Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

How Do You 'do' Traditional Marriage? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do You 'do' Traditional Marriage? (1097 Views)

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / Nigeria Is Blessed With Culture.. Some Beautiful Traditional Marriage Pictures / Is Traditional Marriage Complete Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

How Do You 'do' Traditional Marriage? by naijacutee(f): 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2007
Hi people,

I'm just curious to know how different people marry in different Nigerian cultures.

Please can you explain what procedures you go through - what do you do the first time you meet your spouses parents? Do you have to buy certain gifts according to tradition? How do you plan the traditional marriage? Is it strictly between the couples or are the 'mothers' opinions crucial? What sort of things must be done? Do you pay money for your wife / (husband shocked)? On your wedding night, does everyone leave you in peace, knowing that you have A Big Job to do? Do they make you sleep on white sheets to find out whether or not you're a virgin? If you're not a virgin, do you get maltreated etc

Please feel free to discuss your culture concerning traditional marriage.
Looking forward to your responses wink
Re: How Do You 'do' Traditional Marriage? by cuteass1(f): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2007
Sista, is there something you're not telling me wink.On more serious note, you'll agree with me that its unnecessary for me to talk about my tradition since "we" have the same tradition, right
Re: How Do You 'do' Traditional Marriage? by naijacutee(f): 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2007
cute-ass:

Sista, is there something you're not telling me wink.On more serious note, you'll agree with me that its unnecessary for me to talk about my tradition since "we" have the same tradition, right
Hehehe grin grin If there was 'something' up, now that we've reconnected (Thanks to Nairaland) you'll be the first to know, trust meĀ  cool

Well, I just thought that as a young woman, it's never too early to at least know these things . . . abi?
Re: How Do You 'do' Traditional Marriage? by cuteass1(f): 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2007
No probs, i trust you wink
Re: How Do You 'do' Traditional Marriage? by carnal: 11:31am On Jan 23, 2009
to every tradition comes different approach to traditional wedding,so let us know which naija tribe that you belong then maybe we can assist then
Re: How Do You 'do' Traditional Marriage? by tamme: 12:42am On Jul 15, 2009
more replys please

Bride Price Leads To Robbery! / PHOTO: Olori Wuraola Becomes First Nigerian Queen To Open An Instagram Page / Funny Fact About Yorubas