Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt (28647 Views)

Obituary Of Couple And 2 Kids Who Were Burnt To Death In Benue / Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers Buried (Photos) / Obituary Of 193 Year Old Woman As Family Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by MillySWAGZ(m): 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
hahahahaha!!! the witches and wizards for their villages don use their lives clean yansh
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Jaynom(m): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
DrayZee:
So they just assumed generator fumes were responsible?

And I still can't understand how people bear the smell from smoke. Even if it doesn't kill, doesn't it make you uncomfortable?
And some people can still sleep with it.
RIP.
It paralyzes you
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by SirChime(m): 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:
Dear God! How can people in this day and age be ignorant about the health hazards of generator fumes and Carbon Monoxide poisoning?? An engineer for that matter?

Did they sleep with the generator in the house?
Can't you channel your questions properly ? At this age a so called giant of Africa can't boast of steady power supply. Must people do everything for themselves in this country ? No water ,no light,no road but we keep paying painfully to this government .This family is gone because of useless government in Nigeria. RIP to them.

2 Likes

Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Chukazu: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
cry shouldn't we equally blame it on Fashola who is quick in blaming Jonathan for his woes?

If there was power, this wouldn't be..
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Dollipsejay(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:
Dear God! How can people in this day and age be ignorant about the health hazards of generator fumes and Carbon Monoxide poisoning?? An engineer for that matter?

just what i was about to say.. How did an engineer not know what carbon mono oxide can do
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by ernieboy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
Pidgin2:
Rip, solar is the best source of energy
the best, safest, cleanest...but it is expensive.
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by LionDeLeo: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
Pidgin2:
Rip, solar is the best source of energy

Is solar equipment free?

I hope you are aware the cost of solar equipment required to generate 1kva (same power output from I-pass-my-neighboour gen) can buy 10 of that gen.

Now, how many equipment can you power with that amount of power?

Solar equipment is for rich men, not struggling family.
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Gloriao(f): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:

I have been wondering ooo
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Realsmarttzy(m): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
smartty68:
RIP embarassed
Need To Plan Your Wedding / Anything Event Planning? Let Ifybre Esteem Kulture Help You Plan Your Big Day And Celebrate With You
IFYBRE ESTEEM KULTURE that deals with Event Decoration for all occasions, stage set up and Stage lighting, Event, Cakes, Hostess (Ushers), Standup Comedian, Mc’s, Dj’s, Musicians, Life Band, Cultural Dance Display , and Security.
We have managed events for corporate Bodies and individual in various decorative materials and ideas of lighting up event to a memorable moment.
IFYBRE ESTEEM KULTURE Wish to use this medium to introduce a Cultural Dance, Songs, Masquerade display and Dance Drama Group with series of outing within and outside Nigeria, to it’s credit. Our performance tracks record, within Nigeria includes but is not limited to the following :
* Performance for the Lagos Chambers of Commerce at Opening ceremonies of the Lagos International Trade Fair, 2001to date.
* Grand Performance for NNPC on the occasion of their Special Day at Trade Fair From 2007 to date.
* Performed during official inauguration of the Late President Unarmed Musa Yar’Adua in 2007,at Eagle Square, Abuja.
* Was officially in Charge of Entertainment at the Civic Reception Organizations for Former Imo State Governor, Ikedi Ohakim at Ocean View Restaurant, V/I Lagos in 2008.
* Performed during the exit of a Legend footballer Austin Jay-Jay Okocha from international football at Planet 1in 2008.
* Organized and Performed at Zain MTV Award at Planet1in 2008.
* Performed at Greatness African Organized by Upfront & Personal 2007, 2008, 2009 at Eko Hotel Covention Hall.
* Performed and Decorated at Society of Petroleum Engineers in 2008.
* Performed at the Gala Night of the British Chamber of Commerce in December 2012 at Metropolitan Club Ozomba Mbadiwe VI Lagos State.
* Performed at NDIC gala night 2011 at FourPoint Hotel VI Lagos State.
* Nigeria Port Authority Gala Night performance since 2012 and during Trade Fair in all state , throughout Nigeria.
* Performed for Nigeria Communication Commission(NCC) during the send forth party Night (ATCON) in honour of the former Chairman Dr. Ernest Ndukwe at the Ocean Pearl-Ocean View Restaurant, VI Lagos in 2012.
* Ifybre Esteem Kulture provided dancers and Ushers at the Joint Tax Board (JTB’s) 3rd Int’l Conference held in October,2013, at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja.
* Performed at the Book presentation/Birthday Celebration of Bolaji Akpan Anani (Elder/Chief) National Financial Secretary PDP at Conferences hall, Nixon Luxury Hotel Abuja October16th 2014.
* IFYBRE ESTEEM KULTURE performs at DHL’s family fun fair Organization every year. It also trained and prepared the DHL staff for Cheerleading contest slated for South Africa and Dubai in 2014.
* Performed Transformation Ambassador Nigeria(TAN) during the TAN mega rally at National Stadium 2015.
* Performed at Tincan Container Terminal(TICT) during their end of the year party December 2015.
* Performed Cultural Dance Display and Provided Ushers at Vanguard Award Night at Covention Hall Eko Hotel Lagos state in 2016.
* Organized female dancers for FC Ifeanyi Uba football Club road show Nov.2016.
We have Organized series of events in Ghana and other West African Countries to date .
We make event a unique taste like a fleet of red beautiful roses. Our charges are moderate. We look forward to hear from your Great Organization. Thank you in anticipation.
See Some Photos From IFYBRE ESTEEM KULTURE Previously Organized Events and Services @ http://celebrityvibez.com/for-your-wedding-anything-event-planning-ifybre-esteem-kulture-can-help-make-your-big-day-well-organized-check-this-out/
Yours faithfully,
Esokawu Brenda Ifeoma
IFYBRE ESTEEM KULTURE
official Contacts :
ifybreesteemkulture@yahoo.c
08139360028, 08055180011, 08023308594.
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Dollipsejay(m): 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
SirChime:

Can't you channel your questions properly ? At this age a so called giant of Africa can't boast of steady power supply. Must people do everything for themselves in this country ? No water ,no light,no road but we keep paying painfully to this government .This family is gone because of useless government in Nigeria. RIP to them.
How can you blame a government for this.. why have your own gen not killed you this is pure ignorance and from an engineer for that matter
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by demeele: 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
Inhaling carbon monoxide could lead to unconsciousness and death in less than three minutes if 12,800pm (1.28) is being inhaled.
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by AngelicBeing: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
SirChime:

Well said and spot on, when we call the country a jungle, some people call us unpatriotic, the questions you raised in your post is the same questions l have asked several times, my house in Nigeria, l provided everything myself, paid for Phcn poll and also paid for the installation, provided my own borehole and other estate fees to fix the roads, tell me what the useless government and it's personnel are doing for the citizens, nothing but to rape and Rob the masses, if there was constant light, nobody will opt for smoke killing generators, useless politicians angry

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by ExpensiveG: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
moses93:
u dey mind am? dumb a$$hole.
grin
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by haibe(m): 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Was the generator in their room? I dont get it
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Gkemz: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
Many of deaths recorded in Nigeria are avoidable deaths which if situations that resulted to it were properly managed wouldn't have happened. If there wasn't a power outage, and if govt had banned d importation of faulty generator set that produces fumes, maybe the family would have been alive. Anyways, it has already happened. May their souls RIP
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
this is terrible! may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Ebosman: 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
0b10010011:

Couldn't God have switched off the generator if he existed? grin grin grin

And you here saying "Dear God" mtcheeww
My prayer for you is that one day you will come to a realisation that you didn't create yourself and this life you are living ain't yours. Eirene
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by DrayZee: 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
Jaynom:

It paralyzes you
So you get paralyzed everytime you inhale generator smoke?
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by drealcivilceno(m): 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
0b10010011:

Am glad she stated she doesn't know why God allowed it to happen

Fictitious God!
God did not allow anything happen ooooh! So because Generator that a human being created, release fumes into a person's house, then God caused or allowed it. God is a good God, abeg ooooh.
P.S: if you believe there is no God, I won't stop you but you know that is a lie...
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Timaze(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
[i][/i][color=#000000][/color]good lord please let their soul by accepted by yu .ljn amen rest in peace
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by mykel25(m): 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
My friend, my course rep in 100level RIP I know heaven has a better place for you, your husband and children..........
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by HarryDuce(m): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
DrayZee:

So to smell it is a problem even when you're awake. If I was asleep and generator smoke filled my room, I would wake up and leave. I'm not just talking, it has happened before.
And is that how you fall asleep everytime you're near a running generator?
How can you even sleep when you're not comfortable? They must have gotten used to inhaling it.

Just face it, some people are way too ignorant.
I don't think you know what you are saying.
The post says generator FUMES not SMOKE. Don't confuse yourself..
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Jok3r(m): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
dinma007:
On 4th July, Neighbours of a family of six living at Rumuomosi , in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State, discovered their decomposing bodies in the sitting room, and it was reported that they died due to generator fume.

A sister to the late woman, Stephanie Osaruchi shared their obituary poster as she mourned them.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/family-6-recently-killed-generator-fumes-port-harcour-buried-today.html

rest in lord
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by DrayZee: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
HarryDuce:
I don't think you know what you are saying.
The post says generator FUMES not SMOKE. Don't confuse yourself..
Oh my. It seems you're the confused one here. Whatever it is that killed them had a smell, and they stayed in the presence of that smell till they died.
Or are you telling me "fumes" have no smell?
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by 86bee(f): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
oma se o! quite unfortunate.
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by HarryDuce(m): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
DrayZee:

Oh my. It seems you're the confused one here. Whatever it is that killed them had a smell, and they stayed in the presence of that smell till they died.
Or are you telling me "fumes" have no smell?
Generator fumes can be odourless, especially from newer petrol or diesel generator sets. Only if there is a complication, then it might smoke. A google search would help much.
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by DrayZee: 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
HarryDuce:
Generator fumes can be odourless, especially from newer petrol or diesel generator sets. Only if there is a complication, then it might smoke. A google search would help much.
Stop all this talk about Google search. The people were ignorant and that led to their death. Simple and short.
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by guiddoti: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
0b10010011:

Couldn't God have switched off the generator if he existed? grin grin grin

And you here saying "Dear God" mtcheeww
How good it would have been seeing one aboki treats your Bleep up for blasphemy
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by Yul025(f): 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
i know the lady very well. She was our course rep during my master's degree in uniport. She was doing her phd bf d incident. Very strong and vibrate lady. With pregnancy, she was doing her work as a course rep. I cant believe that u r gone. Rip
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by 0b10010011: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
guiddoti:
How good it would have been seeing one aboki treats your Bleep up for blasphemy

What blasphemy?

Think and be logical with yourself.

Middle-East religion you know nothing about.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery!
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by guiddoti: 2:13am On Jul 16, 2017
0b10010011:

What blasphemy?

Think and be logical with yourself.

Middle-East religion you know nothing about.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery!
what do you know about Africa religion? You don't subject your opinion on others just because you dislike hearing God. I chose Middle East religion, it is working for me. I don't know what Africa religion has done for you.
Re: Obituary Of Family Of 6 Killed By Generator Fume In Port Harcourt by juman(m): 7:14am On Jul 16, 2017
86bee:
oma se o! quite unfortunate.

While over twenty billion dollars have been spent on electricity without any improvement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / Nigerian Lady Who Was Told She Couldn't Give Birth Again, Gives Birth To Twins / Son Pranks His Mother, Tells Her That Their TV Is Touchscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.