Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? (8682 Views)

Court Declares Prince Ned Nwoko Winner Of The Delta North PDP Primary Election / Rumble In The Delta? I Didn’t Nominate Peter Obi, Says Wike / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by GoldNiagara(m): 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
Ever8054:
the Igbo's forced relationship with south south is born out of crude oil....if the crude oil dries in south south, and crude oil is found in Maiduguri, the Igbo's will claim they and northerners are one...and again you will agree with me that Igbo's has this dominant and oppress,and that is not happening with the hausa / Yoruba not giving them such space,so they are looking for a country were they will be majority to dominate and oppress,.. there Yoruba speaking people in Benin republic, but the Yorubas are not forcing them to form a country with them..there also Hausa speaking people in Ghana but I have not seen or read where the housas claiming "one blood with".. honestly those people wahala tire me...

So you don't know there is already a tribe called Northern Igbo.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by inkon: 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
amjoseph19:
You claimed you have made a research to connect the dot between Igbos and the South South and you couldn't find any.

People like you sickens me. Someone who made a "Research" about a topic doesn't even know the definition of what he is looking for.

South South is a geopolitical zone while Igbo is a tribe on it's own. For the fact that you don't know this after your "research" speaks alot about you and what you stand for. You could have used "South South and Southeast" but your dumb head wouldn't tell you that.

To also show your level of propaganda, you went ahead and brought out hypothesis without any factual backing that " Igbos marries Yorubas more than those from South South ". You went ahead and use it as fact after your so called research.

I'm not going to bring history nor do a real research. I'm just going to tell you from my own personal encounter. I'm from arochukwu in abia state our neighbours are Aro ikoto epkena in cross river. We share the same land, similar culture, We inter married. There's a school called Ihechiowa High school. that school for both those in arochukwu community and aro ikoto ekpena till few yrs back. we have historical connection together which I'm not going to go into like I said earlier.

My roommate back then in 100 Level is an ikwere boy. He bears an Igbo name. we discuss most times in Igbo. He claims to be an Igbo boy in South South. But yoy are there in oshogbo claiming you have carried out a research.

You did your research and include people of agwasikwu, anioma, as in Asaba the state capital of Delta state and you really found no connection.

It's for a know fact that Igbos are known to be self sufficient. We have been doing far better than most regions with the little FG help we receive. Niger Deltans Oil is not of any interest to us. But, we are surely not going to leave our brothers behind unless if referendum says otherwise.

The lesser the liars we have in this country the better for the nation.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nwogeh: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
The so called oil that made brothers turn against each other, is that what we so much desire....who oil don help....the same oil that has left SS worst than ever....I hate e-hatreds because it's for idle minds....but my question is, are Ijaws and Iteskiris brothers, are ogonis and anang people brothers, if no, then even SS are not brothers so is every other tribe in Nigeria....we are not one, Nigeria is not one, so restructure the country to give each tribe a sense of definition and brotherhood within their domain. I am Igbo and I know who my brothers are, my major problem is.....why do Yoruba and Igbo fight e war most yet they are not hostile to each other in reality as social media tend to portray.....let's put hands together and give each tribe the value they deserve in this country by giving them the autonomy to determine their future by themselves.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by oyatz(m): 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
I have noticed that most of you guys prefer insults to intellectual discourse.

derealj:

If you want me to believe all these long fairy tale you have written, then show me A full blooded Igbo man that answers Olawale or Zakary,or a Yoruba man that answers Okonkwo if not hold your rubbish and unfounded theory to yourself.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2018
Rossikki:
I keep hearing Biafra proponents of Igbo extraction claiming to be ''specially related'' to the Niger Delta people.

I then began to conduct research into the alleged genetic or filial 'brotherhood' between both regions.

So far, I've been unable to come up with any special features that make Igbos 'closer' to Efiks, Ogonis, and Ijaws, than to say, Binis or Yorubas. In fact, during the course of my research, I found numerous examples of linguistic similarities between Igbo and Yoruba, over and above any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. Igbos marry far more Yorubas than they marry south-southerners.

So please, on what basis do Igbos claim to be ''special brothers'' with the south-south?

To the point that they are almost forcing them to join their new country?

Insisting that they must join.

It's a real mystery to me, this love and comradeship Igbos have for the south-southerners, to the exclusion of every other ethnic group in the country.

A real case of Love Nwantiti.

Please, can somebody explain the mystery to me?

The most populated tribe in the SS population are igbos. Start ur math from there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2018
Markfemi2:

Yoruba have oyo ife ekiti empire

Kanu ri have kanuri empire
Fulani same thing
We know jaja of opobo
We don't know any history Igbo kingdom
All we know is Onitsha is Benin land founded to trade igbos as slaves

So eastern region like today's northern region and should Nigeria split everyone will decide what to do

"" Yoruba have oyo ife ekiti empire ""

There was never an empire anywhere in Yoruba land at any point in recorded history

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2018
Markfemi2:

Yes SW is a British creation
The real Yoruba land is SW+Yoruba Kwara kogi and edo
Yorubas are not begging delta and edo to join them chai

So kogi state is now Yoruba land grin.

Even delta state is now Yoruba land grin

Even Edo sef....LMFAO.

""
Yorubas are not begging delta and edo to join them ""

Yorubas can never beg anyone to join them because they don't have any plans for their future.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
Markfemi2:

Uncle
There's a full functioning airport in Enugu and rivers but igbos won't use
There's sea port in rivers but you won't use

Anytime igbo is losing in competition that's when they start to cry baby and blame others or say field is not levelled lol

Did your ebonyi governor not just say no restructuring and secession
http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/29/ebonyi-biafra-restructuring-governor-umahi/

Igbo do long transport business and no one is bothered
But so far you lose you start to cry

"" but igbos won't use
There's sea port in rivers but you won't use ""

This is very stupid n brainless grin
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
Amarabae:
pls oga, leave those ijoid groups to prevent controversy.
Post war Politics affected history in Nigeria.
#sad

The truth is that the ijaws ibibios, Annang, And every other nation in the Niger delta are all igbos.

There are just 3 ethnic groups in Nigeria with more than 300 tribes.

Multiple tribes make up an ethnic group.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2018
Rossikki:
Here's another question, gentlemen. This time, a hypothetical one.

If the Igbos' homeland was the Niger Delta, and that of the south-south groups was up in Igboland, would the Igbos have invited them to join Biafra?

The whole of eastern nigeria are igbos.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
Abagworo:

The Biafra issue is a different one and the view you have is that of one school. Igbos are comfortable having a country of theirs without South-south but the present agitation is political and all they are trying to do is to create instability because of PDP's loss to Buhari. IPOB doesn't represent Igbo stand but Jonathanian's stand.

Nnamdi Kanu/IPOB has absolutely nothing to do with PDP or GEJ or election.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
Markfemi2:

[s]Yoruba have oyo ife ekiti empire

Kanu ri have kanuri empire
Fulani same thing
We know jaja of opobo
We don't know any history Igbo kingdom
All we know is Onitsha is Benin land founded to trade igbos as slaves

So eastern region like today's northern region and should Nigeria split everyone will decide what to do[/s]

No wonder awolowo was useless all his life
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Banmeallday: 12:07am On Sep 19, 2018
The first post on this thread from OP is old news by those who want to continue to divide the better Biafran nation.

But unfortunately for them there propaganda machine finally broke in 2015 when the Igbo nearly went to war to defend their brother Goodluck...without promise of oil well or contracts....

Biafra referendum is imminent and those who allow themselves to be deceived will end up remaining in Nigeria while Biafra will be with the UN...

Scary isn’t it
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Duru1(m): 12:58am On Sep 19, 2018
Rossikki:
I keep hearing Biafra proponents of Igbo extraction claiming to be ''specially related'' to the Niger Delta people.

I then began to conduct research into the alleged genetic or filial 'brotherhood' between both regions.

So far, I've been unable to come up with any special features that make Igbos 'closer' to Efiks, Ogonis, and Ijaws, than to say, Binis or Yorubas. In fact, during the course of my research, I found numerous examples of linguistic similarities between Igbo and Yoruba, over and above any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. Igbos marry far more Yorubas than they marry south-southerners.

So please, on what basis do Igbos claim to be ''special brothers'' with the south-south?

To the point that they are almost forcing them to join their new country?

Insisting that they must join.

It's a real mystery to me, this love and comradeship Igbos have for the south-southerners, to the exclusion of every other ethnic group in the country.

A real case of Love Nwantiti.

Please, can somebody explain the mystery to me?

The bolded drops the above nonsensical idiocy and typical Nigerian infantile dribbles to dustbin.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by tck2000(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7000 PDP Members Defects To APC As Party's Crises Deepens In Yobe / APC Congress: Kano Chairman Returned, Governor Amosun’s SA Elected In Ogun / Abuja ENDSARS Protest Records' Massive Turnout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.