Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? (8724 Views)

Court Declares Prince Ned Nwoko Winner Of The Delta North PDP Primary Election / Rumble In The Delta? I Didn’t Nominate Peter Obi, Says Wike / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Rossikki: 9:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
cumbak60:

Oh God! Nairaland has really made some dumb fellows with zero intelligence to think themselves brilliant. You're probably basking in your euphoria by this trash you littered here with. Not your fault. Nigerian educational system is already flawed, so its not a surprise to see flawed brains roaming around.

Sorry, who are you?

I'm not your mate, little boy. Kindly get your bloviating dunce of a self out of this thread before I handle you.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Rossikki: 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ngozi123:

A part from the fact that many Igbo communities have been intermixing with these minority tribes for centuries before the white man came, right? You'll find Igbo communities with high admixture from these minority tribes, can you really say the same for Yoruba and Bini?

But there are millions of Igbos interacting and intermarrying with Yorubas and even Hausas right now as we speak. There are parts of Kano you will visit and you will wonder if you are in Aba or Umuahia. Same as Lagos. But I've never seen any Igbos in those places talking about forming a new country with those people there.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ngozi123(f): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
Abagworo:
I won't write about other South-south States but Rivers State that I know very well. If a paternity DNA test is conducted in Rivers State one will trace at least 50% Igbo in all ethnic groups apart from Ogoni. A maternity test will yield at least 70% apart from Ogoni. So in a nutshell apart from Ogoni, all other ethnic groups in Rivers State are related to Igbo by blood be it Kalabari, Okrika, Ekpeye, Ikwerre, Etche, Abua, Odual, Andoni, Degema, Ogba, Ndoni, Engenni, Ibani, Eleme etc.

Thank you for saying this so succinctly.

Rossikki Come and see what I was trying to tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Rossikki: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ngozi123:

Thank you for saying this so succinctly.

Rossikki Come and see what I was trying to tell you.

Has he conducted the DNA tests? If he hasn't, then you've no leg to stand on.

By the way, if you conducted those tests and the results showed that Igbos were more genetically related to Yorubas than to delta groups, will you invite Yorubas to form a new country?

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ngozi123(f): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:
But there are millions of Igbos interacting and intermarrying with Yorubas and even Hausas right now as we speak. There are parts of Kano you will visit and you will wonder if you are in Aba or Umuahia. Same as Lagos. But I've never seen any Igbos in those places talking about forming a new country with those people there.

Those numbers are nowhere near what I'm talking about. How many Yorubas/Hausas have up to 40-50% Igbo blood in them? How many Igbos have up to to 40-50% Yoruba/Hausa blood in them? Despite the noise that so many of you make, the vast majority of Igbos prefer to marry themselves and, if not that, then they'll marry an Eastern minority. We don't marry Yorubas and Hausas in high numbers.

6 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ngozi123(f): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:

Has he conducted the DNA tests? If he hasn't, then you've no leg to stand on.

By the way, if you conducted those tests and the results showed that Igbos were more genetically related to Yorubas than delta groups, will you invite Yorubas to form a new country?

He doesn't need to, it's oral tradition that many Igbo communities intermixed with these minorities. I even think that there was a DNA database that alluded to the high Efik admixture in many Igbo communities, and vice versa. We are most definitely not more genetically related to Yorubas than the aforementioned minorities. Stop trying to link us with Yoruba people.

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by derealj(m): 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
People of the so called "Niger Delta" are the most confused set of people in Nigeria, but am not even in the mood for their shenanigans. I have only one thing to beg you people, it is enough that some of you chose to answer Igbo names while claiming non Igbo. Fine but if you want to answer those names answer it correctly not the adulterated forms in your bid to transform our names into another thing. Answer Nwogbo not Wobo( it even sounds like zobo). It's Ezenwa not Ezenwo. Answer Nwanne not Wene( don't know if it's short for Wednesday ). That's all I want to say., if you people cannot do this please answer names from your tribe ( If it exists ) or you can go and adulterate Yoruba names and answer(Take a cue from one minister from that region ).

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Rossikki: 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ngozi123:

He doesn't need to, it's oral tradition that many Igbo communities intermixed with these minorities.

Igbos have intermixed with millions of people across Nigeria. We don't need oral tradition to see that. What makes the south south different, Madam Love Nwantiti?

I even think that there was a DNA database that alluded to the high Efik admixture in many Igbo communities, and vice versa.

You ''think''? Sorry, I prefer facts.

We are most definitely not more genetically related to Yorubas than the aforementioned minorities. Stop trying to link us with Yoruba people.

Until you conduct DNA tests, you are in no position to state that.

Excerpts:

"I was first given the idea that Yoruba and Igbo must be genetically related when a childhood friend, Ogbonna told me that words for some well known body parts are virtually the same in both languages. For instance, Yoruba Imu/ Igbo, imi which means nose. There is also Yoruba eti/Igbo nti which means ear. Also Yoruba enu/Igbo onu which stands for mouth. Other examples abound like Yoruba orun/Igbo onu meaning neck. And so on and so forth.

Much later in life, at the university, I was to learn in Language class that Igbo and Yoruba and many other African languages are members of the same language family. Those are members of group languages which all developed out of a common ancestor or a parent. And in the very distant past, these languages were no more than mere dialects of the original language"

https://www.nairaland.com/574377/how-yoruba-igbo-became-different

More Igbo - Yoruba Language similarities

Goat: Ewu(igb), Ewure(yor)

Cat: nwologbo(igb), Ologbo(yor)

Rock: Okwute(igb), Okwuta(yor)

What: Gini(igb), Kini(yor)

Where: Ebe(igb), ibi(yor)

Pouch\bag: Apka(igb), Akpo(yor)

Box: Apkati(igb), Apkoti(yor)

Medicine: Ogwu(igb), Ogun(yor)

Fever: iba(igb), iba(yor)

Acrobatics: Nkpokiti(igb: i remember nkpokiti dancers), Gbokiti(yor)

Dog Bark: gbor(igb), gbo(yor)

Akara - akara(igb), akara(yor). I think this is modern word, can't say it's igbo or yoruba

Moi moi - mai mai(igb), moi moi(yor). Also a modern word.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nwadiuto247: 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:

Why can't you people answer a simple question?

Another essay.

So because Jonathan said you were his brothers, to get your votes (since he really didn't do much for the SE), you are latching on to that to prove you are brothers? Hahahahahahahaha...... wink grin

But Osinbajo the other day announced that all Nigerians are brothers and should forget about break-up.

Did you listen to him?

Nah... There's no crude oil in 'Afonja land', so he can go to hell with his ''unity begging''.

Please, don't hold Jonathan responsible for your Love Nwantiti with the south-south. And it wasn't just ''after Jonathan'' that Igbos began calling the south-south their 'beloved brothers'. They've been doing its since the 1960s, when oil became a huge commodity on the international market. Ojukwu declared 'Biafra' and ensured he had guys like Major-General Phillip Effiong, and other powerless delta Yes men in his cabinet, to keep up the appearance of 'inclusiveness', even as total power lay in Igbo hands. Will a new Biafra be any different? I doubt it... The south south will play second fiddle to you, as usual.

At least you ve agreed that your brother Jonathan called south east their brothers. I also told you that ipob did so too. Igbos are not interested in your south south as a whole rather we are interested in the Igbo speaking areas in the south south who agrees that they are Igbos. I ve said this several times here but your pretentious disposition keeps blinding you.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ngozi123(f): 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:

Igbos have intermixed with millions of people across Nigeria. We don't need oral tradition to see that. What makes the south south different, Madam Love Nwantiti?

Oral tradition and cultural similarities are the basis for a lot of interrelationships in Africa; Nigeria is no different. How did our ancestors know those who they were close to despite not having DNA evidence? Igbos have mixed with millions of people in the whole of Africa, not just Nigeria. Now, pray tell, how many of those whole communities have oral traditions that narrate the widespread and ongoing mixing with Igbo communities. Note that I'm talking about entire communities here, not individuals- which is what you're alluding to.

Had you just mentioned Bini people then you might've had a leg to stand on but your inclusion of Yoruba people in this renders your whole piece useless. As far as I'm concerned, Ndigbo do not share any borders with Ndi Yoruba, neither do we eat the same foods. We also share very few cultural similarities with the Yorubas or Hausas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ngozi123(f): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:

Excerpts:

"I was first given the idea that Yoruba and Igbo must be genetically related when a childhood friend, Ogbonna told me that words for some well known body parts are virtually the same in both languages. For instance, Yoruba Imu/ Igbo, imi which means nose. There is also Yoruba eti/Igbo nti which means ear. Also Yoruba enu/Igbo onu which stands for mouth. Other examples abound like Yoruba orun/Igbo onu meaning neck. And so on and so forth.

Much later in life, at the university, I was to learn in Language class that Igbo and Yoruba and many other African languages are members of the same language family. Those are members of group languages which all developed out of a common ancestor or a parent. And in the very distant past, these languages were no more than mere dialects of the original language"

https://www.nairaland.com/574377/how-yoruba-igbo-became-different

More Igbo - Yoruba Language similarities

Goat: Ewu(igb), Ewure(yor)

Cat: nwologbo(igb), Ologbo(yor)

Rock: Okwute(igb), Okwuta(yor)

Pouch\bag: Apka(igb), Akpo(yor)

Box: Apkati(igb), Apkoti(yor)

Medicine: Ogwu(igb), Ogun(yor)

Fever: iba(igb), iba(yor)

Acrobatics: Nkpokiti(igb: i remember nkpokiti dancers), Gbokiti(yor)

Dog Bark: gbor(igb), gbo(yor)

Akara - akara(igb), akara(yor). I think this is modern word, can't say it's igbo or yoruba

Moi moi - mai mai(igb), moi moi(yor). Also a modern word.

So just because a few words in Igbo and Yoruba sound similar, it must mean that we're genetically related? I've seen people do this with Ancient Egyptian - does that now mean that we're Ancient Egyptians?

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Rossikki: 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ngozi123:

So just because a few words in Igbo and Yoruba sound similar, it must mean that we're genetically related? I've seen people do this with Ancient Egyptian - does that now mean that we're Ancient Egyptians?

Err... actually yes it does. We ARE descended from Ancient Egyptians and other groups from the north and the Levant. In remotest antiquity, West Africa was virtually deserted. Most groups here have a tradition of having migrated from elsewhere - from the Hausas to the Yorubas and the Igbos.

As for Igbo/Yoruba, it is more than ''a few words sounding similar''. If one were to sit at it, one would find HUNDREDS of words shared by Igbos and Yorubas which point to a common and recent ancestry. Don't allow your silly ethnic hatred to blind you to what should be a fascinating revelation.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Dedetwo(m): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Yoruba have oyo ife ekiti empire

Kanu ri have kanuri empire
Fulani same thing
We know jaja of opobo
We don't know any history Igbo kingdom
All we know is Onitsha is Benin land founded to trade igbos as slaves

So eastern region like today's northern region and should Nigeria split everyone will decide what to do

The real OYO Empire has little or nothing to do with today's so-called Yari.ba. Oyo Empire was destroyed by the slave raiders. The capital of Oyo Empire seated in Oyo ile, 30 miles north of Illroin, was sacked and all the leftovers embarked on a treacherous march southward toward the Atlantic. Yari.ba's enslavement is pitifully historic in nature.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ngozi123(f): 10:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:

Err... actually yes it does. We ARE descended from Ancient Egyptians and other groups from the north and the Levant. In remotest antiquity, West Africa was virtually deserted. Most groups here have a tradition of having migrated from elsewhere - from the Hausas to the Yorubas and the Igbos.

As for Igbo/Yoruba, it is more than ''a few words sounding similar''. If one were to sit at it, one would find HUNDREDS of words shared by Igbos and Yorubas which point to a common and recent ancestry. Don't allow your silly ethnic hatred to blind you to what should be a fascinating revelation.

We're not descended from the Ancient Egyptians and we are not more related to Yoruba people than the aforementioned minorities. You wanted DNA evidence that proves that some Igbo communities intermixed with some of these minorities, here you go:

"Therefore two groups from Igboland to the west of the Cross River region (IG-E and IG-N) were added to the inter-language group analysis to take into account the potentially unusually high levels of inter-ethnic admixture that may have taken place involving Igbo from Calabar."

https://bmcevolbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2148-10-92

This is just one example of the intermixing going on between these two groups.

The Yoruba migration story is from Bini land so how is it that you're related to us when the Bini people, who's language belongs in an even more distant language group to us, separate us? Pray tell...

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by cumbak60: 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:

Sorry, who are you?

I'm not your mate, little boy. Kindly get your bloviating dunce of a self out of this thread before I handle you.
Go handle yourself old man. History revisionist. Not your fault, an anonymous forum gave your ape like mouth to talk nonsense.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by naijaking1: 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:

Sorry, who are you?

When you chose to play in the mud, you sure get what you deserve. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 2:16am On Jul 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

The real OYO Empire has little or nothing to do with today's so-called Yari.ba. Oyo Empire was destroyed by the slave raiders. The capital of Oyo Empire seated in Oyo ile, 30 miles north of Illroin, was sacked all the leftovers embarked on treacherous march southward toward the Atlantic. Yari.ba's enslavement is pitifully historic in nature.

Whether it was nothing is abother debate entirely
We had one
What did your savage have ...nothing ?

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Dedetwo(m): 2:41am On Jul 14, 2017
Markfemi2:

Whether it was nothing is abother debate entirely
We had one
What did your savage have ...nothing ?

Ndigbo had no use for such glorified village empire you claim to have embraced. Ndigbo were very complex and chose a system of government that did not align with the monarchical government prevalent in Europe. Today, the whole world has embraced the representative democracy Ndigbo practiced before the advent of European in Africa. I guess a person who does not know and do not know that he/she does not know is a marooned FF.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Rossikki: 2:42am On Jul 14, 2017
Ngozi123:

We're not descended from the Ancient Egyptians

Young woman, please do not talk about things of which you know nothing.

Can you describe the race of this Pharaoh below please?

Statue of Pharaoh Tutunkhamun 1341 BC

and we are not more related to Yoruba people than the aforementioned minorities. You wanted DNA evidence that proves that some Igbo communities intermixed with some of these minorities, here you go:

"Therefore two groups from Igboland to the west of the Cross River region (IG-E and IG-N) were added to the inter-language group analysis to take into account the potentially unusually high levels of inter-ethnic admixture that may have taken place involving Igbo from Calabar."

https://bmcevolbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2148-10-92

This is just one example of the intermixing going on between these two groups.

This makes no sense. I could easily go to Alaba in Lagos and take DNA tests of all the young 'Igbo' boys running around there. Many of them will have Yoruba genes due to large scale admixture between the millions of Igbos in Lagos, and Yorubas. In fact in Lagos there are thousands of Igbos who can't even speak Igbo, but speak Yoruba like the indigenes. Face it, the south west don't have oil, and are your rivals, and that is why you do not consider them ''brothers''. Ditch all that DNA nonsense pls.

The Yoruba migration story is from Bini land so how is it that you're related to us when the Bini people, who's language belongs in an even more distant language group to us, separate us? Pray tell...

If Igbos and Yorubas don't have a common heritage, and a history of very ancient admixture, then how come they have so many words that mean the exact same thing in both languages?

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Rossikki: 2:58am On Jul 14, 2017
cumbak60:

Go handle yourself old man. History revisionist. Not your fault, an anonymous forum gave your ape like mouth to talk nonsense.

OIL THIEF... Frustration for other peoples' oil is no way to live your life.. Why don't you and your ilk use your famed entrepreneurial ability to transform your region, instead of looking for south-south oil to steal, under the guise of fake ''brotherhood''?

Ole.

God knows the south-south will never fall for your manipulation. They saw how you called Lagos 'no man's land', and they KNOW that if you can be so bold to do that hundreds of miles away from the SE, you will do much worse with the south-south, if you get your chance. They know you call them drunkards behind their backs.

''Special Brothers'' to drunkards by virtue of crude oil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 3:46am On Jul 14, 2017
Dedetwo:

Ndigbo had no use for such glorified village empire you claim to have embraced. Ndigbo were very complex and chose a system of government that did not align with the monarchical government prevalent in Europe. Today, the whole world has embraced the representative democracy Ndigbo practiced before the advent of European in Africa. I guess a person who does not know and do not know that he/she does not know is a marooned FF.

Ndi gbo were slaves to Benin and onitsha was founded to use igbos as local slaves

Who dash una democracy
Was it not Ajayi crowther that civilised this monkeys

See the tiny oyo village today oyo spread our language to South America and Caribbean
Vs your monkeys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Amberon11: 4:25am On Jul 14, 2017
like i said before, Niger deltans are wiser now. We have seen the way they go about their agitation, telling us we are biafrans wether we like it or not. Some even say we are igbos. If they're doing this Now, imagine what they would do to us if we finally agree to secede with them.

Any Niger Deltan who is sympathetic to Biafra will simply relocate to the east.
Rossikki:

OIL THIEF... Frustration for other peoples' oil is no way to live your life.. Why don't you and your ilk use your famed entrepreneurial ability to transform your region, instead of looking for south-south oil to steal, under the guise of fake ''brotherhood''?

Ole.

God knows the south-south will never fall for your manipulation. They saw how you called Lagos 'no man's land', and they KNOW that if you can be so bold to do that hundreds of miles away from the SE, you will do much worse with the south-south, if you get your chance. They know you call them drunkards behind their backs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by naijaking1: 4:29am On Jul 14, 2017
Rossikki:

Ole.

Ok now, I know the motive behind the purposeful distortion about the so-called south-south. Igbos make a significant proportion of the so-called SS no matter how you compute it.
To you and the lazy, down trodden minuscule minorities of 2000 population calling yourselves a nation, I have news!
Our oyel will take you nowhere.
Even if your Hausa fulani lords hand off the oil so that you poverty stricken folks may 'enjoy' the so-called oyel, guess what?
You will never make it! You're too poor in mind and spirit to make it.

After the civil was Oba Akenzua(who worked as a perm sec in Enugu for many years) and people like Mr. Asemota were the arrow heads of falsely prosecuting Igbos to satisfy Hausa Fulanis, last week I met the wretched old Asemota preaching as a member of the Elder christian council of Nigeria, appealing to and begging Igbos for forgiveness. I guess he doesn't want to die a liar like Akenzua!

While you're at it, use your history tool to tell us which country, group, or tribe anywhere in the World has ever progressed with abundant oil?
Is it Venezuela(where oil is called the devil's excrement), or Kuwait, Saudi Arabia(who believed that allah gave them oil oil in order to spread terrorism), or Libya, or where?
Compare those no good oil states with non-oil states like Germany, Japan, France, Italy, and you'll understand why Biafra is not about oil, petty minority, or laziness.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 4:50am On Jul 14, 2017
naijaking1:

Ok now, I know the motive behind the purposeful distortion about the so-called south-south. Igbos make a significant proportion of the so-called SS no matter how you compute it.
To you and the lazy, down trodden minuscule minorities of 2000 population calling yourselves a nation, I have news!
Our oyel will take you nowhere.
Even if your Hausa fulani lords hand off the oil so that you poverty stricken folks may 'enjoy' the so-called oyel, guess what?
You will never make it! You're too poor in mind and spirit to make it.

After the civil was Oba Akenzua(who worked as a perm sec in Enugu for many years) and people like Mr. Asemota were the arrow heads of falsely prosecuting Igbos to satisfy Hausa Fulanis, last week I met the wretched old Asemota preaching as a member of the Elder christian council of Nigeria, appealing to and begging Igbos for forgiveness. I guess he doesn't want to die a liar like Akenzua!

While you're at it, use your history tool to tell us which country, group, or tribe anywhere in the World has ever progressed with abundant oil?
Is it Venezuela(where oil is called the devil's excrement), or Kuwait, Saudi Arabia(who believed that allah gave them oil oil in order to spread terrorism), or Libya, or where?
Compare those no good oil states with non-oil states like Germany, Japan, France, Italy, and you'll understand why Biafra is not about oil, petty minority, or laziness.

It's not about oil this igbo man
They don't want a nation where igbo will be a thr only dominant ethinic group what is hard to grasp
In your Biafra
Igbo will constitute at least 70% of population
And the remaining 30% have the oil and sea while you don't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by naijaking1: 5:17am On Jul 14, 2017
Markfemi2:

It's not about oil this igbo man
They don't want a nation where igbo will be a thr only dominant ethinic group what is hard to grasp
In your Biafra
Igbo will constitute at least 70% of population
And the remaining 30% have the oil and sea while you don't

You have a different take on it now. But let me ask you, why is the Igbo the only tribe not afraid of fair competition?
How can our nation develop when we don't promote the best brains, talents, and skills, just because they're not 'our people'?

Most of the loudest minority voices against Igbos are people how felt personal loss to an an Igbo person, at worker, with is girl friend, or even at school. They can't come out and tell you they have something against an Igbo man, because he snatched his girlfriend, instead, he will go to his tiny tribe and weep up and conjure a rather unbelievable story against Igbos as a whole. Name all of them: Adaka Boro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Mr. Clark, and even prince Akenzua. All of them schooled, worked, and lived in Igbo land without anybody giving a damn about them until they got home to their tiny huts, and all of a sudden, the Igbos became their enemies.
Igbos compete amongst themselves too, and the looser don't go cry about Imo, Enugu, or Anambra man, instead he goes home to fine tune his game and come back another time.
The loud minority can't have their cake and eat it. If you insist on equal share of the food, you must get an equal share of the work too.

Oh, BTW, Igbos have sea and oil--another discussion, the Yorubas wil not like!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 5:37am On Jul 14, 2017
naijaking1:

You have a different take on it now. But let me ask you, why is the Igbo the only tribe not afraid of fair competition?
How can our nation develop when we don't promote the best brains, talents, and skills, just because they're not 'our people'?

Most of the loudest minority voices against Igbos are people how felt personal loss to an an Igbo person, at worker, with is girl friend, or even at school. They can't come out and tell you they have something against an Igbo man, because he snatched his girlfriend, instead, he will go to his tiny tribe and weep up and conjure a rather unbelievable story against Igbos as a whole. Name all of them: Adaka Boro, Ken Saro Wiwa, Mr. Clark, and even prince Akenzua. All of them schooled, worked, and lived in Igbo land without anybody giving a damn about them until they got home to their tiny huts, and all of a sudden, the Igbos became their enemies.
Igbos compete amongst themselves too, and the looser don't go cry about Imo, Enugu, or Anambra man, instead he goes home to fine tune his game and come back another time.
The loud minority can't have their cake and eat it. If you insist on equal share of the food, you must get an equal share of the work too.

Oh, BTW, Igbos have sea and oil--another discussion, the Yorubas wil not like!

Another fat lie
Igbos are competing and like every other tribe in Nigeria are winning siem and losing some
Anytime igbos are losing that's when they say field is not level
And you start attacking the winners
That's why you attack Yoruba banks industries churches
Bitter losers

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ispiksdatroof20: 6:02am On Jul 14, 2017
Markfemi2:

Yes SW is a British creation
The real Yoruba land is SW+Yoruba Kwara kogi and edo
Yorubas are not begging delta and edo to join them chai
South West is a Nigerian creation that was promoted by (South) Eastern politicians led by Nnamdi Azikiwe (using Anthony Enahoro as a front) to break up the power of the Yorubas by dividing their land. That whole area was formerly known as the Western Region and included present day Delta state. The Western Region was broken up into two, and from that came the Mid-west which Biafran forces invaded on their way to capture Lagos during the start of the Nigeria-Biafra war; that invasion led to a full fledged Nigerian civil war. But for that invasion, the battle would've been solely between the North and East as the MidWest (and the West ) had declared themselves neutral. The invasion left a sour taste in the mouths of the Edos, Itshekiris, Urhobos and co because the invading Ibo forces slaughtered them without remorse, removed them from seats of Governement Authority and instead put ethnic Ibos in charge of administration and governance of the region. It is no surprise then why, when Federal forces came to their rescue, the locals turned against their Ibo conquerors and joined the Federal forces in chasing them out of the Region.

The MidWest was further broken into Bendel State when states were created. Bendel state was later broken into Edo and Delta states.

Hence why it is laughable when Nnamdi Kanu and Ipob try to lay claim to any part of Nigeria after Onitsha. Either they are not cognizant of their history or they're trying to be deceptive. But, either way, if there is to ever be a Biafra the best thing would be to stop thinking of even an inch of land across the Niger River.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 6:13am On Jul 14, 2017
Ispiksdatroof20:
South West is a Nigerian creation that was promoted by (South) Eastern politicians led by Nnamdi Azikiwe (using Anthony Enahoro as a front) to break up the power of the Yorubas by dividing their land. That whole area was formerly known as the Western Region and included present day Delta state. The Western Region was broken up into two, and from that came the Mid-west which Biafran forces invaded on their way to capture Lagos during the start of the Nigeria-Biafra war; that invasion led to a full fledged Nigerian civil war. But for that invasion, the battle would've been solely between the North and East as the MidWest (and the West ) had declared themselves neutral. The invasion left a sour taste in the mouths of the Edos, Itshekiris, Urhobos and co because the invading Ibo forces slaughtered them without remorse, removed them from seats of Governement Authority and instead put ethnic Ibos in charge of administration and governance of the region. It is no surprise then why, when Federal forces came to their rescue, the locals turned against their Ibo conquerors and joined the Federal forces in chasing them out of the Region.

The MidWest was further broken into Bendel State when states were created. Bendel state was later broken into Edo and Delta states.

Hence why it is laughable when Nnamdi Kanu and Ipob try to lay claim to any part of Nigeria after Onitsha. Either they are not cognizant of their history or they're trying to be deceptive. But, either way, if there is to ever be a Biafra the best thing would be to stop thinking of even an inch of land across the Niger River.

Bitter truth served
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ispiksdatroof20: 6:15am On Jul 14, 2017
naijaking1:

Why is it only you guys everyone begs for forgiveness before they go on to the great beyond? Even when they were wronged by your tribe, someone always claims they begged for forgiveness before they died. Saro-Wiwa supposedly begged. Allegedly also did Awolowo, Adaka-Boro, Benjamin Adekunle and even Mamman Vasta. I had a Ibo Nigerian man whom ---not knowing how vast my knowledge of/and connection to Nigeria was---once tell me that Sanni Abacha's recorded last words were a plea of forgiveness from the Ibo nation. I resisted with all my strength from laughing loudly because I didn't want to be a rude host.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ispiksdatroof20: 6:31am On Jul 14, 2017
cumbak60:

Yes Igbos are domineering according to your kindergarten brain. They are so domineering that they ruled this country for more than 35 years... Kudos to their military. They are everything that is wrong with Nigeria. From political subversion to no contribution to the national economic grid. We can even sight their terrorist group that roams about, in the guise of herdsmen, raping women and killing innocent farmers. Igbos are the problem of Nigeria. They will come to your land, set up businesses and thus encourage cash flow in your area. They end up buying land and erecting structures that gives your area a modern look. They are very bad people, because even their economic activities affects the local negatively, because most locals become middlemen, suppliers and contractors, thus gaining employment on the process. Igbos are bad, I swear.
As for Ikwerre, even Akalaka, and Ochichi, an obvious Igbo names, their forebear, were forced by Igbos to bear Igbo name. This Igbo people ehn, nawa for them shocked They are super humans.
While Ibos might not specifically be the problem of Nigeria, there's no denying that they--- along with the North--- are the biggest reasons why Nigeria is the way it is today. All one has to do is go back to pre-independence Nigeria and study all the politicking that went on up until Jan.1966 to understand why blame squarely falls on those two groups. Not to say the other ethnicities haven't been at fault, but the overambitious desire to rule the whole country by politicians from those two areas has led to continual bickering that's usually left the Western Region stuck between the Devil, His Twin brother and the deep blue Atlantic Ocean.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ispiksdatroof20: 6:34am On Jul 14, 2017
attackgat:

Thats why the Biafran agitators are all calling for referendum
Will they pay to organize a referendum because it is such an expensive project? Why don't they use the money to build a second Niger bridge instead if they have access to such funds?

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Ispiksdatroof20: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2017
attackgat:

Why should Biafra be 5 states? dont you realise that the last Biafra was the entire Eastern Region? Do you know that the final president of Biafra was phlip Effiong, an Annang man?

Biafra has nothing to do with states, it has everything to do with tribes
Why wasn't Phillip Effiong made President or co-president along with Ojukwu? Why did they give him the cross to bear only after Ojukwu had fled his well fortified bunker into a private jet headed for the Ivory Coast?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okolie-Aboh Bags Chieftaincy Title: Don Okonkwo, Azubogu Celebrate Him / Esn Strikes This Morning Burning Another Bus And Its Passengers GRAPHIC VIDEO / Nairaland Politics Of Grammatical War!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.