Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times (30238 Views)

Buhari Runs A Govt With No Direction – Financial Times / Grow Nigeria: Nigerians React To Saraki’s Message On Nigeria / Trump Said Buhari Is So Lifeless - Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by elda2303(m): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
[quote author=ericsmith post=58419681][/quote]

So you couldn't just hold yourself. Did you really have to reply.. of all he said the reply was ur deduction... SMH

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by ddippset(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
zanga420:

The kind of argument folks like you make baffles me. People are dying of hunger and you're twisting truth to suit your debate topic. Where is your morality, are you humane at all?
When will a bag rice return to N8k, when will food stuffs come down. Stop being morally wicked. I can't even talk now. Thanks
ok. So people started dying of hunger only in 2015 abi? For all the 16 years of pdp people were still saying they were dying of hunger. That's why they say Nigerians have tortoise mentality. The tortoise was in a hole for 50 days. When it heard they wanted to release it that's when it started shouting 'get me out of here I cannot stay another 1 hour in this hole'
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by ddippset(m): 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2017
justmenoni:
In life you need a plan B, what if we can't get income from oil based on natural or man made disasters.

What we need is diversity

agreed! If we want to start diversification today and we are 200 million people then the benefits will start manifesting not earlier than year 2020. It's not an overnight job. If pdp had diversified for 16 years we would be reaping from it today.
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by richieyy: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
oh even UK times noticed!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
ajepako:
Our economy will grow like you 'Bounce a dead cat by throwing it from 50 storey'

Who did we offend for God's sake?

Hahaha...I search for your type on Nairaland
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by guru03(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
surgical:
They are consulting and reharsing what to say, this is a heavy blow to be handle with kids glove,they are well paid they will surely respond.

You ooooo, we are waiting for their response.
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by IFNOTGOD(m): 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:
I am a million percent convinced that President Buhari had noble intentions in running for and assuming the seat of the presidency. Unfortunately he has been hampered by ill health and militancy. Yes militancy. For a period of over one whole year the Niger delta avengers blew up pipelines at will and the international oil market was far from booming. A barrel of nigerian oil got as low as 40$ per unit. It takes money to make money. It takes money to grow an economy. Nigeria is neither europe nor america and the author fails to realize this. The Nigerian economy defies the indices used for his experimentation. In europe and america there are no Igbos and boko harams. in europe and america the economy is not based on a single product, it is based on several products; it's already a diversified economy. In europe and america people don't loot money in billions. After over 30 years of looting and corruption we have to expect another 30 years for the country to be fixed. Ironically the same pdp which superintended over the destruction of Nigeria today see themselves as the messiahs, the God-sends, the ones to take us to the promise land, and they feel neither shame nor remorse in telling us that to our faces.

SHUT UP FACE D TRUTH

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by 989900: 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2017
Crapola.
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by kizyalex10(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:
I am a million percent convinced that President Buhari had noble intentions in running for and assuming the seat of the presidency. Unfortunately he has been hampered by ill health and militancy. Yes militancy. For a period of over one whole year the Niger delta avengers blew up pipelines at will and the international oil market was far from booming. A barrel of nigerian oil got as low as 40$ per unit. It takes money to make money. It takes money to grow an economy. Nigeria is neither europe nor america and the author fails to realize this. The Nigerian economy defies the indices used for his experimentation. In europe and america there are no Igbos and boko harams. in europe and america the economy is not based on a single product, it is based on several products; it's already a diversified economy. In europe and america people don't loot money in billions. After over 30 years of looting and corruption we have to expect another 30 years for the country to be fixed. Ironically the same pdp which superintended over the destruction of Nigeria today see themselves as the messiahs, the God-sends, the ones to take us to the promise land, and they feel neither shame nor remorse in telling us that to our faces.
sounding as if u re confused.who re the pdp u re referring to,orji uzo kalu was once a member,amaechi,even el rufai was a minister then.infact 80 percent of apc nw were once pdp members, even some people re still dumping pdp for apc nd yet apc re accepting them,does it mean that they re nw saints?even corruption as u stated,who thief pass amaechi nd tinubu in dis Morden day democracy.but they funded this apc led govt into power.so hw can buhari justify his fight against corruption whhen d chief culprit have nt been summoned instead reward them with ministerial appointment.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by positivetaught: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
Financial times must be corruption fighting back n should be declared an enemy of the state then destroy,how dare they!,buhari's intelligence, integrity n fitness is unquestionably, the change experience by the country in all sectors are indisputably audible to the deaf n clear to the blind, what the hell where is efcc?.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by zanga420: 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:
ok. So people started dying of hunger only in 2015 abi? For all the 16 years of pdp people were still saying they were dying of hunger. That's why they say Nigerians have tortoise mentality. The tortoise was in a hole for 50 days. When it heard they wanted to release it that's when it started shouting 'get me out of here I cannot stay another 1 hour in this hole'
release it how? That our economy will magically return to the way it was before 2015?
Please what's tortoise mentality?
That our GDP goes from growth to shrinking?
That we gave a mechanic a vehicle that's only leaking fuel and he's returning it as unmovable shapeless scrab?

Last time out I said the past admin did better someone said a prayer that, may my life be run as last admin ran the country and I said amen.

So since you're saying this present admin is doing well, 'releasing us from hole'
So lemme repeat that prayer, may your life be run like the present admin is running Nigerian, say Amen to affirm you're convinced in what you're defending. If you don't say Amen, the wickedness you're protecting fall on you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by Jollyzone(m): 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2017
How can the aboki do something to grow Nigeria economy when he is one week in Nigeria and one year in London?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by ddippset(m): 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2017
zanga420:
release it how? That our economy will magically return to the way it was before 2015?
That we gave a mechanic a vehicle that's only leaking fuel and he's returning it as unmovable shapeless scrab?

Last time out I said the past admin did better someone said a prayer that, may my life be run as last admin ran the country and I said amen.

So since you're saying this present admin is doing well, 'releasing us from hole'
So lemme repeat that prayer, may your life be run like the present admin is running Nigerian, say Amen to affirm you're convinced in what you're defending. If you don't say Amen, the wickedness you're protecting fall on you
let's both say amen. May my life be as Buhari plans to run this nation and I say amen. And May your life be the way gej ran this nation. Oya say amen.
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by ddippset(m): 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
zanga420:

you guys are just not using your brains right. Will Buhari manufacture GDP from his pocket? Everything is oil based. Everything depends on the oil you produce. Do you make even pin or toothpick in this country? For over 15 months of this regime oil was generating less than 25 percent of what it was during gej. Can't u guys get that into your greasy heads?
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by zanga420: 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:
let's both say amen. May my life be as Buhari plans to run this nation and I say amen. And May your life be the way gej ran this nation. Oya say amen.
I'm loving this challenge. 'As he plans'? Please plan is like dream, action is the determinant of judgement.
May my life be run as gej run Nigeria I say amen.
Now the prayer is also may your life be run as buhari is running Nigeria say Amen, stop twisting it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by poseidon12: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:

You are still stubbornly trying to justify your mistake, right? Obviously your eyes are yet to clear.
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by hodari: 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:
The biggest problem of this country today is that we have a certain political party who call themselves the PDP. They had promised to be in power for 60 years. They rigged 1999, they rigged 2003, they rigged 2007, they rigged 2011. Then they had a weak president in 2015 who was afraid to rig. Their body language now is to make the country ungovernable for the APC. But sorry to burst your bubble, the APC is not gej. By hook or by crook they will win 2019, 2023, 2027 and 2031. PDP should be ready to play opposition till 2035 at least.
Trash!

Is the Financial Times now PDP? If you've nothing important to say shut up abeg
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by zanga420: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:
you guys are just not using your brains right. Will Buhari manufacture GDP from his pocket? Everything is oil based. Everything depends on the oil you produce. Do you make even pin or toothpick in this country? For over 15 months of this regime oil was generating less than 25 percent of what it was during gej. Can't u guys get that into your greasy heads?
You make me laugh the way you configured your brain to reason it's really a pity. You talked of oil price drop, talked of us not manufacturing anything. Now let's take you on 'your point' do you have idea of how many firms that have closed down, downsized or producing below capacity since 2015? By your argument he's working so we can produce more, wow bravo. A nice 'plan' idea etc but the policies put in place is saying otherwise.
If we get you right, if he met 10 firms he wants us to have 20, unfortunately we have 4, so tell us about that?
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by madridsta007(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:

I am a million percent convinced that President Buhari had noble intentions in running for and assuming the seat of the presidency.

A million percent is quite a high number. What convinces you that much? Buhari's mightily impressive past record or his fantastic leadership and developmental CV or what?
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by ddippset(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
zanga420:
I'm loving this challenge. 'As he plans'? Please plan is like dream, action is the determinant of judgement.
May my life be run as gej run Nigeria I say amen.
Now the prayer is also may your life be run as buhari is running Nigeria say Amen, stop twisting it.
amen amen amen. Wtf. Gej? You are now like the proverbial stubborn fly which will follow the corpse to the grave. Don't complain when your kids start stealing tomorrow and tell you it's not corruption. Don't cry when you are so weak and incompetent tomorrow and your wife and children start controlling you. Remember this day in future when your wife wears the trouser and you wear the skirt. Weep not boy, just remember this day that you swore your life to be as gen ran Nigeria. Do not weep!
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by smileyoo: 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
in my living memory in this country, this is the worst govt so far. though the previous govt was not good enough, there was still little sparks of hope in some sectors of the economy.
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by zanga420: 8:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
hodari:

Trash!

Is the Financial Times now PDP? If you've nothing important to say shut up abeg

poseidon12:

You are still stubbornly trying to justify your mistake, right? Obviously your eyes are yet to clear.

The way some people reason make me laugh.
I've a personal experience.
There's this pastor, a good man, kind and all that. At a time he contested the head of his department, he won, cos everyone was happy to have a righteous man. Good.
In his tenure he doesn't touch money nor join in money discussions in the office. Colleagues working in his tenure had fill day. One small boy accountant become mega rich overnight. Before two years the department was broke that it started borrowing from the main organization and he didn't sense danger that for the 1st time, it's in his tenure our department borrowed. Since our department had borrowed in two consecutive quarters allowances for staff of the department was stopped. Still more trouble until the organization HQ intervened and noticed that the department was in deep shit. He's tenure of 4yrs ended in 2yrs 8months. And it was also those 'corrupt' colleagues that took over from him and salvaged the department from rot. Please governance and management is different from personal character. There are drunkards, womanizers that are great managers with midas touch. Let's learn to separate these things.
As for you @ddippset yes, I get your point, for whatsoever reason your defense is. But wisdom is by not making yourself a fool in blind defense of what is glaring. I doubt if you understand what damage done now means to future generation. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by zanga420: 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:
amen amen amen. Wtf. Gej? You are now like the proverbial stubborn fly which will follow the corpse to the grave. Don't complain when your kids start stealing tomorrow and tell you it's not corruption. Don't cry when you are so weak and incompetent tomorrow and your wife and children start controlling you. Remember this day in future when your wife wears the trouser and you wear the skirt. Weep not boy, just remember this day that you swore your life to be as gen ran Nigeria. Do not weep!
I love this, thanks for the Amen may it be unto you as you agreed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by ddippset(m): 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
zanga420:

The way some people reason make me laugh.
I've a personal experience.
There's this pastor, a good man, kind and all that. At a time he contested the head of his department, he won, cos everyone was happy to have a righteous man. Good.
In his tenure he doesn't touch money nor join in money discussions in the office. Colleagues working in his tenure had fill day. One small boy accountant become mega rich overnight. Before two years the department was broke that it started borrowing from the main organization and he didn't sense danger that for the 1st time, it's in his tenure our department borrowed. Since our department had borrowed in two consecutive quarters allowances for staff of the department was stopped. Still more trouble until the organization HQ intervened and noticed that the department was in deep shit. He's tenure of 4yrs ended in 2yrs 8months. And it was also those 'corrupt' colleagues that took over from him and salvaged the department from rot. Please governance and management is different from personal character. There are drunkards, womanizers that are great managers with midas touch. Let's learn to separate these things.
As for you @ddippset yes, I get your point, for whatsoever reason your defense is. But wisdom is by not making yourself a fool in blind defense of what is glaring. I doubt if you understand what damage done now means to future generation. Cheers
my position I understand is a minority position and I dont give a hoot. I am not trying to be politically correct. Fuuuccck that. The only fools are those who expect Buhari to turn a country of over 30 years of rot around in 2 years. What I don't understand is why people want to pretend that this nation didn't lose trillions of dollars between 2015 and 2016 when the world oil market collapsed and avengers were blowing up everything? Why do people want to wipe that history? Because they hate the man Buhari? I am not defending this government, I am only being reasonable and not being a fool like all of you. The logic is too simple to understand. If your employer reduces your salary from 200k to 100k for up to 2 years even your 5 year old kid will ask you questions. Very simple! This country was destroyed for over 30 years, 2 years cannot fix it, even 10 years cannot fix it.
Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by princejayboss: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:

This is what I hate, good intentions is nonsense reason ... he failed QED

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by zanga420: 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2017
ddippset:
my position I understand is a minority position and I dont give a hoot. I am not trying to be politically correct. Fuuuccck that. The only fools are those who expect Buhari to turn a country of over 30 years of rot around in 2 years. What I don't understand is why people want to pretend that this nation didn't lose trillions of dollars between 2015 and 2016 when the world oil market collapsed and avengers were blowing up everything? Why do people want to wipe that history? Because they hate the man Buhari? I am not defending this government, I am only being reasonable and not being a fool like all of you. The logic is too simple to understand. If your employer reduces your salary from 200k to 100k for up to 2 years even your 5 year old kid will ask you questions. Very simple! This country was destroyed for over 30 years, 2 years cannot fix it, even 10 years cannot fix it.
I'm replying for that Amen you said. It means you put your believe in what you say. As they normally say 'put your money where your mouth is' even if you might be blinded in your belief. But don't bring insults to this discussion, I want us to reason without being beclouded. Simple reasoning 1+1=2. Nobody hate buhari rather he had opportunity to prove his critics wrong yet he's giving them louder voice with his actions and inactions to prove that his antecedents they was right.
1.Please is it today that oil prices started fluctuating in the international market.
2. You didn't answer my questions about firms closing down in contrast to the promise of we producing on our own which means having more firms.
3. Is it budget that oil price fluctuations affect or firms operating and manufacturing.
We are talking of bad policies that crumbled the economy you're talking of oil price.
Alot of wrong actions taken initially that messed up things is what brought us here not oil. Oil only affects more of budget and it's capital/recurrent expenditure.
Unfortunately when most of those unfavorable policies were looked into things have already gone south. Please stop defending things that lack logic and reasoning. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times by justmenoni: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2017
What/who is PDP?

ddippset:
agreed! If we want to start diversification today and we are 200 million people then the benefits will start manifesting not earlier than year 2020. It's not an overnight job. If pdp had diversified for 16 years we would be reaping from it today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Isanlu Bank Robbery In Kogi: Dino Melaye Blames Last Election / Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt / EFCC Replies Deji Adeyanju Over N24b New EFCC Building Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.