Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) (67690 Views)

Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned / But For My 2,000 Rented Crowd, Buhari Would Have Met Empty Stadium – Umahi / Kola Aluko Loses Weight, Wears Tattoos, Now Lives In Mexico (New Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by obajoey(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
I know if it's in Nigeria, the judge will say there is no case submission and dismiss all the charges.

For Nigeria to move forward, most of these people are to be killed or locked up.

1 Like

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by SalamRushdie: 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
oyienootieno:

You will soon understand when you start reasoning in a positive way.

The only positive way to reason now is to make sure this is the last tenure of that inept Ponzi scheme of a president y'all call Buhari anything else is negative thinking
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by SalamRushdie: 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
obajoey:
I know if it's in Nigeria, the judge will say there is no case submission and dismiss all the charges.

For Nigeria to move forward, most of these people are to be killed or locked up.

Let's just make sure our institutions work and work properly but the only way for Nigeria to move forward is for us to get a really visionary and purposeful leader who will be able to fuel our rockets to greater heights

1 Like

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by oyienootieno: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

The only positive way to reason now is to make sure this is the last tenure of that inept Ponzi scheme of a president y'all call Buhari anything else is negative thinking

Yeah to you anything including recycling old looters like Atiku, Saraki or Peter Odili.

2 Likes

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by SalamRushdie: 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
oyienootieno:

Yeah to you anything including recycling old looters like Atiku, Saraki or Peter Odili.

Naa..none of them is visionary enough for me ...I have my eyes on Osinbanjo

1 Like

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by ashjay001(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
To all who still yearn for d Buffoon, may his mode of administration be visited upon ur generations!

As bad as u think Bubu is, we're yet to hear of such absurd sums being frittered away!?

2 Likes

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by KahlDrogo(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
Inanna:
Beyoncé and Jay-z are are worth almost a billion dollars; real , legit wealth from their sweat and hard work. They can afford to buy 10 of those yatchs but they'll rather rent it because they understand the value of their money and that splurging money on it would be senseless. But these thieveing clowns with stolen money would buy an $80million yatch!!!!!? With money that's not theirs. For something he'd only use once in a while. This is very atrocious. Nigeria needs help.
Honestly I would rather not believe the yatch is worth up to that amount.
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by oyienootieno: 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Good... He is the man for the job. If only the will allow fashola reinstall discipline from the center.

2 Likes

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by burkingx(f): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:
Honestly if it were possible Jonathan and Madam puffpuff Okonjo Iweala would have put Nigeria up for sale on OLX. I'm still angry that the EFCC has failed to arrest Patience Jonathan and her family members for all their fraudulent activities. How can that thief woman still be flaunting that 35million dollar bank account in our faces!
.... lipsrsealed

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by expensiveguyman(m): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
what a country ? if I should say my mind, I suggest that all those who had held a political appointment, starting from local govt chairman up to the president, should be brought out to the public and stone to death bcoz they have looted our future nd those of our unborn children.

1 Like

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by SBG04: 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2017
burkingx:
.... lipsrsealed
Patience pikin. How market? wink
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by lakesidepapa(m): 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
nativeSON12345:
Court documents filed by the US Department of Justice in Houston have revealed that Nigeria’s former oil minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke tried to warn Kola Aluko and Jide Omokore, her business partners against lavish spending, including splashing millions of dollars on a yacht.

“If you want to hire a yacht, you lease it for two weeks or whatever. You don’t go and sink funds into it at this time when Nigerian oil and gas sector is under all kinds of watch,” she said to Aluko in a recorded conversation.

But her warning was not heeded as Aluko went on to buy Galactica Star, a luxury yacht, for $80million.

The yacht, a stupendous luxury on water, was once rented by Jay Z and his wife, Beyonce for close to a million dollars during a holiday last year. It also once hosted Beyonce’s 32nd birthday in 2013.

Both Aluko and Omokore are alleged to have paid bribes between 2011 and 2015 to Diezani who ensured that shell companies owned by the businessmen received billion-dollar contracts to sell Nigeria’s crude oil.

The oil swap contracts were a controversial barter arrangement which saw Nigeria use middlemen to sell crude oil in exchange for refined products. With local refineries under-performing, oil swap deals were used to shore up local demand for petroleum products.

Between 2010 and 2014, under Diezani’s watch, Nigeria was estimated to have channeled over 352 million barrels of oil worth a total of $35 billion into oil swap deals.

But with the contracts mostly opaque, Nigeria reportedly lost more than $900 million in crude oil swap deals between 2009 and 2012.

The deals came under severe scrutiny with former Central Bank Governor now Emir Muhammadu Sanusi describing them “not properly structured, monitored and audited.”

President Buhari cancelled the oil swap arrangement in November 2015, seven months after taking office.

The US Justice Department (DOJ) lawsuit has provided more insight into the scale of theft of Nigeria’s oil riches under Diezani Alison-Madueke’s watch.

The civil lawsuit, brought by DOJ’s Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative, is seeking to recover $144 million in assets, including a $50 million luxury condo apartment in New York and the $80 million yacht.

Prosecutors say both assets were proceeds from bribes paid by two Nigerian businessmen for lucrative Nigerian oil contracts. The lawsuit seeks the forfeiture of both assets.

Prosecutors claim that the businessmen, Kolawole Aluko and Olajide Omokore, laundered money through the US by purchasing lavish assets.

The $50 million New York condo is at One57, located opposite Carnegie Hall in midtown Manhattan. The building currently holds the record for the most-expensive residential sale in New York following a $100.5 million apartment purchase in 2014.

Aluko’s $50 million condo is the 8th most expensive in the building, but following a loan default, his mortgage lenders are set to auction the apartment on July 19.

Aluko is also said to have purchased Galactica Star, a $80 million 65-meter yacht which hosted Beyonce’s 32nd birthday bash in 2013.

Aluko’s yacht and penthouse are not the only items under scrutiny by the DOJ.

The government also alleges that Aluko, Omokore and others funded a lavish lifestyle for Alison-Madueke.

According to the allegations, they conspired to purchase millions of dollars in real estate in and around London for Alison-Madueke and her family members, then renovated and furnished these homes with millions of dollars in furniture, artwork and other luxury items purchased at two Houston-area furniture stores at Alison-Madueke’s direction.

According to Financial Times, the two are accused of buying a total of four residential properties in and around London worth 11.45 million, and furnishing them with furniture, artwork and other luxury items.

“In one day in May 2012, Mr. Aluko was said to have wired $461,500 and $262,091 to two furniture stores in Houston from a Swiss bank account, on behalf of Mrs. Alison-Madueke, the civic complaint filed in the court claimed.

In return, the government alleges Alison-Madueke used her influence to direct a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to award Strategic Alliance Agreements (SAAs) to two shell companies created by Aluko and Omokore: Atlantic Energy Drilling Concepts Nigeria Ltd. and Atlantic Energy Brass Development Ltd. (the Atlantic Companies).

Under the SAAs, the Atlantic Companies were required to finance the exploration and production operations of eight on-shore oil and gas blocks. In return for financing these operations, the companies expected to receive a portion of the oil and gas produced.

However, according to the complaint, the Atlantic Companies provided only a fraction of the agreed upon financing or, in some instances, failed entirely to provide it.

The companies also failed to meet other obligations under the SAAs, including the payment of $120 million entry fee.

Nevertheless, according to the allegations, the companies were permitted to lift and sell more than $1.5 billion worth of Nigerian crude oil.

The government contends the Atlantic Companies then used a series of shell companies and intermediaries to launder a portion of the total proceeds of these arrangements into and through the U.S.

Source NAN

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/diezani-warned-aluko-about-buying-yatch/

Mr. Kola Aluko, Ijeshas are very hard working, loyal and ressilance but ur case is different, which way nw?

1 Like

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by Claessique1(f): 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
I don't care if Seun (my new crush) and his pipu ban me from NL, but really., from the depth of my heart, I say, God will punish all this people, he will punish them in hundreds fold and again I say they will all rot away.
This is so annoying. Really.
Haba. People are suffering yet some persons still take out time to greedily do all of this.. ...
Hmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by burkingx(f): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

Patience pikin. How market? wink
... angry

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Sorry bro, the cabal already have their eyes on Osinbajo..and it's for evil not for good.. that he must not compete 2019...
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Stop using a 1 dimensional thought process jare ..On the contrary if the very clumsy Jonathan would have been been reelected corruption would have been glorified but Nigeria won't be in a recession and we would still have a middle class ..Make no mistake 80 percent of the problem that threw our clumsy economy into a depression stemmed from the mentally defective personality and poor thought process of General Buhari who is as a matter of fact not smart person

Where would u see the money to be out of the recession.
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by r2beez(m): 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
FamousAbN:
I rested that yacht also in 2014, why didn't they include my nsme

Becos u rested it grin
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by jreyez(m): 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
Inanna:
Beyoncé and Jay-z are are worth almost a billion dollars; real , legit wealth from their sweat and hard work. They can afford to buy 10 of those yatchs but they'll rather rent it because they understand the value of their money and that splurging money on it would be senseless. But these thieveing clowns with stolen money would buy an $80million yatch!!!!!? With money that's not theirs. For something he'd only use once in a while. This is very atrocious. Nigeria needs help.

You're a stupid goat, always quick to bash Nigerians abi? Fowl
They value their money and Beyonce bought an island for their first born ivy... Come it's like your brain is paining you.
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by Halancornell(m): 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
[b][/b]
FamousAbN:
undecided . . .rested kwa ?
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by davidif: 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Wow!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by davidif: 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
And why is Jonathan still walking the streets freely?

1 Like

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by davidif: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
nativeSON12345:
Court documents filed by the US Department of Justice in Houston have revealed that Nigeria’s former oil minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke tried to warn Kola Aluko and Jide Omokore, her business partners against lavish spending, including splashing millions of dollars on a yacht.

“If you want to hire a yacht, you lease it for two weeks or whatever. You don’t go and sink funds into it at this time when Nigerian oil and gas sector is under all kinds of watch,” she said to Aluko in a recorded conversation.

But her warning was not heeded as Aluko went on to buy Galactica Star, a luxury yacht, for $80million.

The yacht, a stupendous luxury on water, was once rented by Jay Z and his wife, Beyonce for close to a million dollars during a holiday last year. It also once hosted Beyonce’s 32nd birthday in 2013.

Both Aluko and Omokore are alleged to have paid bribes between 2011 and 2015 to Diezani who ensured that shell companies owned by the businessmen received billion-dollar contracts to sell Nigeria’s crude oil.

The oil swap contracts were a controversial barter arrangement which saw Nigeria use middlemen to sell crude oil in exchange for refined products. With local refineries under-performing, oil swap deals were used to shore up local demand for petroleum products.

Between 2010 and 2014, under Diezani’s watch, Nigeria was estimated to have channeled over 352 million barrels of oil worth a total of $35 billion into oil swap deals.

But with the contracts mostly opaque, Nigeria reportedly lost more than $900 million in crude oil swap deals between 2009 and 2012.

The deals came under severe scrutiny with former Central Bank Governor now Emir Muhammadu Sanusi describing them “not properly structured, monitored and audited.”

President Buhari cancelled the oil swap arrangement in November 2015, seven months after taking office.

The US Justice Department (DOJ) lawsuit has provided more insight into the scale of theft of Nigeria’s oil riches under Diezani Alison-Madueke’s watch.

The civil lawsuit, brought by DOJ’s Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative, is seeking to recover $144 million in assets, including a $50 million luxury condo apartment in New York and the $80 million yacht.

Prosecutors say both assets were proceeds from bribes paid by two Nigerian businessmen for lucrative Nigerian oil contracts. The lawsuit seeks the forfeiture of both assets.

Prosecutors claim that the businessmen, Kolawole Aluko and Olajide Omokore, laundered money through the US by purchasing lavish assets.

The $50 million New York condo is at One57, located opposite Carnegie Hall in midtown Manhattan. The building currently holds the record for the most-expensive residential sale in New York following a $100.5 million apartment purchase in 2014.

Aluko’s $50 million condo is the 8th most expensive in the building, but following a loan default, his mortgage lenders are set to auction the apartment on July 19.

Aluko is also said to have purchased Galactica Star, a $80 million 65-meter yacht which hosted Beyonce’s 32nd birthday bash in 2013.

Aluko’s yacht and penthouse are not the only items under scrutiny by the DOJ.

The government also alleges that Aluko, Omokore and others funded a lavish lifestyle for Alison-Madueke.

According to the allegations, they conspired to purchase millions of dollars in real estate in and around London for Alison-Madueke and her family members, then renovated and furnished these homes with millions of dollars in furniture, artwork and other luxury items purchased at two Houston-area furniture stores at Alison-Madueke’s direction.

According to Financial Times, the two are accused of buying a total of four residential properties in and around London worth 11.45 million, and furnishing them with furniture, artwork and other luxury items.

“In one day in May 2012, Mr. Aluko was said to have wired $461,500 and $262,091 to two furniture stores in Houston from a Swiss bank account, on behalf of Mrs. Alison-Madueke, the civic complaint filed in the court claimed.

In return, the government alleges Alison-Madueke used her influence to direct a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to award Strategic Alliance Agreements (SAAs) to two shell companies created by Aluko and Omokore: Atlantic Energy Drilling Concepts Nigeria Ltd. and Atlantic Energy Brass Development Ltd. (the Atlantic Companies).

Under the SAAs, the Atlantic Companies were required to finance the exploration and production operations of eight on-shore oil and gas blocks. In return for financing these operations, the companies expected to receive a portion of the oil and gas produced.

However, according to the complaint, the Atlantic Companies provided only a fraction of the agreed upon financing or, in some instances, failed entirely to provide it.

The companies also failed to meet other obligations under the SAAs, including the payment of $120 million entry fee.

Nevertheless, according to the allegations, the companies were permitted to lift and sell more than $1.5 billion worth of Nigerian crude oil.

The government contends the Atlantic Companies then used a series of shell companies and intermediaries to launder a portion of the total proceeds of these arrangements into and through the U.S.

Source NAN

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/diezani-warned-aluko-about-buying-yatch/

And ladies and gentlemen, this is why we need to get rid of state owned industries.

2 Likes

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by Getintouch2004(m): 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
FamousAbN:

Because you only "rested" it
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by davidif: 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:
Honestly if it were possible Jonathan and Madam puffpuff Okonjo Iweala would have put Nigeria up for sale on OLX. I'm still angry that the EFCC has failed to arrest Patience Jonathan and her family members for all their fraudulent activities. How can that thief woman still be flaunting that 35million dollar bank account in our faces!

What's even more perplexing is that some Nigerians still hold them.in high regard?

3 Likes

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by obajoey(m): 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2017
the senate should be scrapped.
SalamRushdie:

Let's just make sure our institutions work and work properly but the only way for Nigeria to move forward is for us to get a really visionary and purposeful leader who will be able to fuel our rockets to greater heights

2 Likes

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by SalamRushdie: 10:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
PUSH1:

Where would u see the money to be out of the recession.

That would be challenge for now but it can be done if we think through properly.
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by dipznano: 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
SmoothNigerian:
shocked

E shock you?? Lool

BTW We have seen buhari o, let's goan tell him!
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by larryj09(m): 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
God save my country from the hands of suckaway that suck money like breast..
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by kenoz(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
kiss
Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by emmaadigun(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
you can imagine what Jonathan and his looters turn us to. many of you will now be wailing against burahi. say the truth for once, you will not say, I'm expeting mouth watery ffk, and no bus stop fayose to comment in this, may God find all of you out and pay back in a hard way.

4 Likes

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by silazy(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mehn!!! PDP government ran this country aground..The level of corruption under GEJ frighten OBJ the father of corruption himself.

1 Like

Re: Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) by bilazego(m): 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
we no go hear Afonjas say 'na them' this time because they are involved. they will not say they love money nor call them thieves, they are shifting attention and praising buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Playing With His Grandchild (Photos) / Ebere Ihedioha Consoles Husband, Emeka Over Supreme Court Loss / Videos, Pictures Of Killing Of Soldiers In Metele Doctored By Terrorist - Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.