Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 (11393 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: New FIFA President Has Just Been Elected! / Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by supereagle(m): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2010
Shame to Amodu Must Go Camp. Long Live FIFA. This divine intervention. Amodu carry Go. NFF must stand firm to encourage Amodu. PTF must not mislead them.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by zaragoza(m): 8:40am On Feb 04, 2010
Amodu might be a good coach, but d truth is that super eagles is bigger than him! He doesnt command respect in d team and so therefore cannot bring out the best in d players!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by otukpo(f): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2010
this ranking is just deceiving the NFF.
Nig. football is going down down down.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by namdo(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2010
I said before, i will say it again: Allow Amodu to finish chewing his cord and swallow if he can. He has qualified SE for world cup without losing a match. Tunisia will not tell you the world cup qualifiers was easy. In as much as I don't see much of what Amodu does positively or technically during matches, his boys some how come out with scrapy results. His SE made it to third place in the last AFCON in Angola leading to improved Fifa ranking. This is possible seeing SE played some friendlies in which they did not do badly before the nations cup.
Let Amodu and his SE team be left alone until after south africa 2010 and then after that it would obvious that we need a different and better SE team. If we keep attacking instead of encouraging we would end up bringing the worst performance from the team but i think what they need is encouragement and support so that they can do their best and maybe make it to second round in SA world cup.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by otokx(m): 9:19am On Feb 04, 2010
Congratulations Nigeria
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by toyboy1(m): 9:22am On Feb 04, 2010
I am no fan of Amodu shuaibu, but i think the FIFA ranking is about right as we see it. looking back at the last 20 Games of our SE, its obvious that the statistics or wins, Draws and loses favours us well, not cos of Amodus' technical inputs or the Players commitments to all the games played, but rather by luck and providence by the God of soccer.
About Amodu, a tentative decision will be taken  on him by NFF tomorrow, i am of the opinion that he should not be sacked, but a sound technical adviser should be recruited to fill in the obvious technical gap in the coaching crew, while Amodu should remain as head coach, rem Christain Chuckwu/Westerhof days.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by pek(m): 9:24am On Feb 04, 2010
i hope nobody takes that ranking seriously! when we do badly ,we are ranked high. when we perform well, we are ranked low. i can bet my pay cheque that Nigeria will comfortably lose to the 40th ranked team.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by oge4real(f): 9:45am On Feb 04, 2010
So?
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by madaboyeg: 9:45am On Feb 04, 2010
[center]
[size=14pt] i'm proud to be African[/size]

============================

[/center]
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 04, 2010
who dash monkey banana,amodu must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Marymos: 9:53am On Feb 04, 2010
I'm among those who have continuously stated in this forum that employing a foreign coach will be a wrong decision and will result to woeful performance at the world cup when we just have only 4 months left.Other Africa countries are strategising and have embarked on good plans that  will help their team to do better and we are here singing and shouting Amodu must go,sack Amodu.
A coach that qualify us for the world,came 3rd at the nation's cup and we are ranked 15th in FIFA world ranking.Haba Nigerians what do we want?Zambia team that we won at the nations cup were giving heroic welcome when they got to Zambia.If our own super eagle that won bronze had come to Nigeria,they would have been stoned and Amodu would have been killed by now.Lets lower our expectation a little if not we may give ourselves hypertension and high blood pressure during the world cup if eventually a foreign technical adviser is employed.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by pek(m): 10:20am On Feb 04, 2010
i hope nobody takes that ranking seriously! when we do badly ,we are ranked high. when we perform well, we are ranked low. i can bet my pay cheque that Nigeria will comfortably lose to the 40th ranked team.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by ochukoccna: 10:34am On Feb 04, 2010
Hamodu to go or to stay?
Hmnn! undecided undecided undecided
9ja football locked between the devil and the deep blue sea lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by DOAweb(m): 10:56am On Feb 04, 2010
shilling:

How on earth did this happen?

Hope the SE'S get encouraged by this.

Same thinking here my guy!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by chelseabmw(m): 10:59am On Feb 04, 2010
Congrats nigeria
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by CarlosVent(m): 11:11am On Feb 04, 2010
this is good luck to Amodu cos he has luck even though most of his works are questionable buts its always there in every coach.

Amodu ur the man for the world cup with siasia and kechi.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Ben13: 11:12am On Feb 04, 2010
[size=15pt]FIFA Mocks Nigeria[/size] shoulda been the thread's Title. grin
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by toosoon(m): 11:18am On Feb 04, 2010
It is result that matters and not beautiful football.

Lets go there!!!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Dammyray(m): 11:19am On Feb 04, 2010
Shiorrrrrrrr
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by kristonium(m): 11:25am On Feb 04, 2010
@the poster
where is Ghana that defeated us in the list?
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Ikhilor(m): 11:28am On Feb 04, 2010
The results obtained in the past two years put us there.Those who still think FIFA is wrong should go do something else,we are talking football here.Shuaibu Amodu may not be the most charismatic of coaches, he sure know,s what he,s doing.He beat France in at home with a team of mostly young players, that,s what we should advice him to do now, not throwing the baby with the bathwater.Nigerians, appreciate what you have and if need be, upgrade it/him. Amodu has already stated he,s open to working with other Nigerians to build a solid team,we already have local coaches with enough experience to add to that of Amodu, and the sky will be the limit.NO to FOREIGN MERCENARIES ON OUR SHORES
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Ikhilor(m): 11:30am On Feb 04, 2010
Brazil, Argentina ,Germany et all, don,t play beautiful football all the time but the emphasis is always on winning,that,s what Amodu is doing.Let him be.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by kolemm: 11:37am On Feb 04, 2010
I think FIFA's ranking is not really based on U-23 team or whatever, I think its a general performance of the country as a whole. And this may be inclusive of U-17, Female team etc
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Emmyk(m): 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2010
For you who critized Amodu last week, and praising him 2day, YOU ARE SO UNSTABLE AND U AR SO BUSTED!!! Well, to me, Fifa Ranked Nigeria not just 4 the matchest super eagles played BUT ALSO each players performance and club current position, premier leagues,premiership etc If Ivory coast took d third place, they would have been highly ranked as well,due to chelsea's position and other clubs they play 4.If u not convenient wif the ranking,just sue fifa 2 court! Simple! And stop sayin Ghana shud be highly ranked 2 nigeria Brotha! ^^,
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Ndeewonu: 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2010
Mine is, IF NIGERIA IS CONFIRMED DEAD,

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO AFRICAN FOOTBALL? (Egypt is the best at 10th position)
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Justcash(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2010
The Eagles deserve it.

We have been recording impressive scores, though the quality of play has been questionable.

Do You know that the Eagles did not lose a Single match during the whole of the World cup and Nations cup qualifiers?

Do you know that the Eagles won the bronze after beating Algeria that eliminated Cameroun and Mali?

Do you know that We have not lost one friendly match since Amodu took over the helm of Eagle's affairs?

Do you know that the quality of Eagles play improved as the Nations cup went on, and unknown sturbborn teams (Mozambique,Zambia) fell by the way side?

Amodu needs to get a technical assistance from a professional. Apart from that, I am okay with him.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by emekagh(m): 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
Let me add my voice to the growing voices asking that Amodu should not be sacked. The reasons are not far fetched:

1. Amodu with $180,000 annual salary did better that Berti Goats Vogts paid in excess of millions of dollars

2. Amodu qualified Nigeria for 2002 world, only to be sack for coming third in the nations cup of that year. His replacement failed to win a single match at the world cup in 2002. We expect so much but personally a lot of us deliver even so little

3. Amodu is not good, Amodu is not good, yet he did better that the highly rated Ivorians, Cameroon, Mali, and co

4. Amodu win ratio is higher than even Morinho. who played 3 draws, won 2, and lost 1 to get to the second knock-out stage of the Champions league. Yet the latter is branded a 'genius' and the former branded 'inept'.

5. When it happened that Keshi qualified Togo for world cup and was sacked, we all scream blue murder, yet some want the same thing to happen to Amodu, not once but twice. Not fair is a understatement - a labourer deserves his wages. (Both Amodu and Keshi are good enough to represent Nigeria, nay Africa at the world greatest football mundal.

6. I could go on, but  the final point is that Amodu is Nigerian, a full bloodied black man who is trying to rise above the fray, let us for once support and encourage our own. PHD (Pull Him Down) and crab mentality is killing us.

Support your own, support Amodu, buy Nigeria!!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Meldrick(m): 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2010
The comments I read on this site makes me realize the number of witches and wizards in this country is on the increase. This is the reason why this country is like this.

They never rejoice at any good news concerning their own country, Instead they rejoice at evil reports that affect the country. Nigeria ranked 15th in the present FIFA ranking and a lot of people are saying FIFA made a mistake, FIFA is wrong in their rankigs.

The yoruba man will say AJE BURUKU.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by lawrence83: 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2010
Who is decieving who?
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by OpeLovely(f): 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2010
If Nigeria had gotten their act together, probably, we would be in Egypt's position as Rgypt is only good for nations cup and perform badly at the world cup. But 15th is still good, ut can be better. Thumbs up Nigeria!!!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by aje49ja(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
All of u that is after Amodu are all fools, coauch is not good but he take u to wc, which white man cannot do 4 u, he let u come with something in ACN, ok go and sack arsene wenger, 4 the past 5yrs have not handle any cup 2 show, Bleep u all. Amudu the best coach of eagles
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Dejipumpin(m): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2010
As far as am concerned, FIFA Ranking is not a true reflection of the dexterity, capacilities & potentials of our national team.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

French Open 2019: WTA / Week 39 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 30 March 2024 / Super Falcons Loss In The WAFCON What Is The Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.