs the saying "start small but think big" but most Nigerians don't want to start small they want over night success.

5. Ever when they start small, they give up easily when they face little challenge. I once read an article about Coca Cola that in their first year they sold only "25 bottles"..just 25 bottles but now see where not giving up has lead them to.... If it was some of us even if we sold 250 bottles they would still somehow give up.

But people want to put in their money today and start getting rich tomorrow. That's not business, that's gambling.

So u see why my Green nation is totally different. We don't preach any of those things people love to hear just to get your money. We tell u the truth.

If you want to succeed in Green nation , you must follow the principles for success.. Because Green nation is a well established business system...not a Ponzi Scheme.

*If you are serious about taking control of your financial life and future, then welcome to Green nation*

#GreennationMillionaires

contact me today : azlove4real@gmail.com or Whatsapp at 08132034067
Re: Learn How To Source Capital To Start Your Own Farm by peretesi(m): 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
Good News to all Fellow Agropreneurs
Green nation has just launched its new cooperative society, this I believe is something to shout about.
Join Green nation today and secure your Future!

whatsapp number
08132034067 to join.
[/b]
Farming in Nigeria has taken a dramatic turn to better directions in recent years, creating jobs and opportunities for Entrepreneurs who dare to go into farming Business. Millionaires are currently being made every year through Farming in Nigeria and there is no end to the prospects of creating more and more wealth through farming in the coming years.
By the time Nigeria attain it’s full capacity utilization in agriculture, Farming in Nigeria will become great foreign currency earner more than as it already is. The implication is that Nigerian Farmers will be able to earn in Naira and in Dollars as well as Euros and Pound Sterling.
The prospect for Farming in Nigeria is so high and thank God we've seen it. Greennation.
[b]

JOIN OUR COOPERATIVE AND GET MONEY TO START UP YOUR DREAM BUSINESS

I was going to add that the Cooperative is going to be just 6k to join. You should be able to leverage on the platform which I believe is still better than to go and borrow from bank or any other institutions...
But you must have a Green Nation ID number before you can enjoy being a Cooperative member.

*GREENNATION COOPERATIVE*

How it works

(1) You register with 6,000 only.

(2) You save any amount you can conveniently save for the period of six months.

(3) You ask Greennation for a loan. Which Greennation will give you loan 3times of your 6 months saving as a member but 2times of your savings as a non member.

(4) you pay back 2times your loan with 0% interest within 12 month I.e 1yr.

(5) You earn a referral bonus of #500 in each person you introduce to the cooperative.

(6) you earn referral bonus up to 9th generation.

(7) There is no limited number of referrals.

(1) (Reply)

Unprofessional Attitude Of TVC Nigeria Correspondent / Ponmo Ijebu, 25 Pieces For 1,000 Naira / Less Than 3% Women Have Access To Agric Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.