Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (584181 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

He knew Afhonganistan had nothing to offer his people.
What then is your supreme leader doing in ABA?
Why didn't he patronise all your 'nice' shoes?
Who is fooling who?

Listen stupid punk. Your shoemakers are the ones begging for attention, Sotay your governor feels he has to go as far as cajoling our OBJ to help sell your substandard pseudo-brand ('Aba-made') that has become renowned and synonymous with everything substandard/fake. OBJ was merely playing his part in trying to rebrand/repackage a damaged pseudo-brand.

Our own entrepreneurs are actually doing quite well. They have healthy brands that don't carry the 'Aba-made' baggage. These entrepreneurs are more sophisticated and 'I.T compliant' -- they don't just have physical retail outlets/stores and world-class packaging, but also have online presence -- they have active, attractive and well maintained websites and social media presence that will make anyone want to identify with their brand.

Now, that's a level your Aba shoemakers are yet to attain. The other day they were fretting coz Ikpeazu was trying to bring in Chinese investors into the Aba Shomaking space, obviously coz they can't compete and know for a fact that they'll lose whatever else is left of their current market share.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/aba-shoe-makers-jittery-chinese-shoe-magnets-investment-aba/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

That's why your supreme leader left all these people to patronise made in ABA shoes. Lol.
Your governors are sending Yoruba youths to ABA to learn trade
Who is fooling who?
Indeed. Whatever he did was for the camera. Baba never even wore a suit throughout his tenure. Proud Yorùbá man always repping the set. Maybe you should ask E-Money why he's always wearing Yorùbá attires, nigga knows better than to wear your ugly wrappers and Manchester United beanie cap grin

Potopoto people are the dumbest uncivilized savages on earth. Very easy to tame, all you have to do is act for the camera and tell them whatever they want to hear grin

Anyway, your crude artisans are so good in footwear manufacturing that Zack Orji chose to shop Itele products. Abeg sit down, eat Akpu and be humble. grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

Well, this is the reality on ground. Your masters up North have agreed with my assertions.

Guy, if you actually believe that crap then your parents wasted money on your education coz you are an abysmal failure. The person that supposedly said that himself doesn't even believe it.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
Origamist:

ok bro.
Has Adkan Group been posted grin?
No, never heard of Adkan Group. What do they do? cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tayo & Ayo Amusan

CHAIRMAN & MANAGING DIRECTOR, PERSIANAS GROUP

"Tayo and Ayo Amusan are a couple with a vision to grow the Nigerian retail sector at a steady pace,” said Omoyemi Akerele . “Persianas [their development company] built the first mall of international standards in Nigeria and currently own five spread across Nigeria in Lagos, Ibadan, Kwara, Enugu and soon to be launched Abuja. The company's retail arm has successfully launched franchises such as Hugo Boss and Lacoste."

An early entrant into the burgeoning Nigerian retail scene, Tayo used his 25-year property experience to build The Palms, a 45,000 square metre property. Situated on Lagos’ Lekki Peninsula, the mall-complex has 69 retail stores, among other facilities.

While Tayo is focused on the property aspect of Persianas, Ayo oversees its retailers. Appointed director of retain in 2011, Ayo has been involved in the retail industry since 1998. She holds an MSc in Risk Management from Cass Business School, City University, London, the city in which she began her career working in strategy and budgeting. It was Ayo who led Persianas’ negotiations to secure the Hugo Boss, Puma and Lacoste franchises.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/community/people/tayo-ayo-amusan

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
Oxtonguy:
grin grin grin chest beaters as usual, I heard you guys ranting you are enterprising cheesy lol you think owning 4times4 shop is property investment.

Polo park mall Enugu, own by Tayo amusan a Yoruba man this is the biggest shopping mall in the east grin we want you guys to experience little of what we are experiencing here. Now this is an investment not puny shops grin

So shocked yoruba man owns that mall after all ? shocked

Yey, but I saw this in one of these ibojews threads claiming ownership of the mall shocked

Eh grin

Ha shocked shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by yomexp(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
neoOduduwa:
friendly fire
grin grin grin ; ẹgban check my handle wella! mo n finger brain bobo yen ni grin

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2017

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

He knew Afhonganistan had nothing to offer his people.
What then is your supreme leader doing in ABA?
Why didn't he patronise all your 'nice' shoes?
Who is fooling who?
We produce more quaility than your people do. Obasanjo is a "One Nigeria" man. So he will do anything to keep Nigeria. He is not doing that because he loves your product, but to keep you in Nigeria. He knows everything about you guys. Just tell an Igbo man what he wants to hear and and watch him worship you.
There is nothing you produce in your land that we dont produce BEST.
This is fact.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ekealterego: 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
ODVanguard:

Listen stupid punk. Your shoemakers are the ones begging for attention, Sotay your governor feels he has to go as far as cajoling our OBJ to help sell your substandard pseudo-brand ('Aba-made') that has become renowned and synonymous with everything substandard/fake. OBJ was merely playing his part in trying to rebrand/repackage a damaged pseudo-brand.

Our own entrepreneurs are actually doing quite well. They have healthy brands that don't carry the 'Aba-made' baggage. These entrepreneurs are more sophisticated and 'I.T compliant' -- they don't just have physical retail stores and world-class packaging, but also have online presence -- they have active, attractive and well maintained websites and social media presence that will make anyone want to identify with their brand.

Now, that's a level your Aba shoemakers are yet to attain. The other day they were fretting coz Ikpeazu was trying to bring in Chinese investors into the Aba Shomaking space, obviously coz they can't compete and know for a fact that they'll lose whatever else is left of their current market share.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/aba-shoe-makers-jittery-chinese-shoe-magnets-investment-aba/
But your governors don't share your views

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ekealterego: 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
totit:

So shocked yoruba man owns that mall after all ? shocked

Yey, but I saw this in one of these ibojews threads claiming ownership of the mall shocked

Eh grin

Ha shocked shocked shocked
You celebrate for establishing one mall when we have several in your land. Who is greater than Slot Nigeria in IT sales and Distribution?

Who is greater than Nnamdi Ezeigbo?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
ODVanguard:
And let's not forget Tunde Owolabi's one of a kind Ethnik brand of Shoes, bags and Accessories made from Aso-Oke fabric.

https://www.ethnik.com.ng

[img]https://2.bp..com/-jEPeA1BaLDw/V0m9hNqFIxI/AAAAAAAAF8I/EGBnxdKIUpIdmSlXR5f8MLGJvcBGy1wtACLcB/s1600/IMG_0053.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-fuC9B3PG86w/VdJBEveKnGI/AAAAAAAAKLg/2lZBn_KK2Ck/s1600/Ethnik%2BPlimsolls%2BCollage.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-oKomwAjzjEw/VdJFlprPQ8I/AAAAAAAAKMU/vOOESsjbcIc/s1600/Ethnik16.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-XEUCZ2j7MD4/VdJAiuvuydI/AAAAAAAAKLY/pgVExRGUD5Q/s1600/Ethnik%2BSandals%2BCollage2.jpg[/img]

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is crazy man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

You celebrate for establishing one mall when we have several in your land. Who is greater than Slot Nigeria in IT sales and Distribution?

Ibos don't own any mall in Yorubaland. Post the pictures and stop the falsehood.

Ibos are known for their deceit and lies.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

But your governors don't share your views

I already called you out earlier over this same image you keep repeating. Read the text therein again, and this time slowly, so you can comprehend its import. According to that headline, Fayose was sending his boys to Abia and Anambra to TEACH your people about 'Stomach Infrastructure'. So you see that the joke is actually on you?

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
ODVanguard:
And let's not forget Tunde Owolabi's one of a kind Ethnik brand of Shoes, bags and Accessories made from Aso-Oke fabric.

https://www.ethnik.com.ng

[img]https://2.bp..com/-jEPeA1BaLDw/V0m9hNqFIxI/AAAAAAAAF8I/EGBnxdKIUpIdmSlXR5f8MLGJvcBGy1wtACLcB/s1600/IMG_0053.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-fuC9B3PG86w/VdJBEveKnGI/AAAAAAAAKLg/2lZBn_KK2Ck/s1600/Ethnik%2BPlimsolls%2BCollage.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-oKomwAjzjEw/VdJFlprPQ8I/AAAAAAAAKMU/vOOESsjbcIc/s1600/Ethnik16.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-XEUCZ2j7MD4/VdJAiuvuydI/AAAAAAAAKLY/pgVExRGUD5Q/s1600/Ethnik%2BSandals%2BCollage2.jpg[/img]

sirshymexx and sukkot, are you seeing these lovely products?

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

Yet you region is the poorest down south, the with lowest, most embarrassing IGR?

See aba products, is this what you call I.t and business? grin I feel your pain, bro.

This is the worst time to be ibojews grin

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
yomexp:
friendly fire
grin grin grin ; ẹgban check my handle wella! mo n finger brain bobo yen ni grin
Holy shiit grin

I don understand. My bad bro

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by yomexp(m): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
yomexp:
friendly fire
Ba-aa-ad boy! wink That previous post you made, was meant to mock that Igbo chap. I don laugh tire today.... cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
Oxtonguy:
grin grin grin chest beaters as usual, I heard you guys ranting you are enterprising cheesy lol you think owning 4times4 shop is property investment.

Polo park mall Enugu, own by Tayo amusan a Yoruba man this is the biggest shopping mall in the east grin we want you guys to experience little of what we are experiencing here. Now this is an investment not puny shops grin
She is a fine woman
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
Stop the falsehood cool

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by yomexp(m): 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
laudate:

Ba-aa-ad boy! wink That previous post you made, was meant to mock that Igbo chap. I don laugh tire today.... cheesy
yes boss grin grin grin grin you are doing a great job sir!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

Eewo!! shocked Maka gini? SLOT, kwa? shocked The same SLOT that rents his shops from the malls built by Yoruba landlords in Lagos? Don't let me open Nnamdi Ezeigbo's yansh for here. I respect him, but he does not own all the buildings where his outlets or shops, are located. He rents most of them. He only sells phones and tablets. So what do you mean by 'IT sales and distribution?' Does SLOT sell software, hard-core computer hardware, servers, routers, catalyst switches or cloud services?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yoruba women - Beauty and brain

Nigerian Entrepreneur Maureen Obaweya Brands Her Luxury Designs With Developing World Market Flavors

According to a Babson College study, she is among the over 126 million women entrepreneurs running businesses in over 70 countries worldwide

Featured on Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-wisenthal/nigerian-entrepreneur-mau_b_6708928.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ekealterego:

You'd bash the same Northerners if the statement was against you. But whenever they say something that favours you, you start licking their ass grin

Potopoto people are jokers I swear. Despite all the factual posts on this thread, you still choose to believe the bland 70% story

Ibos own 70%, Lebanese own 20%, Chinese own 7% and Yorùbás own 3% right? Clap for yourself, you're very smart grin

Whatever floats your boat anyway, useless potopoto cannibal

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Origamist: 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2017
laudate:

No, never heard of Adkan Group. What do they do? cheesy
http://www.adkanservices.com.ng/
construction,paints,food etc.
I came across a satchet of De Royal noodles while viewing this thread so I decided to google the company that produces it.
I discovered it's produced by Royal Mills and Food a subsidiary of Adkan Group whose CEO is one Adeyinka Bibilari grin.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
Origamist:

http://www.adkanservices.com.ng/

construction,paints,food etc.
I came across a satchet of De Royal noodles while viewing this thread so I decided to google the company that produces it.
I discovered it's produced by Royal Food and Mills a subsidiary of Adkan Group whose CEO is one Adeyinka Bibilari grin.
Egbon, God bless you! cool Should I research and post their details here, or would you do the honours? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
Adunola House owned by the Olaniwun Ajayi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Origamist: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
laudate:

Egbon, God bless you! cool Should I research and post their details here, or would you do the honours? cheesy
you the boss now.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
The prioblem with Yoruba politicians is that they're too involved in politics. Dem fit say kata kata to get votes.

We must stop the falsehood

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5669752_clipimage001_png848bcba92f4814c30f09a9d093986ac3

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Guestlander: 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
This thread is a brutal take down of the myth about Ibo business dominance. Yorubas are quietly doing their own thing without irrelevant noise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dumaknesset:
Adunola House owned by the Olaniwun Ajayi
Wait... is this the one that houses his law firm in that rich enclave called Banana Island in Ikoyi? shocked

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (319) (Reply)

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.