Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

My Prediction: CBN May Soon Release ₦2000 Denomination Currency - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Prediction: CBN May Soon Release ₦2000 Denomination Currency (568 Views)

CBN May Increase Interest Rate Soon / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? / CBN May Legalise Use Of Bitcoin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Prediction: CBN May Soon Release ₦2000 Denomination Currency by Muyogoa: 10:47am On Jul 15, 2017
It is just my personal prediction. With the way everything is going greatly expensive I think Nigeria need a 2000 naira denomination currency. What do you think?
Re: My Prediction: CBN May Soon Release ₦2000 Denomination Currency by Okoroawusa: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2017
Muyogoa:
It is just my personal prediction. With the way everything is going greatly expensive I think Nigeria need a 2000 naira denomination currency. What do you think?
ask google
Re: My Prediction: CBN May Soon Release ₦2000 Denomination Currency by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2017
Muyogoa:

I think that your thought is wrong.
Re: My Prediction: CBN May Soon Release ₦2000 Denomination Currency by Mynd44: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2017
Inflation is dropping, he Naira is not fluntuating.

Wont happen based on present stats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Prediction: CBN May Soon Release ₦2000 Denomination Currency by bigtt76(f): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2017
Introduction of new currency notes are usually done to increase the portability of transactions. We've not gotten to the point where that is required.

Had the naira rate to dollar gotten to N1000 then a redenomination of the currency would have been ideal in stabilizing its value because that would have been its actual value if not for the CBN artificial support.

Introducing a N2000 note would make no sense rather it would increase inflation but then if CBN believes it helps in reducing the cost of printing and distributing cash round the country, then it will be acceptable.
Re: My Prediction: CBN May Soon Release ₦2000 Denomination Currency by Muyogoa: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
Introduction of new currency notes are usually done to increase the portability of transactions. We've not gotten to the point where that is required.

Had the naira rate to dollar gotten to N1000 then a redenomination of the currency would have been ideal in stabilizing its value because that would have been its actual value if not for the CBN artificial support.

Introducing a N2000 note would make no sense rather it would increase inflation but then if CBN believes it helps in reducing the cost of printing and distributing cash round the country, then it will be acceptable.
but mist thubgs below 1000 naira before are now far above it

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert-oyetunji Jubril Is A Scammer / I Don't Like Referral Business Might Be Your Thought! / Lost Cheque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.