Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,141 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal (20346 Views)

UI PG Students Create A Learning Hub For Researchers And Teachers / Schedule Of Clearance And Registration For 2016/2017 New Pg Students / Part Time PG Students Of OOU Ogun State Should Please Confirm This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by kellyboo: 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
*UNIVERSITY OF BENIN COUNCIL / MANAGEMENT PULLS OUT FROM TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT (TSA)*
The University of Benin Council/ Management pulls out from Treasury Single Account (TSA),
Opens an account with Unity Bank, Uniben Branch: Account title: Uniben Staff Retreat/ External Assessors, Account no: 0014419470. The aforementioned account is used to drain postgraduate students on or before completion of their program. The PG students are forced to pay #30000, #60000, and #90000 for PgD, MSc and PhD students respectively into the account all in the name of paying for External Examiners for project/oral defense, while the students through their departments are also mandated to pay External Examiners at the point of oral defense on the premise that the school cannot access the account domicile at unity Bank. Studying in UNIBEN and upon completion of your study, you are made to realize that you cannot get your result approved by the senate or do the relevant clearance after approval by senate to get your statement of result/ certificate until you pay the said amount. Our certificates are being kidnapped for a ransom fee of #30000, #60000 and #90000 for PgD, MSc and PhD students respectively. Fellow Nigerian students, are postgraduate students to pay for the retreat of staff in the university of Benin? Pls let's join hands together and help stop this corrupt practice in the institution.

EFCC, ICPC and other relevant financial institutions should conduct proper investigation on the issue to stop this corrupt act.

Read and share until it get to all relevant authorities.

32 Likes 11 Shares

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by samlestic(m): 9:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hmmm... Its a terrible cause. After d 60k, Departments well ask u to pay another 60k. Dats a total of 120k aside school fees, and accomodation

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by kyrianken(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Is only in this Nation u c people change the terms of a contract while it is still on. The system never included that in the program more painfully some persons that have done their defence say 5 months ago are also asked to pay the money too. God help Nig

7 Likes

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Ayolincon(m): 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2017
This is babaric... U dont change the rules of a game in d middle of the game.... This money is too much after spending lots in d programme...

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Brocub(m): 6:32am On Jul 14, 2017
Senseless on the part of PG school uniben. That fee is outrageous
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
Pathetic. You people should tell Bubu when he comes back from London. He will send DSS after your VC

8 Likes

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by DaShiiCray(f): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
#ThesisFeeMustGo
#OmozuwaMustGo
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Drversatile: 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
What rubbish? Where is EFCC when you need them most?

EFCC ICPC UNIBEN needs to be visited

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by banmee(m): 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
Giant of Africa. grin
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by ariwokoigbore(m): 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
let d needfull be done
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
grin

Most of these Kangaroo money are usually of the government consent.

So stop wasting your time calling a thief to catch a thief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Narldon: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
Oya, Whistle-Blowers come oooo... shocked

Lalasticlala, you haff hear this one??

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by ajbabs(m): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
Unuliversity of Ibadan will not do so, that is to the best of my knowledge and experience during my postgraduate days there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by madgoat(m): 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
Lol... Its now whistleblowing on all schools. First it was UNILAG dental students , now its UNIBEN post-graduate students grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by BornAgainMay: 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Nigeria is a joke.. No wonder why we smile in miss of suffering
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by askjohnprosper: 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
guyman come Uniport. it is even worst here.here is from #50000. better thank Goodness

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Oblongata: 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
grin
U manage graduate for Nigeria u no find free tuition for obodo oyinbo go u are on a long thing

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by obonujoker(m): 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
You think the govt doesn't already know??

That's why I said pple should join Nnamdi KANU for revolution, buh you are running away from inevitability....

You better pay up and stop complaining here....

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Agbaletu: 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
I paid 90k into that unity bank account before my oral PhD defence and also paid another 89k to the department because the PG school claimed they couldn't access the fund in unity bank.
I was told that from the month of July/2017 no PG student will pay to the department again but they will maintain the unity bank account. I was also made to understand that When your result is ready, you will be issued a cheque to get the money you paid for the oral defence. I still don't believe that Uniben PG school is playing game.

5 Likes

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by armadeo(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
Naija for life

Let us continue.

Ps education is cheap in this cou try hence it's like tissue paper.
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by ivolt: 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
obonujoker:
You think the govt doesn't already know??

That's why I said pple should join Nnamdi KANU for revolution, buh you are running away from inevitability....

You better pay up and stop complaining here....

You sure sound like a joker.
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by loadedvibes: 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
Uniben again

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by Blackie46(m): 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Corrupt practices has eaten deep into the very fabrics of our tertiary institutions. Imagine such outragious extortions under the guise of providing retreat for external supervisors. A professor who earns nothing less than 600k and still cannot take his greedy eyes off this barbaric act. Surprisingly, these supervisors or examiners are heavily paid for their supervisory roles and the useless thesis they examine. UNIBEN is particularly notorious for this act of daylight robbery. You can imagine a school were final year part time students are deliberately delayed to spend extra year in school to register just one course so that they can pay their exorbitant fees in a different account prescribed to them by their departments. Surprisingly, you will hear them lament how corrupt Nigeria has become while forgeting that they are perfect epitome of corruption themselves.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by OVI75(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
ivolt:

You sure sound like a joker.

U re d Worst Joker
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by OVI75(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
Uniben,Sound like the Name of An Ex galfrnd
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by profudus(m): 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=Agbaletu post=58661867]I paid 90k into that unity bank account before my oral PhD defence and also paid another 89k to the department because the PG school claimed they couldn't access the fund in unity bank.
I was told that from the month of July/2017 no PG student will pay to the department again but they will maintain the unity bank account. If our children are left in the hands of corrupt lecturers like the UNIBENS and the others, then Nigeria has no future. EFCC and ICPC, it is time to clean our Ivory towers off this cancerworm. A special whistleblowing platform should be Created for the purpose of nipping the activities of corrupt institutions in bud.
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by jazinogold(m): 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
Greatest Uniben students.....Great!
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by IMASTEX: 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
I keep wondering the rational behind such act in the first place. What a country!!!
Re: UNIBEN PG Students' Ordeal by easzypeaszy(m): 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
Mtchhhwww mine is 120k in Udus n u r talking..
I just paid d 4rth times dis yr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Destructive Habits Every University Student Should Let Go / 87 Students Bag First Class In UNILAG / Tuition Fees In Nigeria Private Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.