Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,389 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? (5645 Views)

Female Gladiator Atmosphere/primark Leather Sandals / I Need A Primark Tshirt Supplier. / Primark: Do You Shop There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by ayettymama(f): 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
How much problem am i gonna have selling thier clothes in naija??

I have clothes from almost all the high street stores

but i must admit the primark range is nicer

and they have every size!

last time i went to nigeria the primark shirts sold the fastest

but ive been told its got a bad rep now

i dunno what everyones problem is

they have great clothes, quality is actually betta than most shops ie new look!!

i actually prefer them to topshop which is bland excessive and outrageously overpriced

the only shop i think i like better is river island,
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by madlady(f): 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Poster, I hope this will not upset you. I think alot of the items they sell are really terrible quality.

They do sell some key trends at a almost give a price so if ppls do not mind the short life span, then they are really good value.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by denzel2009: 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2010
I only buy boxer shorts and V-necks there. But girls can pull off a one time party outfits with accessories to match easily.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by madlady(f): 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2010
denzel2009:

I only buy boxer shorts and V-necks there. But girls can pull off a one time party outfits with accessories to match easily.

Yes I agree with you on the one time bit, and they have some very showy bags.

Horribly jeans, they had about a million pairs when I looked hoping to find a cheap pair.

I bought 2 pairs of sox to wear in boots, they looked very worn out after 2 washes (hand wash)
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by throttler(f): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2010
primark tops here(jos) are a steal for 3,500, though not common. have only 1 of them, but its nice. i dont have a problem with it, its better than the china made tops we usually get here. i agree with the post about not being durable tho, after 1 wash, it was so squeezed and wrinkly and saggy, and the shimmers were allover everything. but at the price, lets take it as DISPOSABLE WEAR, i dont mind really, as i am usually tired of some tops by the 4th wear.
@ayettymama: let me know when you bring in stuff, will buy a few
soldier.girl9@yahoo.com
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by ayettymama(f): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2010
theres 2 issues for me

if your not in sec skool socks are supposed to be disposable!!
i personally dont like wearing clothes for too long
but i think primark is as good as any other shop
new look is atrocious when it comes to quality
so is dorothy perkins!
topshop is bland
jane norman is. . . . jane norman
river island is the only place i love more (and h&m)

the only problem with primes is that there stuff is atimes common

throttler:

primark tops here(jos) are a steal for 3,500, though not common. have only 1 of them, but its nice. i dont have a problem with it, its better than the china made tops we usually get here. i agree with the post about not being durable tho, after 1 wash, it was so squeezed and wrinkly and saggy, and the shimmers were allover everything. but at the price, lets take it as DISPOSABLE WEAR, i dont mind really, as i am usually tired of some tops by the 4th wear.
@ayettymama: let me know when you bring in stuff, will buy a few
soldier.girl9@yahoo.com

its tru sha
i neva wear the same party outfit twice!

what area do u stay??
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by throttler(f): 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
i stay in millionaires quaters in jos.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by madlady(f): 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2010
ayettymama:

theres 2 issues for me

if your not in sec skool socks are supposed to be disposable!!
i personally dont like wearing clothes for too long
but i think primark is as good as any other shop
new look is atrocious when it comes to quality
so is dorothy perkins!
topshop is bland
jane norman is. . . . jane norman
river island is the only place i love more (and h&m)

the only problem with primes is that there stuff is atimes common

its tru sha
i neva wear the same party outfit twice!

what area do u stay??

No, socks should not be thrown away after one wear, I normally wear john lewis socks in my boots and they are fine, but really for the money i paid for them then yes i agree not a big deal. I see your in the UK so you know we all wear our jeans in owe boots and we are not at school.

Yes also agree the shops you spoke about are all even worse quality, you pay pennies so you do get value for your money cool
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by ayettymama(f): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2010
cos they are soo cheap and crappy

i have sooooo many at home

instead of turnin the hse upside dwn tryna find socks!!

throttler:

i stay in millionaires quaters in jos.

eeeya
jos is far

my store will be in ekiti sad
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by denzel2009: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nice one prinzezz of Africa.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by madlady(f): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
ayettymama:

cos they are soo cheap and crappy

i have sooooo many at home

instead of turnin the hse upside dwn tryna find socks!!

eeeya
jos is far

my store will be in ekiti sad

Strange answer tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by ayettymama(f): 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2010
lol i was tryna point out why it wont work for me!!

sawy!

denzel2009:

Nice one prinzezz of Africa.

just wanna no why u sed that??
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by throttler(f): 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2010
awww! anyway, if you can take pics, then sales will still happen, no?
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by madlady(f): 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
ayettymama:

sawy!

Young lady I agreed with you.

You have a very strange way of answering questions. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by ayettymama(f): 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
loool
cos im anserin as if you can see me!!
pay me no mind!

throttler:

awww! anyway, if you can take pics, then sales will still happen, no?
erm yea

if i can get a delivery system together sure
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by throttler(f): 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2010
okies cool
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by denzel2009: 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
ayettymama:

sawy!

Just liked your business idea and d location,dont mind me.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by ayettymama(f): 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
lol i was beggining to think you know me!!
lol
yea its ma hme state
wanna give it some development
loooong story
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by denzel2009: 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nah I only knw u r Yetun. and u fancy Trey and Mario! Dont let's derail the thread!
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
OP
Primark won't impress Nigerians, they've gone past that stage.
I'll advice you to sell only their underwear, the quality is fair.

As for socks being worn once, are you for real?
Try RL socks and you'll take back those words.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by ayettymama(f): 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2010
wats rl??

but thier underwear is worst
i wont buy thier bras if they were free!!

no i was exageratin
i use primes socks and thier really nice and cheap
but my socks go missin so i cant tell u how long they last!

hehehe someone is stalkin me cool cool cool
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^^^^^
RL is Ralph Lauren.
Socks goes for btw $8 - $17 and lasts for years.

Nigerians will buy anything at any price if the quality is good.
Invest in good quality clothing items instead, to hell with Primark.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by denzel2009: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
Ok why will I pay $17 for a pair of socks? when I can get like 4 pairs for like $10 in Gap.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^^^
Because you're buying the RL brand.
Tested since 1967.

The $17 socks is usually for 2 pairs in 1 though.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by denzel2009: 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2010
BlueDiva:

^^^^
Because you're buying the RL brand.
Tested since 1967.

The $17 socks is usually for 2 pairs in 1 though.

So my big toe wont create a hole?
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^^^^
Don't think so.
You'll def find your size.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by ayettymama(f): 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
£8 for a pair of socks??

a woman??

thats a bit extreme

but ive heard nigerians like rl

me i will buy my 5 colorful pairs for £1.50

use them for 1mth

and lose them l8tr

its pays me!
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2010
Cheap fast fashion for the girl that wants to keep in trend but spend less wink Oh and dont be fooled, the other high street stores like Gap, M&S, Dorothy perkins etc all use cheap labour from china and India, the difference is that Primark makes their jeans for 50p and sell it for 10 pounds, the others make their jeans for that same price but sell it for 70 pounds.
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by ayettymama(f): 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^ God will bless u!!

they are all made in the same place by the same people!!

but primark dont spend money on advertising

it annoys me when people judge things by how much they cost!
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by lalaboi(m): 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
Anything you buy in primano is to be used once and thrown away! lol . .

Wash it once and you'd regret. . .
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by lalaboi(m): 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ God will bless u!!

they are all made in the same place by the same people!!

but primark dont spend money on advertising

it annoys me when people judge things by how much they cost!

Sometimes it is better to get QUALITY! and it depends on what you gettn too. . , . .
Re: What Is Everyones Problem With Primark? by denzel2009: 11:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
When I first came here, I used to think people are crazy to be buying jeans from other stores when primark is there in their whole glory until I discovered the havoc it could cause to thigh and under there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture: Romancelanders Let Know Yours And Tell Us Why Yours Is The Best / Pretty Wears To Sign Out The Year In Style / Kids Fashion: Lovely Ankara Styles For Kids 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.