Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door (12416 Views)

President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) / VP Osinbajo Meets Nigeria’s Oldest Surviving Soldier In Lagos (photo) / President Buhari Meets Dogara And Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by nurex01(m): 5:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Thursday night met behind closed doors with some principal officers of the House of Representatives.

The meeting which was held inside Osinbajo’s official residence, Aguda House, inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja was said to have started at about 10pm.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, led other principal officers to the meeting.

Some presidential aides also joined Osinbajo at the meeting which was believed to be part of efforts aimed at resolving the row between the National Assembly and the Executive.

The House of Representatives had on Tuesday handed down a seven-day ultimatum to the Acting President to inaugurate the two ministers-designate that were screened by the Senate in May.

The Senate has also been at loggerheads with the Executive over the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, who has remained in office despite that the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly had rejected his nomination twice.

Osinbajo had so far failed to inaugurate the two ministers who were on May 3 confirmed by the Senate, Stephen Ocheni (Kogi) and Suleiman Hassan (Gombe).

The slots of Kogi and Gombe States in the federal cabinet had been vacant following the death of the Minister of State for Labour, Mr. James Ocholi (SAN), in an accident on March 6, 2016; and the appointment of former Minister of the Environment, Amina Mohammed, as the Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations.

The Acting President had also told State House correspondents on Wednesday that he had no date in mind for the inauguration.

http://punchng.com/osinbajo-meets-dogara-reps-behind-closed-door-2/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by sarrki(m): 6:00am On Jul 14, 2017
nurex01:
K

Op where is the topic ?
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by nurex01(m): 6:09am On Jul 14, 2017
Politics Vs The Politicians
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by Elslim: 6:24am On Jul 14, 2017
yawa
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by raker300: 6:26am On Jul 14, 2017
I feel bad for osinbanjo.

All his Afonja brothers have abandoned him to face Biafran issues.

The poor man is fighting all his battle alone..

Too bad

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by greatiyk4u(m): 6:34am On Jul 14, 2017
The hustle is becoming real

Life don't offer you what you deserve

It offers you what you negotiate for

Negotiate wisely for what you deserve

Well done PYO

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by chemicalDisease: 6:45am On Jul 14, 2017
They should be talking how to impeach that useless Lion in London.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:52am On Jul 14, 2017
Nice move. If mr A is not ready to yield, mr B might. Besides, mr A needs mr B even if mr A is bent on impeaching you.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by gbegemaster(m): 7:08am On Jul 14, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
Nice move. If mr A is not ready to yield, mr B might. Besides, mr A needs mr B even if mr A is bent on impeaching you.
Mr A=Reps. Mr B=Osinbajo. You=Mr B=Osinbajo

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 14, 2017
baba should quietly resign or risk his ??aso rock is cursed, he doesn't need a prophet to tell him that.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by LastSurvivor11: 9:17am On Jul 14, 2017
Who cares if they meet in motel..
Do you think they will be meeting in close door if they were discussing what benefits the masses..

It has been personal interest since day one in Nigeria..
Nonsense party killing Nigeria n Nigerians gradually..

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by obaival(m): 9:17am On Jul 14, 2017
Door to za oza room? grin
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by Aburi001: 9:20am On Jul 14, 2017
Light and darkness can never live together, one must give way to the other no matter how long.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by Lorechino(m): 9:20am On Jul 14, 2017
am proud to be a political scientist , but Nigeria politics
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by mrborntodoit: 9:22am On Jul 14, 2017
Na so so "closed door" meetings we dey hear for news these days cheesy

This administration is the less democratic since 1999.
They hardly communicate about the president's condition to the public through the press, always keeping to themselves through "closed door" meetings.

When election comes up, they will open their doors for votes to come in grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by lonelydora: 9:23am On Jul 14, 2017
Osinbajo should stop all these praise singing and meetings, and readjust himself for the battle against the incoming government of Bukola Saraki and the cabals.

Whether he like it or not, they will fight him and throw him out of Presidency. He better forget Pastorship and fight. Nigerians will only be behind him if he braces up and fight and not swinging on both sides like pendulum.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by donaldking10: 9:23am On Jul 14, 2017
WHEN WILL THEY FINALLY DECIDE TO TELL US THE TRUTH THAT BUBU IS DEAD.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2017
English language sef

Don't they usually close the doors in their other meetings?

(Happy weekend!)

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by joe4real12: 9:29am On Jul 14, 2017
raker300:
I feel bad for osinbanjo.

All his Afonja brothers have abandoned him to face Biafran issues.

The poor man is fighting all his battle alone..

Too bad
The man is chopping alone grin
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by sirfee(m): 9:31am On Jul 14, 2017
deniyiedie:
Why the meeting undecided undecided
Politricks
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by NothingDoMe: 9:31am On Jul 14, 2017
mrborntodoit:
Na so so "closed door" meetings we dey hear for news these days cheesy

This administration is the less democratic since 1999.
They hardly communicate about the president's condition to the public through the press, always keeping to themselves through "closed door" meetings.

When election comes up, they will open to doors for votes to come in grin
Don't mind them
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by LoveJesus87(m): 9:37am On Jul 14, 2017
D
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by Nbote(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2017
He came to deliver d message cabal gave to him from London...
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by fatboislim(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2017
It's always behind closes doors.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by hatchy(f): 9:54am On Jul 14, 2017
He briefed them that "Oga" no go fit make am back to Naija.

The man is dead die and will be flown back like the other President who was also brain dead and smuggled into the country by the middle of the night.

Cownu and his gang of charlatans prayers have worked.
Re: Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door by Jimgil(m): 10:32am On Jul 14, 2017
I can remember telling myself last two weeks that no matter the amount of money i will have in this life that i will ensure that helping people becomes a difficult thing for me, perhaps because i tried everything possible2 get help n pay my last semester fee but none of the people i approach could help, include people i ... but now i think i should change my mind and be a source of blessing to those that will need my help.

however this change of mind would be encourage if i could get 10k from someone with a good heart to pay for suspension of studies and pay for my project pepper to be printout before tuesday. Thanks

Zenith bank 2087249213

could prove my student identity

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tribunal Affirms Ihedioha’s Election As Imo Governor / Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu / Buhari Handled Economy Better Than Others Since 1999 – Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.