Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria (29134 Views)

Amotekun Will Affect Nigeria's Unity - Arewa Consultative Forum / Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) Officially Endorse Buhari For Re-election / Nigeria Youth Forum Gives Buhari 7 Days To Apologize Over Derogatory Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by me69: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lightening:

Please tell us who impoverished the North. Having being at the helm of affairs for over 40 years and you are still searching for the enemies of the Northern region? Look within. BTW, you people should convert the few remaining schools to mosques so that Allah will be praised while illiteracy and its attendant poverty and diseases ravage your lives.
they is far more lettered people in the north than the south, beside what have you brought to this country except international criminality and shame to this country. How can you be so lettered and yet be known as criminals all over the world, yes southerners
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
It's very very unfortunate I must say. I have a friend in the army who happens to stay in Maiduguri(BH sturvs), he once told me that an empty land with no residents just trees could be a local government in Maiduguri, that they travelled once on a diatance like from Onitsha to Enugu without seeing any building but just an empty land but to his utmost surprise the place is a local government. Do you think the north can endure what other regions has been enduring just for the sake of one Nigeria? Brother, it's really really unfortunate.

Whoever that still believes in "One Nigeria" can also believe Buhari will turn Nigeria an Eldorado.

I did my NYSC in the North,what the soldier told you is the naked truth without sentiment.Gummi LGA in Zamfara State isn't inhabited by more than 1,000 people.Some times, when I hear them exagerate their aclaimed population,I just laugh.Why do you think we can never have a data base in this country,it's just because everyone will know how few they are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by PDJT: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
-Lol. It's their Cuntri they can fu.cck it anyhow they wish.
-Biafra is my Home.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by seguno2: 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
ab11baddo:
common u think we as gullible as ur retarded father not to know u are an Ipob bastard

How can you have a father and still be a bastard?
Se kii se ohun ti won ni ki o fi we, ohun ni o da mu?
You better get help from Yaba left before it is too late.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by obailala(m): 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
ZKOSOSO:

You forgot to add the useful Southern Idiots that always champion the Arewa cause then foist it on fellow Southerners like OBJ, Tinubu, Oshomole, Ameachi, Okorocha etc...
Those guys are politicians amd politicians are all the same; any politician in Abuja gaining anything from the centre will develop amnesia on restructuring until they leave power. If you doubt it, the loudest chanters of restructuring today only just recently left Abuja; did they shout 'restructure' when they still occupied offices in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by PehaKaso: 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nnaabros:
Nonesense!! All these brouhaha would have been settled in 1967 if the foreign powers had minded their own business

HISTORY
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

See this one comparing Rwanda to Nigeria, and you are talking about being exposed to the internet... oya
let me help ur lazy butt.

https://answersafrica.com/largest-economies-africa.html

IMF still perks the country as the biggest economy in Africa
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/nigeria-remains-africas-biggest-economy-imf/

But your delusion will be the death of you and your IPOBIC lot...

YOU ASK HOW IGBOS SURVIVED WITHOUT OIL...Ikpa without the oil and food coming in...6million Of you guys died of starvation... I am shocked you are so inept as not to know even dat...

today IGBOS OWN THE GREATEST NUMBER OF OIL WELLS... but you Leeches keep pointing fingers at the North.. Hypocritical lot.
But what about Switzerland, Luxembourg and the rest, are no longer landlocked or you are running away from the truth. If I may ask you, how many of the seaports in your region is functional presently for not been a landlocked region??

How do you arrive at Igbo's owning greatest number of oil wells whereas the last report from Sen. Ita-Enang from ND stated otherwise or you just wanna manipulate the truth to suit you??

https://www.nairaland.com/2555036/northerners-hold-83-per-cent

It hasn't gotten to name calling bro, let's be civil..

PS: It's like you forgot to answer me the question I asked and I'm gonna ask it again, What's The Name Of Ojukwu's Second In Command During The War And Where Is He From??

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Generalyemi(m): 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nnaabros:
Nonesense!! All these brouhaha would have been settled in 1967 if the foreign powers had minded their own business

nwanne m biko I need d full source of this extract
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
But what about Switzerland, Luxembourg and the rest, are no longer landlocked or you are running away from the truth. If I may ask you, how many of the seaports in your region is functional presently for not been a landlocked region??

How do you arrive at Igbo's owning greatest number of oil wells whereas the last report from Sen. Ita-Enang from ND stated otherwise or you just wanna manipulate the truth to suit you??

https://www.nairaland.com/2555036/northerners-hold-83-per-cent

It hasn't gotten to name calling bro, let's be civil..

PS: It's like you forgot to answer me the question I asked and I'm gonna ask it again, What's The Name Of Ojukwu's Second In Command During The War And Where Is He From??

lols
Ikpa its Philip Effiong...
Philip Effiong like his wayward son, Philip Effiong Jnr was brainwashed into being Ojukwus errand boy.

he served his master Judiciously, only that his master a coward, dressed like a woman and left him in the death of the night, when it mattered most, with enemy troops surrounding them.
At that point in time, seeing his life about to be cut short,.. Sense fell on Philip Effiong... He saw How this IGBO guy, (who had sworn to fight And defend Biafra to the death) had abandoned him to die a martyr for a worthless cause.. and at that point of enlightenment.
He decided to find ways of connecting with the Troops to tell them of the cowardice of one whom after killing 6million of his kinsmen for a worthless cause he swore to die for.. Ran away, dressed as a woman.

After Handing over, the coward came home to vie for the presidential post, in a country he tried destroying... HOW ELSE DO YOU NOT SAY THAT THE BIAFRAN BROHAHA IS NOT ALL ABOUT PERSONAL EGO, AND GREED ? with ready supply of zombielike people to fight and did(Like those who followedkanu, languishing in prison while he takes pictures with the senators and Governors of the FRNigeria.)

THAT IS THE LIVE AND TIMES OF PHILIP EFFIONG, he was from Ibiono in Akwa Ibom state..
DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU ABOUT ANY OTHER PERSON ? mbok I am everly ready dearie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Lightening: 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
me69:
they is far more lettered people in the north than the south, beside what have you brought to this country except international criminality and shame to this country. How can you be so lettered and yet be known as criminals all over the world, yes southerners

Lettered northerners? Very funny. Just answer my question or just get lost. You chose to live in the 12 the century in this jet age coupled with your greedy leaders and are looking for who impoverished you. Blame me, ok?
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Jelal0007(m): 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lightening:

History books like which? Stop bandying lies up and down please. Your yoke over the south is ending soon.
the yoke of ignorance is just starting 2 rule ur life. Goodluck with it.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Jelal0007(m): 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lightening:

Now you have cut your nose to spite your face hope you guys are getting a good deal from APC and Buhari.
dude swerve abeg.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by seguno2: 4:01am On Jul 14, 2017
Adebowale89:
to prove the level of your frustration, u still have to deny your region?

how can we clamour for restructuring without reviewing the constitution. are you people that dumb? was it Yoruba clamouring for restructuring that will make it to come to pass? or was the lawmakers in NA all yorubas?

pls when will u start to use your brain, no matter how weak it is, pls use it for once and stop hawking stupidity on public forum

Someone who does not understand how a call for restructuring is linked to constitutional amendment is asking another person to use his brain?
What an irony of idiocy.
Emo lukutu pebepebe, iyawo l'oyun tan ona o gba oko.
Abeg swerve and carry your confusion go front. No wonder you support and follow illiterates.
No wonder!!!
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Adebowale89(m): 9:33am On Jul 14, 2017
seguno2:

Someone who does not understand how a call for restructuring is linked to constitutional amendment is asking another person to use his brain?
What an irony of idiocy.
Emo lukutu pebepebe, iyawo l'oyun tan ona o gba oko.
Abeg swerve and carry your confusion go front. No wonder you support and follow illiterates.
No wonder!!!

you be mumu, since when has this issue of restructuring start and is not happening till date

to think KANU was the one that instigate restructuring campaign is laughable and stupid

why not go and approve the restructuring yourself. just imagine how you are contradicting yourself above

it shows the level of your myopic thinking

since am ignorant of how restructuring links comes, why not educate me on how it happen?

bombastic element
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 14, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

ehyaaaa, so while I devote Tym to attacking Biafra u devote Tym to studying me ?
shaa, I don't Attack Biafrans, I try to get it into their head that AKS is not Biafra.... problem is, they have ish with their ears so I hv to repeat it as much as possible, as the fear for a landlocked state and the greed for oil wont let dem see road.
why aren't you perturbed that non of the ss state was included in the host communities?
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by winningwinner(m): 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Well, you need to look at it well. I think majority of the country is now agreed that restructuring is the way forward. But different people have different notions of what that restructuring means.

We need to move beyond rhetoric and start discussing the core issues before any formal assembly begins.

What kind of geographic structure do we want? So we want regions and states at the same time? Do we want just regions or just states?

What kind of resource control do we want? Do we want state resource control or regional resource control.

What kind of security structure do we want? State police, regional police or maintain status quo.

The beauty with discussing now is that we would elaborately analyze our assumptions and understand the implications before we send representatives to start discussing.

Let me give an example using resource control. I am from the south south and I support resource control. But I don't want it to happen instantly because it will have negative implications on various parts of Nigeria. If it happens instantly a beautiful state like Enugu would instantly be thrown into turmoil as it wouldn't be able to pay salaries, maintain public services or build infrastructure. No matter the strategy, it would need time to adjust. There would be a population drift to Rivers, Delta and Akwa Ibom who would now have the grapple with increasing cost of living as a result of population explosion. Insfrastructure would begin to strain and the suffering would increase!

You see why we should start having these discussions already? The platforms exist for us to start these discussions! Nairaland is one. We can use it! We love rhetoric without substance in this country! That's exactly how APC deceived people with thier change mantra!
Noted, but I disagree with you on one point. Using the social media can never be among. What for? Let the national assembly and state delegates do the job. But there should be town hall meetings where people like us can express ourselves and give our contributions.
Thanks for replying.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by cumbak60: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
PapaBrowne:
To be fair, they are correct!

That is one huge funny problem with Nigeria. We just like rhetoric. That's how people voted in APC without asking what they meant by change.

We are screaming restructuring without any group coming out with a concise study on how we should go about it.

I support restructuring. Maybe I should try come out with a document on how we should restructure. Infact, I would.
In a very simple terms: restructuring means collapse current states, and form regional government base on ethnic lines. All parts of Igboland that was fraudulently carved into S'South should be returned, Finally, every region should manage their resources while paying a defined percentage to the center as tax. Simple and short.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by PapaBrowne(m): 9:48am On Jul 28, 2017
cumbak60:

In a very simple terms: restructuring means collapse current states, and form regional government base on ethnic lines. All parts of Igboland that was fraudulently carved into S'South should be returned, Finally, every region should manage their resources while paying a defined percentage to the center as tax. Simple and short.

We don't necessarily have to collapse states. We still need the states. The states will take on the simpler responsibilities like healthcare, education while the regions would be responsible for complex infrastructure like railways, Trunk A roads, Police, international Airports, etc.

Basing regions on ethnic lines in Nigeria can't work. We have more than 500 groups scattered left right and center. The current geopolitical design with six zones is the best balance we can work with maybe with some small modifications here and there. An example of the unworkability of such can be found in Igbanke Edo state. Would you say because Igbanke is an Igboid group, it should then be a part of South East? To do that, you'd have to cut out large swaths of Esan and Bini tribes and put in the South East.
The 3 big tribes like the idea of ethnicity. The minorities don't like it.

It is the individual groups that should decide where they want to be. For instance, it's not an Abia man that should decide where Asaba should be. It is an Asaba man that should decide whether he wants to be in the South East or South South.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sadiya Farouq Travels To US For Childbirth - The Street Journal / NBS Release IGR Data Ranking Chart For Nigerian States / Akpabio: I Appointed Antai Into NDDC Board Because Antai Doesn't Eat Alone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.