Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,366 members, 7,843,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC (50061 Views)

Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / JSS3 Junior WAEC Timetable 2017 Is Out [PDF] / Literature In English Approved Books For Jss 3 Junior Waec 2017 (in Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by zicoraads: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2017
SplendidE:
These guys are shoving Islam down our throats, is it by force?
It's normal. Read up!
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by segebobo: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2017
It's not good to be so narrow minded. That you offer CRS does not mean you shouldn't have some knowledge of IRS.
An educated student is supposed to be well-rounded or holistic in acquisition of knowledge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by omoadeleye(m): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2017
St"upid school. Nd nonsense
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Onyinye15(f): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2017
Not nice

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by monex(m): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2017
domesifa:
Reputable and international examining bodies such as WAEC, JAMB and NECO have never, overtly or surreptitiously attempted to meddle questions from outside the curriculum of a subject, especially, subjects that are related to belief systems. We should call into question the competence and credibility of the examiners. From whatever point of view, the said questions, methinks are incongruous, and the examiners, inept. QED

i totally agree. Belief systems are sensitive and should be restricted to the subject which focuses on the belief

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by abkrgumel(m): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2017
I see nothing unpleasant in the question
.... Book a space...
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2017
It teaches you the difference between Islam and Christianity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2017
SporaD8:

The examiner as well as the education minister are seriously confused! Their Islamization agenda would surely fail.
Imagine someone setting "Jesus Christ is the Son of (God)" in IRS and watch as the country boils with riot.

You have a point .

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Itsteewhy: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2017
This is wrong educationally.

Islamic questions has no business in crk exams.

Can that be replicated in IRK exam?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Gourdoinc(m): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2017
I don't see anything wrong here. alot of students would have claimed Islam was created by Nathan or it's holy book is called a hymn book. just try and go through the marked scripts and see what Nigerian students are capable of. education Must be holistic and cuts across all divides. so no biggie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by donprincebigt(m): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2017
no question to add again. d guy den added questions dat an average Christian could answer correctly.
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Terminator1234g: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2017
Pls what the hell is wrong with it. It is called enlightenment and if they had also taught you people that are complaining a little about other religions in your society you won't be so hateful and discriminativ. In my primary school the taught us about both religions under the same subject. It is as if tho complaining about igbos learning youruba. The person that brought this topic is a hateful being that should be ashamed of him or her self. Pls don't teach the little children hate.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Lanretoye(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2017
I think because it is crs does not mean students should be alien to other religion...we shouldn't be totally misguided.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by omobabalawo: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by lonelydora: 8:29am On Jul 13, 2017
mike4zeal:
Na wa oo, sometimes I sit down and wonder why do we do dis. What is d big deal here? is there anytin wrong with knowing about other religion. I tired for u ooooo cool

Everything is wrong. It is called "CHRISTIAN religious knowledge"

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by rman: 8:30am On Jul 13, 2017
I think the Islamization talk is now becoming pathetic.

The school is meant to educate and studying CRK does not mean you should not know anything about Islam.

If you chase the two religion far back in history, they both have the same roots and converge to one family, Abraham.

This I see as much ado about nothing.

How will someone Islamize 80 million Christians sef?

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Housing(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2017
The Exam was set and conducted by Akwa Ibom State Education Board. Akwa Ibom is a Christian dominated State. So issue of Islamisation shouldn't arise.

Again questions from traditional religion were there but the Op chose to pick on Islam for sensationalism.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by fuke(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2017
No big deal here.
These are simple things any student should know.
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by monex(m): 8:33am On Jul 13, 2017
zicoraads:
You cannot say anything here if you don't know what is contained in the syllabus. I have corrected and vetted questions that were to be written by Muslim students of a purely Islamic school. The subject was World History. And the questions contained a lot of questions on Jesus Christ and Christianity. I asked or the syllabus and saw they actually did some work on Christianity. This is a purely Islamic school through and through.

In my church, before being baptized, we spend two years in a catchesim class. We learn about major religions, including Islam. For you to be baptized, you must have a basic knowledge of Islam and other religions as well.

This is normal. Let's stop acting like cavemen and actually read up.
the bolded is the difference
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by BetaThings: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Adeoba10:
You should try and see the scheme of work and syllabus before saying trash... Dont you see question numb. 47? They will be shouting Islamization, despite the fact that the question paper was from Akwa Ibom state, i don't know maybe someone will carry gun and force Pa, Adeboye to mosque or Oyedepo to Asalatu. Useless set of hypocrite

The first English translation of the Qur'an was done by a Christian!
Like you mentioned, based on question 47, the examiner is trying to islamise and oduanise Nigeria at the same time

I went to a public school in the SW, there was no mention of IRK, All of us learnt CRK and as a Muslim I had to buy Bible and Songs of Praise
I sang from SOP every morning

Immortal, Invisible God Only Wise ......
Rock of Ages Cleft for Me........
Thine for Ever God of Love..........
etc

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Angelb4: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by gotnel: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Not too bad a question. Just because we are too sensitive to religion of one another
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by jiddodo: 8:35am On Jul 13, 2017
UniqueMB:
I don't see any biggie here. The fact that it's CRS doesn't mean students should be oblivious to other people's religions.

Exactly. The OP is confused. He didn't complain on question 3 and 47. It is only wen Islam is mentioned that he would have talk. After all students are taught to knw that other religion exist outside the one they practice. Bigot

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by optimism4reel(m): 8:35am On Jul 13, 2017
Why do you want to confuse the poor masses. Do you know more than the examiners, you better stop posting rubbish online, just because you have one virus phone you call smart phone in your hand. Beware of madness!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Chukazu: 8:35am On Jul 13, 2017
One of the reasons we are suspicious of each other is that we know little or nothing about the other person... Most of the people who are posting tribal tirade here are usually those who never step outside their village and mingle with people of diverse religion and culture

If we can empty ourselves of stereotypes and seek to know more of others without prejudice... The better.
I was a Christian student in Lagos, with roots from the East, had to read Koran at one point or the other and my best friend was a Muslim guy... (extremely generous) with that I can reason with some Muslim
We are all humans before any religious affiliation.. GOD Created humans in his image not in His religion

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by monex(m): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2017
segebobo:
It's not good to be so narrow minded. That you offer CRS does not mean you shouldn't have some knowledge of IRS.
An educated student is supposed to be well-rounded or holistic in acquisition of knowledge.
should he then learn about the history of guru maharaji and satanism

yes satanism is a religion.

if a child learns it as part of a hostorical subject then fine. but as part of a religious subject then I would say this is a faux pas

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Zana7(f): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2017
ThinkWISELY:
Savages grin grin grin
Bombgrin
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by zicoraads: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2017
monex:

the bolded is the difference
Point being, you shouldn't condemn this, if you don't know the syllabus. Trust me, IRS too contains questions on Christianity and Jesus Christ.
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by tintingz(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2017
Question 47 said what is God in Yoruba, which is Olodumare, for correction to Christians and Muslims, Olodumare is NOT the same as Yahweh or Allah, they are entirely different, Olodumare is the supreme God of Yoruba religion.
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by doyinbaby(f): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2017
zicoraads:
You cannot say anything here if you don't know what is contained in the syllabus. I have corrected and vetted questions that were to be written by Muslim students of a purely Islamic school. The subject was World History. And the questions contained a lot of questions on Jesus Christ and Christianity. I asked or the syllabus and saw they actually did some work on Christianity. This is a purely Islamic school through and through. Abeg which church

In my church, before being baptized, we spend two years in a catchesim class. We learn about major religions, including Islam. For you to be baptized, you must have a basic knowledge of Islam and other religions as well.

This is normal. Let's stop acting like cavemen and actually read up.
Re: Muslim Questions In A Christian Religious Exam In Akwa Ibom Junior WAEC by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2017
Exactly what I thought when I wrote about the rational fear here:

http://www.mortalpoet.com/christian-religious-studies-c-r-k-removed/

Because the minds of black Africans have been deeply brainwashed by foreign religious, recruitments by these religions fall on their laps.

Conquered by a foreign people and given their religions to swallow, we go ahead and force others to swallow what they forced us.

I knew that the policy has the potential for corruption. This is Nigeria and I personally know how Islam and Christianity win souls.

Some make a hundred year conquest plan. Some make a psychological conquest plan. Now, Africans, help destroy each other. Smh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DELSU Searches Students After Murder Of Elozino Joshuana Ogege. Photos / Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead / Demons In St Clairs Anglican Girls Grammar School, Offa Forced School's Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.