Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Passing Out Palava Pt. 1 - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Passing Out Palava Pt. 1 (482 Views)

The Best Passing Out Parade, The Corpers Killed It! (Photos, Video) / Godspower Asuquo: Corper Celebrates With Mother At The Market After Passing Out / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Passing Out Palava Pt. 1 by ceejayjason: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2017
After arguing and fighting with people for many years now, I can proudly say, and without regret that I love to sleep. The rigorous and unorganized schedule of camp didn't change that. It didn't matter to me if I had to skip parade - skipping parade sounds rather permissive, the right word being "duck" parade. I strategically hung my mosquito net and covered myself in my blanket in a way that my roommates had a hard time telling if I was on my bed, except of course for my bunkie who always complained of how much I shook the bunk, which I blamed on the age of the bunk, when in fact it was an indices of how much I was enjoying my sleep - talk more of soldiers who came into rooms to chase us out.

On the last day in camp, my bunkie, thinking he was doing me a favour woke me up by 3am!

"3am?! Common! You should've given me an hour more"
was my thought, but my consolation was "It is the last day".

The day all the fears that lingered in my mind when I ditch parade for an extra sleep would end; the fear of the officer in-charge of meditation calling my number randomly on the parade ground to recap what the speaker had spoken about, the fear of missing the platoon attendance ( not that it was useful), and most of all, the fear of getting caught sleeping on my bed while everyone was out for parade by a soldier.

Quickly, I got off the bed, had my bath and finished the packing I started the previous day.

It was 3:30am, I rushed to return my mattress, only to be welcomed by a long queue of people with their mattresses.

"By 3:30? Ahn ahn! Una nor sleep?", were the words that rushed out of my mouth, but being a UNIBEN alumnus, I was behind the first two persons in no time.

Waiting for the official-in-charge of collecting the mattresses and giving clearance was the next delay. I finally got clearance by 6am, two plus hours of waiting and struggling, which caused a good tear on my trouser (You know how fake that Khaki is).

Subsequently, and without hesitation, I hurried to the tailor stand with hopes to meet someone that early who could sew my trouser. The number of tailors I met amazed me, seeing it was the last day of camp.

Most people should have mended their clothes by now, while those that didn't, may have resolved to wear them like that, but here were a multitude of willing tailors. if I didn't know better, i'd say they bribed the official-in-charge of collecting the mattresses and giving clearance, to make the process a struggle contest so that as many corpers' Khaki would tear.

After fixing my Khaki at a rather ridiculous amount, I proceeded to the parade ground.

To continue reading click on the link below.

http://corpers-lodge..com.ng/2017/07/passing-out-palava-pt-1.html

(1) (Reply)

Lols...but It's Not Funny O / The Call Up Letter Is A New Trending Book . Visit Www.callupletter.com.ng To Ca / How Labour Market And Bills Calls You After Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.