Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,115 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (587840 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
Funsho Adeolu knows the real deal cool

Just found more standard footwear manufacturers that are Yorùbás grin

More misery for Aba made rubbish. Posting them soon.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
obaaderemi:
The guy na yoruba.You took him 4 someone else.
Dont mind me jare. Na mistake
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2017

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
Another saucy One

Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi's female shoe brand

This is called Gbemisoke shoes. Sauce ti poju cool

Our innovative and diligent women are leading, theirs have occupied 95% of the brothels in Lagos grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
neoOduduwa:
LMAO

Just found out Zack Orji went to an Itele store to upgrade his shoe rack grin

Nigga knows what's good for him. Not surprised he's not buying his brothers' fake wears cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5668709_img20170716230623_pngaa06ac4d5926e102990aa1a9a59e9cdb

grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
mercyville:

I knew it was a mistake.Yoruba rocks!
Egbon, ema binu simi jare. I thought you were one of those red muders from the east.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by 20CRATES(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
neoOduduwa:
When I saw those shoes, Mo fo fun won grin

Here's their address : Suite1, D'Rovan, Wallan hotel, Ring road, Ibadan

Also check their website out - [url]itelewears.com[/url]

Those guys are so organised. Lots of potentials and real quality, unlike some cursed mofos always looking for quick cash-ins on fake products. Awon oloriburuku somebody.

woow
like wow... that website tongue kiss

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
In DJ Khaled's voice: Another One

This is another Yorùbá brand called Kony Republic. He makes his own products and also retails other bespoke brands

The owner is actually the official shoemaker for Ooni of Ife

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
ODVanguard:
And let's not forget Tunde Owolabi's one of a kind Ethnik brand of Shoes, bags and Accessories made from Aso-Oke fabric.
https://www.ethnik.com.ng

[img]https://2.bp..com/-jEPeA1BaLDw/V0m9hNqFIxI/AAAAAAAAF8I/EGBnxdKIUpIdmSlXR5f8MLGJvcBGy1wtACLcB/s1600/IMG_0053.jpg[/img]

Ah, omo! See creativity at its' peak!! cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by obaaderemi: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2017
laudate:

Ah, omo! See creativity at its' peak!! cool
Those ibos have a loooooot to learn from the yorubas when it comes to branding.See international level branding from the yorubas as against saka saka(old sack)packaging from our ibo brothers.Their lack of humility is holding them back.

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ekealterego: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
mercyville:

Mouth does not win a competition or war but plan,strategy,action and facing the realties do.Anybody who wants to know who produces or owns companies more than the other between Yorubas and Igbos should just read from page one slowly and would be amazed and know why Yoruba or SW is the 3rd economy in Africa...such big biznesses some I know and beleive were owned by Oyinbos.This thread is really an eye opener especially for me but I hope the Igbos are not keeping back some companies which might overturn this landslide victory for the Yorubas.All said I think the govt should help Innoson because he has a very big dream and I think the sky is the limit if he can get it right.I really enjoyed this thread.Yorubas have really locked down the Nigerian economy..WOW!.
Yoruba 3rd largest economy in Africa? Lol. Why are you fooling yourself.. what indices did you use to come to this conclusion.
Reality check my friend, 95% of Nigeria's total earnings comes from crude oil. Then, if you remove Lagos (which is not an exclusive Yoruba state (Igbos own most of the choice properties there by the way), South west won't be different from the North East.
Apart from that, on a per capita basis, it is clear that Yorubas are not richer, so what are we saying?
I agree that you might have more old money than the Igbos but when it comes to new money, forget it, you don't stand a chance.
Look for something more plausible to post than posting tissue paper owners and plastic chairs which you have been using to spam the thread.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by obaaderemi: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

Yoruba 3rd largest economy in Africa? Lol. Why are you fooling yourself.. what indices did you use to come to this conclusion.
Reality check my friend, 95% of Nigeria's total earnings comes from crude oil. Then, if you remove Lagos (which is not an exclusive Yoruba state (Igbos own most of the choice properties there by the way), South west won't be different from the North East.
Apart from that, on a per capita basis, it is clear that Yorubas are not richer, so what are we saying?
I agree that you might have more old money than the Igbos but when it comes to new money, forget it, you don't stand a chance.
Look for something more plausible to post than posting tissue paper owners and plastic chairs which you have been using to spam the thread.
Oil contributes 10%of nigeria's GDP.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

You people just like throwing numbers around. Which 'most choice properties' in Lagos do Igbos own abeg? Where are they located? Is it the ones at Festac or Ajegunle The NorthEast would probably be more viable than the SouthEast but for the Boko Haram scourge, as the last IGR revenues report showed. You people are the least viable region (if we take out the NorthEast), inspite of all your noises and chestbeating. You can't even make your region attractive enough for you lot to wanna remain there and earn a living without emigrating all over the place like nomads. I don't know why you people like feeling important with yourselves.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ekealterego: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
neoOduduwa:
Funsho Adeolu knows the real deal cool

Just found more standard footwear manufacturers that are Yorùbás grin

More misery for Aba made rubbish. Posting them soon.
That's why your supreme leader left all these people to patronise made in ABA shoes. Lol.
Your governors are sending Yoruba youths to ABA to learn trade
Who is fooling who?

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:
Yoruba 3rd largest economy in Africa? Lol. Why are you fooling yourself.. what indices did you use to come to this conclusion. Reality check my friend, 95% of Nigeria's total earnings comes from crude oil. Then, if you remove Lagos (which is not an exclusive Yoruba state (Igbos own most of the choice properties there by the way), South west won't be different from the North East.
Keep consoling yourself. sad Your claim that 'Igbos own most of the choice properties there by the way,' is not backed by any data, empirical evidence, statistics or hard facts. Several posts have been made concerning the landholdings of estate developers in Lagos, which shows the Yorubas are clearly the largest property owners in Lagos. Yet, you pretend not to see it. sad

Several posts have also been made about Yoruba businessmen and industrialists who are engaged in business activities worth billions, from construction, to logistics, aluminium cans manufacturing, medical evacuation services, media ownership, oil and gas, telecoms and even haulage. Yet, you still claim that they are nothing more than 'tissue paper owners and plastic chair manufacturers,' even though it was your brothers that first started posting pictures of Igbo businessmen engaged in such activities. It is okay. undecided

We can all see that you are suffering from bad belle of the highest order, so whatever you cannot aspire to, you intend to pull it down. sad I pray God cures you soon of this malaise. You are going to need more help, as these people continue to record more successes in their endeavours. cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by yomexp(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
neoOduduwa:

Another saucy One

Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi's female shoe brand

This is called Gbemisoke shoes. Sauce ti poju cool

Our innovative and diligent women are leading, theirs have occupied 95% of the brothels in Lagos grin
lubbish! see our Aba international made shoes

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ekealterego: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
ODVanguard:

You people just like throwing numbers around. Which 'most choice properties' in Lagos do Igbos own abeg? Where are the located? Is it the ones at Festac or Ajegunle The NorthEast would probably be more viable than the SouthEast but for the Boko Haram scourge, as the last IGR revenues report showed. You people are the least viable region (if we take out the NorthEast), inspite of all your noises and chestbeating. You can't even make your region attractive enough for you lot to wanna remain there and earn a living without emigrating all over the place like nomads. I don't know why you people like feeling important with yourselves.
Your IGR in Lagos, who is responsible for its size?
You sit in your home and know what's going on in the south east. Lol who is fooling who?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
[s]
Ekealterego:

That's why your supreme leader left all these people to patronise made in ABA shoes. Lol.
Your governors are sending Yoruba youths to ABA to learn trade
Who is fooling who?
[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5668709_img20170716230623_pngaa06ac4d5926e102990aa1a9a59e9cdb

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

You sit in your home and know what's going on in the south east. Lol who is fooling who?

Yes you are because you pay billions in IGR off the gala, pure water and fake CD you peddle and dirty lagos with.

Comedians.. grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by yomexp(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5669281_biafrashoes_jpeg3c092f68e21e04d8e37cd15dba630d41

Who are you trying to impress with this rubbish?

The only market for this color riot rubbish is jaimica rastafarians..

You people have zero class, zero style, zero sophistication, everything is so crude and crass..

grin grin grin grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ekealterego: 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
laudate:

Keep consoling yourself. sad Your claim that 'Igbos own most of the choice properties there by the way,' is not backed by any data, empirical evidence or hard facts. Several posts have been made concerning the landholdings of estate developers in Lagos, which shows the Yorubas are largest property owners in Lagos. Yet, you pretend not to see it. sad

Several posts have also been made about Yoruba businessmen and industrialists who are engaged in business activities worth billions, spanning industries from construction, to logistics, aluminium cans manufacturing, oil and gas, telecoms and even haulage. Yet, you still claim that they are nothing more than 'tissue paper owners and plastic chair manufacturers,' even though it was your brothers that first started posting pictures of Igbo businessmen engaged in such activities. It is okay. undecided

We can all see that you are suffering from bad belle of the highest order, so whatever you cannot aspire to, you intend to pull it down. sad I pray God cures you soon of this malaise. You are going to need more help, as these people continue to record more successes in their endeavours. cheesy
Your own case is different.
In a different group you claim to be Edo, another one you are Delta, here you are Yoruba. Where do you belong to? Impostor!!
The truth is, the Igbo are the engine room of trade and commerce in Nigeria. In the industry, we dey also.
SOME Yorubas might have old money in the past but that is past as you can see from the brown roofs that is characteristic of your towns.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

In a different group you claim to be Edo, another one you are Delta, here you are Yoruba. Where do you belong to? Impostor!!
The truth is, the Igbo are the engine room of trade and commerce in Nigeria. In the industry, we dey also.
SOME Yorubas might have old money in the past but that is past as you can see from the brown roofs that is characteristic of your towns.

This is very false.
Yoruba leads. Ibos have no proof.

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekiti governor is the biggest idiot in the polity of Nigeria. FYI, when Ekiti indigenes got to Ibo land they realized that Ibos only made fake stuff. Our Yoruba brothers had to teach Ibos how to make authentic products.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5669266_screenshot20170717174411_jpeg1800fe64f3549c7493458be73b3a496d
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ekealterego: 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
kn23h:

This is very false.
Yoruba leads. Ibos have no proof.

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:
I have never claimed to be Edo, Delta or Yoruba. shocked Abeg you in the name of God, please provide solid, incontrovertible proof to show that Laudate is Edo, Delta or Yoruba. Kindly include the name of his village, local govt area, traditional ruler and directions to his community, while you are at it. Every correct answer gets 20 marks. cool We are waiting!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2017

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

Ode, MOST of Lagos IGR comes from PAYE taxes from the formal sector of which Yorubas constitute the bulk. #Fact. Your people are majorly traders who operate mainly in the informal sector and evade taxes. How come your SE states have have such abysmally low IGR upon all the kpangolo noises y'all make about being commercially viable? How can a bunch of nomads from an unviable region be responsible for the IGR of SW states? Does that make sense to even you? Ogun state IGR alone is higher than that of all your SE states combined! #Fact. You people just like flattering yourselves and feeling important when in actual fact you are inconsequential. If your region was so better off, why are your people refusing to leave the North after their youths gave you guys the famous ultimatum? Yeye dey smell.

http://www.herald.ng/we-depend-on-fgs-allocation-to-survive-restructuring-will-not-favour-us-ebonyi-gov-umahi/

Ebonyi State Governor:

Former Imo state Governor:

http://punchng.com/igbo-worst-hit-by-recession-ohakim/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Obasanjo, Saraki and Fayose wore this shoe for political reason. I thought Ibos were smarter than this. Obasanjo wore the shoes for a day, then he had his maid burn it.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5669364_screenshot20170717173910_jpeg4e6221eb6056ee4c444ca1b66ab4c032

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Origamist: 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yemi Osunkoya - Kosibah

laudate, do you know if Alistair Soyode of BenTV is Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2017

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 5:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
Origamist:
Yemi Osunkoya - Kosibah

laudate, do you know if Alistair Soyode of BenTV is Yoruba?
I believe he is. Soyode does sound Yoruba, and Alistair who is British-Nigerian, has never denied his links to Nigeria. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.