Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,291 members, 7,867,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

A Man’s Life Is Not His Own - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Man’s Life Is Not His Own (988 Views)

5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion / Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless / What Is The Purpose Of Man's Life On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by Raylight2(m): 1:58pm On Feb 03, 2010
Eternal salvation involving forgiveness and restoration is always an act of God. God is our Saviour now and at all times. He describes Himself as the Saviour of Israel, guiding their national and political life. Israel knew that much: “I know, O Lord, that a man’s life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps” (Jeremiah 10:23). That is true for everyone on earth. “We all, like sheep, have gone astray” (Isaiah 53:6) but “we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, and especially of those who believe” (1 Timothy 4:10). Jesus said, “This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world” (John 6:51).

The concept of redemption brought about by a Saviour bearing the sins and iniquities of us all never crossed the mind of a single one of the world’s great religious founders or leaders. No one could ever bear such a load of sin, nor did anyone so much as think of it that would be ridiculous, wild delusions of grandeur. Only God incarnate could stand in for humankind, and He alone had the Herculean shoulders needed to bear the weight of the world’s responsibilities. The story goes that, in days gone by, the king of Nepal, who believed in the doctrine of karma, that our present life is determined by sins committed in a previous life, gave a man a bag of jewels in return for agreeing to take his sins from him. That man could carry the bag of treasure, but not the weight of the king’s sin; the sin of one man is too great for another to bear. Only God could do that.

Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, I am the bread of life. He who believes in me shall have eternal life” (John 6:32-40). Only Jesus ever used that sort of language, talking about redemptive forgiveness. Most faiths define some kind of hope, but never a power act of deliverance and love coming direct from above. Hundreds of millions follow religions which do not even have a God. They offer only one hope, oblivion to fall at last as a drop without identity into some undefined ocean of existence. In the Bible God says, “I am the Lord, and apart from me there is no saviour” (Isaiah 43:11). No other holy book contains such a claim.

If this message has touched you in any way. Simple send you e-mail address to raylight4lyf63@gmail.com for Bible Study
Re: A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by DeepSight(m): 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
Why should an ancient nomadic Jewish rabbi be the bread of life when there is still agege bread? ? ? ? ?

What is wrong with agege bread?
Re: A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
Deep Sight:

Why should an ancient nomadic Jewish rabbi be the bread of life when there is still agege bread? ? ? ? ?

What is wrong with agege bread?
John4:13-14 jesus said whoever drinks d water dat i will give,will never be thirsty again. DS same applies to d agege bread we ve been eaten since all these days,yet we still get hungry afta eaten it.So taste jesus&see
Re: A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by DeepSight(m): 4:17pm On Feb 03, 2010
You have not got my question.

Why should my bread of life be an ancient dead Jewish Rabbi?

Why not Agege Bread (I:e - why not an indigenous religion/ philosophy of life?)

What's wrong with Agege bread (i:e - what's wrong with indigenous religious perspectives? Wwhy must we buy foreign myths hook line and sinker? Why is it that the white man did not accept Shango OR oGUN, but we accept Yahweh - most likely a tribal pagan god elevated by the Jews to be wqorshipped as GOD. What this means is that if the yoruba's had conquered the world, then the whit eman most likely today would be worshipping Shango as GOD.)
Re: A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2010
DS as regard Sango ogun oya/shopona,its a matter of choice.What u biliv is diff 4rm mine.Allah,God,Jesus,Yahweh etc if u biliv any its choice&not force.D white man didnt force any religion or any1.Fine they may introduce it,but wit no duress attached.If u dnt biliv God,God will not force u to biliv him.Man is allowed to choose what he wills
Re: A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by DeepSight(m): 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
What do you mean there wa sno duress? Do you know how many hundreds and thousands of people were killed, hanged and burnt to death in Europe for not accepting Christianity or church dogma?
Re: A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
Deep Sight:

What do you mean there wa sno duress? Do you know how many hundreds and thousands of people were killed, hanged and burnt to death in Europe for not accepting Christianity or church dogma?
May be it did happend then&mohammad also unleashed pro islam terror.As at Today does any1 force any religion on another?
Re: A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by Raylight2(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2010
I've not created this thread for anyone to speak against Jesus. PLEASE
Re: A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by jagunlabi(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2010
Speak against jesus or against your own personal assertions?Stop hiding behind the skirt of jesus and stand up to defend your viewpoint.This is a forum and not some online church, so expect such attacks.
Raylight_1:

I've not created this thread for anyone to speak against Jesus. PLEASE
Re: A Man’s Life Is Not His Own by Raylight2(m): 7:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
Speak against jesus or against your own personal assertions?Stop hiding behind the skirt of jesus and stand up to defend your viewpoint.This is a forum and not some online church, so expect such attacks.

Hi, Jagunlabi that message was prepared by Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke not I. Do you understand? I'm only expanding the limit of his messages.

I never bargained for any personal attack please.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

God's Word To All Jehovah Witness, Atheist And Sinners / Was Jesus Christ Contradicting Himself? / Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.