Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. (66667 Views)

Euro/American Vs Asian Cars (Reliability, Durability & Performance) / What Exactly Is Wrong With 2001 - 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Models / Difference Between Honda Accord (eod) 2003, 2004 & 2005 Models. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2010
I've started this thread to highlight the differences between Euro and US Honda models.

Early cars were pretty similar, with trim levels being the main difference. These were JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) models. These days, bar the Honda name and logo, there is precious little to tell both models are from the same manufacturer. For the purpose of this thread, I'll be concentrating on later models, or early models that had a marked distinction between Euro and US models.

This thread is also meant to be educative - generally, Nigerians in Nigeria would order their Honda Accord or Civic from the United States, or Canada, due to the LHD issue. Converting early models from RHD is not a cheap, or easy exercise, and can result in tears and regrets, if not done properly. And just in case you feel the need to pre-order a late model Accor or Civic from Europe - Belgium, Germany, France, Spain or any other part of Europe that runs LHD models, beware. If you don't do your homework, yes, you'll get a LHD Honda. But don't be surprised if you get a car that looks totally different from what you were expecting! wink

In the following posts, I'll be posting pictures of both Euro and US models, to highlight their differences. Happy viewing!
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
US-spec 2002 Honda Accord:

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
Euro-spec 2002 Honda Accord:

1 Share

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2010
US-spec 1997 Honda Accord:

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2010
Euro-spec 1997 Honda Accord:

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2010
US-spec 2007 Honda Civic:

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
Euro-spec 2007 Honda Civic:

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2010
US-spec 2006 Honda Civic:

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2010
Euro-spec 2006 Honda Accord:

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by rockiedink(m): 10:36pm On Feb 03, 2010
Siena:

US-spec 2006 Honda Accord:

Umm. . . bruv not to rain on your parade but. . . the picture you posted along with the above quote is actually for the Civic undecided undecided undecided correct me if I'm wrong please.
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
US-spec 2010 Honda Civic:

1 Like

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 03, 2010
Euro-spec 2010 Honda Civic:

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Emperoh(m): 9:38am On Feb 04, 2010
the shape for the 2010 Civic for US has been in Circulation in Nigeria and was imported from Dubai!!
I don't know they all mean same thing?
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
Dubai will have the same models as sold in North America and Canada.
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by charlesbid: 10:44pm On Feb 04, 2010
@ sienna:
this is not for this tread, but help me out.
pls tell me more about these 4 cars. their durability, easy repair by our mechanics, availabilty of parts, which of the cars to avoid in other not to have problems and problems.

1, Ford Windstar
2, Isuzu rodeo
3, Mitsubishi montero
4, chrysler space wargon
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by viper3ez(m): 12:06am On Feb 05, 2010
sorry bro but you are so wrong on the civics, its ridiculous.

all the civics you posted for europe are eith concept cars not in production, special edition TYPE-R branded(for car enthusiasts) or just civic hatchbacks which coexist with the regular civics.

for the most part, a lot of euro honda models sell as acura models in the US and the US hondas are usually built just for the north american market

2010 civics are still the same as 2007.

euro has a hatchback version called the civic Si and a customized version called the civic mungen type-r. US has the 4 door and the 2 door

below you have

1) 2006 honda accord for euro(sold as acura legend in US)
2) 2006 honda accord for US
3)2007 honda civic for euro and jdm(japan)
4)2007 honda civic US

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by viper3ez(m): 12:09am On Feb 05, 2010
correction for above post

1) above is 2006 honda accord for euro sold as acura TSX in us

below is 2007 honda civic 2door for US.

the 2007 the original poster posted is eoro civiic 2 door versio

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 05, 2010
^^^ I am aware of the different names used in the US. The purpose of this thread is for those buying these cars from LHD European countries, where the names are the same as in US versions. So they know what they're buying. The Acura is not sold in Europe, so there won't be any confusion there.

This is why I posted the same years in Euro and US versions. Please read my opening post, and you'll see the reasoning behind it.
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 12:55am On Feb 05, 2010
The blue Civic you posted above is a JDM import, it is a British registered car, but only available here as a grey (personal) import. As for your comment on Type-R Civics, they are the same as regular Civics, only differing in the engines, side skirts, front and rear bumpers, seats, lower and stiffer suspension. The basic car shapes are the same.

See my above post on JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) cars.
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 05, 2010
charlesbid:

@ sienna:
this is not for this tread, but help me out.
pls tell me more about these 4 cars. their durability, easy repair by our mechanics, availabilty of parts, which of the cars to avoid in other not to have problems and problems.

1, Ford Windstar
2, Isuzu rodeo
3, Mitsubishi montero
4, chrysler space wargon

The Ford and Chrysler are popular in the US, but not sure how readily available parts are in Nigeria, or their mechanical durability.

My choice will be between the Isuzu and Mitsubishi. They are Japanese, and Japanese cars are reliable, Nigerian mechanics that know their way around the workings of a Honda, Toyota or Nissan will be comfortable with the Isuzu and Mitsubishi. Parts availability shouldn't be too bad either.

Good luck with your choices.
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by viper3ez(m): 1:09am On Feb 05, 2010
and you confirmed most of what i said.

ur 2010 US civic is not a us but a eoro version. pay attention to the head and tai;l light same as my blue one which is a 07 euro version.

your 2010 euro civic is not even a civic buut a CRX concept. not in production.

civic has not changed either in europe or america for 2010, same car it was 2007.

uS does npot have a type R civic either, euro and japan only.
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by sglobe: 8:06am On Jan 14, 2012
nice information about the differences of europe honda and us honda made. actually i find some differences from the acura oem parts. nice thread. thanks.
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 14, 2019
Are there differences between the engines of the two cars( US and Europe versions) of Accord?
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by nurey(m): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2019
AkanebiDollz:
Are there differences between the engines of the two cars( US and Europe versions) of Accord?

depending on model year, yes Engine are always different

1 Like

Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thank you very much for your prompt response sir. One more thing. Which version has its parts readily available and cheaper?
Re: Euro Vs Us Honda Models - Differences. by nurey(m): 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
AkanebiDollz:
Thank you very much for your prompt response sir. One more thing. Which version has its parts readily available and cheaper?

We import a greater % of our cars from US or north American market than Europe, though both continent offering may share some identical parts like shocks, legworks, Engine seating and mounts even same Engine and transmission depending on what was tweaked by the manufacturer.

So it's safe to say for the NA you get every part readily available, for Europe, some body parts and Engine internals may be unavailable

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

BMW 750li Xdrive Bashed In Lagos / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon / Design And Features Of The IVM G40 Presented To Mercy, Winner Of BBNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.