Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise (1697 Views)

This Is What A Nigerian Visa Looks Like (PHOTO) / First-time Trip To UK With UK Passport: Please Advise! / South African Woman Celebrates Her Nigerian Visa, Dances To Davido's "IF" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by Goldenboy007(m): 10:34am On Jul 12, 2017
I read a topic posted here in 2011 on the problem of renewing your Nigerian Passport in US. It is funny that 6 years later the problem is still there.
I started filling the innovate1 form online and when i clicked submit the site went offline. - trying to get a new E-passport (cos no renewal for expired Nigerian Epassport) and it has become Jamb.

One - I hate the option of having to travel to DC or Atlanta or New York to get a Passport. Also the consulate will take forever to pick calls (if you are lucky enough), There is red letter warning on paying with credit card vs money order. I also dont know if the passport scarcity still exist or affects those processing from outside the country.Why is there so much trouble doing something as simply as getting a Passport of where you were born.

Now the adviser needs advice oo...

Is it easier to try to get a Nigerian Visa on the US passport or should I still continue to attempt to get the Nigerian Passport. Also which is time efficient - I need it to be out before last week in August.

Muchos gracias!
Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by amattahcj(m): 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
@Goldenboy007, I am exactly in your shoe right now. My passport will expire in September and I need to fly to USA from a neighboring country to renew my passport. I work from Monday to Friday, now I need to ask for 2 days permission to accomplish this task after I might have done my application online.

I need a direction/advise.
Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by amattahcj(m): 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Goldenboy007:
I read a topic posted here in 2011 on the problem of renewing your Nigerian Passport in US. It is funny that 6 years later the problem is still there.
I started filling the innovate1 form online and when i clicked submit the site went offline. - trying to get a new E-passport (cos no renewal for expired Nigerian Epassport) and it has become Jamb.

One - I hate the option of having to travel to DC or Atlanta or New York to get a Passport. Also the consulate will take forever to pick calls (if you are lucky enough), There is red letter warning on paying with credit card vs money order. I also dont know if the passport scarcity still exist or affects those processing from outside the country.Why is there so much trouble doing something as simply as getting a Passport of where you were born.

Is it easier to try to get a Nigerian Visa on the US passport or should I still continue to attempt to get the Nigerian Passport. Also which is time efficient - I need it to be out before last week in August.

Muchos gracias!

Na muchas gracias. Hablas espanol?
Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by Goldenboy007(m): 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
amattahcj:

No yo no hablo español Lo que escribí es el único español que conozco. cheesy grin

That's the only Spanish I know ..loool.
Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by benpedro(m): 6:14am On Jul 19, 2017
Goldenboy007:

No yo no hablo español Lo que escribí es el único español que conozco. cheesy grin

That's the only Spanish I know ..loool.
jaja muy bien español.
Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by Jakumo(m): 7:04am On Jul 19, 2017
Goldenboy007:

Muchos gracias!

Pay the requisite cash bribe to secure a Nigerian visitor's visa in your US passport, then once you are in Nigeria, pay the requisite bribe to obtain a new passport, which will be accomplished FAR quicker and CHEAPER than if you try to obtain a new passport outside the USA.

That'll be ten dollars for the free advice.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by Thisnut(m): 3:51am On Jul 21, 2017
Goldenboy007:

Muchos gracias!
you have 3 options.

1. Use the emergency travelers certificate (ETC).
This would cost you around 150USD. With this you can travel with your expired Nigerian passport into Nigeria, but you must possess a valid Nigerian passport to fly out.

2. Renew your passport in the U.S. with this you are on a safer side, because you will still need a passport regardless and getting a Nigerian passport at the Nigerian immigration in Nigeria takes up to 14days to over a month. Not sure how much it will cost you in the states, but around 26-32k naira in Nigeria.

3. Apply for a Nigerian passport on your U.S. passport. 180USD for online application and additional 90USD for processing fee. The visa is a 30day visa and good for 90days before traveling. If you know you're Not going back to Nigeria for another 5 yrs, then you don't really need to get your passport renewed. This is also good when you land at the MMIA, you just stay on the short line for foreigners.
Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by Goldenboy007(m): 11:46am On Jul 21, 2017
Thisnut:
you have 3 options.

1. Use the emergency travelers certificate (ETC).
This would cost you around 150USD. With this you can travel with your expired Nigerian passport into Nigeria, but you must possess a valid Nigerian passport to fly out.

2. Renew your passport in the U.S. with this you are on a safer side, because you will still need a passport regardless and getting a Nigerian passport at the Nigerian immigration in Nigeria takes up to 14days to over a month. Not sure how much it will cost you in the states, but around 26-32k naira in Nigeria.

3. Apply for a Nigerian passport on your U.S. passport. 180USD for online application and additional 90USD for processing fee. The visa is a 30day visa and good for 90days before traveling. If you know you're Not going back to Nigeria for another 5 yrs, then you don't really need to get your passport renewed. This is also good when you land at the MMIA, you just stay on the short line for foreigners.

Awesome ! Thanks so much bro !!!! I reached out to the Consulate in New York and they said booklets are not immediately available due to technical difficulties or probably it may take longer to get. I don't have that kind of time. The Visa would be my only alternative. Sad I would be using a visa to enter my fatherland.
Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by Goldenboy007(m): 11:46am On Jul 21, 2017
Jakumo:

Pay the requisite cash bribe to secure a Nigerian visitor's visa in your US passport, then once you are in Nigeria, pay the requisite bribe to obtain a new passport, which will be accomplished FAR quicker and CHEAPER than if you try to obtain a new passport outside the USA.

That'll be ten dollars for the free advice.

Thanks bro ! Send me your ATM and pin let me transfer the money. Lol.
Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by uptimidst(m): 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2018
I was double charged for passport renewal $178 last year. My money wasn’t refunded
Re: Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise by myright: 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
amattahcj:

Mr Chuks, nwanne ekele m gi. I need to ask you information about Mexico. How can I contact you privately?

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Home-based Nigerians Secretly Wish Coronavirus On Those Abroad / Children Having Different Surname From Their Mother / Settling In Germany Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.