Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place (2226 Views)

Vice Chancellors Counter ASUU, Say Universities Can Resume / Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos) / Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by Afangideh1(m): 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
The federal government has said universities in the country can resume classes once they have put the necessary COVID-19 guidelines in place.

The statement was made by, Suleiman Yusuf, the deputy executive secretary academics of the National Universities Commission (NUC), at a press conference in Abuja on Tuesday, August 4, Premium Times reported.

He said the commission is working with universities to discuss preparations that should be in place before reopening of the tertiary institutions.

Another official of the NUC, Abubakar Rasheed, who serves as the executive secretary of the commission stated that the agency is already collecting data from universities to assess their preparedness to resume academic activities.

He also disclosed that the NUC is trying to mediate with the Academic Staff Union of Universities’ (ASUU) to resolve the strike by university lecturers.

Clevloaded recalls that the Nigerians government closed its tertiary institutions along with lower schools in March due to the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.clevloaded.com/2020/08/fg-says-universities-can-reopen-when.html

1 Like

Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by timwudz(m): 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
Okay
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by okpalaAnambra: 7:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
Wow... What about ASUU strike
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by Ulrich01(m): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

You just read topic you no even read the content undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by okpalaAnambra: 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ulrich01:

Fcvk u undecided

1 Like

Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by leksite120(m): 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
Omo, I just wish this can be true o
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by identitylenz(m): 10:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
we dy wait
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by Tiffe(m): 8:30am On Aug 06, 2020
Good news

UNIOSUN abeg tell us to resume

1 Like

Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by obi4eze(m): 10:08am On Aug 06, 2020
This is good news....long overdue.. things are truly going back to normal....THANK GOD
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by verified27: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2020

Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by hardbody: 10:50am On Aug 06, 2020
Ulrich01:

I swear. I tire for the lazy yoot. His question is answered expressly in the body of the write-up.

1 Like

Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by hardbody: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Fcvk u undecided

This is not the answer. Fact is you are too lazy and did not read the content or worse still you could not understand what you read. If you did, you would have had no need to type that nonsense because the answer is in the text.

Oya abuse me.....that seems to be all you are capable of comprehending in a hurry.

3 Likes

Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by okpalaAnambra: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2020
hardbody:

[s] This is not the answer. Fact is you are too lazy and did not read the content or worse still you could not understand what you read. If you did, you would have had no need to type that nonsense because the answer is in the text.

Oya abuse me.....that seems to be all you are capable of comprehending in a hurry.[/s]
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by Karlifate: 11:30am On Aug 06, 2020
Afangideh1:

He also disclosed that the NUC is trying to mediate with the Academic Staff of Universities’ (ASUU) to resolve the strike by university lecturers.
I really commend the NUC for trying everything possible to resolve these issues causing loggerheads between ASUU & the FG.
I hope their mediation yield good results.
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
My dear Comrades, the following are the extracts from my discussion with IPPIS yesterday:
1. That they were instructed from above to remove the names of all those who have not been captured by IPPIS from the salary payment schedule until they are captured. Even though I pleaded that those who have not been paid since February be paid so that they would be at par with others who were paid with BVN last month. They said ok, but I wonder......
To this effect, please, if you have not been captured by IPPIS make necessary moves to get captured.

2. I demanded to know when they are coming for the capturing.
On this, they said very soon but that the date is not yet known to them. They said our University Management had invited them through their letter to the Accountant General of the Federation, and just yesterday, the letter arrived their office.
3. On further inquiry, they said that those who want their salaries to be treated very urgently, should get to their office at Abuja for the capturing. But if this option should be taking, the following must be done:
a. The two (2) forms necessary for the capturing must be filled and duly signed by our Personnel. I have collected the forms and will attach them herewith so that you can print and fill.
b. A letter of introduction must be gotten from the Registry, introducing you to them as our staff.

4. On the issue of Minimum wage arrears, they said it would be paid any moment from now. That they had wanted to pay it before now but, they considered that those having salary issues now might also have issues if they had paid the arrears before now.

Please the forms are attached above. Be guided. Struggle continues!

IPPIS is playing with our lives. In this period of pandemic. Road hazards and insecurities. Please save our lives.
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by Akinbahm(m): 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ulrich01:

No mind am nah FTC dey totori am...
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
[s]
okpalaAnambra:
Fcvk u undecided
[/s]

this one no dey University.
cos I wonder how many carry overs u for Don get
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by insperyadyou: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Cptflint:
My dear Comrades, the following are the extracts from my discussion with IPPIS yesterday:
1. That they were instructed from above to remove the names of all those who have not been captured by IPPIS from the salary payment schedule until they are captured. Even though I pleaded that those who have not been paid since February be paid so that they would be at par with others who were paid with BVN last month. They said ok, but I wonder......
To this effect, please, if you have not been captured by IPPIS make necessary moves to get captured.

On this, they said very soon but that the date is not yet known to them. They said our University Management had invited them through their letter to the Accountant General of the Federation, and just yesterday, the letter arrived their office.
3. On further inquiry, they said that those who want their salaries to be treated very urgently, should get to their office at Abuja for the capturing. But if this option should be taking, the following must be done:
a. The two (2) forms necessary for the capturing must be filled and duly signed by our Personnel. I have collected the forms and will attach them herewith so that you can print and fill.
b. A letter of introduction must be gotten from the Registry, introducing you to them as our staff.

4. On the issue of Minimum wage arrears, they said it would be paid any moment from now. That they had wanted to pay it before now but, they considered that those having salary issues now might also have issues if they had paid the arrears before now.

IPPIS is playing with our lives. In this period of pandemic. Road hazards and insecurities. Please save our lives.
please where are the attached forms
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by hardbody: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by hardbody: 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by sinkhole: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Cptflint:

BREAKING: NASU, SSANU declare strike over IPPIS

The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of the Non Academic Staff Union (NASU) and Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) has embarked on an industrial action with effect from school resumption. The National President of SSANU, comrade Samson Ugwoke, who spoke on behalf of JAC, disclosed this while addressing newsmen in Abuja at the end of its JAC meeting.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-nasu-ssanu-declare-strike-over-ippis.html
Re: Fg Says Universities Can Reopen When Covid-19 Guidelines Are In Place by Busayobanks: 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
we can't wait ooo

(1) (Reply)

School Resumption Update: All Tertiary Students Should Pay Close Attention As As / Nigerian Graduates Cannot Spell Bicycle! Tf? / Nigerian Student Ufot Ekong Breaks 50 Year Record In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.