Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church (706 Views)

300 Workers Resign From Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Church / Daddy Freeze Criticizes Billboard Of House On The Rock Church (Photos) / House On The Rock Church In Abuja Is On Fire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church by DonConte: 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
Culled from Nairabrains

There are two kinds of churches; the one your parents force you to attend and the one you choose for yourself.

I spoke to a few millennials who proved to me that House On The Rock (HOTR) falls under the second category. Here is why.

1. The preaching style is very relatable: I spoke with a lot of people and they all agreed one thing, the sermons are good. According to my numerous sources, Pastor Paul Adefarasin, the founder, has a style that works for young people.

Unlike other churches, where the preaching is lifted directly from the Bible, the HOTR founder finds a way to use politics, economics, everyday stuff to explain the Word. One person said, “the preaching is every deep, yet relatable.” Another said, “he is so real, and his preaching shows that he understands the challenges people face.“

2. The ambience is amazing: According to my colleagues, the atmosphere is spiritually elevating. The beautiful setting combined with the lighting is so cool that it entices the hearts of the worshipper. One person said, “The atmosphere is so uplifting, it makes it easy to appreciate the sermon.“

3. Urban culture: There are a lot of fashionable people in this church and this attracts the young people. One person says one reason he attends this church is to check out the fashion.

4. Praise and worship session is very cool: According to my sources, the praise and worship sessions are very good. They are captivating without necessarily being lengthy.

5. No discrimination: Reportedly, the fact that there are a lot of wealthy worshippers makes no difference with the seating. Anyone can sit anywhere without feeling less than the other. This goes with the church’s tagline, ‘home for all.’

Full List: https://nairabrains.com/2017/06/7-reasons-young-people-love-popular-house-rock-church/
Re: 7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church by rozayx5(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
I agree with number 5

Its my. Church anytime any day when am in lag
Re: 7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church by Ncsamuel(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dude christainity is now 'comfortable' very soon it will be not comfortable enough. Do you know that in the UK, only 1 in 6 teenagers go to church! And they are mostly of african descent
Re: 7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church by judedwriter(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
Its an amazing church! The best I've been to in nigeria...kudos 2 pastor paul and not giving up on his vision.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
young people love house on the rock, cause its a glitter kind of Christianity, urban,etc

all that glitter is not gold, Christ never promised anyone easy, easy Christianity, instead he beckon everyone to carry their cross n follow him.

major reason Christ stated it would be difficult for a man to make heaven.

simply put 21st century youths are spiritually lazy.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church by Fabre2: 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
itz so unfortunate that Church has become a business ,Jesus taught in the wilderness and yet pple made heaven so wats so speshal if it does not allow u 2 make heaven

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church by Lordgel: 11:58pm On Jul 13, 2017
chalantmike:
young people love house on the rock, cause its a glitter kind of Christianity, urban,etc

all that glitter is not gold, Christ never promised anyone easy, easy Christianity, instead he beckon everyone to carry their cross n follow him.

major reason Christ stated it would be difficult for a man to make heaven.

simply put 21st century youths are spiritually lazy.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Young People Love The Popular House On The Rock Church by ikorodureporta: 6:43am On Jul 14, 2017
Is it a church or lodge?? Morraphucckin cultists

(1) (Reply)

Bible Verses Against Demonic Attacks / How Do We Understand God - Question For The Christians / Anglican Primate, Okoh Speaks On Tithe Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.