Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger (1572 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / “I Dont Wear Pant, If My Child Makes Suspicious Money In Ghana I Wont Take” / "I Can't Suck Catarrh Out Of My Child's Nose". Lady Gets Epic Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by raynoldsbill: 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
hi nairalanders, pls my child is just 1year 7month though he has a rapid growth(at 3month old he's already growing teeth) the problem now is that he's quick to anger at first I want to let go cos the mother is always insisting he's still a child it's normal and that am over reacting to little things which is always causing disagreement between us, but I discovered he is very conscious of what he's doing and I need to stop this attitude before its too late for example while bathing him if you wash his face with soap he will want to bite you or if you didn't give him his tea on time he will throw it away. if You didn't allow him to feed himself he either throw the food away and bite you or hit his head continuously on the wall. Do u guys think am overreacting or its normal with kids. Thanks
Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by ogtavia(m): 12:12am On Jul 13, 2017
yeah...you are right...dude needs to get some chill...but let me say this...he is child and so his mind is a clean slate...he is reacting or acting based on what happens around him and the things he has seen...Children pick things up fast...watch yourself as his father and see if you have or had similar traits....

He is a very young child so you shouldn't have problem straightening him up...I repeat..most children exhibit attitudes and characters which they are exposed to. ...so you and his mum should watch yourself...Caution the people around him..he is a very intelligent boy cos he is picking up fast...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by ImaIma1(f): 12:16am On Jul 13, 2017
It is not normal. You have to be firm with him. You are the parent not the other way round. So you should control him and not him controlling u.He can't be left to have his way all the time and throw tantrums. Start taking steps to make him stop

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by emerged01(m): 1:43am On Jul 13, 2017
raynoldsbill:
hi nairalanders, pls my child is just 1year 7month though he has a rapid growth(at 3month old he's already growing teeth) the problem now is that he's quick to anger at first I want to let go cos the mother is always insisting he's still a child it's normal and that am over reacting to little things which is always causing disagreement between us, but I discovered he is very conscious of what he's doing and I need to stop this attitude before its too late for example while bathing him if you wash his face with soap he will want to bite you or if you didn't give him his tea on time he will throw it away. if You didn't allow him to feed himself he either throw the food away and bite you or hit his head continuously on the wall. Do u guys think am overreacting or its normal with kids. Thanks

I don't whether it is normal or not but my boy do exactly the same thing. My boy have rules,1, he must test the powder milk before u make the tea,else he will throw the tea away. 2 he likes biscuit and tea,na wahala if u try to help him cut the biscuit into the tea. 3 don't help him pull off his cloth,shoes and pant. 4 when eating rice and stew,don't help him stir it. There are many,those are the few I can remember. I think it is normal but I used to beat him to correct him.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Jimbiz(m): 7:23am On Jul 13, 2017
I have a friend that has that kind of boy. The boy is 3 now. U know wetin we do the small boy?
Each time he bite anyone, the person is allowed to bite him back make he feel am too. Wen he is very angry and kick his food away, na slap he dey recieve for he ear. Na slap we take reset he factory system and now He is acting normal. My brother u are an African, dont listen to people tellin u that he will get better wit time, na lie
If u liv him to continue this behaviour na ur own risk. Remember wen beatin him, always tell him him why

17 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by ahnie: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2017
Hahahahahahahahaha I just cudnt help but to laugh.

Train up a child the way he should grow so wen he/she z grown they wee not depart from it.

My 2years daughter bites alot and gives me correct isoko slaps...but I reciprocated it with same vibes.

Now wee are cool and she has stopped it.

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by joyAA(f): 9:03am On Jul 13, 2017
Jimbiz:
I have a friend that has that kind of boy. The boy is 3 now. U know wetin we do the small boy?
Each time he bite anyone, the person is allowed to bite him back make he feel am too. Wen he is very angry and kick his food away, na slap he dey recieve for he ear. Na slap we take reset he factory system and now He is acting normal. My brother u are an African, dont listen to people tellin u that he will get better wit time, na lie
If u liv him to continue this behaviour na ur own risk. Remember wen beatin him, always tell him him why

I don't know much about raising kids, but this sounds so reasonable.
He should be made to know that he isn't acting properly, so he must be corrected. Allow him cry, but when he starts throwing things around or biting. Then by all means reciprocate. He should learn about repercussions at this stage.
Wish you all the best in raising your little man wink

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2017
Jimbiz:
Each time he bite anyone, the person is allowed to bite him back make he feel am too. Wen he is very angry and kick his food away, Na slap he dey receive for ear. Na slap we take reset he factory system and now He is acting normal. My brother u are an African, dont listen to people tellin u that he will get better wit time, na lie
Of all the places to slap a child?.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 13, 2017
emerged01:

I don't whether it is normal or not but my boy do exactly the same thing. My boy have rules,1, he must test the powder milk before u make the tea,else he will throw the tea away. 2 he likes biscuit and tea,na wahala if u try to help him cut the biscuit into the tea. 3 don't help him pull off his cloth,shoes and pant. 4 when eating rice and stew,don't help him stare it. There are many,those are the few I can remember. I think it is normal but I used to beat him to correct him.
I love your boy. grin Seems like someone who has made rules for himself right from when he was in his mother's belly.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by emerged01(m): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2017
Benita27:
I love your boy. grin Seems like someone who has made rules for himself right from when he was in his mother's belly.
Lol! I think kids are like that. They are fun to be with but sometimes it can be stressful to have them around.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 13, 2017
emerged01:

Lol! I think kids are like that. They are fun to be with but sometimes it can be stressful to have them around.
Exactly!. They'll definitely outgrow certain attitudes they exhibit now.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by emerged01(m): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2017
Benita27:
Exactly!. They'll definitely outgrow certain attitudes they exhibit now.

Yes,that is what op should know. There is no cause for alarm. My mum used to tell me how I gave her a correct sounding slapgrin when I was like my boy. She said that slap always ring bell in her memory till todaygrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Ginaz(f): 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
That was how my little cousin was then, she can bite you into convulsion. undecided

I was on my own jejely, she decided to bite me. When you get what you ain't expecting, it shocks your body.... That was how the bite shook my skeleton out of my body.

I said "yeh" today na me and you... I gave her the hardest bite ever, like I was chewing a Christmas chicken. Not minding anybody undecided

She started crying, my teeth marks on her arms like art decoration . Her mother came and was shouting what I did, I showed her the scar her biting biting pikin gave to me.

Since then...she bites only her food.

O.p you better cane your child, send his brain to the normal position.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by MrHenshaw: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
raynoldsbill:

U are coming here to complain of an innocent baby of 1+ and his anger.
Either he took it from you or your wife.So both of you should ask your different parents how they coped with both of you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
emerged01:

I don't whether it is normal or not but my boy do exactly the same thing. My boy have rules,1, he must test the powder milk before u make the tea,else he will throw the tea away. 2 he likes biscuit and tea,na wahala if u try to help him cut the biscuit into the tea. 3 don't help him pull off his cloth,shoes and pant. 4 when eating rice and stew,don't help him stare it. There are many,those are the few I can remember. I think it is normal but I used to beat him to correct him.
There are many others you didn't mention? Really? Well d quicker you start making d rules the better for you. Imagine him 15years from now still calling d shots...I doubt your mild correctional pattern will be of any use then.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
raynoldsbill:
It ain't a big deal for now till he's a bit over 2years and completely capable of manipulating and emotionally blackmailin you (oh yes trust me our kids now are oddly smarter than we ever were) , then you can keep a cane nearby. For now he's innocent and acquitted. **modified** i skipped where u said he started teeth growing at 3months Lol. Well, i suggest if your spouse disagrees...you try good cop bad cop. So you don't start a fight. In her absence you can be d disciplinarian. Cheers

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by ImaIma1(f): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
siakhris:
It ain't a big deal for now till he's a bit over 2years and completely capable of manipulating and emotionally blackmailin you (oh yes trust me our kids now are oddly smarter than we ever were) , then you can keep a cane nearby. For now he's innocent and acquitted. **modified** i skipped where u said he started teeth growing at 3months Lol. Well, i suggest if your spouse disagrees...you try good cop bad cop. So you don't start a fight. In her absence you can be d disciplinarian. Cheers

It's really a big deal. My neighbour allowed their to be saying he was still a child. Now he is over 2yrs old and he throws tantrums around...pees on himself even if he can talk and say he needs to pee. He cries endlessly. He could cry non stop for over an hour. They are finding it hard to correct him now.

Op i think you should start correcting him now. Do not think he is too young and he doesn't know what he is doing. Imagine my friend's 3month old that hides her thumb in a cloth to suck anytime her thumb is pulled out from her mouth when she is sucking. 3months old...i was weak.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by emerged01(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
siakhris:
There are many others you didn't mention? Really? Well d quicker you start making d rules the better for you. Imagine him 15years from now still calling d shots...I doubt your mild correctional pattern will be of any use then.

If you read my post carefully you will understand me. There is a stage when a kid thinks he can do all by himself/herself. As they grow they watch you as a father doing things on your own without assistance of anybody.
When you come back from work,in your kid's presence u will pull off your shoes,your cloth without assistance. So when he comes from school,he will say "don't pull it for me". He also feel he can do it on his own(no crime committed). You will realize when he can do it,he wil come back to you and say help me. That's kid for you,they need to be understood.
Yea,I agreed with you,you must set rules for them but they have their own rules you will have to follow to make them comfortable when they are around you. When he sees you as a father and unharmed friend,he will build a trust in you. With him trusting,you can always get him to do what you want him to do without force.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by ImaIma1(f): 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2017
emerged01:

If you read my post carefully you will understand me. There is a stage when a kid thinks he can do all by himself/herself. As they grow they watch you as a father doing things on your own without assistance of anybody.
When you come back from work,in your kid's presence u will pull off your shoes,your cloth without assistance. So when he comes from school,he will say "don't pull it for me". He also feel he can do it on his own(no crime committed). You will realize when he can do it,he wil come back to you and say help me. That's kid for you,they need to be understood.
Yea,I agreed with you,you must set rules for them but they have their own rules you will have to follow to make them comfortable when they are around you. When he sees you as a father and unharmed friend,he will build a trust in you. With him trusting,you can always get him to do what you want him to do without force.

But he can't be allowed to do things like an adult when he is still a toddler. The fact that daddy can go out on his own doesn't mean he can. Children at this age do not set any rules. They need guidance from parents.

I learnt a lot from taking care of my nephews when they were toddlers. They want to watch tv while eating or bring their potty to the living room to poo. But i had to stop it. And they do not end up eating their food. So i started turning off the tv until they finished their food. And making them ask permission to watch tv.
I am very loving but very strict. Kids need the balance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by poshestmina(f): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
MrHenshaw:

U are coming here to complain of an innocent baby of 1+ and his anger.
Either he took it from you or your wife.So both of you should ask your different parents how they coped with both of you.

No sir, that's not always true... my 7/8 months old nephew then, if he cries much before his mother picks him up to breastfeed ,he makes sure he bites her n***les..
Sin and wickedness are already man's second nature!

Op,don't overlook please start beating him till he stops. If he beats or bite anyone, they should do same to him, if he throws his food away, ignore him, let him stay hungry for a while ,next time he'll think twice before acting up.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
ImaIma1:

It's really a big deal. My neighbour allowed their to be saying he was still a child. Now he is over 2yrs old and he throws tantrums around...pees on himself even if he can talk and say he needs to pee. He cries endlessly. He could cry non stop for over an hour. They are finding it hard to correct him now.

Op i think you should start correcting him now. Do not think he is too young and he doesn't know what he is doing. Imagine my friend's 3month old that hides her thumb in a cloth to suck anytime her thumb is pulled out from her mouth when she is sucking. 3months old...i was weak.
Your valid points weren't far fetched from mine. I suggested he gets to the business of correcting d kid didn't i? but also to do it wisely so he and his wife don't start a tribal war as she's yet to agree to it. 2years and above a child is fully aware of all d existing emotions wired in man and his environment becomes a determinant to which emotion(s) he exhibits often and which becomes dominant... What u don't start correcting then, may take ages to correct later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
ImaIma1:

But he can't be allowed to do things like an adult when he is still a toddler. The fact that daddy can go out on his own doesn't mean he can. Children at this age do not set any rules. They need guidance from parents.

I learnt a lot from taking care of my nephews when they were toddlers. They want to watch tv while eating or bring their potty to the living room to poo. But i had to stop it. And they do not end up eating their food. So i started turning off the tv until they finished their food. And making them ask permission to watch tv.
I am very loving but very strict. Kids need the balance.

I totally agree.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by carammel(f): 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
It is normal for kids to behave like that,they always want to call the shot and be above the parents.
In my case,i have a small stick i use on his legs sometimes,this has made him adjust. At the mention of cane,he cooperates immediately.
While using this cane,don't beat him everytime he does something wrong,only beat him when he least expects,always on the legs and not any other part.
Many of them would cry to blackmail you,whenever he cries,allow him,he will get tired and keep quiet or sleep off.
Like someone wrote up there,watch how you behave with others in his presence,kids pick our actions better that our words.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by MrHenshaw: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
poshestmina:

No sir, that's not always true... my 7/8 months old nephew then, if he cries much before his mother picks him up to breastfeed ,he makes sure he bites her n***les..
Sin and wickedness are already man's second nature!

Op,don't overlook please start beating him till he stops. If he beats or bite anyone, they should do same to him, if he throws his food away, ignore him, let him stay hungry for a while ,next time he'll think twice before acting up.

My Dear listen and recieve my advice if you care.We have what is called child "psychopathology".Whatever the child is doing is as a result of psychology,social or genetic.At 1+ ,d child doesn't have much doing with social but a little of psychology(development still elementary stage).U can see it is more of genetic, meaning it runs in DNA of the parents.lf he is a child exposed to environment,l can blame social or association.D only environment he first understood was the womb and after delivery d parents home.
Beating him or starving him leads him to what is called fixation in psychology (withdrawal syndrome effect etc) which has it's very ugly challenges in future.For your information,u think beating or starving scare some children?No my dear.
The child needs a corrective therapy to put him in line.
I am not a supporter of a "wild" child but before we take action ,we should trace d root cause.Just like you can't give proper medicine without running an adequate text.
Let me leave here dear.PM for more n elaborate clarification.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2017
It's very obvious you are distant from your kid and he doesn't feel a connection I love kids and I understand them a lot, don't be a ceremonial parent make out time and spend with your kid. I have a close friend that her son could legit cry if he isn't fed and he's a big boy(4 years), he just loves it when he's fed and discussed with, children have a beautiful and imaginative mind try and form bonds now it's early before you breed an antisocial child.
When you beat a child chances are that you are making your child timid and lowering his self confidence, there's nothing discussion can't solve if you feel the need to beat pick on your mate. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Pavore9: 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
emerged01:

Thumbs up! It reminds me of my class in psychology of parenting.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by nnamdiosu(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2017
Ginaz:
That was how my little cousin was then, she can bite you into convulsion. undecided

I was on my own jejely, she decided to bite me. When you get what you ain't expecting, it shocks your body.... That was how the bite shook my skeleton out of my body.

I said "yeh" today na me and you... I gave her the hardest bite ever, like I was chewing a Christmas chicken. Not minding anybody undecided

She started crying, my teeth marks on her arms like art decoration . Her mother came and was shouting what I did, I showed her the scar her biting biting pikin gave to me.

Since then...she bites only her food.

O.p you better cane your child, send his brain to the normal position.

Ur a comedian of the hugest degree cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Child's Anger by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2020
E don reach to flog.

(1) (Reply)

Tutsi Women Cheating When Married To Hutu Men Is Culturally Codified! / Lady Finds Out Husband Sleeping With Bestfriend Supporting D Family Financially / Please What Is The Best Rechargable Fan To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.