Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) (46836 Views)

Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport / Bush Fire Incident At Owerri Airport (Video) / Passenger’s Bags Stolen At Lagos Airport (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
Whoever made this video with that caption "madness smh for naija" is a pure illeterate?

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by SmartMugu: 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Benita27:
We don't have to applaud them for meeting up to the international standard. It's what happens in airports in saner climes, they should've started using this method long before now.

Just my thoughts tho.
At least they started somehow. There are still more they need to learn from saner climes. Not to be rude, Nigeria still has a lot to learn, but on this one, I think whoever thought about it deserves some credit.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by ikp120(m): 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nma27:
Lies! Go to American/ Mexico border and see dogs sniffing out coke and weed
Just watch how cases of drugs crossing the border will increase. Most of the things you dey see for movies na hype o. Correct guy man go turn the dog senses upside down and cross with ease.

Go to YouTube and see how it's done. All you need is a chemical whose scent is stronger than that of the contraband substance. These animals are like electronic gadgets, they can be hacked!
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nyceguy92: 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Is this an insight in the level of awareness of the OP?
Next, it will be about an airplane taking off.

Some posts can be embarrassing.
Why this made front page is even more embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by raphy(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
well train sniffer dogs HV been in use in a well develop country. I knw Nigeria are were the want to be but they are not were they were before...

I love dogs .I can take 5 in my yard to be the security at night.
instead to carry Human that will let arm robbers in ya yard to rob you.

so be wise.
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
ikp120:
Just watch how cases of drugs crossing the border will increase. Most of the things you dey see for movies na hype o. Correct guy man go turn the dog senses upside down and cross with ease.

Go to YouTube and see how it's done. All you need is a chemical whose scent is stronger than that of the contraband substance. These animals are like electronic gadgets, they can be hacked!
Lol. Like d case of a guy that his crack inside a boritto... Lolzzz, u get point sha but the humans are searching too.
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by MzJin(f): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
benjsniper33:
grin grin
no b new tin
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
SmartMugu:

At least they started somehow. There are still more they need to learn from saner climes. Not to be rude, Nigeria still has a lot to learn, but on this one, I think whoever thought about it deserves some credit.
If you say so.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by juman(m): 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
One day like that at a place I tried avoided the dog not to be close to me, so I was separated and then checked properly. grin

But I prefer that.
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by davou4eva(m): 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
You mean dog!

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by stagger: 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
That is how it is done in international airports. Sniffer drugs can pick out narcotics, currency, weapons, etc.
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by savagefinder: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2017
Benita27:
Do we need to applaud them for meeting up to international standard?.

This is how it's meant to be, please.
should we condemn them either?

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by M2dX(m): 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Xblink:
NO salary required
No pay rise protest
No coming late to work
what of ther owner? undecided
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by alabiyemmy(m): 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
Whats wrong there? Even dogs sniff bags and humans at British Heathrow Airports.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by joenor(m): 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
They are so sensitive I swear.
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by 0b100100111: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2017

Pepper-soup comes to mind
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by femi4love(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nothing special. They used dogs when I travelled through George Bush airport, Houston Texas in May this year undecided
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Akonimohate2: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hmm|m,

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by tonguengineer(m): 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
ULSHERLAN:
Dogs have better smell than humans.
Trained dogs can smell hard drugs from far away. We should be applauding our authorities. It's not every time you condemn cos if you go outside Nigeria and see this, you will come here and be praising such countries
No mind am na im mumu pass
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Organizer111222(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
So whats new here... I suppose news means NEW happenings, stories. Events and so on.... So tell me is this a news?
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Lbrasi: 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
SmartMugu:
That's how it should be done. Humans can't smell what some specially trained dogs can smell. Even at the Hartsfield International Airport in Atlanta, they use sniffer dogs to sniff out luggage with contraband in them. So, it's normal in my opinion.

Don't mind our people.Once they see something new they assume it's another madness exclusive only to naija instead of asking questions and get enlightened.

2 Likes

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
ULSHERLAN:
Trained dogs can smell hard drugs from far away. We should be applauding our authorities. It's not every time you condemn cos if you go outside Nigeria and see this, you will come here and be praising such countries
God bless you my I never knew there are still Educated and enlighten people like you on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
ollah1:
Whoever made this video with that caption "madness smh for naija" is a pure illeterate?
bros the thing tire me o
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
This one weak me oo shocked sad E be like say the person na illetrate.

Even if you haven't travel out before, IF YOU DO WATCH DISCOVERY FAMILY AND NATGEO WILD OFTEN, THEN IT SHOULDN'T SURPRISE ANY ONE THAT DOGS ARE USED IN AIRPORTS. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK US MILITARY USES MOST TIMES IN THE FORESTS AND ARID LANDS TO DETECT EXPLOSIVES. Nigerians will not chill, they will just conclude.

MORAL LESSON TO NIGERIANS:

WATCH NATGEO WILD AND DISCOVERY FAMILY VERY OFTEN. MAKE WIKIPEDIA YOUR FRIEND. HAVE GOOGLE AS YOUR COMPANION. YOU WILL GET MORE EXPOSURE THAN HE WHO HAS TRAVELLED TO NUMEROUS COUNTRIES. I TELL YOU.
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Yomzzyblog: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Good initiative..Nice one
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Sodijan(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
It will finally result in degrading of technology in Nigeria
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Bamz(m): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
ULSHERLAN:

Well this ain't new. An onshore facility in Nigeria has been using dogs to search bags for quite some time now.
Re: Dogs Check Luggage At Lagos Airport (Video) by Skipfr(m): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
We see this all the time at Escravos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sirika Commends Obiano On Anambra International Airport (Pix, Video) / Latest Pictures Of Abuja International Airport - Shared By Dr. Joe Abah / SUV Hits Several People At Lekki Phase 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.