Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? (2859 Views)

Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place / FG: Universities Can Now Organise Post-utme If They Want / How Much Does It Cost To Complete A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
Before applying for JAMB you must have decided what course you want to study. But have you ever cared to know how competitive the course is?

Knowing how competitive some courses are will help the secondary school student, JAMBite or any admission seeker prepare well ahead of time.

Going by the latest statistics released by JAMB this year, here are the 15 most sought after courses in Nigeria.

See the list below, and get more insights about the courses here http://www.dontro.com/15-hottest-courses-nigerian-universities-jamb-2017-data/

Hottest Courses in Nigeria

15. Sociology

14. Electrical Engineering

13. Biochemistry

12. Banking and Finance

11. Medical Laboratory Science

10. Mechanical Engineering

9. Public Administration

8. Business Administration

7. Pharmacy

6. Nursing

5. Economics

4. Mass Communication

3. Law

2. Accounting

1. Medical Science

Use this smart JAMB Admission Points Calculator to get your precise and detailed admission points: http://www.dontro.com/jamb-admission-points-calculator/

Is your course in the list?

Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
One of the Major ways of Securing job in Nigeria is'
'Know somebody that know somebody in high places'.
So,know somebody o. Not about course.
I_rep_medical_lab_sci..
*winks*

5 Likes

Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
to me...after medicine and law, electrical & computer engineering follows....in elect elect engineering many are called few choosen grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by cosby02(m): 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
I dont know how a right thinking human being will pick engineering, pharmacy, nursing, law after accounting.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by dannytoe(m): 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
i lost hope when i saw law at 3 place...........op stop doing internet statitics, go outside and see unemployed graduate of those courses you call hottest.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2017
dannytoe:
i lost hope when i saw law at 3 place...........op stop doing internet statitics, go outside and see unemployed graduate of those courses you call hottest.

Haba! Those are not th OP's guess work, and it doesn't in anyway translate to job after school. The statistics is based on number of candidates applying for what courses during JAMB registration.
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
cosby02:
I dont know how a right thinking human being will pick engineering, pharmacy, nursing, law after accounting.

Not comprehensive. What are u saying?
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by slyrone(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
what about my own course GEOGRAPHY
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by cosby02(m): 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
dannytoe:
Bros joblessness is not restricted to any profession as far as Nigeria is concern.
Do you know how many lawyers we have as ministers under previous and current administration compared to other professions?
Being a lawyer will always raise your game.
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by vickodedon(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2017
ECONOMICS GAAAAN
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by philiancoop(m): 8:59am On Jul 13, 2017
The OP is posting based on the number of applicants for the courses
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by Samsonyte(m): 11:17am On Jul 13, 2017
Economics Education hottest
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by jupiterz: 11:24am On Jul 13, 2017
not bad

Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by swagguElite(m): 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2017
dannytoe:
b!tch ...sit down ...be humble! ....law is one of the best courses ever! ...dnt let your hate cloud your judgement!

I dnt see law as a special course above all other courses as it as a Specially Recognized Title! ...yu become lawyer! ... A Barr is added to your name _being a barrister does not determine whether yu will gain employment faster than an accountant _ Or make a superior a wealthy self-employed businessman! ....No! ...

Being a Barrister gives you freedom! ...freedom to go out there to claim any career yu wish to pursue _Falz the Badt guy is f!rkin lawyer ...so as Funke Akindele! .... N yet dat doesn't mean they beta off than their counterparts!

Beta still imagine yourself as a barrister who having being called to bar decided not to practice n continue your Father's Furniture business! ...yu changed his name from Akindele's Furnitures to Barr. Dannytoe Elite Furnitures!

If I were to buy from any of the two! ...I would go for the Barr dannytoe's one _because it would be safer to contract with a lawyer due to the fact it is presumed he would not try to cheat you on the basis that yu can easily get him sued n get his name tainted with bad image since all a lawyer needs to thrive; is a good reputation!

That's their weak spot! ..since you know that _n they know that! _yu would be able to favour yourself off their liability of losing their good reputation!

So Misterman! ... Yu can become a lawyer n dive into any show business or profitable venture of yours but you should know that the title Barrister grants you a favourable ground for obtaining contracts n recognition than any competition you might face in any trade yu deem fit to choose!

You determine who you are; by What you Do! _Not by your career!
#LoveALawyer_ItsLegal
@dannytoe.

1 Like

Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by Ay04z(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lol... What can u do?
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 14, 2017
swagguElite:

@dannytoe.

I simply love this your conclusion cool
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by swagguElite(m): 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
ZestAri:

I simply love this your conclusion cool
thanks bruh! wink
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by zurielsam(m): 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
swagguElite:
b!tch ...sit down ...be humble! ....law is one of the best courses ever! ...dnt let your hate cloud your judgement!

I dnt see law as a special course above all other courses as it as a Specially Recognized Title! ...yu become lawyer! ... A Barr is added to your name _being a barrister does not determine whether yu will gain employment faster than an accountant _ Or make a superior a wealthy self-employed businessman! ....No! ...

Being a Barrister gives you freedom! ...freedom to go out there to claim any career yu wish to pursue _Falz the Badt guy is f!rkin lawyer ...so as Funke Akindele! .... N yet dat doesn't mean they beta off than their counterparts!

Beta still imagine yourself as a barrister who having being called to bar decided not to practice n continue your Father's Furniture business! ...yu changed his name from Akindele's Furnitures to Barr. Dannytoe Elite Furnitures!

If I were to buy from any of the two! ...I would go for the Barr dannytoe's one _because it would be safer to contract with a lawyer due to the fact it is presumed he would not try to cheat you on the basis that yu can easily get him sued n get his name tainted with bad image since all a lawyer needs to thrive; is a good reputation!

That's their weak spot! ..since you know that _n they know that! _yu would be able to favour yourself off their liability of losing their good reputation!

So Misterman! ... Yu can become a lawyer n dive into any show business or profitable venture of yours but you should know that the title Barrister grants you a favourable ground for obtaining contracts n recognition than any competition you might face in any trade yu deem fit to choose!

#LoveALawyer_ItsLegal
@dannytoe.

the thing pain this guy gan o. Ehya sorry
Re: 15 Hottest Courses In Nigerian Universities - Can You Compete? by zurielsam(m): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2017
thank God i change my mind to study religious studies so as to become an academician in that field

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Prison On Earth / Funny NYSC Welcome Back Poster / Instead Of Banning Cars Why Not Try This (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.