Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Tithing And Still Broke - See Reasons! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing And Still Broke - See Reasons! (623 Views)

The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers / What the "Sheeples" need to know about Tithing And Giving To Pastors / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

Tithing And Still Broke - See Reasons! by Beejay3000(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
You tithe 10% of your salary consistently. So, why aren't you receiving financial blessings? It's not like you spend your money frivolously. You barely have enough to pay your bills. It just doesn’t seem fair. Something is definitely wrong. What could it be?

If you are a tither and you aren’t receiving results, here are three reasons why you may be struggling financially.

Reason #1. You worry constantly about money.

Worry can block your financial blessings. It's like telling God, "I don't think you're really capable of providing my needs."

Instead of worrying, say to the Lord: "I am going to Trust you, Lord, no matter what happens. I believe you will supply all my needs."

Then meditate on what you just spoke throughout the day. You have to shrug off all worry and get EXCITED that God's going to bless you. You have no reason to worry. Think about it; God owns everything!

God created the paper your bills are printed on and the money you pay your bills with. Begin to silently praise Him for supplying your needs. You can repeat: "My Father in Heaven is rich. I'm His child; I am not going to worry about money."

Every time I replace my worry with faith and praise, God has worked it out. It took me a very long time to trust Him. When I shrugged off worry, God started supplying my needs in miraculous ways. It got to the point where I stopped worrying because I knew that He would work something out. Besides, worry saps your energy and raises your blood pressure – it’s not worth the hassle.

Sow a seed of faith for a blessing.

Reason #2. You haven't sowed a seed of faith.

When most people hear about people sowing a seed of faith, the first thing that comes to mind is to mail a check to a televangelist. This is not the kind of sowing I’m talking about.

I’m talking about sowing into the lives of others who are truly in need. That means giving directly to the poor, even if it is just a dollar. This is how God will test your faith. He will lead you on how much to give.

In Luke 6:38, it reads:

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

When I started to give to the less fortunate, that’s when God began to bless me financially. Every time I gave to a homeless person or a person in need, God blessed me abundantly. In Proverbs 19:17, it says that when you give to the poor, you're lending to the Lord. As a result, He takes care of your financial needs.

I remember being stopped by three strangers at a train station one day. All three people asked for money to buy food. I thought it was a bit odd at first. However, I knew in the back of my mind that God was testing me and preparing my faith for a blessing (if I passed the test). So I gave around $2 to each person.

About two days later, God blessed me financially.

At this point in my life, I get excited when strangers ask for money. One day I was at a bookstore cafe and a man came up to me to ask me a question. I was so engulfed in my book that I thought he asked to borrow money.

So, I didn't hesitate. I pulled out $5 to give to him. He said, "No! I asked to borrow a pen - not money." That was an embarrassing moment. I was a bit disappointed that he didn’t ask.

Anyway, the point is, when you give to others from your heart, God will bless you. When God shows you an opportunity to give, don't pass it up. Never stop giving. Also, don't forget to share the Gospel after you give.

Pay God, Pay Yourself ...Then Everyone Else

Reason #3. You’re not a good steward of your money.

Let’s be honest. If you’re not saving for a rainy day, when the rainy day comes, you won’t have any money saved. It’s important that you begin to save for emergencies. That way, when a bill comes in the mail or an unexpected expense occurs, you will have money.

After you give back God's portion, make sure you give to yourself (savings, necessities, etc.) and everything left over goes towards bills and other obligations.

Here’s a quick budgeting tip:

10% For Tithes

5% Sowing a Seed of Faith (to the poor)

15% Towards Savings (paying yourself)

20% Towards Debts

50% Towards Household Bills

Often times, people are cheerful givers, but they never give to themselves. It is important that you are saving a portion of your salary for yourself and your family. Being a good steward of money reminds me of Jesus' parable about the five wise and five foolish in Matthew 25. Don't be the foolish one.

When you show God that you are doing your best to be a good steward of your money, he will help increase your finances.

I pray that the three tips within this article will enrich you and be a blessing to you financially.

Re: Tithing And Still Broke - See Reasons! by Beejay3000(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
FTC KING

C.E.O GRACE INC
Re: Tithing And Still Broke - See Reasons! by chuks013: 12:51am On Jul 23, 2017
Tithing witout faith=husppi wit all d gucci wey no go follow am go grave==BIG WASTE OF TIME
Re: Tithing And Still Broke - See Reasons! by OtemAtum: 5:30am On Jul 23, 2017
You tithe yet you get no dough. Your money has entered one chance cheesy

Re: Tithing And Still Broke - See Reasons! by chynie: 6:19am On Jul 23, 2017
God loves a cheerful giver
But give to who really needs it
Most ppl can't help needy members
But will willingly give out for church projects.
Am not saying church projects is wrong but the church starts with me and u, we should endeavor to help one another first.

VIDEO: The Latest On The OZUBULU Church Massacre - Full Interview With BISHOP / Apostle Suleman Talks About 2019 Elections And Things That Are Likely To Happen / See Why Royalty Christian Centre Is Our Church Of The Week