Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,216 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". (648 Views)

Don't Be Deceived, God Cares About Our Outward Appearance / Don Moen Reveals Heartbreaking Story Behind ‘God Will Make a Way’ / God Looks For Clay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". by Boland(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
Many believers want to hear what appeals to their lifestyle, be it right or wrong.

One can never trully understand how the mind believes what it wants to believe, no matter how foolish it may seem.The Mind tends to believe what appeals to his psyche.
As children of God, we are supposed to be mentally strong to seek the truth and stick to it no matter what.

Unbelievers are always hasty to judge any wrong move or doings of the believer. If trully we are Ambassadors of Christ on earth, their souls should matter to us.

Daniel 12 verse 3: "Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever."

This passage shows that, if we trully Love God and seek his Kingdom, our aim should be to bring others to the kingdom of God.
How can you do that when your appearance contradicts what you stand for?

The outer layer most of the time is the evidence of what is inside. Why confuse unbelievers? Our God is not a confused God.

God's Interest and Our Interest.

Your interest doesn't necessarily mean God's interest. If your aim is to trully secure God's interest, your appearance or way of life shouldn't discourage souls you are suppose to win for God.

1st Corinthians 14:40: "Let all things be done decently and in order".

And so is our appearance should be decent, so there won't be confusion.

Do not put much effort to look stunning, it may deviate your mind from pleasing God and rather make it to please yourself or Men.

Thanks for your time.
Re: The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". by stonemasonn: 1:59am On Jul 13, 2017
so who gets to decide what a decent appearance should be??
Re: The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". by Boland(m): 5:06am On Jul 13, 2017
stonemasonn:
A wh*re monger would dress to entice her customer.
An average maid that has a madaam will normally dress shabby to prove that she's not trying to entice madaam's husband.
What will be the motive of he/she who dresses like a wh*re monger/p i m p?

Your question seems like a "booby trap". Perhaps, you expect me to say God is the one to decide.

Well, when you look at the mirror after you have dressed up, what kind of person do you see?
Judge yourself!

P S: I personally ain't againt "make up", as long as it is done moderately.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". by An2elect2(f): 11:36am On Jul 13, 2017
stonemasonn:
Deeper lifers grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". by revelatiorcm(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
True that, More grace the Lord bless you in Jesus Christ Name. AMEN
Re: The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". by Boland(m): 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
revelatiorcm:
True that, More grace the Lord bless you in Jesus Christ Name.
AMEN
Thanks brother.
Re: The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". by Martinez19(m): 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
Boland:
A wh*re monger would dress to entice her customer.
An average maid that has a madaam will normally dress shabby to prove that she's not trying to entice madaam's husband.
What will be the motive of he/she who dresses like a wh*re monger/p i m p?

Your question seems like a "booby trap". Perhaps, you expect me to say God is the one to decide.

Well, when you look at the mirror after you have dressed up, what kind of person do you see?
Judge yourself!

P S: I personally ain't againt "make up", as long as it is done moderately.
you didn't answer the question.
Re: The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". by Boland(m): 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2017
I've replied him.

When brother Paul said: "Let all things be done decently and in order", he expects everyone to know how to apply decency in every areas of life.

Our lustful desires will always get in the way of applying the "Truth doctrines" into our lives. You'd see a lady on tight and revealing outfit saying; God doesn't look at the outward appearance but the inward, knowing fully well what her intentions are on why she's dressed like that.

Based on what we see everyday and what we've been able to infer in our environment, it shouldn't be "rocket science" to decipher how a decent dressing looks like.
It's simple, you dress based on how you feel. A sl*t would dress to impress her fans.

What reaction should a young guy that sags his jeans, revealing his boxers expect in a godly environment?

Without mincing words; You decide what a decent appearance should be, based on the truth you've known and not because of your dirty desires.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Behind "God Looks At The Heart And Not The Outward Appearance". by Boland(m): 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
Happy Sunday

(1) (Reply)

The Real Meaning Of Rest In Peace (R.I.P) / The Thirteen Love Letters: Curse and the Cure / How Could GOD Allow This? How Could GOD Allow This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.