Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

1&1 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1&1 (2231 Views)

How Nigeria Was Sold To The British For 1.1 Million Dollars In 1899 / How Nigeria Was Sold To The British For 1.1 Million Dollars In 1899 / Biafra vs Nigeria "Grammatical Mishap" Match And The Scoreline Is 1:1(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1&1 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

BIAFRAN how far your here again
Shut up you stinking little piece of shit. Everyone who slaps you with the truth is a biafraudian. Ode

1 Like

Re: 1&1 by Oladimejyy(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
PenSniper:

If you have the means, why not mobilise for it ?
Yoruba wouldnt support me because they're hypocrite.A man(Lawal) started it but he was killed
Re: 1&1 by Rilwayne001: 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Kagawa10:

The question is why? A school should always admit on merit, right? I know for a fact that unilorin don't admit on merit because if they do, there's no reason why someone with 180 would get admitted yet I didn't. The lecturer man even told me that the school consider state of origin and names. He stated that if he was in a science department, he would have fought for my admission because of my score but there was little he could do.

Yes, a reputable school should admit on merit, but you know this is Nigeria where reverse is the case. This sort of thing happen in every public institution in and it's not synonymous to unilorin alone, that's why we have half-baked graduates all around. Like I said earlier on, the man was just finding excuse and nothing more.

Another foolish thing about unilorin is their post utme questions. I don't know if it has now been changed but then it was about political question about Kwara and few English. There was no Chemistry, Bio nor Physics. It was just full of crap!

No more post ume
Re: 1&1 by Kagawa10: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The religion affiliation in your post is a lie. They don't look at names to see whether you are a Muslim or not before they offer You admission. If that was the case, I would have been there because aside having 2 Islamic names in my name, I'm an indigene from ilorin south, and yet wasn't offered admission even after meeting every criteria.

What I think matters in unilorin is strong connection in the school and not really religious and indigenous affiliations that people ignorantly attach to their admission process.

In your own case I think the man was just trying to find excuse for his failure.

Why would I lie? Lol. The man told me that, even before the school started admitting in students.

It's the truth though. A friend's brother had to change his state of origin to Kwara state just because he chose Unilorin and he was advised to do so if he wants an admission into the school.

In fact, I already lost hope when I saw someone who scored 180 sitting to write post utme, I thought the post utme was for candidates that scored 200 and above for top universities. she's a kwara indigene though and a muslim. It's you that should stop saying nonsense because I'm speaking from experience. In fact, I hate the school.
Re: 1&1 by Markfemi2: 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Shut up you stinking little piece of shit. Everyone who slaps you with the truth is a biafraudian. Ode

BIAFRAN BIAFRAN

Are you not crying over loss of south east commission
Re: 1&1 by Markfemi2: 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Yes, a reputable school should admit on merit, but you know this is Nigeria where reverse is the case. This sort of thing happen in every public institution in and it's not synonymous to unilorin alone, that's why we have half-baked graduates all around. Like I said earlier on, the man was just finding excuse and nothing more.

No more post ume

As an ilorin indigene pls explain the current situation on ground
Re: 1&1 by Markfemi2: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Go and face your thread
Re: 1&1 by Kagawa10: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rilwayne001:

No more post ume

Believe me, Ilorin is the worst. Just tell me which of the top first class university doesn't admit on merit? Is it UI, Oau, Uniben, Unilag or Unn? All of them do. They may reserve some slots for VC and lecturers' candidates but first, they always try to bring in the best students. Even the vc and Lecturers' candidates must have the minimum grades before they could be admitted but no, unilorin prefers to admit in 180 scorers..

In fact, it already lost me when I saw their crappy post utme questions.. What sort of schools set political questions about kwara for science students if they weren't biased in the first place?
Re: 1&1 by Rilwayne001: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
Kagawa10:

Why would I lie? Lol. The man told me that, even before the school started admitting in students.

The man lied.

It's the truth though. A friend's brother had to change his state of origin to Kwara state just because he chose Unilorin and he was advised to do so if he wants an admission into the school.

In fact, I already lost hope when I saw someone who scored 180 sitting to write post utme, I thought the post utme was for candidates that scored 200 and above for top universities. she's a kwara indigene though and a muslim. It's you that should stop saying nonsense because I'm speaking from experience. In fact, I hate the school.

Their cut off has always been 180 aftermath of 2011 or so, so she deserved to sit for the exam. Even last year, I know personally a girl from OSUN state with 2 Christian names in her names, and you know the worst part of it? She scored 188 and yet was offered admission. This girl is here on mairaland but I've forgotten her moniker. What do you have to say on this?

And you shouldn't let hatred for the school becloud your objectivity , things like this happen in every school.

1 Like

Re: 1&1 by Rilwayne001: 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

As an ilorin indigene pls explain the current situation on ground

Explain what?
Re: 1&1 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

BIAFRAN BIAFRAN
You are so dumb
Re: 1&1 by nkwuocha: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
Ndi uchu!
Re: 1&1 by Kagawa10: 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The man lied.

Their cut off has always been 180 aftermath of 2011 or so, so she deserved to sit for the exam. Even last year, I know personally a girl from OSUN state with 2 Christian names in her names, and you know the worst part of it? She scored 188 and yet was offered admission. This girl is here on mairaland but I've forgotten her moniker. What do you have to say on this?

And you shouldn't let hatred for the school becloud your objectivity , things like this happen in every school.

The event was before 2011.. So?

Who knows if the girl had a strong connection?

Even if the man lied, why was I not admitted? Do I have to meet someone first before I can be admitted into a school? I won't even advise my enemy to choose that school. I was so sure of my admission that very year until I saw the stupid post utme questions set for me and even at that, I kept on having hope because I got a good mark at the end of the nonsense, even if it was a low mark (54) but at the end of day, nothing! God knows I was inconsolable at the time because I really studied hard and tried my best. What a useless school!
Re: 1&1 by Markfemi2: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Explain what?

Emir issue
Returning an oba back
Re: 1&1 by irrefragable: 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

BIAFRAN BIAFRAN

why do you have to cry 'Biafra', he is yoruba: check his earlier posts.
So any yoruba that tells you the truth is now 'Biafran'. Please check their posts before shouting Biafra.

The two guys, you are calling ipod yoots i.e oladimejyy and coloneldrake are your fellow afonjas. They have engaged in e-wars against the igbos times without numbers.

They are only saying the truth : yorubas are too cowardly to retake Ilorin. Eod
Re: 1&1 by Ritchiee: 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Just ask an old yoruba woman that "Did you want the hausas to leave in kwara even though they kill the yorubas?"..
Her reply will be"It is the same God that created us and every bad thing that happens to human was destinize by God to happen because Quoran made us to believe so.She believed that God sent hausas to kill the yoruba...
If the hausas doesnt live in ilorin will that have happened?.why did the hausas didn't kill those in Aba?Is it not that they never gave them chances?.
And lastly....
Yorubas are hypocritical in behaviour.If some yoruba group rise to purse the hausas from the Ilorin another yoruba group will oppose it.,An Ilorin indigene can call a COW BROS JUST BECAUSE OF A MEAT

I have talked with some of these people and those defending the status quo are basically Fulani Yoruba that speak Yoruba just as flawlessly as it can be and claim or bear Yoruba names.Yorubas have killed and banished the emirs at one time or the other in history but Oyinbo people always brought them back.Nigeria is what is keeping an emir in Ilorin.If it is religion,Oyo is almost all muslim population.
Re: 1&1 by Ritchiee: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
irrefragable:
So any yoruba that tells you the truth is now 'Biafran'. Please check their posts before shouting Biafra.

The two guys, you are calling ipod yoots i.e oladimejyy and coloneldrake are your fellow afonjas. They have engaged in e-wars against the igbos times without numbers.

Read yoruba's old and recent history,Yorubas have never been cowards in their lives but strategists but Ilorin because of the indigenes who would not want an idol worshiping oba to lord it over them.
Re: 1&1 by Rilwayne001: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Emir issue
Returning an oba back

Well, that's something I don't know much about as I don't really stay in Ilorin. However in the event of restructuring or disintegration, ilorin and other yoruba speaking part of kwara will align with the Yoruba nation. Installing an Oba for now is going to be a hard task unless either restructuring or disintegration happens.

1 Like

Re: 1&1 by Yabiola26(m): 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
[quote author=Oladimejyy post=58409387]Did you also know that it's very hard for a yoruba christian to gain admission into kwasu,unilorin and kwara poly.Is it not because of a religion? [/quot

The shallowest comment I ever read on this platform... So all the youruba moslems you knew got admitted into those institutions abi... Common sense descend on you

1 Like

Re: 1&1 by Rilwayne001: 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ritchiee:
Read yoruba's old and recent history,Yorubas have never been cowards in their lives but strategists but Ilorin because of the indigenes who would not want an idol worshiping oba to lord it over them.

You are right. It's Islam conquered ilorin and not any Fulani.
Re: 1&1 by Markfemi2: 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
irrefragable:

Your running out of points

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Released By The Army To Scuttle PDP Block Votes In The South East / RUGA :Ladies forever Needs Land For Vibrator/d1ldo Multi-Mart In The North / Obaseki In Trouble Pic Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.