Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket (11936 Views)

The Moment Buhari Arrived Dikko Stadium In Katsina For His Final Campaign / See The Moment Buhari Entered Stadium In Kano For His Rally(Video&Pix) / Lai Mohammed's Outfit To Real Madrid Stadium In Spain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by evexx1(f): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2017
That's great!
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by PETUK(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2017
Blue3k:
Annother stadium isn't there better things to do then with tax money other than building more stadiums. How conested is the Uyo stadium really? Someone tell me I'm there often enough to know.

Lol doubt it when does anything go this perfect. This seem like an attempt to score cheap political points ahead of elections. There's better projects they should focus on completing like upgrading Ibom Power from 190mw to 685mw.
Nepa Pole fall on you
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by SplendidE(f): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2017
kygo:
Misplaced priorities. .what does he need another stadium for? Just another way of stealing money..smh

exactly my thoughts
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by SmartTom(m): 11:04am On Jul 12, 2017
Am Surprise, when we are talking about restructuring, what happen to Qua Steel rehabilitation?, leave Stadium focus on capital project that can employ at most 5000 youths and boost the state IGR. Please
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by delxmaverick(m): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2017
The state should kukuma include new stadiums in all their yearly budgets. It's not as if it's bad. Buh when as the head of a family, your family is dying of hunger and here you re buying them movie ticket. Does it make any sense?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by bigtt76(f): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2017
The one at Uyo we've been losing matches and now den wan go build another one ....issssssorite! grin
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by morichy(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2017
Fresca:
Another stadium? For what? Nsuto mumu idea be this one?
lol...nkor ishie ke ado na....na stadium unemployed youths go chop...

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by megastarjec(m): 11:21am On Jul 12, 2017
Why waste money for a new one when they can renovate or possibly expand the old. Why throw away money when less of it can still make the old an international standard one? Is it now a competition?

Abeg, they should think of something else joor!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by MichaelUweh(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2017
The moment you have a vision less Governor....

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by pBuhari(f): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2017
Good

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by sniperr007(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2017
Blue3k:
Annother stadium isn't there better things to do then with tax money other than building more stadiums. How conested is the Uyo stadium really? Someone tell me I'm there often enough to know.

Lol doubt it when does anything go this perfect. This seem like an attempt to score cheap political points ahead of elections. There's better projects they should focus on completing like upgrading Ibom Power from 190mw to 685mw.

His from eket. This politicians lack wisdom. Rubbish. Jus another way to steal money.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Codes151(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2017
MRAKBEE:
Good development but i think there other areas that need urgent attentions.there is a stadium in eket alredy and the state government is still indebted to Julius berger after the construction of the giant stadium in Uyo, a project which i think is just an edifice as the facilities are yet to be fully utilized while our one-wing super eagles have lost virtually all the matches they played there.

senator Godswill Akpabio, his predecessor was fond of embarking on white elephant projects in the name of good governance.. Go to the interior parts of the state and you will see abject poverty and complete abandonment by government.Good government must not only be measured by what we hear from the mouths of our modern day politicians but what is obtainable at the grassroot level because that is the root of democracy and good government.
While the north is busy making giant steps to reduce unemployment through the introduction of state npower programme like what is happening here in kebbi as well as reduce mass illiteracy through the payment of students bursary and granting of scholarships to indigenous students of tertiary institutions, southern governors are still bent on getting cheap popularity through white elephant projects like the proposed eket stadium.
I think the already constructed eket stadium shud be renovated and its capacity increased if need be in the light of the growing rate of unemployment and recession.. Posterity shall judge us well if we do the right thing now
which state govt? U mean Akpabio? Ask Berger for the project plan and ask Akpabio administration of the budget plan!! Then you'd know who is owing who
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Kobicove(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2017
I thought this state already has a stadium?

What is the economic benefit of building another stadium in the state? undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by vikeyz(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2017
It seems to me that our leaders who are so called 'educated' lose their sense of reasoning when they get up there. Very aweful. Please we want industries not stadiums

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by salveoP(m): 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
Desyner:
We need factories and not a stadium.
U are on point. The Stadium would just be a waste of resources....
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by yaki84: 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
Blue3k:

the current 190 we r generating how r we enjoying it?

When we clamour for restructuring u guys think its abt hijacking power from the centre.

Attah collected loans built the power plant, the power generated is transmitted to d national grid then they share small of it back to phed which then send what eva they like back to us, at the end we still servicing the loan used in buildng that plant without the state benefitting from it.

Stadium is part of tourism development, but i know most of u dnt understand what potential tourism has in an economy.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by akblings(m): 2:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
Someone should tell him (the Governor) to pay gratuities and pension arrears...

Not for him to jump some people and pay his close relatives and perm. Sects,
and stil cum on air to blow lies dat he has settled everybody...
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Blue3k(m): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
yaki84:

the current 190 we r generating how r we enjoying it?

When we clamour for restructuring u guys think its abt hijacking power from the centre.

Attah collected loans built the power plant, the power generated is transmitted to d national grid then they share small of it back to phed which then send what eva they like back to us, at the end we still servicing the loan used in buildng that plant without the state benefitting from it.

Stadium is part of tourism development, but i know most of u dnt understand what potential tourism has in an economy.

You're telling me generating more power to state boasting industry is less beneficial than building a second stadium. Yes restructuring is about decentralization of government functions at its core. Hence why it should not stop at state but local government.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by thomasthomas: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
kjhova:
Do we all just complain by default? Is this a Nigerian trait??

The government of Akwa Ibom concludes to build a new stadium in Eket to compliment the functional one at Uyo and a man in Lagos, Abuja or Enugu is e-complaining about wastage!

Have you done the feasibility to conclude that the project is a waste? When the Akpabio administration built the one in Uyo, we also screamed blue murder yet today, the stadium has proven commercially viable.

Kudos to the government on this one as I am confident that it won't be a white elephant.

Must you always show your ignorance? How many matches has the over N100bn Godswill Akpabio stadium hosted in Uyo, can you compare it with the amount spent in building it? Imagine if that money was used to build or finance 100's of industries, youths will be employed.

There is extreme poverty and unemployment in Akwa Ibom State and you are here congratulating a government that is about to waste money again on a useless project.

Did you say the nest of champions is commercially viable? smh...

You have no clue of economics. sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by freedomchild: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hmmm. after una don swear for Uyo stadium that Naija no go win match for their, una wan build another one again....... I laugh in Swahili
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by kjhova(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
thomasthomas:

Must you always show your ignorance? How many matches has the over N100bn Godswill Akpabio stadium hosted in Uyo, can you compare it with the amount spent in building it? Imagine if that money was used to build or finance 100's of industries, youths will be employed.

There is extreme poverty and unemployment in Akwa Ibom State and you are here congratulating a government that is about to waste money again on a useless project.

Did you say the nest of champions is commercially viable? smh...

You have no clue of economics. sad sad

The only ignorant entity on display here seem to be you and I really mean this not to be seen as an insult. Why am I engaged in such speculation as aforementioned? See below:

1) Was the Uyo stadium built at the cost of over N100Bn? Please show us your source and I will accept as default.
2) Have states not invested in industries before in this Nigeria and the investments still go bad? So what is this point about industries?
3) Do you have any proof that Akwa Ibom isn't already investing in industry along with the stadium project?
4) Are you aware that even if it takes the Uyo stadium 15 years to break even, it is still viable for such high end project?
5) Do you realize that Akwa Ibom's improving sports facilities profile is part of the state's larger tourism drive which is beneficial on the long run?
6) In simplicitas, is it wise for you to stamp me as ignorant on a matter which you have very scanty info on?; How much will the Eket stadium cost, what is the breakdown of the funding, When is the targeted break even, what other values are envisaged besides financials, etc, etc.

Don't throw abusives, man. The Eket stadium is worth it IMO...& this is my opinion.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by yaki84: 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
Blue3k:

You're telling me generating more power to state boasting industry is less beneficial than building a second stadium. Yes restructuring is about decentralization of government functions at its core. Hence why it should not stop at state but local government.
the last one we generated, is the state benefitting from it?

We r generating presently more than 100mw from IPP, but do u know how many mw they share to akwaibom daiily?

Do u know how much tourism contributes to some nations economy?
Countries like kenya, even ghana now r looking towards that direction. Tourism is a big business, imagine how much london generates weekly from emirates, whitehart lane, stamford bridge etc from fans who throng in to watch their teams play. From the hoteliers, restaurant, bars, other small business.

Am not writing off industries, but how many nigerians do patronise made in naija goods?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by Blue3k(m): 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
yaki84:

the last one we generated, is the state benefitting from it?

We r generating presently more than 100mw from IPP, but do u know how many mw they share to akwaibom daiily?

Do u know how much tourism contributes to some nations economy?
Countries like kenya, even ghana now r looking towards that direction. Tourism is a big business, imagine how much london generates weekly from emirates, whitehart lane, stamford bridge etc from fans who throng in to watch their teams play. From the hoteliers, restaurant, bars, other small business.

Am not writing off industries, but how many nigerians do patronise made in naija goods?

Yes is the state giving out power for free? The light situation is better relatively. Increasing the amount of light gives more power to local business. You want people to go on tours in darkness. This same government planning to have syringes factory, coconut refinery, port and industrial city. These things would be complemented by cheap steady power.

What big sports teams or events do they have planned for this stadium. I just don't see big draw to the stadium.

Ps: I'd rather they upgrade the airport and get permission for it to have international flights.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by gameboyo: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
Desyner:
We need factories and not a stadium.

Industries are bin built almost everywhere. Metering company in onna, chick hatchery in uruan, biggest syring factory in West Africa, seconded only to the one in South Africa in uyo. Pencil and toothpick industry, peacock paint and so much more
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by phantom24: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
The most uselessz governor I have seen in d history of Nigeria. 3yrs is gone and no single reasonable project is on ground. If not for NDDC the state capital would hav become an eyesore by now. This man is worst than buhari. sad

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by rozayx5(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
phantom24:
The most uselessz governor I have seen in d history of Nigeria. 3yrs is gone and no single reasonable project is on ground. If not for NDDC the state capital would hav become an eyesore by now. This man is worst than buhari. sad

Udom no try

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by sleeveless: 12:12am On Jul 13, 2017
kjhova:

The only ignorant entity on display here seem to be you and I really mean this not to be seen as an insult. Why am I engaged in such speculation as aforementioned? See below:

1) Was the Uyo stadium built at the cost of over N100Bn? Please show us your source and I will accept as default.
2) Have states not invested in industries before in this Nigeria and the investments still go bad? So what is this point about industries?
3) Do you have any proof that Akwa Ibom isn't already investing in industry along with the stadium project?
4) Are you aware that even if it takes the Uyo stadium 15 years to break even, it is still viable for such high end project?
5) Do you realize that Akwa Ibom's improving sports facilities profile is part of the state's larger tourism drive which is beneficial on the long run?
6) In simplicitas, is it wise for you to stamp me as ignorant on a matter which you have very scanty info on?; How much will the Eket stadium cost, what is the breakdown of the funding, When is the targeted break even, what other values are envisaged besides financials, etc, etc.

Don't throw abusives, man. The Eket stadium is worth it IMO...& this is my opinion.

you are very right with your analysis, from all d comment I read only few persons supported d project . those complaining are doing so because they will always see everything wrong in a laudable ideal.
They have forgotten that sports is the highest employer of youth. that stadium will end up taking some folks from grass to grace.
Eket certainly needs a stadium cos from Eket to uyo is over an hour. maybe those complaining shud channel their frustration to their governors
Re: Akwa Ibom To Build Stadium In Eket by yaki84: 12:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Blue3k:

Yes is the state giving out power for free? The light situation is better relatively. Increasing the amount of light gives more power to local business. You want people to go on tours in darkness. This same government planning to have syringes factory, coconut refinery, port and industrial city. These things would be complemented by cheap steady power.

What big sports teams or events do they have planned for this stadium. I just don't see big draw to the stadium.

Ps: I'd rather they upgrade the airport and get permission for it to have international flights.

when buhari comes back, udom will go n beg him for all those request,.

For now people need job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2020: Military, Police To Spend 91% Of Budgets On Salaries, Others / Ndigbo Is Not Under Any Attack In Lagos - Ohaneze / "Nigerians Are Suffering" - Oshiomhole Speaks On Naira Redesign (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.