Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 (11391 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: New FIFA President Has Just Been Elected! / Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by toosoon(m): 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2010
Top ten in Africa:

1. Egypt (10th worldwide)

2. Nigeria (15th worldwide)

3. Cameroon ( 20th worldwide)

4. Ivory Coast (22nd worldwide)

5. Ghana (27th worldwide)

6. Algeria (31st worldwide)

7. Gabon (44th worldwide)

8. Burkina Faso (51st worldwide)

9. Mali (53rd worldwide)

10. Tunisia (55th worldwide)
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2010
I will admit that i am not too familiar as per how all these are rated, but will like to know how come Nigeria is up there in the standing, we have not done well of late . . . how come we are above ghana?
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by beemex(m): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2010
Its this form of deceit that doesn't allow us improve our game. NONSENSE!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by TMmoney: 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2010
We've got 14 more steps to climb to get to number one. This is very possible by winning the world cup. lol!!!!!!!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Fhemmmy: 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2010
TMmoney:

We've got 14 more steps to climb to get to number one. This is very possible by winning the world cup. lol!!!!!!!

If they will send those one that fumble in the African Cup, then, it is either you have been having fun with drinks or u just cracking some jokes
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by ikeyman00(m): 11:13pm On Feb 04, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
[size=34pt]
this thread make me sicccccccccccccccccccccccccccck!!!![/size]

i have read all the bullcrap written in here and i cant help rather wonder the reason Nigeria is in such a mess; big mess

are these people thinking from their azz; this is incredibly amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

this is one of the reason i just cant be bother to comment cuz yall make me siccccccccccccccccccccck!!!!

fine

num 1; that Nigeria dnt deserve 15Th; well sometimes i wonder if me and u and u and u watch the same match; that's all i could say Ghana bla blah blah, as far as football is concern Ghana ain't what yall making it to look,if it wasn't about the lucky break through goal at the last minute of first half and late goal through defensive error of the usual suspect taiwo in last African  cup of nation they couldn't have won; this year me glad just like someone elsewhere that we lost so amodu could finally leave for Good and lets not dwell on so much Chance the SE blew!!! the Ghanaian called in and questioning if eagles deserve it however the same people failed to recall em mm ivory coast beat them and still Ghana are on top of them in the ranking

num2; should amodu stay? hmmmm this is like asking if yaradua should stay; sometimes i wonder shocked shocked shocked shocked

lets just close this; let siasia plough what is due for god's  sake

and y'all stop all these bull sh ittttttttttttttttttt
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Bambad: 6:36am On Feb 05, 2010
Who dash monkey banana?
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Willyblinks(m): 7:45am On Feb 05, 2010
I've got no problem with nigeria being in the 15th position coz i feel the ranking is done not just from a tournaments result but collection of plays i'm rather abt tunisia at 55 behind garbon, mali i mean are they that bad?
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by An0nimus: 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2010
I dont get.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Nezan(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
Though am not a football addict, a friend once told me that those rankings are done bearing in mind:

1. Past performances.

2. Youth soccer achievements.

3. Women soccer achievements, e.t.c.

So when you aggregate this, you will not deny Nigeria that positioning. It is not solely based on Super Eagles' performance.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by init4dmoni(m): 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2010
^^
that still doesn't prove why got more points than Ghana after the tournament
maybe this time yakubu and amodu joined jazz to blind fifa instead of using it on the nff, as a goodbye gift >tongue
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by ikeyman00(m): 11:17pm On Feb 05, 2010
^^^^

and does that proof the reason ghana got more point than ivory coast even as they were beaten by ivory coast

the thing is nl talk too much s hit
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Smi1(m): 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2010
naija dey try sha grin grin
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Willyblinks(m): 12:24am On Feb 06, 2010
@ Ikeyman00

Are you angry at the thread or the way its being discussed coz your post indicates you are not happy about something. Its been said here that the ranking is based on past performance and other games played thus Ghana could win Nigeria yet we out rank them. {same as that which you mentioned} Pls help me see your point coz i'm not getting it yet.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by nnajiofo: 1:36am On Feb 06, 2010
I don't think the eagles deserved it.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by Virgo83(m): 10:01am On Feb 06, 2010
@JeSoul:: You are wonderful for posting that on here.

@nnajiofo:: thank you for that comment but if the Eagles deserve not it, what about the Nigerian League that is doing good and is rated 3rd in Africa, what about the Nigerian Football Journalist that has been on the fore front of the campaign for good Footballing, what about me and you the fans of the not the Super eagles but the Nigerian Football. So, if the Super Eagles doesn't worth that ranking I strongly think the Nigerian Football deserves it.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by dlox01(m): 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2010
can someone please point out Ghana, shocked shocked shocked na wa for this ranking o!!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by honeric01(m): 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2010
Yes, if only Amodu was white and still played football the way the SE played

He would have been compared with the 2004 Greek coach that played ugly football, yet won the 2004 European cup.

there's no difference between what the SE under amodu played and the one the Greek of 2004 played

if only amodu was white

2 worldcup clarifications

1 bronze medal

15th place in the world (our 2nd highest ranking ever)

2 place in Africa (even with our tired legs)

if only amodu was white

Take heart Amodu, those who contributed to your demotion shall be visited with the harvest of their seeds.
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by mastalee(m): 2:58am On Feb 09, 2010
The problem of Nigerian Football is
Not Amodu!
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by dsteriodz(m): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2010
is Fifa tryin 2 say that for now nigeria is the second best african country?
Re: New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 by dapriest1(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
vislabraye: I dont see the benefits of FIFA ranknig even if we are no. 1.
Nigeria is known to be one of the biggest footballing nations in Africa and also the world. But doing well in the mundial will make me happier
I BELEIVE UARE SPEAKIN M MIND. I DREAM OF THE DAY WE WILL TAKE THE WORLD BY SURPRISE AND MAKE GOD WU IS A NIGERIAN HAPPY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

French Open 2019: WTA / Week 39 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 30 March 2024 / Super Falcons Loss In The WAFCON What Is The Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.