Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC (50133 Views)

Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / JSS3 Junior WAEC Timetable 2017 Is Out [PDF] / Literature In English Approved Books For Jss 3 Junior Waec 2017 (in Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Erhun10z: 9:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Some Mumu People Are Just Shouting Islamization.. Are Muslims The Ones Setting CRS Questions As For Me, There Is Nothing Wrong With Those Questions..
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by monex(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2017
BetaThings:

So you are confirming that it was unfair that on my first day in a public school I heard people singing on the Assembly from SOP and had to buy CRK
And CAN never ever condemned it in the spirit of fairness, equity and justice!

yes na. it is wrong. if the school is a missionary school then it is clear and one should not go.

now you are getting me. i am not holding brief for christians. i wish this was a christian question in IRK and i made this point so you would understand where i am coming from.

let me help your above point. even in some secular offices, they start meetings with christian prayers.
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by excel001(m): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2017
A normal and devoted Christian believes that the Bible is the only holy book and same with Moslems and Qur'an. so what is the impression they are trying to create in this young minds?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by gentleedu(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2017
hakeem4shi:
You are the bullshit. Read before you comment! It is state exam for God sake! Receive sense

Lols... chai E pain am oooo

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by freshinko: 9:46am On Jul 13, 2017
OP..no knowledge is a waste. Your child will look like a nonentity, if he or she doesn't know his or her left and right.
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by oglalasioux(m): 9:50am On Jul 13, 2017
Why all these noise about Islam? What I learnt in primary school in the late 80s was Religious Knowledge. We were taught so many things about Islam and it was good. No one forced me into Islam for it.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by RafBaba: 9:53am On Jul 13, 2017
Mumu Post!!!
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by dominique(f): 9:53am On Jul 13, 2017
zicoraads:
You cannot say anything here if you don't know what is contained in the syllabus. I have corrected and vetted questions that were to be written by Muslim students of a purely Islamic school. The subject was World History. And the questions contained a lot of questions on Jesus Christ and Christianity. I asked or the syllabus and saw they actually did some work on Christianity. This is a purely Islamic school through and through.

In my church, before being baptized, we spend two years in a catchesim class. We learn about major religions, including Islam. For you to be baptized, you must have a basic knowledge of Islam and other religions as well.

This is normal. Let's stop acting like cavemen and actually read up.

Thank you o! In the CRK I did in secondary school, the very first topic we did was introduction to religions where we scratched the surface on Christianity, Islam and traditional religions. The junior waec exams cover everything in the school syllabus from JSS1-3. Some people will just be creating unnecessary panic and ethno-religious tensions. How will this country ever progress?

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2017
I just don't know what's wrong with us as humans sometimes, this religion was brought upon us by the white men and here we are today accepting it deep into our brain that we can't reason without the effect of religion manifesting in our thought . As a Muslim I went to Ibadan grammar school and everyday we always sing SOP (song of praise) and we always sing majorly Christian songs , should I say they are trying to christanize me.

Sometimes Government need to regulate this social media of a thing, the disadvantage is getting more than advantage these days . Because it is mostly used to preach the message of hate be it either religion or tribalism
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by dominique(f): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2017
BetaThings:

The first English translation of the Qur'an was done by a Christian!
Like you mentioned, based on question 47, the examiner is trying to islamise and oduanise Nigeria at the same time

I went to a public school in the SW, there was no mention of IRK, All of us learnt CRK and as a Muslim I had to buy Bible and Songs of Praise
I sang from SOP every morning

Immortal, Invisible God Only Wise ......
Rock of Ages Cleft for Me........
Thine for Ever God of Love..........
etc

Same here, we were all made to do CRK even though it was a government school. Nobody made noise. Our assembly were conducted using Christian prayers except on Fridays (Wednesdays were later included), nobody was crying about Christianization o. The CRK I did in JSS1 spoke about Islam and traditional religions, so why shouldn't they set questions from the topic? Shame on whoever wants to create this type of tension.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by leemonster(m): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2017
Are you kidding me? No biggie? Well you don't know what CRS is. Does it sound like Islam?

Dem for kukuma write sey Jesus is not the son of God as Islam already claim which is contrary to the bible. [/quote]
hear urself oOo, what will God do with a son, or do u mean there is similarity between man and god??

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Adeoba10(m): 10:04am On Jul 13, 2017
RockyEyo:

"The thing that will kill a man begins like an appetite" So we see two or more questions creep into CRK (just after we heard they removed said subject from school and later returned it with a change of name) that shouldn't be there and we dismiss it with a wave of hand and expect that things will be set right (by who?) (scriptures say "a little leaven leavens the whole lump Gal 5:9) let all things be done decently and in order", let us shout now before our children become products of a neutral mind that will say there's no God, Gay marriage is right, we are part of evolution etc. It's only typical of Nigerian (Africa at large) to keep waving it off until it becomes a serious issue. @ Op thanks for the heads up note is taken and we as citizens will shout until the needful is done. such questions should be left for general studies nah abi?? Haaa Oga o
I am the one who liked ur comment, just to acknowledge the rubbish you wrote up there.... Don't feel neglected bro..
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by bereto(m): 10:05am On Jul 13, 2017
StakerLives:
Christian Religious studies

get the message and dont confuse us here
you highlighted religious and left Christian and you say no big deal. they both go together

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by olajide21: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2017
dfrost:
grin cheesy

Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet. Some things can be allowed to slide. There is already too much problems to be battled with in life. Let's not add another one to it.

I have an Islamic acquaintance who owns a Bible and reads it. I have privileged to look down some things in the Koran. Does that make me a Muslim? No. I can recite the initials alphabets (alif baa taa...). Does that make me a Muslim? No.

Unlike like you, most christaians have a myopic idea of how to understand Islam. Most Muslims have at one time in their lifes read and study the bible. I went to a Christian own primary and secondary school. During this period, i had bibles and forced to attend masses. Alhamdullilah, i understood christianity, i respect their space but i am a Muslim.

Ever wonder why there are so many scholars of Islam who pride themselves as comparative religious scholars? These are the scholars who have studied the bible and ready to debate/discuss Islam and christianity at anytime? Thats because, the best way to understand the mind of your friends/ enemy is by studying them.

Hardly is there are christian leader who have any kind of knowledge of islam. The little thing that most christian know about islam are perverted relay they get from the media. LEARN ABOUT ISLAM AND YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THE MIND OF MUSLIMS AND POSSIBLE APPRECIATE YOUR STANCE AS A BELIEVER.

Islam and Christianity has so much in common than most christian can imagine. We should gey closer and appreciate ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by baysol: 10:08am On Jul 13, 2017
BetaThings:

But you ignored this

I disagree totally with you and other proponents of mixed religion water and oil are not the same and will naturally not mix why mix what is totally not the same Jesus Christ and Mohamed are not the same and are not in any way a parallel. Mine is let everyone do his or her own religion according to their own convictions. The religious understanding and tolerance must be taught in subjects like social studies to ensure our inexperienced youth do not get indoctrinated with confusion. Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by baysol: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2017
BetaThings:

But you ignored this

I disagree totally with you and other proponents of mixed religion, water and oil are not the same and will naturally not mix why mix what is totally not the same Jesus Christ and Mohamed are not the same and are not in any way a parallel. Mine is let everyone do his or her own religion according to their own convictions. The religious understanding and tolerance must be taught in subjects like social studies to ensure our inexperienced youth do not get indoctrinated with confusion. Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by lepasharon(f): 10:09am On Jul 13, 2017
It's not that deep
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by RockyEyo(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2017
Adeoba10:

I am the one who liked ur comment, just to acknowledge the rubbish you wrote up there.... Don't feel neglected bro..

Tankchu for the love shown, never felt alone at any point in time anyway............. I stand by what I said cause we've got an obligation towards our children and what the are being taught especially at their formative age as thats what ultimately molds them up. God forbid one day my baby comes home to tell me he/she wants to become an atheist, abi gay......... ( I have a feeling u r a Muslim, I work with one here in my office thats of a like opinion like urs, yet when I play my gospel songs on my system or phone it becomes............. ) No hard feelings bro just taking care of my own wink
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by bonnyhope: 10:19am On Jul 13, 2017
wot r u tryin to point out i dont know some pple sef
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by signeddocuments: 10:20am On Jul 13, 2017
there is no big problem about this so far the questions are set by Christian examiners in a Christianity-dominated state.
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Sodijan(m): 10:20am On Jul 13, 2017
To say fact, dat two questions was matched wit CRS since it was called religious studies . What of d above question dat said '' God in Yoruba language is called......... , Is Akwa-Ibom a Yoruba state ? Or are dey speaking or understand Yoruba language in Uyo ?
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by baysol: 10:23am On Jul 13, 2017
lepasharon:
It's not that deep

Another watering down that we just spoke about. If you are conversant with your Bible if you are Christian. These are the nonchalance that earned them the wrath of God on many occasions and lives were lost among the recalcitrant Israelites. Remember that this are not mere stories but realities of the past.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by ivolt: 10:24am On Jul 13, 2017
What is the benefit of teaching useless Jewish and Arab myths to pupils ?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by mu2sa2: 10:26am On Jul 13, 2017
dfrost:
grin cheesy

Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet. Some things can be allowed to slide. There is already too much problems to be battled with in life. Let's not add another one to it.

I have an Islamic acquaintance who owns a Bible and reads it. I have privileged to look down some things in the Koran. Does that make me a Muslim? No. I can recite the initials alphabets (alif baa taa...). Does that make me a Muslim? No.
Bros, you are different because you are educated and enlightened. As far as i'm concerned no knowledge is useless.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by ivolt: 10:26am On Jul 13, 2017
mgbadike81:
the op is making sense, would anybody dare to set similar Christian based questions in an Islamic religious examination state examination, those that set this examination are negligent of their duties, it's crs not civic or social studies, and i sincerely wonder if all these compulsory study of religion in our schools is really meaningful and reproductive.

At the bold, religious studies is pretty useless,
it neither mould characters nor inspire creativity.
Sunday schools and Madrassas already covers the syllabus.
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by BetaThings: 10:31am On Jul 13, 2017
dominique:

Same here, we were all made to do CRK even though it was a government school. Nobody made noise. Our assembly were conducted using Christian prayers except on Fridays (Wednesdays were later included), nobody was crying about Christianization o. The CRK I did in JSS1 spoke about Islam and traditional religions, so why shouldn't they set questions from the topic? Shame on whoever wants to create this type of tension.

You are luckier
Islam was COMPLETELY absent in the public school I attended, no day was left out
Everything was done like in a missionary school
We regularly had Christmas Carol in addition to studying only CRK and buying SOP

They taught us how eat with the left hand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Rapture4real(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2017
If it is Christian Religious Studies,it's okay different from biblical studies.It's to expound their knowledge not necessarily to make them a Muslim. I did my Christian Religious Studies in U.I and my degree essay is a comparative study of The Lords Prayer in the Bible and Alfatiha in Quran.The issue is the word Religious. It is different if it is a mere Christian Knowledge
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Koolking(m): 10:36am On Jul 13, 2017
zicoraads:
You cannot say anything here if you don't know what is contained in the syllabus. I have corrected and vetted questions that were to be written by Muslim students of a purely Islamic school. The subject was World History. And the questions contained a lot of questions on Jesus Christ and Christianity. I asked or the syllabus and saw they actually did some work on Christianity. This is a purely Islamic school through and through.

In my church, before being baptized, we spend two years in a catchesim class. We learn about major religions, including Islam. For you to be baptized, you must have a basic knowledge of Islam and other religions as well.

This is normal. Let's stop acting like cavemen and actually read up.

Well said Sir. You are smart and intelligent. Nigerians are just too difficult to manage. They employ sentiment, partisan and ill-feelings in everything normal, everything opposed to their personal believes against national interest.

Since time immemorial, religious studies dig into other religions and cultures in order to fortify the students with information, history and faith. In my days (80s & 90s) of studying Christians Religion in School, even in Church, we were exposed to other religions and practices. We wrote exams about other religions. These were common place. I wonder why Nigerians make mountain out of molehill for a necessary national issue?
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by bkool7(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2017
mgbadike81:
the op is making sense, would anybody dare to set similar Christian based questions in an Islamic religious examination state examination, those that set this examination are negligent of their duties, it's crs not civic or social studies, and i sincerely wonder if all these compulsory study of religion in our schools is really meaningful and reproductive.

Christianity is more accomodating than Islam .
Thats why thé religion is easy to embracè .
Thé question doesnt change thé faith
You sound like one of those CAN people thats supported Gej , always looking for issues where theres none
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2017
When religious matters like this sets in, folks become King Kongs. That's when you get to know how bigorty Nigerians really are. While some have put up intelligent arguments, some won't just quit being a bigot as though it's gonna add any value to his life.

Some are speechless cos it happened in Akwa Ibom. They would have sprayed fire if it was elsewhere. Nigerians still have a long way to go. The physical love they show is cosmetic and their true self is unleashed on threads like this.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by emenezer(m): 10:46am On Jul 13, 2017
Take this anywhere, this is absolutely wrong,it's so wrong.simply because u can never find this in the Islamic religious question paper.those behind this should be sacked. This is Nigeria where things are turned upside down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Grasses Outgrows University Of Calabar Due To Lockdown(photos) / Niger Delta University 2012/2013 Admission List Continues! / Esther Adaobi Azom Gets Car From Ooni Of Ife As Best Graduating Medical Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.