Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (593748 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
ibkayee:

Huh?
good....what I mean is that , after scrolling through d thread....if u wanna make a comment on it as I asked earlier...tell me ur view on this thread and not that thread.

thanks.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ibkayee(f): 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2017
shervydman:

good....what I mean is that , after scrolling through d thread....if u wanna make a comment on it as I asked earlier...tell me ur view on this thread and not that thread.

thanks.
Nothing to do with this thread, I'll just tag you in another if I have anything to say
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
ibkayee:

Nothing to do with this thread, I'll just tag you in another if I have anything to say
OK, better ....thanks.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
goldrushbooks:

That is always the state of mind of a product of a yoruba father and Igbo mother, always trying to pitch with the mother.No one has issues with your mom, just her mealy mouthed empty headed kinsmen.

Yoruba despite the dysfunctional system have demonstrated they are not only a force to be reckon with in Africa, but a gale that will sweep off all confused lots who rather use there left hands to describe their fathers'houses.

You hit the nail on the head. You've said it all. All, I mean, 'all'
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Thegamingorca(m): 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
ibkayee:

Huh?
yoruba movement...
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Thegamingorca(m): 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
This topic is swarming with bigots

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 7:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thegamingorca:
This topic is swarming with bigots

I wonder who asked you. Totit and Ibkaye, did you ask him?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ibkayee(f): 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
okway:

I didn't o
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
ibkayee:

I didn't o

Na wa o. Maybe na totit. Who keeps dragging these trash in here?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
okway:

I didn't.

NL is an online faceless platform, a place where baboon,donkey and even demons often have a say..

Never mind..those inconsequential fellas whose opinions hold no water in Aba not to talk of the almighty blessed SW and her people. For who God has blessed no man can curse. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
totit:

I didn't.

NL is an online faceless platform, a place where baboon,donkey and even demons often have a say..

Never mind..those inconsequential fellas whose opinions hold no water in Aba not to talk of the almighty blessed SW and her people. For who God has blessed no man can curse. cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ibkayee(f): 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
okway:

Na wa o. Maybe na totit. Who keeps dragging these trash in here?
Lol success attracts everyone and even the trash aren't excluded

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Thegamingorca(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
okway:

Yup neanderthals full here
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 1:10am On Sep 09, 2017
Thegamingorca:
Yup neanderthals full here
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 09, 2017
Bifwoli:

Shut up i bụghị nna m ukwu .So you decide if and when i can't use my husband's Nairaland account? I know Naija well coz i hail form Enugu you fool.

My kenian partner is tired of Nairaland he's got better things to do. Just get both of us banned we've other more important stuff to do anyway.

I thought you were married to a Yoruba woman as you claimed on beefy's thread
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ritchiee: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2017
ADELEKE UNIVERSITY

ritchiee:

Adeleke University is a privately owned University located in Ede, a town in Osun State, southwestern Nigeria. It was established by Chief Adedeji Adeleke, the father of Davido, award-winning Nigerian musician.

ritchiee:

PROF. AMUSAN’S REVELATION:

For Prof. Oluwole Olayiwola Amusan, the Vice Chancellor of Adeleke University, the university located in the ancient city of Ede, Osun State, offers its students practical education.

“At Adeleke University, we don’t just raise graduates for employment,” he said in a chat with Education Review. “We offer holistic education. We try to build a complete man with a sound moral character. Education is not just for employment but to raise a total man. The most important thing is to first of all have the education, then you can talk about what to do to earn a good living.

“Already, we have started addressing the graduate unemployment trend in Nigeria. In Computer Science, for instance, we don’t just train our students to become computer scientists; we also introduce related programmes for skill acquisition so that they would be able to set up something for themselves to eke out a living when they graduate. In other words, they would not end up as applicants but employers of labour. So, we try to prepare them in such a way that if they graduate, they would be able to apply it in life. I encourage all tertiary institutions in Nigeria to toe the same path.”

Speaking on the vision of the university, the professor of Chemistry who, in his university teaching odyssey, had traversed almost all the tertiary institutions in the South-West and Europe before berthing at Adeleke University, said that Dr. Adedeji Adeleke, the founder and pro-chancellor of the university, is a man that is so passionate about the less privileged in the society, that he decided, at some point in time, to set up a university where such people can have access to education at an affordable price.

“Before he founded the university, he had also founded Spring Time Development Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organisation which he used as a platform to support the less privileged’s education, especially those that were hungry for it, but didn’t have the means,” he said. “He assisted them a lot to obtain education to make them relevant to themselves and the society. He had always sponsored them into different institutions. But at a certain point in time, he thought that instead of giving them fish, it was better to teach them how to fish. So, he decided to find a university where they can have access to education at an affordable rate. That was what led to the birth of Adeleke University and that is why the fees charged at the University are about the lowest, compared to what is obtainable in most private universitie in Nigeria.”

All the same, he added, “the Pro-chancellor is still sponsoring a high percentage of the students in the institution because of his deep passion for the less privileged. His dream was to establish a unique university that can offer a holistic education for good moral character and spiritual growth and development so that the products of the university will be able to live a meaningful life.”

His remarks made you to wonder aloud whether admission into the university is an all-comers’ affair since part of the vision of the school is to give the less privileged children an opportunity for higher education. “We admit students based on the criteria set by JAMB and post JAMB requirements which have to do with the stipulated cut off marks and success in the post-JAMB exam,” he explained. “But in a circumstance where prospective admission seekers fail to satisfy the requirements, we make alternative provision for them through our preliminary programmes to prepare them for full admission after the one year programme with a view to helping them meet JAMB’s admission requirements.”

Prof. Amusan also addressed the issue of the falling standard of education in Nigeria, stressing that Adeleke University has been able to set a pace for high academic standard and excellence. According to him, his students who go out to compete with their counterparts from other universities have always come out in flying colours.

“I think the secrets of this standard are that we have highly qualified lecturers that are committed to their duties as well as a culture of self-discipline that we have been able to cultivate into our students,” he said.

However, Adeleke University has its challenges, the foremost of which is “how to market the school to a level where the entire public would be able to realise the quality of education we offer and the legacy we are trying to set which focuses on holistic education.”

He also stressed the relevance of moral standard that, he said, combines with academic standard to make a complete man, lamenting that many institutions of higher learning have challenges in morals “so much so that you see students engage in anti-social activities, restiveness, cultism and or cultic practices. But we don’t have such tendencies at Adeleke University. We have zero tolerance for indiscipline and waywardness. Since the school came into existence, we have never recorded student riot nor industrial action by either the teaching or non-teaching staff.

“Although Adeleke University is not established by the church, the school’s philosophy of education is modelled on the philosophy of the Seventh Day Adventist Church which stands for holistic principles and discipline bordering on good morals. No anti-social activities, no cultism, no restiveness, no uprising, no industrial action no seductive dressing on our campus. We do all things in a way that glorifies God. Our aim is to ensure that our students finish from here creditably, go out there and shine through good character.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ritchiee: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2017

JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY

ritchiee:

All Hail our JABU!
JABU, the first entrepreneurial university in Nigeria was established in obedience to divine instructions by the Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide in 2004, under the visionary leadership of its then President, Pastor (Dr.) E. H. L Olusheye. The current President of Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide, Pastor A O Akinosun as the Chairman of our Board of Trustees provides us with overall direction, with invigorated and renewed spiritual and financial commitments to the University.
Our first Chancellor in the personality of His Royal Majesty, Oba (Dr) Oladele Olashore (CON), until his demise in June 2012, laboured sedulously in various ways to positively advance the course of the University. The current Chancellor is the dynamic Pastor (Dr.) Wemimo Odunaiya, a cleric and industrialist with an unrepentant passion for excellence. The principal officers include Prof AMA Imevbore (Pro-Chancellor) and Pastor C. S. Fasuyi (Vice-Chairman, Governing Council), as well as Barrister Wale Aderibigbe, the Registrar, and other members of management. They have tenaciously kept faith with the vision of the founding fathers.

JABU started academic sessions in 2006 post-license, with the objective of providing educational services that would inculcate Godly values in its graduates, and provide them with functional skill-driven education aimed at producing job creators rather than job seekers. This institution pioneered the trend for entrepreneurship education in Nigeria. The National Universities Commission (NUC) therefore had a pilot in the JABU initiative and thereafter prescribed mandatory general studies that include entrepreneurship in the various degree programmes in Nigerian universities. Until recently, only JABU offers a first degree in entrepreneurship studies in Nigeria. Currently we have national accreditation in all our courses numbering a total of 36 at the bachelor’s level, and 18 at the Postgraduate level. Our programmes are in Agricultural Sciences, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Law, Environmental Sciences, the Social and Management Sciences, as well as the Postgraduate College. Plans are at an advanced stage to commence Medical Studies and the Centre for Distance Learning in 2016.
We released our first set of graduates in November 2010, and the sixth set in 2015. These stars, numbering over 3500, are entrepreneurs to the core. Some of them are profiled in this website under ‘alumnus of the month’. They are making great impacts as they rule their worlds in academics, aviation, communication, financial sector, and the military and kindred divisions of humanity.
JABU is driven by core values of integrity, honesty, teamwork, quality service and humanism. Our unique and critical selling point is the prospect of spiritual deliverance and rehabilitation of recalcitrant youths and the impartation of relevant theoretical concepts and practical skills using appropriate pedagogies.

I am calling on all stakeholders to join hands in the task of consolidating on the gains that God has given to us, so that we can move our university to the next level of greater physical and intellectual developments. To achieve this, there are cultural imperatives for every stakeholder. Our students manifest a high sense of discipline that would be expected in a faith based environment. Whereas the moral fabric of the society is disappearing with the decay in societal values, and the nuances of the millennial children, our staff, students and graduates are above board. Our parents are supportive, prayerful and understanding. The demand for good education is high, but we wish this demand will be made effective to the extent that parents fulfil their obligations through prompt payment of school fees. The staffers are diligent, creative, committed and resourceful. They exist in loco parentis with the students. They commit to oneness among peers. Management appreciates the diversity that characterizes the nation, and is therefore tolerant of religions, geriatric groupings, and generational differences. Our campus is small enough for us to be united culturally, and it is big enough to let everyone be the best that he or she wants to be.

If you wish to be a member of this glorious family in the City of God, that our campus is, I shall personally await your arrival and together we shall celebrate your absolvement and personal greatness in life.

Once again, you are welcome

Professor Sola FAJANA, FCIPM, FAMN, FIoE
Vice Chancellor

ritchiee:

The proprietor of Afe Babalola University, (ABUAD) Ado Ekiti, Chief Afe Babalola, says he has spent over N78 billion to develop the institution.
Babalola disclosed this on Sunday in Ado-Ekiti at a grand reception organised by the university in honour of one of its alumnus, Mr Popoola Olamide.
Olamide led a team of graduates and undergraduates selected from three private universities in Nigeria to win the “Unilever Future Leaders league" in UK.
The universities are Afe Babalola, Babcock and Samuel Ajay Crowther.
Babalola said the figure was released to him recently by the Audit and Accounting Units of the university.
He said that the figure represented what had been spent on building of structure and provision of modern academic equipment in the last six years of its establishment.
The former Pro-Chancellor of the University of Lagos said he had no regret investing such a huge sum as long as his target of building human capacity through quality education was achieved.
According to him, ABUAD is the only institution in the country that currently has what is known as, Talent Discovery Directorate.
``This is where students are made to discover their gifted areas early enough and get mentored through provision of the right type of equipment, until they are nurtured to stardom.
``The institution has also instituted “Hall of Fame” for geniuses and other gifted students who are either honoured or rewarded with cash or gift items at the end of every academic exploit,’’ he said.
He said he was proud of the latest award-winning student of the university and those before him as their achievements proved that his investment was not misplaced.
Responding, Olamide said that he, along with members of his team from Babcock and Crowther universities, first won the Unilever national contest in Lagos in October 2015.
He said that they later went ahead to win the continental edition in South Africa before winning the global edition staged in London.
Olamide, a fresh graduate of Petroleum Engineering, said that students from 30 countries across the world participated in the grand finale of the Unilever contest in London.
He said the team won the number one category award for “Authentically on Brand, Relevant to Target Audience and Talkability and Shareability".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
GLANVILLS:FALANA ...MD/CEO
All mods not allowing my posts to show..your heads are seriously bent ..shiooor.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ofai: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2017
Some yorubas are still hinging on the post civil war recent past to make up their "most educated group" stance. They still make noise about the erudite wole soyinka 1986 Nobel prize award and ekiti number of professorships.

This is 2017, check these out:

1. Bennett Omalu, the renowned igbo pathologist who discovered CTE disease was given the highest medical award in America in 2016. He now has dual citizenship of Nigeria and the US. He is from Anambra state.

2. Samuel Achilefu, the renowned biomedical scientist who invented CANCER SEEING GOGGLES. In 2014 he was awarded the prestigous St Louis award. His currently enjoys several international grants. He is an Abia man.

3. In 2016, Kalu Ogbureke, a maxiofacial surgeon, was the FIRST MAN OF AFRICAN DESCENT TO be awarded the KING JAMES IV PROFESSORSHIP​ CHAIR. He is from Abia State. He is an immigrant in US but works in the UK as well.

These are recent prestigious awards given to igbos, not dating before 2012.

Back home, IMO STATE has overtaken EKITI in the HIGHEST number of professorships in Nigeria.

ABIA STATE Now dominate WAEC results, overtaking ANAMBRA state.

ENUGU and ANAMBRA STATE follows in terms of professorships.

EBONYI STATE has maintained to a large extent a strong rivalry for the top WAEC states in Nigeria.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
[s]
ofai:
Some yorubas are still hinging on the post civil war recent past to make up their "most educated group" stance. They still make noise about the erudite wole soyinka 1986 Nobel prize award and ekiti number of professorships.

1. Bennett Omalu, the renowned igbo pathologist who discovered CTE disease was given the highest medical award in America in 2016. He now has dual citizenship of Nigeria and the US. He is from Anambra state.

2. Samuel Achilefu, the renowned biomedical scientist who invented CANCER SEEING GOGGLES. In 2014 he was awarded the prestigous St Louis award. His currently enjoys several international grants. He is an Abia man.

3. In 2016, Kalu Ogbureke, a maxiofacial surgeon, was the FIRST MAN OF AFRICAN DESCENT TO be awarded the KING JAMES IV PROFESSORSHIP​ CHAIR. He is from Abia State. He is an immigrant in US but works in the UK as well.

Back home, IMO STATE has overtaken EKITI in the HIGHEST number of professorships in Nigeria.

EBONYI STATE has maintained to a large extent a strong rivalry for the top WAEC states in Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
Basic123:
Its now obvious that the empty chestbeating pigs are not happy with the progress of this facts dishing thread.

We thank God for thatgrin

lies bursted and empty chestbeating exposed!
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 12:52am On Sep 11, 2017
ofai:

No, you don't want to go down this road. sad Not here. The Yoruba people too have a lot of their sons and daughters, who have recorded a lot of 'firsts', in their respective fields! shocked Do your own research, before you come in here to blow the trumpet of your people. I will sit on the fence and act as a referee! cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ofai: 7:58am On Sep 11, 2017
laudate:

No, you don't want to go down this road. sad Not here. The Yoruba people too have a lot of their sons and daughters, who have recorded a lot of 'firsts', in their respective fields! shocked Do your own research, before you come in here to blow the trumpet of your people. I will sit on the fence and act as a referee! cheesy

bring it on.... years not before 2012, okay let me make it 2006 for you so you can feature whatever you think you have.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2017
ofai:
bring it on.... years not before 2012, okay let me make it 2006 for you so you can feature whatever you think you have.
You are talking like a maladjusted unintelligent child. undecided Trust me, you do not want to go down this road ..... because you would end up with egg on your face! Back down now, before it is too late. I trust these Yoruba guys, if they start on your case you would run and take cover elsewhere. I know you are already intimidated by the accomplishments of their people on this thread, which is why you are trying to console yourself with the few achievements your 3 kinsmen have recorded. wink But like I said at the beginning of this thread, for every accomplishment that an Igbo man has achieved, you would find people from other tribes who have also won similar laurels, or achieved just as much (or even more), than they have. Quietly, conduct your research on Google and use the exit door.... sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by iblawi(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2017
ofai:

I think it's better you do your research properly so you don't look stupid. Always remember Yorubas don't make noise about every achievement. They only do when Igbos start chest beating/ self praise.

Education is not measured by waec results but educational output. Many have the waec result but can't perform in universities because of massive cheating in o level. Compare any school in the south east with University of Ibadan, University of lagos, University of ilorin, OAU ile ife, LASU, FUTA, etc. Maybe we should look at private schools too. Covenant University, Babcock University, adeleke University, Afe babalola University etc. This is what you use to measure education not secondary schools results that they can't defend.

You need to provide proof to back your claims of Imo, enugu and others now having more professors.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2017
mercyville:
GLANVILLS:FALANA ...MD/CEO
All mods not allowing my posts to show..your heads are seriously bent ..shiooor.

Glanvill member of the Odu’a Group of Companies

Supo Falana, HND, MBA, FCII.
MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEO

Falana joined Glanvill bringing his 25 years of professional experience in top-class rated insurance institutions including Goldlink Insurance Plc and Law Union & Rock insurance where he was the Chief Technical and Business Officer.

Falana is a proactive seasoned insurance executive versed at delivering appropriate technical operations, marketing solutions aligned with corporate strategy and business goals. He obtained HND in Insurance with Distinction from Lagos State Polytechnic and Master in Business Administration from University of Ado Ekiti.

He is a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria(FCIIN) and has attended several insurance trainings, seminars and conferences both locally and internationally. He is happily married with Children.

Glanvills recognized that our clients want products and services built around their unique needs and provided by professionals with deep expertise in their industries and local markets. With worldwide distribution, a vast base of intellectual capital, and leading technology, we have built a professional services company to achieve these important goals—all focused on areas increasingly in demand: insurance brokerage, risk management, and insurance consulting.

Insurance and Risk Management

Insurance and risk management is now widely viewed as a critical boardroom issue. It is the cornerstone of every company’s capital structure. A poorly constructed program may leave your organization vulnerable to major long-term setbacks, or worse, insolvency and bankruptcy. When well-designed, an insurance and risk management program frees you to pursue your vision—unhindered by concerns that you may need to hoard precious financial capital or maintain unusually high levels of liquidity.

Human Capital Consulting

Glanvill is a top risk solution provider providing a complete array of consulting, and insurance brokerage services. Our professionals possess extensive knowledge and experience in a variety of fields and help companies manage their risk portfolio. We can help you achieve better business results that fit with your broad financial and business goals.

Reinsurance

Reinsurance is critical to helping insurance companies underwrite risk profitably, while preserving or enhancing capital strength and ratings. Glanvill Reinsurance is a leading reinsurance broker and intermediary, provides clients with integrated capital solutions and services, delivering objective advice and fostering competition among highly rated reinsurers and an expanding array of new and alternative capital providers. Clients are better able to differentiate and meet their business objectives with our treaty and facultative reinsurance placement services, capital markets expertise, and relevant analytics and technical expertise.

To effectively deliver these, and other, services, Glanvills has developed a global network of local resources brought together via our Business Units and a Strategic Account Management system. These resources let us deliver services to multinational companies, small businesses, independent agents or brokers, associations and affinity groups and even individual consumer.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2017

O.B. Oshin

Founder

Group Managing Director

Wole is the founder and Group Managing Director of the Custodian Group with interests in Life Insurance, General Insurance, Pensions and Trusteeship business. He is an industry leader with over thirty (30) years’ experience and has at various times been a member of the Presidential Committee on Pension Reforms, Chairman of the Nigerian Insurers Association, Council Member of the West African Insurance Companies Association (Ghana), and External Lecturer – West African Insurance Institute, Banjul, The Gambia. He sits on several Boards amongst which are the International Insurance Society (IIS), New York; Council Member – African Insurance Organization (Cameroun), Nigerian Insurers Association and the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He has been nominated a top 25 CEO on the Nigeria Stock Exchange by the influential BusinessDay newspaper (years 2014 and 2015) as well as a nominee for “African CEO of the Year” by African Reinsurance Corporation.

A graduate of Actuarial Science from the University of Lagos and a Chartered Insurer by Profession, he holds the Doctor of Finance (Honoris Causa) from Igbinedion University and is a Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria, The Risk Managers Society of Nigeria and the Association of Investment Advisers and Portfolio Managers. He is the immediate past President of Lagos Business School Alumni Association (LBSAA), as well as an alumnus of the Harvard Business School (OPM42).

Wole is a firm believer in the building and transformation of the economy through the development of insurance and risk management.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2017

MR. MORUFU OLAKUNLE APAMPA
Managing Director/ CEO

Mr. Morufu Apampa is a Chartered Insurer and a member of the Society of Fellows of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria and a highly seasoned marketer with industry experience of over two decades.

He started his career as a broker in T.A. Braithwaite Insurance Brokers & Co. and later joined ELMAC Assurance Company Limited as Marketing Manager in 2000. He thereafter moved to Lexington INT’L Insurance Company Limited where he provided leadership in new business development and directed the company’s marketing activities.

Prior to joining Equity Assurance Plc, he was a General Manger/Divisional Head, Non-Life business at AIICO Insurance Plc. He has a track record of business development and management of financial budgets. As a consummate strategist and change agent, Mr. Apampa designed and packaged new products that have continued to add value to present and previous organizations in terms of profitability and market share. While at AIICO, Insurance Plc he led the marketing team by increasing gross premium and profit by over 300%.

Mr. Apampa is an alumnus of Lagos Business School and Howard University Business School, Washington DC, USA.

He has attended several courses both locally and abroad on Oil and Gas, Reinsurance, Strategy & Management.

Mr. Apampa is happily married and is blessed with children.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:58pm On Sep 11, 2017

Kayode Tolulope Oluwasegun-Ojo - Group Managing Director.

Mr. Kayode Tolulope Oluwasegun-Ojo is the Group Managing Director of Japaul Oil and Maritime Services Plc. Prior to his appointment, He has worked as the Managing Director, Nigeria Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO) Plc. He started his career with Lafenwa Osiberu & Co as an Audit Trainee before he joined Aba Ogunsola & Associates. He also worked with Ernst & Young as Audit Trainee and Audit Semi Officer respectively and Midas Merchant Bank (acquired by FCMB) as Treasury Officer and Analyst in Corporate Banking Division. He also worked with MBC International Bank (acquired by First Bank Plc) as Head of Treasury Operations, and rose to Head Treasury Group/ALM. He was Assistant General Manager, Associated Discount House Limited and rose to the position of General Manager in the company. He is a change management expert whose experience to date covers audit and assurance, banking and aviation. In his role as Managing Director of NAHCO Plc., he led the change and business diversification strategy of the company, transforming it to an internationally recognized aviation services company as it became the first Ground Handling Company in West Africa to attain the prestigious ISAGO status conferred by International Air Transport Association (IATA). His academic credentials include a B.Sc. Economics from the University of Ife, (now Obafemi Awolowo University). He is a Fellow Institute of Chartered Accountant (FCA).
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2017

Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer

Mr. Adeduro is a graduate of the University of Lagos and Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife where he obtained BSc. (Insurance) and MBA (Marketing) respectively. He started his career in Insurance with African General Insurance Brokers Limited Lagos, as a Marketing Executive in the Kaduna Branch of the Organisation.

In 1996 he moved to Continental Reinsurance Company Limited, Lagos (now Continental Re Plc) as Executive in Operations and Technical Division of the Company where he rose to become an Assistant Manager in the Organisation with a rich experience in Treaty Underwriting and Claims Management, Reinsurance Accounting, Client Services and Marketing.

In a constant pursuit of excellence, he crossed to the Banking Industry in 2001 to pioneer Insurance Desk at Liberty Bank Plc and was latter promoted to Deputy Head of Administration and General Internal Services.

In 2003, Mr. Adeduro was called upon to re-engineer the Claims, Reinsurance and Statistics Department of Standard Alliance Insurance Company Limited (now Standard Alliance Plc) for efficient client services and recoveries. As a result of meeting the yearning of Management in this task he was promoted to the position of Group Head of Technical and Risk Management in 2004 with responsibility for strategic functions of risk underwriting and acceptance, risk survey and inspection, reinsurance, claims, statistics and branches coordination.

In 2006 Mr. Adeduro was transferred to anchor Energy & Telecoms sector of Standard Alliance Insurance marketing as the Group Head, and was latter promoted to AGM Operations with additional oversight functions in Risk Management, Human Capital, Administration & Corporate Services and Information Technology Departments. His leadership prowess saw the growth of Energy and Telecom Group Income by over 300% between 2006 and 2007.

Mr. Adeduro is an Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (ACIIN), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ACA), and Nigerian Institute of Management (AMNIM).

He currently leads the management team as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bibidear(f): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2017
laudate:

You are talking like a maladjusted unintelligent child. undecided Trust me, you do not want to go down this road ..... because you would end up with egg on your face! Back down now, before it is too late. I trust these Yoruba guys, if they start on your case you would run and take cover elsewhere. I know you are already intimidated by the accomplishments of their people on this thread, which is why you are trying to console yourself with the few achievements your 3 kinsmen have recorded. wink But like I said at the beginning of this thread, for every accomplishment that an Igbo man has achieved, you would find people from other tribes who have also won similar laurels, or achieved just as much (or even more), than they have. Quietly, conduct your research on Google and use the exit door.... sad
God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2017

DR. OLANIYI OLUMIDE, PhD, FBIM – Chairman & Managing Director

Dr. Olumide obtained a Bachelors Degree from Brownsville, Texas in 1969, and a Masters degree in Finance from Tennessee in 1975. He obtained a PhD degree in Development Economics from Tennessee in 1978 and another PhD degree in Management Science from Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1983.

He worked as Executive Director (Operations) of SCET Nigeria Limited (an affiliate of SCET International, a State-owned multidisciplinary consulting firm based in Paris) where he also served as Chairman/CEO, between 1981 to1986.

In 1986, he pioneered the establishment of Sunlink Petroleum and has been the Chairman/Chief Executive of the company since then.

Dr. Olumide is a life member of the Nigerian Economic Society, Nigerian Society of International Law and the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs. He is also a fellow of several professional bodies including the British Institute of Management.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.