Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,561 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? (975 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Obasanjo Spotted At Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Birthday Party / Evil That Went On At Pastor Chris Okotie Wedding ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? by fubbyy(m): 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2012
Some few hours ago I opened a thread asking for the pastor chris masturbation issue video link, and som1 did gave it 2 me(thanks 2 the guy) I asked for the video because of a christ embassy friend of mine who once told me that masturbation is a sin,we met today and I informed him about pastor chris view on masturbation and he said that pastor chris can never say such a thing,so I asked for the video and get it,after him watching it he changed his opinion that masturbation is no longer a sin because pastor chris said so,he started giving me the same reason chris gave,as we are arguing, another guy joined the conversation and b4 I knew it people has gathered and everyone was throwing shots at chris except 2 other christ embassy members,as am typing this,the issue is about causing a big fight,anyway I have seen how much love christ embassy members got 4 their overseer for changing what they used to think to someother thing just because their pastor think so, my question goes this way,is there any christ embassy who really get dissapointed at chris false teaching about masturbatiobn not being a sin?
Re: Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? by Joagbaje(m): 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2012
If its a sin ,kindly explain it biblically. It's a bad habit like other bad habits if a man pee on the floor ,it's a bad habit . But it does not constitute a Sin . But What makes selfservice a sin? Is it the fluid coming out ? Or the urge ?or the imagination of the mind. It depends on how you look at it.

Pastor chris didn't encourage it.. He said the way to stop it is to make a descision to stop. And it will stop. Every sin is mentioned in the bible . But self service is not mentioned. As a sin. Even though it's not a very interesting thing to discuss but we don't call something a name God hadn't called it.

No man of Gid will encourage people to be masturbating. It's obvius it's a problem . Every habit is a problem. And pastor chris knows that. I have even heard pastor Chris say wet dream is a problem. So why would he now encourage anybody to madtubate . In counselling You deal with the matter at hand.its not an exhaustive teachingb. The counsell for Mr a may be different from Mr B.
Re: Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? by wesley80(m): 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2012
Something else I'lld love to add. That those guys changed their views after listening to Pastor Chris does not mean they did becos it was "Pastor CHRIS" speaking but simply because they learnt what previously they didn't know. Twas just a case of having a better understanding and accepting it rather than the terribly simplistic explanation of hero worship you seem to be insinuating.
Re: Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? by fubbyy(m): 10:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
@joa and wesley,kindly be candid with what am about to ask, if pastor chris stated that its a sin and gave his reasons,would you've opposed to that or accepted it?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? by Marchman: 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2012
Yes, i attend Christ Embassy church in Abuja and i have had cause to disagree with what he has said a couple of times.

The fact that the church collected money before allowing people into its New year's Service some years back was criticised by me.

I think that was crass materialism and had nothing to do with the gospel. I also hate the fact that the church places too much

premium on giving. So i dont worship Pastor Chris. I make my OWN mind after listening and checking the word for myself.

However, I have to confess that I am not very popular in church. Every one else likes to say, Pastor (Chris) says this or that. Me,

I would rather quote Jesus Christ.
Re: Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? by Joagbaje(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2012
fubbyy: @joa and wesley,kindly be candid with what am about to ask, if pastor chris stated that its a sin and gave his reasons,would you've opposed to that or accepted it?

If he can prove it from scriptures I will take it. Just the same way I have asked those who attack him to prove it from scriptures but nobody has been able to do that except abuses .
Re: Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 21, 2012
@JoAgbaje: is yahooyahoo sin?
Can you self service in church?
Can you smoke during service?
Re: Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? by Joagbaje(m): 9:17am On Apr 21, 2012
What is yahoo yahoo?
Re: Is There Any Christ Embassy Who Get Disapointed At Pastor Chris? by newmi(m): 9:35am On Apr 21, 2012
It is important that we understand that knowledge is progressive thus the bible says that we know in part for instance a couple of years ago we certain churches who condemned the use of "the Jazz drum" or drum set arguing that it was worldly most other churhes also went further to condemn the use of the television set but you see years have come and gone and we have seen knowledge metamophos all to the glory of God

(1) (Reply)

Prosperity Gospel Pastor Creflo Dollar: Abusing The Word Of God / Do U Pray Before U Eat / How To Grasp God's Word. (4 Easy Steps)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.