Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) (46840 Views)

Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / Bush Fire Incident At Owerri Airport (Video) / Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by TonySpike: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dogs are used at many international airports to sniff out illegal imports. This is not a strange procedure.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by akpumping7720(m): 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
nice one. we will get it right one day!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by dayleke: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
About time too....
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Reference(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
Tell the person that if he/she spent more time reading and knowing things rather than roaming about cyber-gossiping, this embarrassing c.ockup will not make world headlines.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by tellwisdom: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
So the dog should eat the meat my mama prepared for me? angry
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by ehissi(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
T
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Victor08032(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
grin NIGERIA DOG dey suffer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by ozoneboy(m): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
[quote author=Xblink post=58453399]NO salary required
No pay rise protest
No coming late to work[/quot
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by PDPGuy: 3:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
It's not 'madness'.

The dogs are part of a well-trained K-9 unit and are actually more efficient than humans in detecting narcotics because dogs' sense of smell is about 9 times greater than that of humans.

By the way, dogs are also used to sniff passenger luggage in most major US airports too.

4 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by martineverest(m): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
unfortunately,the twitter user thinks its backwardnesss......they are called sniffer dogs....they are trained dogs with high smell sensitivity

4 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by greatbrian(m): 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
Haven't watched d clip. But am sure the hairy fellow must be a German Shepherd very intelligent dogs with good sense of smell
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by ozoneboy(m): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
safiaapussy:
Bad news for iPod developers/Biafrats/Israelites/Ugandans grin grin grin
Bad news for Foreign Skull miners afonja branch ,and afonja terrorists. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by ILoveChess: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
Long overdue. Naija no dey like spend money for such things. It costs like 10,000dollars to train one sniffer dog
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by kingrt2(m): 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hm hmm!

Observe signature
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
SmoothNigerian:
I hope the dogs being used don't have rabies undecided.

If you want to earn passive income with bitcoin, check my signature and get enlightened wink

Maybe the person below me has something reasonable to contribute cheesy
I want to learn about bitcoin investment pls
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by SmartMugu: 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
Benita27:
Do we need to applaud them for meeting up to international standard?.

This is how it's meant to be, please.
Yes we do need to applaud them for that. Imagine what happened to me one time at Muritala Airport about 6 years ago.

I was returning to the US, dude at the airport was going through my entire luggage taking out everything and inspecting them. That was weird to me.

After he did all that, he ended up asking me if he could have my hairclippers. That's one of the items in my luggage. I probably had about 5 others at home then and told him he could have it and he did. That was a weird request though, but he took it anyways.

That was weird to me because the hairclippers were designed for the 110 volts the US uses, not the 220 volts in Nigeria. Plus, I can't understand why he needed someone else's hairclippers. That stuff only costs about $20. I can't use anyone else's clippers, not sure why he wanted it so badly. Even I had to use a portable step-down transformer i brought with me to use it in Nigeria. I bet he was just going to plug that stuff directly when he gets home, and it's just going to explode or melt. That was what he asked for and I gave it to him. Very weird request from a supposed immigration person at the Lagos International Airport.

Trained dogs do a better job than many folks working in Nigerian airports, dogs don't look for clippers, they look for drugs and other contraband they can smell since dogs can't talk.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
ULSHERLAN:
Dogs have better smell than humans.
Trained dogs can smell hard drugs from far away. We should be applauding our authorities. It's not every time you condemn cos if you go outside Nigeria and see this, you will come here and be praising such countries
most Nigerians are hypocrite believe me.. Isn't that development? You don see my mind already anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by dallyemmy: 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
Same is used in US, Australia etc

1 Like

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Beedude(m): 3:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
TonySpike:
Dogs are used at many international airports to sniff out illegal imports. This is not a strange procedure.
Correct. Maybe its new to the op sha
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
ikp120:
Yeye. Dogs are the easiest animals to circumvent.

It's on YouTube. Public domain! Not classified at all!
Lies! Go to American/ Mexico border and see dogs sniffing out coke and weed

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
PDPGuy:
It's not 'madness'.

The dogs are part of a well-trained K-9 unit and are actually more efficient than humans in detecting narcotics because dogs' sense of smell is about 9 times greater than that of humans.

By the way, dogs are also used to sniff passenger luggage in most major US airports too.
Please teach the local peeps. With all the foreign movies and news they keep seeing yet their mentality is still backwards.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
alexdidi:
I want to learn about bitcoin investment pls

Visit my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3912536/earn-passive-income-bitcoin
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by supereagle(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
They have been doing that for long.
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by mustafa006: 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Those guys with flat head will not be happy
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by muller101(m): 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
More will show.

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Kobicove(m): 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
prettyzee11:
Hmmmmmm, keep off calaber people.

grin
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by muller101(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
mustafa006:
Those guys with flat head will not be happy
be careful or.....

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
SmartMugu:

Yes we do need to applaud them for that. Imagine what happened to me one time at Muritala Airport about 6 years ago.

I was returning to the US, dude at the airport was ransaking my luggage taking out everything and inspecting them. That was weird to me.

After he did all that, he ended up asking me if I could give him my hairclippers. That's one of the items in my luggage. I told him he could have it and he did. That was weird to me because the hairclippers were designed for the 110 volts the US uses, not the 220 volts in Nigeria. I had to use a step-down transformer in Nigeria to use it. I bet he was just going to plug that stuff directly when he gets home, and it's just going to melt.

Trained dogs do a better job than many folks working in Nigerian airports, dogs don't look for clippers, they look for drugs and other contraband they can smell since dogs can't talk.
We don't have to applaud them for meeting up to the international standard. It's what happens in airports in saner climes, they should've started using this method long before now.

Just my thoughts tho.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by juntod: 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
Benita27:
Do we need to applaud them for meeting up to international standard?.

This is how it's meant to be, please.

Yes we need to applaud them. You can see a lot of comments condemning them. Those people obviously have not crossed the borders of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by emi14: 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
ULSHERLAN:
Trained dogs can smell hard drugs from far away. We should be applauding our authorities. It's not every time you condemn cos if you go outside Nigeria and see this, you will come here and be praising such countries

Where have you travelled before?. The will soon stop dogs and do the right things. Dogs can only dictate the smells they are trained with. Is not only drugs that are harmful. Drugs is one one of the millions illegal stuff investigated in borders. What about explosives and and related substance that are not scented?
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by feelgoodstuffs(m): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hope it won't smell my dollars?
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by emi14: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
ULSHERLAN:
Where have you travelled before?. The will soon stop dogs and do the right things. Dogs can only dictate the smells they are trained with. Is not only drugs that are harmful. Drugs is one one of the millions illegal stuff investigated in borders. What about explosives and and related substance that are not scented?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TECNO Beautifies Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos (Photos) / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah / Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.