Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders (41461 Views)

7 Reasons Why Degree Holders Are Poor By Malam Mamuda Kabir DUTSINMA / Depressed Man Sets His Bsc And NYSC Certificates On Fire / Official | FG Approves Equal Salaries For HND, Degree Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by femi2u: 10:29am On Jul 14, 2017
HAH:
There is still difference since HND holder will be senior inspectors and Bsc assistant superintendent II
CORRECT
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by misspineapple(f): 10:34am On Jul 14, 2017
Thank God..bt wud it b implemented?
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Holarjithey: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2017
Thank God for that.... Nigeria go they better.....
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by ikp120(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2017
lonelydora:
That means the people that designed the educational curriculum are so stupid. Even though most people will jubilate over this, but there's difference between SSCE, OND, HND, BACHELORS, MASTERS, and PhD holders.
Why not equate SSCE and B.Sc too? Or Masters and PhD? Organisations pay different salaries for a reason.

HR personnel should throw more light.

Well, after all in the present Nigeria, OND/HND are getting jobs more than B.Sc/Masters holders. Not because of experience or what, but for 'Cheap' labour.

For those quoting me....I'm not jealous. I like the way FG removed the dichotomy, but it's wrong to generally say both degrees are equal. Secondary schools can never be the same with Commercial schools.
It's obvious that you don't even know that HND and BSC are "basically" the same, since the HND is the graduate certification from a Polytechnic, while BSC is the graduate certification from a university.
Both are tertiary institutions.

Masters, PGD (post graduate diploma) and PhD are post graduate certifications.

I can't believe you even compared secondary school to tertiary institutions. Na wa o. You are supposed to know the hierarchy of academic institutions by now na. From nursery to primary to secondary to tertiary(University, polytechnic, college of education, etc} to post graduate.

3 Likes

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by nosa73(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2017
merits:
tank God
baba God thank u
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by altitudee: 11:23am On Jul 14, 2017
nah to day.... e don tey..... HND to degree conversion program at your disposal..... better than going through PGD i think
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 14, 2017
Good one, do you know that many parents reject prospective inlaws because they have HND, too bad.

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by awa(m): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2017
obiezed:
This is one of the things wrong with Nigerians and the way we think in this country.
I have no problems with equating salaries in federal institutions, but the F.G has no right to tell me who to hire or what to pay them in my organization. A b.sc can never be the same as a H.Nd because the entry requirements are different. Most people end up in polys because their SSCE's were not good enough or they couldn't make jamb.period. now giving them the same grade as people who work the asses off to earn B.Sc is unfair and ridiculous. Why don't we just scrap polytechnics then and make them all universities with the same basic entry requirements for all ??.then equate their grades and salaries.

HND holders are employing thousands of people ...if you doubt me go ask Slot Mobile Owner.
Stop hating and for once simply believe that Paper qualification has been killing our national development for a long time now.
Let's pay people for what they are able to produce in workplace.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by realjoker(m): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2017
BiafranYouths:
This is a welcomed development, the only good news I've heard since this administration came on board, kudos to all H. N. D holders Victory acerte
Lol. So no more fighting for biafra?
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Awoo88: 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
owaeghianye:
it is only non government organizations that discriminate.
government organizations or institutions don't discriminate. especially federal institutions
I remember when I was employed in Uniben 2014. some of my colleagues were Hnd holder and mine was Bsc. we all were on same salary scale, level and step. they gave everybody level 7
in fact a friend of mine got level 8 with Hnd and we were surprised not until Uniben explain to us that it was because he graduated ten years ago.
Your progress will not be at the same rate and you cadres are deferent
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
I hope it all goes well.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Kennedy767(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
is the same thing..hnd to stat from SENIOR INSPECTOR while bsc to stat from ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDED II which still a. step higher. and again is just only paramilitary work only like IMMIGRATION WORK,CIVIL DEFENSE WORK,FIRE FORCE WORK ONLY..
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
destinychildolu:

http://punchng.com/fg-approves-equal-salaries-for-hnd-degree-holders/

Usual APC lies n dreams.

It will never happen.

There's nowhere in the world that a Degree holder earns same amount of HND holders. The people fighting for this to happen do not even know what it means or entails.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by mustaphasaidu: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Good development!
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by MadCow1: 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
This is purely for the Civil Service not Private sector. Especially not in the Science and Engineering Field. A Diploma is never the same as a Full Degree.

2 Likes

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
This is a welcomed development, the only good news I've heard since this administration came on board, kudos to all H. N. D holders Victory

Hmmm story story Ooo
...the question Is will the Companies they Implement It!!!
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by DCZino(m): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Same old story... Na God go hlp we HND Holders
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
if it is like that dem wan do am make masters and graduate dey earn the same plus this doesn't help cuz private organization will still do what they want with payment the constitution should allow government regulate private organization renumeration towards their employees...
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Usual APC lies n dreams.

It will never happen.

There's nowhere in the world that a Degree holder earns same amount of HND holders. The people fighting for this to happen do not even know what it means or entails.
its true though that is why most organization like to employ HND holders cuz graduates are too expensive...HND holders and some ajepako graduates are ready to earn any amount they offer them...after all is not not to punch computer so they are ready to employ HND holders... even universities do not employ we graduates they still insist we go get masters are they crazy after spending close to 5 years u are telling me to go back to school again and get additional knowledge... may God help this country only we youths can restructure ourselves we need to stand up and fight for right this is shameful and unjust.... 2019 election should be different we don't want the same head to be ruling us we need a to organize ourselves and find a leader

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by BENSIR: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
GOOD ONE
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Teawhy2011: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
Wao! At last! Proud to be HND (Mass comm) holder,I rep MAPOLY

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
All the polytechnic graduates on this forum had an orgasm reading this news. Good for you all but it's time most of you stopped hating

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by unlimitedgrace4: 2:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
HAH:
There is still difference since HND holder will be senior inspectors and Bsc assistant superintendent II

I tire oooo...in my organization,we were trained DAT supretendent cadre(Bsc) do not give complement to inspectorate cadre(HND) holders irrespective of their level ,be it level 9 to 11...d discrimination was so alarming...some of us just dey use omoluwabi take dey respect dose HND Wey senior us for level for fear of African magic
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by hotwax: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
But seriously, ever since I have been interviewing computer science graduates. HND graduate are far ahead of University counterpart. Nigerian education system is overate jare

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by tosyne2much(m): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
vicfuntop:
All the polytechnic graduates on this forum had an orgasm reading this news. Good for you all but it's time most of you stopped hating
So, you mean I also had an orgasm towards this news? cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by sophiathefirst: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
A welcomed development. And federal government should also kindly replicate this as well for those holding school of nursing certificate to be equal with their degree holders counterpart. They can as well go to service after school. The disparities are quite unfair. They all read the same nursing, even those from school of nursing have more practical experience.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Obongawanesther(f): 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
lonelydora:
That means the people that designed the educational curriculum are so stupid. Even though most people will jubilate over this, but there's difference between SSCE, OND, HND, BACHELORS, MASTERS, and PhD holders.
Why not equate SSCE and B.Sc too? Or Masters and PhD? Organisations pay different salaries for a reason.

HR personnel should throw more light.

Well, after all in the present Nigeria, OND/HND are getting jobs more than B.Sc/Masters holders. Not because of experience or what, but for 'Cheap' labour.

For those quoting me....I'm not jealous. I like the way FG removed the dichotomy, but it's wrong to generally say both degrees are equal. Secondary schools can never be the same with Commercial schools.
....illiterate in highest order...pls put ur ass down....jealousy no pay.....5 years in poly, some uni is 4years, same jamb and aptitude test for both admission, poly is even more stressed than uni.....Kudos to FG......JEALOUSY DEY SMELL FOR UR YANSH......do u even know wat a higher institution is? pocket ur wicked jealousy n stop showcasing it

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Obongawanesther(f): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
ikp120:
It's obvious that you don't even know that HND and BSC are "basically" the same, since the HND is the graduate certification from a Polytechnic, while BSC is the graduate certification from a university.
Both are tertiary institutions.

Masters, PGD (post graduate diploma) and PhD are post graduate certifications.

I can't believe you even compared secondary school to tertiary institutions. Na wa o. You are supposed to know the hierarchy of academic institutions by now na. From nursery to primary to secondary to tertiary(University, polytechnic, college of education, etc} to post graduate.
. don't mind d idiot...mumu dey smell.....jamb vs f
jamb, aptitude test vs aptitude test, 5 years in poly but some courses r 4 years in uni, same matriculation, some uni even write obj in exams, comparing Tertiary institution to secondary skull makes me wonder d kind mumu where dey worry am....kudos to FG for d new development
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
vicfuntop:
Hmmmmm. Orgasm lipsrsealed
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
tosyne2much:
So, you mean I also had an orgasm towards this news? cheesy

Good. I like it. You were humble enough to admit it grin. I don't actually have a problem with their graduates. Most of them are really sound while some just love making noise when it comes to issues like this.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
CreamyMoltenLar:
Hmmmmm. Orgasm lipsrsealed

Yes. Did you have one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ritualists Now Attacking Schools (photos) / Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria / Nigerian Female Lawyer And Her Father: Before And After Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.