Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 (71583 Views)

Apply: African Union Youth Volunteer Corps / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Graduate AU Volunteers Recruitment - 9th Bat / African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2018/19 Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by piperson(m): 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
charlesucheh:
visit www.mergepdf.com
that site does not allow photos
Wondered how i would havve uploaded my passport photo
But ive succeeded anyways
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by piperson(m): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
olayemite:

I can't find the application tab on the website. The only thing I saw is a link to download the call for application in English, kindly direct me how to navigate on their page to register. Thanks

Which phone do u use

use google chrome or safaree

Preferably

check again, verywell

U'll see it, its on their website either top or bottom cant remember

Ive sunmitted mine
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by GeneralOjukwu: 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2017
bolubej:

I agree with General Ojukwu its a way of having international experience by voluneeting and being paid in dollars.

But you should try and way your options before jumping at it. Its a one year life time opportunity with mouth watery benefits during the one year period. AU pays between $600 -$1000 monthly

Please I am VERY interested in this ....How do you know how much AU pays? Never met someone who worked there...what other benefits are you talking about, sir?

The WAHO job is very good because you earn in dollars as you said...
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Please I am VERY interested in this ....How do you know how much AU pays? Never met someone who worked there...what other benefits are you talking about, sir?

The WAHO job is very good because you earn in dollars as you said...
I was opportuned to be selected for the 6th batch
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by GeneralOjukwu: 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
bolubej:

I was opportuned to be selected for the 6th batch

Congratulations. Which country were you posted ? What were the benefits?

I was in Burkina Faso with WAHO and we had $50 in those days to supplement housing charges monthly. that was all as per benefits. Plus a laptop
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
Skydweller:
abeg how I go take apply? I visited the page. I downloaded one thing wey I no no wetin I go do with am. me self wan help africa develop. somebody help!
https://africanunioncommission.has-jobs.com/8th-batch-african-union-youth-volunteer-corps-multiple-locations-across-africa/155999/0/apply

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
piperson:

that site does not allow photos

Wondered how i would havve uploaded my passport photo

But ive succeeded anyways
There're two attachments, one is the CV. What's the other? Passport photograph?

Mod'd...
I now have the answer to my question. Thanks
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 7:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

I was in Burkina Faso with WAHO and we had $50 in those days to supplement housing charges monthly. that was all as per benefits. Plus a laptop
I was deployed to Rwanda
Benefit include
$1000 settling in Allowance
I was paid $600, those deployed to Kenya were paid 700 and SA got $1000
$2500 post deployment settlement
AU passport that gives you a visa free access to all AU member state within the one year
and other benefit that u can tap into and leverage upon

3 Likes

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by GeneralOjukwu: 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2017
bolubej:

I was deployed to Rwanda
Benefit include
AU passport that gives you a visa free access to all AU member state within the one year

Wow ...thanks for being upfront.

I wanted to apply but I learnt about it too late and the application process was too tedious.

Try applying to both the AU and World Bank Young Professionals Programme (YPP) I initially wanted to, but my career took another path. ..

Good luck!
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by dawbbleOuEi: 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
bolubej:

I was deployed to Rwanda
Benefit include
Thanks for sharing. I was wondering... Can I PM you?

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Sketch007(m): 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
Pinkieblue shocked
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Pinkieblue(f): 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2017
Sketch007:
Pinkieblue shocked

Great thanks from onne
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
Philosophy
bolubej:

What is your discipline? what you have is enough. just package yourself well and sell your market
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Oluwainnie(f): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
Would do so, tanks
GeneralOjukwu:

Always try... something in your application can catch their eye
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Sketch007(m): 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2017
Pinkieblue:

Great thanks from onne

Great pity on you from onne.. lol.. Go get this done
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

i tried WAHO too years back but i was turned down
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2017
dawbbleOuEi:

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering... Can I PM you?

Yes pls. Will respond as soon as i can

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by GeneralOjukwu: 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
bolubej:
i tried WAHO too years back but i was turned down

WOW. What i wanted, you got...what you wanted, i got.

But i can assure you, from what you said, the AU internship was far more lucrative and prestigious than the WAHO one.

I visited 3 - 4 West African countries only during the programme, didn't travel out of the ECOWAS region.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by okezie007(m): 3:56am On Jul 14, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

But i can assure you, from what you said, the AU internship was far more lucrative and prestigious than the WAHO one.

I visited 3 - 4 West African countries only during the programme, didn't travel out of the ECOWAS region.
can I PM you?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by okezie007(m): 3:57am On Jul 14, 2017
bolubej:

Yes pls. Will respond as soon as i can
thanks for sharing #allowmepmyou
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Nomswilli(m): 5:22am On Jul 14, 2017
am a little bit confussed on the application part which says that candidate should attatch signed letter of recommendation, verifying volunteer experience....during ur application where did u get urs...and secondly are there limitation to where one can get it? @bolubej or anyone please help
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by ApostleEbuka(m): 10:05am On Jul 14, 2017
Nomswilli:
am a little bit confussed on the application part which says that candidate should attatch signed letter of recommendation, verifying volunteer experience....during ur application where did u get urs...and secondly are there limitation to where one can get it? @bolubej or anyone please help

Same here bro, I don't really know what they meant by that.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Skydweller(m): 11:05am On Jul 14, 2017
Pls house. Has anyone being able to fill in the cover space using phone? I am unable to filling in my writeup. I have tried opera mini, growers and others. Let me me the browser you used to surpass that hurdle. Thanks.
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by ApostleEbuka(m): 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
OK I have applied successfully
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Smiles...
I was privileged to be in about 5 or 6cuntries. from SADC to Horn of Africa to EAC and ECOWAS
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nomswilli:

Pls feel free to PM me now. I will be available to answer your questions but i would suggest we have thequestions here so that others too can benefit

1 Like

Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nomswilli:

@ApostleEbuka
A signed reccomendation is a recommendation letter duly signed and stamped.
It should state your responsibilities, your achievement and competencies. It should sound convincing.
It doesnt have to be a paid job or volunteering service. AU would want to see a selfless person who has contributed one thing or the other in the community or organization

I would suggest you upload all your document in pdf format...its shows professionalism and not editable as other format could distort the configuration of your document
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by Victarion(m): 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
bolubej:

Pls feel free to PM me now. I will be available to answer your questions but i would suggest we have thequestions here so that others too can benefit
I have no volunteer experience can i still apply?
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Victarion:
Give me your profile lets see
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by bolubej: 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Victarion:
Give me your profile lets see .

you can send it to my mail
Re: Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 by mealdred: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
Can NYSC discharge certificate be used as recommendation letter?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

'Making Love': An Applicant Included This In His CV / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Oil/Gas Companies in Naija and their Career Websites!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.