Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu (1386 Views)

An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Ifedimma Onwugbufor / Breaking News: Igbos In Los Angeles Response To Nnamdi Kanu Will Shock You / IPOB Supporters Donate Cow Named ‘Buhari’ To Nnamdi Kanu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by yazach: 7:27am On Jul 12, 2017
An Open Letter to Nnamdi Kanu

I saw this on social media and I think it worth sharing because of the benefits in the article especially for biafra agitators

Listen brother KANU , I understand the frustration. I wish things can work that way. But everything that happens in the world has a precedent and there is something called international law. That's where the elites and intelligentsia are important for the struggle.

John Garange was elite of the South Sudan he was instrumental to the peace talk that led to independence of South Sudan. After he died in a plane crash, Silva Kiir, his lieutenant, who was also another elite, took over and led the country to Independence.

Our people should be very careful so that they do not shoot themselves in the foot. Things do not happen by emotions. The international law does not recognize emotions.

First and foremost Nigeria is an independent sovereign state, a member state of the UN, AU, Commonwealth of Nations and Ecowas. She has diplomatic relations with over 100 countries in the world. Her sovereignty is respected and protected under the UN law, it means that until she decides by herself to partitioned herself, no country in the world will recognize any part of Nigeria that forced itself out of Nigeria.

A country is a country when it is recognized by other countries as a sovereign state recognized by the UN and member states.

I give you an example of what will happen when the elite of Igboland do not engage Nigeria in discussions about self determination. By the way the 1999 constitution does not have any provisions for self determination of any part of the federation like the US or U.K. Constitution, for a debate or discussion to happen about letting a part to go the constitution which is the supreme law of the law must be amended or changed.

This is what will happen if you fail to act within the international law framework. You will become like entities such as Northern Cyprus which broke away from the south in 1974 with the support of Turkish Army; which after 42 years, no country in the world other than Turkey recognized.

The north Cyprus does not do business with any country in the world, they do not have international passport recognized by any country in the world, their citizens are given Turkish citizenship so that they can travel out. Their money is not recognized by world bank and they cannot trade with the outside world. But they have been existing on their own for 42 years now. Currently they are agitating for reunification with the South which is called Greek Cyprus.

This is a precedent to look at. Somaliland was colonized by Britain while Somalia was colonized by Italy. After independence, Somaliland willingly join their Somali brothers to become the republic of Somalia. When civil war broke out in Somalia about 25 years ago, Somaliland which was very peaceful and functioning, withdrew from the Somalia republic.

25 years after, even though Somalia is a failed state and Somaliland has been having peaceful democratic elections and functioning like a state, no country in the would recognized Somaliland as a country. Her citizens are still called Somali and can only travel outside with Republic of Somalia passport.

Somaliland is living on international aid because it cannot do business with any country in the world. Their money cannot exchange for international currencies because it's not recognized by world bank and IMF. This is a precedent in our own Africa.

The two breakaway regions of Georgia known as South Ossetia and Abkhazia are recognized only by Russia more than 10 years after they broke away from Republic of Georgia with Russian support. Till this day only Russia recognized them as a sovereign entity. No one does business with them. In order for them to travel out they took Russian citizenship and obtain Russian passports. But by international law they are still Georgians.

Ukraine conflict is still on till this day. The East broke out of the Ukraine with the help of Russia military. The war is still on. Even though for 3 years the Ukrainian government is not in control of those regions. No country in the world recognized those regions as independent or sovereign states. They are still using Ukrainian currency, Ukrainian passport and the territory is still know as Ukraine.

These are precedents. Don't tell me our own will be different, how? If we push this thing as idiots and unintelligent people, Nigeria will make us suffer like never before.

They will stop salaries and pensions coming to East Nigeria like Ukraine did to their East. They will put economic blockade on the East that you can't even ship your produces out nor bring importation in. They can make the life of the Eastern region living hell.

It takes a man who think with his head rather than his heart to know all these. It takes a person who employ reasoning rather than emotions to look for precedents. I still maintain that for things to run it course in accordance with international law only the elites and the intelligentsia can move it forward and engage Nigeria in meaningful discussion.

If Biafra will ever become an acceptable republic in the world and enjoy all the privileges as a sovereign nation, only Nigeria will grant her independence from the federation like the Ethiopia did to Eritrea, like Sudan did to South Sudan , like Serbia did to Montenegro.

Lets use common sense people. Emotions only let the odds happen.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by favourmic(m): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2017
L
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by gsmphoneseller: 7:38am On Jul 12, 2017
Afonjas again?

@op, I guess BIAFRA gave you a sleepless night? Kpele ooo

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by Horlufemi(m): 7:41am On Jul 12, 2017
It's it your agitation?
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by Horlufemi(m): 7:41am On Jul 12, 2017
gsmphoneseller:
Afonjas again?

Don't mind the idiot Biafra or death.
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by yazach: 7:42am On Jul 12, 2017
gsmphoneseller:
Afonjas again?

Not at all, infant I want biafra to go especially if they can go back to Israel
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 12, 2017
yazach:
[s]An Open Letter to Nnamdi Kanu

I saw this on social media and I think it worth sharing because of the benefits in the article especially for biafra agitators

Listen brother KANU , I understand the frustration. I wish things can work that way. But everything that happens in the world has a precedent and there is something called international law. That's where the elites and intelligentsia are important for the struggle.

John Garange was elite of the South Sudan he was instrumental to the peace talk that led to independence of South Sudan. After he died in a plane crash, Silva Kiir, his lieutenant, who was also another elite, took over and led the country to Independence.

Our people should be very careful so that they do not shoot themselves in the foot. Things do not happen by emotions. The international law does not recognize emotions.

First and foremost Nigeria is an independent sovereign state, a member state of the UN, AU, Commonwealth of Nations and Ecowas. She has diplomatic relations with over 100 countries in the world. Her sovereignty is respected and protected under the UN law, it means that until she decides by herself to partitioned herself, no country in the world will recognize any part of Nigeria that forced itself out of Nigeria.

A country is a country when it is recognized by other countries as a sovereign state recognized by the UN and member states.

I give you an example of what will happen when the elite of Igboland do not engage Nigeria in discussions about self determination. By the way the 1999 constitution does not have any provisions for self determination of any part of the federation like the US or U.K. Constitution, for a debate or discussion to happen about letting a part to go the constitution which is the supreme law of the law must be amended or changed.

This is what will happen if you fail to act within the international law framework. You will become like entities such as Northern Cyprus which broke away from the south in 1974 with the support of Turkish Army; which after 42 years, no country in the world other than Turkey recognized.

The north Cyprus does not do business with any country in the world, they do not have international passport recognized by any country in the world, their citizens are given Turkish citizenship so that they can travel out. Their money is not recognized by world bank and they cannot trade with the outside world. But they have been existing on their own for 42 years now. Currently they are agitating for reunification with the South which is called Greek Cyprus.

This is a precedent to look at. Somaliland was colonized by Britain while Somalia was colonized by Italy. After independence, Somaliland willingly join their Somali brothers to become the republic of Somalia. When civil war broke out in Somalia about 25 years ago, Somaliland which was very peaceful and functioning, withdrew from the Somalia republic.

25 years after, even though Somalia is a failed state and Somaliland has been having peaceful democratic elections and functioning like a state, no country in the would recognized Somaliland as a country. Her citizens are still called Somali and can only travel outside with Republic of Somalia passport.

Somaliland is living on international aid because it cannot do business with any country in the world. Their money cannot exchange for international currencies because it's not recognized by world bank and IMF. This is a precedent in our own Africa.

The two breakaway regions of Georgia known as South Ossetia and Abkhazia are recognized only by Russia more than 10 years after they broke away from Republic of Georgia with Russian support. Till this day only Russia recognized them as a sovereign entity. No one does business with them. In order for them to travel out they took Russian citizenship and obtain Russian passports. But by international law they are still Georgians.

Ukraine conflict is still on till this day. The East broke out of the Ukraine with the help of Russia military. The war is still on. Even though for 3 years the Ukrainian government is not in control of those regions. No country in the world recognized those regions as independent or sovereign states. They are still using Ukrainian currency, Ukrainian passport and the territory is still know as Ukraine.

These are precedents. Don't tell me our own will be different, how? If we push this thing as idiots and unintelligent people, Nigeria will make us suffer like never before.

They will stop salaries and pensions coming to East Nigeria like Ukraine did to their East. They will put economic blockade on the East that you can't even ship your produces out nor bring importation in. They can make the life of the Eastern region living hell.

It takes a man who think with his head rather than his heart to know all these. It takes a person who employ reasoning rather than emotions to look for precedents. I still maintain that for things to run it course in accordance with international law only the elites and the intelligentsia can move it forward and engage Nigeria in meaningful discussion.

If Biafra will ever become an acceptable republic in the world and enjoy all the privileges as a sovereign nation, only Nigeria will grant her independence from the federation like the Ethiopia did to Eritrea, like Sudan did to South Sudan , like Serbia did to Montenegro.

Lets use common sense people. Emotions only let the odds happen[/s].

The problem with shameless people that write piece like this is they think Biafraans are like ordinary black people. The world said the same thing about Israel in 1948,...this and that, you will be marginalized, you will be isolated, you will be surrounded by Arab nations and will be massacred again like Hitler, bla bla, nonsense, today Israel is the most powerful country in the world; control all the banking systems in the world, control pharmaceuticals, control Hollywood, control research and medicine, control media and cyberworld, control sports, control lobbying groups, control world intelligence services, control jewelry (named after jews), they own Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Ebay, Paypal, Google, Youtube, Yahoo, Myspace, Wikipdia, and run World Bank, IMF, Federal Reserve, the list is endless. These are the people that the world were saying they will be marginalized and Isolated, are today controlling the world...LOL. What an Irony!

My point is all men are not created equal. When you want to draw comparisons of Biafraans, use Israel, as these people and Biafraans are go-getter and dominating people by nature...it's in their blood. Stop comparing Biafra with South Sudan, Northern Cyprus, e.t.c. If you want to compare a people or nation with South Sudan, you can use Oduo Republic or Arewa as an example, then you you are making sense.

So start getting use to this as Biafraans will not only successfully get their independence, but will also control your life. Everything you need to survive will come from them as it's in Nigeria today...the Igbos control every means of your livelihood directly or indirectly.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by galadima77(m): 7:45am On Jul 12, 2017
It's not KANU that's the problem. It's the one independent minds that believe everything and worship his ideas.
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by wristbangle: 7:48am On Jul 12, 2017
gsmphoneseller:
Afonjas again?

Seems an afonja masquerade gave u a sleepless night.

Engage the OP with superior argument instead of being unnecessarily emotional.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 12, 2017
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 12, 2017
i am sure you spent the night masturbating over Biafra issues grin grin

yazach:
An Open Letter to Nnamdi Kanu

Lets use common sense people. Emotions only let the odds happen.

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2017
wristbangle:

Seems an afonja masquerade gave u a sleepless night.

Engage the OP with superior argument instead of being unnecessarily emotional.
Only hardcore Zoogerians always equate referendum/restructuring with war.

Hardcore Zoogerians will prefer to spend money on arms and ammunition, rather than spend money fixing schools, hospitals, roads, bridges, airports, etc etc.
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by yazach: 8:31am On Jul 12, 2017
quid:
i am sure you spent the night masturbating over Biafra issues grin grin

No you got missed it, I hate masturbation
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by yazach: 8:33am On Jul 12, 2017
[s]
sean1000x:

The problem with shameless people that write piece like this is they think Biafraans are like ordinary black people. The world said the same thing about Israel in 1948,...this and that, you will be marginalized, you will be isolated, you will be surrounded by Arab nations and will be massacred again like Hitler, bla bla, nonsense, today Israel is the most powerful country in the world; control all the banking systems in the world, control pharmaceuticals, control Hollywood, control research and medicine, control media and cyberworld, control sports, control lobbying groups, control world intelligence services, control jewelry (named after jews), they own Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Ebay, Paypal, Google, Youtube, Yahoo, Myspace, Wikipdia, and run World Bank, IMF, Federal Reserve, the list is endless. These are the people that the world were saying they will be marginalized and Isolated, are today controlling the world...LOL. What an Irony!

My point is all men are not created equal. When you want to draw comparisons of Biafraans, use Israel, as these people and Biafraans are go-getter and dominating people by nature...it's in their blood. Stop comparing Biafra with South Sudan, Northern Cyprus, e.t.c. If you want to compare a people or nation with South Sudan, you can use Oduo Republic or Arewa as an example, then you you are making sense.

So start getting use to this as Biafraans will not only successfully get their independence, but will also control your life. Everything you need to survive will come from them as it's in Nigeria today...the Igbos control every means of your livelihood directly or indirectly.
[/s]
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2017
yazach:

No you got missed it, I hate masturbation
But you love masturbating over Biafra topics

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by yazach: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2017
quid:

But you love masturbating over Biafra topics

We you kip kwayet!!! OK kwontinue
Re: An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2017
yazach:

We you kip kwayet!!! OK kwontinue
Your point being ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING! Former Bayelsa Governor Escapes Assassination Attempt, Hospitalized / Court Declines To Stop PDP Convention / Yoruba Is No Coward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.