Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo (999 Views)

Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / FEC Approves Confab’s Main Report (2) (3) (4)

Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by asha80(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2010
FEC fall apart: Akunyili submits "Yar'Adua step down" memo
Written by Sahara Reporters, New York
Wednesday, 03 February 2010 11:54

Dora Akunyili
Yar’Adua’s Minister for Information, Dora Akunyili, created a fiasco at the Federal Executive Council meeting in Abuja today as she submitted a memo calling on the FEC to face up to the reality of Yar’Adua’s incapacitation. She expressed the view that they should urge their principal to transmit a letter to the National Assembly to facilitate a smooth transition. Predictably, the memo, in which she warned that the FEC had taken the Nigerian people for granted for too long and should do the right thing by urging the president to step down, was shot down by hawks in the cabinet, who did not permit it to enter the agenda.

An FEC source told Saharareporters that although Mrs. Akunyili's brave memo was rejected by the hawks, a “cowardly” majority of the members actually supported her position and some of them even congratulated her after the meeting, which lasted only 90 minutes. After the meeting, Mrs. Akunyili briefed the media about the downward “review” of Federal Capital Territory land rates, but did not say anything relating to Yar’Adua’s health.

The atmosphere after the FEC meeting was reportedly tense, and the ministers hurriedly left the Aso Rock Villa to avoid speaking to the press. Last week, the Attorney General of the Federation, Michael Aondoakaa, claimed after the FEC meeting, in response to a 14-day Federal High Court order that lapses this Friday, that Yar’Adua was fit to continue in office .Dora Akunyili with Yar'adua

http://saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5039-fec-fall-apart-akunyili-submits-qyaradua-step-downq-memo.html
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
I feel so sorry for Akunyili, instead of submitting this memo she should have resigned sighting family reasons as her excuse.

Nigeria is not worth dying for.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by desgiezd(m): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
That bold spirit with which this woman worked fearlessly at NAFDAC which departed from her is back. I think what she should do now is
for her to resign her position if the FEC will not face up to the reality of this moment. If she does this, she would definitely be spared when
the time comes for Nigerians to deal with these FEC members for their deceit and for taking the nation for a ride.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by kokoA(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
Coming from sahara reporters?! I refuse to believe this until I get the story from a reliable source.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by desgiezd(m): 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
kokoA:

Coming from sahara reporters?! I refuse to believe this until I get the story from a reliable source.

Remember that it is this same Sahara Reporters that first told Nigerians about the pericarditis ailment of the president even
when all we knew about his health condition was liver failure,
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by naso2(m): 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2010
mikeansy:

I feel so sorry for Akunyili, instead of submitting this memo she should have resigned sighting family reasons as her excuse.

Nigeria is not worth dying for.

And how many people die for whatever is worth it? people die everyday in this country because of bad(non-existent) leadership  which finds expression in our infrastructure,health care ,   .   .  ,    So it is definitely not a case of Nigeria not worth dying for. She survived the assasins bullets  by whiskers on at least two occassions and that must have ingrained in her the fact that sometimes you damn all and do what has to be done.

We have always chided the FEC for not speaking up in the face of undeniable facts that our presido is not fit, and now we are busy talking about someone resigning and not standing up to be counted.

For this singular action(if true), I reckon that she has scoed an A+ as a minister.

For 72 days we are have been left rudderless and someone now speaks up. we should commend her abeg.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2010
If this story is anything to go by, then Dora will forever remain dear to my heart, even if she could not succeed.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Nchara: 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2010
Dora has always been a brave woman. This is the first step. Resignation may come later or may not come at all, depending on how YARADUA's illness plays out. Of all the men and women in the FEC she is the only one with guts. She is the only 'man'' amongst them. kudos Dora; continue to showcase what stuff you represent.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by monkeyleg: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2010
If true, she has nothing to be afraid of. Light will normally destroy darkness. The country has been in darkness for far too long.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Beaf: 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nchara:

Dora has always been a brave woman. This is the first step. Resignation may come later or may not come at all, depending on how YARADUA's illness plays out. Of all the men and women in the FEC she is the only one with guts. She is the only 'man'' amongst them. kudos Dora; continue to showcase what stuff you represent.

In our uselessly partriachal society, it has taken a woman to show up those gutless men. Big up Dora!
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2010
I only gave the advice I will give my sister or mother.

If a country is not ready to make progress there is nothing just one woman can do.

As we speak the VP Jonathan has not even indirectly signalled where his loyalty lies. So whats the esssence of a misadventure. The last time Jonathan spoke he was telling us tales of how Yar'adua will come back soon.

I don't think there is any honest person who can say the VP has not displayed enough patience and loyalty. At this point what Jonathan should have done is to take control of mantle of leadership, anybody who disagrees with Jonathan would have TO produce the President to address Nigerians.

The reason this issue has dragged this long is because of Jonathan's personality. If after 70 days and counting he refuses to lead then no one should lead on his behalf. The President heads the FEC, in the absence of the President the VP does so. How does the FEC keep passing resolutions of how fit Yar'adua is to lead in the presence of Jonathan? The so called Akunyili memo, how was it blocked at the FEC when Jonathan is supposed to chair the FEC meetings in the absence of Yar'adua? How do we have a situation where 70days and counting we have no President and yet Jonathan presides over meetings to pass a sick man in a Foreign country FIT?

HE IS SIMPLY NOT READY TO LEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

The era of waiting for leadership to fall on your lap should be over. If Jonathan wants to continue to be VP to a man on a life support machine against the provisions of the constitution then Goodluck to him.

But Dora Akunyili should just go and chill, there is nothing she can achieve with one woman riot. Jonathan should either rally members of FEC loyal to him and the rest of the country and force section 144 to effect. If he can't do that then he should forget the Presidency. HE IS NOT READY TO LEAD
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by edoyad(m): 8:14pm On Feb 03, 2010
Dora, if this story is true, you have redeemed yourself my love. And i would be truly sorry for all the nasty things i said.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2010
There has been several court rulings claiming that based on section 5 of the constitution Jonathan is already empowered to act as President.

If the above is true and based on using a subsiting court Judgement as precedence, why don't Jonathan test the validity of that Judgement by first announcing the Sack of Michael Aodoakaa. That way sanity will return to the Presidency one way or the other.

How can the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria not act 70days and counting in the midst of a power vacuum?

How passive can a man get?
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by akelliah(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03, 2010

how much did you get from ANDOKIA to position yourself here. it wont work, you cant discredit Sahara reporters find something else to do. Sahara reporters has been the one given us authentic news about our country and our president. i am sure you are one of the enemies of Nigeria we are coming for you all soon
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by UyiIredia(m): 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
big ups to the iron lady in Aso rock !!!
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by adconline(m): 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coming from sahara reporters?! I refuse to believe this until I get the story from a reliable source

Maybe you should start your news source. A couple of predications from Sahara Reporters: broke Stella Obasanjo's death. Ibori-London saga and predicted that he would be acquited in a specially carved out High Court in Asaba and finally Yar'dua's health. They are 3-0, so tell us your perdictions not what your pastor/imam said.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by MrCrackles(m): 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2010
Bang. . . .
Sizing up the situation from here on. . . . cheesy
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Tsiya(m): 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2010
Initially I thought it was not true, but the BBC Hausa service have just reported it. But from their report, the FEC refuse to discussed it, but there is high possibility that they can't escape it next week.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by ReachRich(m): 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2010
B4 we begin to commend Dora,we should first confirm the autenticity of this news.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Tsiya(m): 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2010
ReachRich:

B4 we begin to commend Dora,we should first confirm the autenticity of this news.

I can confirm that this is authentic from BBC Hausa Service
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2010
Tsiya:

Initially I thought it was not true, but the BBC Hausa service have just reported it. But from their report, the FEC refuse to discussed it, but there is high possibility that they can't escape it next week.

How was it possible to block the memo?

Was Jonathan chairing the FEC today?

Where does the VP's loyalty lie?
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by asha80(m): 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2010
Tsiya:

Sahara also reported it.

Predictably, the memo, in which she warned that the FEC had taken the Nigerian people for granted for too long and should do the right thing by urging the president to step down, was shot down by hawks in the cabinet, who did not permit it to enter the agenda.

I wonder why people keep doubting sahara.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Tsiya(m): 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
mikeansy:

How was it possible to block the memo?

Was Jonathan chairing the FEC today?

Where does the VP's loyalty lie?

The FEC is chaired by Jonathan but from all indication, Jonathan have not provided cover to Dora or he lacks the political muscles to do so.

It is just a matter of time. They cannot continue dragging this issue
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
asha 80:

Sahara also reported it.

I wonder why people keep doubting sahara.

The harsh truth is that the doubt is based on nothing. Saharareporters at the moment stands taller than any Nigerian News organisation.

I think those who doubt Sahara are those who don't know the difference bewteen News from Sahara Reporters, and fiery articles from wanna be Nigerian Pundits.

All the News they have reported so far with the Authur: Sahara Admin, have all been accurate.

They have even published classified Government memos which all turned out to be true. Right now when I see a news I first check on Sahara because they will go the extra mile of publishing raw meat which established media houses in Nigeria will be scared to published for fear of having the licences withdrawn.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by MrCrackles(m): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
mikeansy:

The harsh truth is that the doubt is based on nothing. Saharareporters at the moment stands taller than any Nigerian News organisation.

I think those who doubt Sahara are those who don't know the difference bewteen News from Sahara Reporters, and fiery articles from wanna be Nigerian Pundits.

All the News they have reported so far with the Authur: Sahara Admin, have all been accurate.

They have even published classified Government memos which all turned out to be true. Right now when I see a news I first check on Sahara because they will go the extra mile of publishing raw meat which established media houses in Nigeria will be scared to published for fear of having the licences withdrawn.
Peach. . . .
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
Tsiya:

The FEC is chaired by Jonathan but from all indication, Jonathan have not provided cover to Dora or he lacks the political muscles to do so.

It is just a matter of time. They cannot continue dragging this issue

Well he is simply not ready to lead!!!!! as such Dora should not have engaged in this misadventure.
Re: Fec Fall Apart: Akunyili Submits "yar'adua Step Down" Memo by asha80(m): 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
mikeansy:

Exactly.Nigerians simply cannot differencita btw sahara admin and articles written by people

Plans To Impeach Bankole Intensify / Pdp Got $5m Halliburton Bribe For 2003 Polls, Says Panel / Fake Condoms In D Market

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49