Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

My Two Months Blogging Experience so far - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Two Months Blogging Experience so far (580 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging / My Two Months Blogging Experience - Entmirror.com / 8 Websites Every Blogger Should Visit For A Better And Safe Blogging Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by infoblaster: 8:35am On Jul 15, 2017
Good morning guys,

I have wanted to share my experience with you guys since last month but for one reason or the order has not been able to pull myself together due to tight schedule on the need to attend to some competing issues.

Have always wanted to be a blogger but for reasons of procrastination, sees myself not living up to the task for years. I had once created one on blogger, but after sometime, discontinued it due to the need to always update it.

However, in the month of April, I was determined to start blogging headlong due to my passion for news and internet which I believed I can use to run a better news blog that will deliver top quality news content to a wide audience on the internet.

I registered a domain name and self hosted my site on WordPress and published my first post on the 13th May, 2017. Ever since, I have been consistent with my posts on the blog and has been able to attract a fairly small following during my two months experience.

1. As at now, my blog has a steady and consistent over 200 visitors daily with an all time of 335 achieved during the week.

2. Within 2 months of blogging, I have over 400 published articles on the blog.

3. The blog has over 120 comments from audience that found it and appreciated what's on offer in it.

4. The blog has attracted visitors from 137 countries of the world during the past two months.

5. No major promotion has been done on it other than sharing published posts on my Facebook and Twitter profiles.

6. The blog still runs on a freemium theme which does not displays pictures on the homepage except when a story is clicked before you see the pictures.

Guys, with this statistics, how have I fared in terms of performance?

Please find attached some screenshots from the blog to tell the story better.

Let me wait to hear from you guys before I proceed on other things I want to share.

Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2017
Drop your blog URL make I confirm wetin dey my mind first lol
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by cyberhope(m): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2017
that's a good move... when you take a move, you already conquered depression. wish you more success!!!
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by burkutu: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2017
hmm.... 400 articles in two months!! is that even possible without paying people to write for you?

Assuming you wrote them all yourself, I think it's high time your wrote an ebook on how to write 200 articles every month. I would certainly buy it.

On the other hand...... well, I need to see the blog to complete that statement.
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by Prevho: 10:12am On Jul 15, 2017
I guess the blog is about. ..

Entertainment or news .
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by infoblaster: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
The blog basically is a news and entertainment blog but has more emphasis on sports reporting which is a strong unifying factor across the world. With the football season on break, you will agree with me that any blogger who has a passion for football stories will have his hands full with different breaking news.

On an average, I published about six posts per day, there are days I have more that this figure and also some days I only have just a single post.
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by Julius2214(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
400 posts in 2 months means only one thing... "Copy and paste"
Except of course you're not the only author
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
I was like WTF the moment I saw 400 post cheesy cheesy

Posting one article everyday is hell for me, talk of 6 artcles daily.. More strength to you bro.. The sky is your starting point.
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by Innov8ve1: 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
Op you are not utilizing wordpress to its optimum level. alexa cant even find any rank for your blog, you got much work to be done.
you mentioned that you get lots of comments from people that visit your site right? lol i hope you know most of these comments are spam. the comment you screengrabbed is a typical spam comment because what the guy wrote has nothing to do with the NERC topic.

My blog isnt up to a month old and alexa is already giving it nice ranks
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by Julius2214(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
The guy's just a big joke
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by infoblaster: 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
Thanks guys for your comments. I guess I should set the records straight on something, I don't do or indulge in copy and paste publishing in my blogging to arrive at over 400 posts within a month.

What I do is to look for ideal content across the web, read it properly and now rewrite in my own words. In the process of rewriting, I end up making mine shorter, straight to the point and still retains the main gist.

On an average, I publish 4-6 posts per day and in instances where a full article from another source is to be used, due recognition is given to the source owner and this also adds to the credibility of the blog.
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by Emmysky(m): 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
What's your blog URL?
Re: My Two Months Blogging Experience so far by infoblaster: 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
Observation

One of my major concern is that the blog has not really featured much in searches whenever I try to search for it on Google.

I read it somewhere that before Google can start picking up a new blog could run into three months, which I don't know how true it is.

Experience bloggers, please share more light on this and how can I make it more visible in Google searches biko.

www.newsonlinenaija.com

(1) (Reply)

Newsflashngr.com Is The Best Entertainment Website In Nigeria / Garantor! Why Messing Up At This Time? / See Best Time To Update Your Social Media Pages To Get More Traffic In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.