Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round (16942 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Does Heaven Only Help Those Who Help Themselves? / Heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves: Hardmirror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by hopefulLandlord: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2017
n
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by DeepSight(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
hmmm heaven has been of help to man kind since creation, the rain, the wind, the days, the nights, the sunshine, the earth for plants, the air we breath in.

Please stop deceiving yourself.

Everything in nature bespeaks struggle and combat for survival. Form the minute you are born the clock starts winding down.

Every creature must eat other living things in order to survive. Every creature. Does this not tell you something about nature and life?
The world is a beastly and wild place: and there is no reason to imagine some special empathetic "help" arriving from Katmandu.

You speak about the sun, the air we breathe and the rain and such other things as being "help". That's not help: without those things, we would not exist at all and certainly not existing at all is a much better option than existing in this beastly world.

Once born to this world, you are born unto a power, and that power is death. The truth is that there is not one single human being who knows what happens after death. We only tell ourselves desperate lies to comfort the fear of our certain and looming demise, wherewith we shall be tossed into a wooden box and thrown into the ground, covered up, and rot away to be consumed by maggots. . .

1 Like

Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by handsomenonny(m): 11:22am On Jul 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Yunisa001(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2017
donsamtex:
I sometimes wonder how can heaven help someone, when the person can already help his or herself?..
The phrase should be change to HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO CANT HELP THEMSELVES.

Even in the bible heaven has always help those who cant help themselves,take the story of Elijah for example when he was being hunt, after killing those baal priest. He went into hiding and God feed him through ravens because he wasnt able to help himself.
ASK YOURSELF DO YOU REALLY NEEDS GODS HELP WHEN YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF.
in a simple meaning God does not encourage laziness
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Opelwonder(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2017
The OP goes to salvation ministries
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 16, 2017
donsamtex:
I sometimes wonder how can heaven help someone, when the person can already help his or herself?..

Even in the bible heaven has always help those who cant help themselves,take the story of Elijah for example when he was being hunt, after killing those baal priest. He went into hiding and God feed him through ravens because he wasnt able to help himself.

TRY GET SENSE OGA. ODE
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by zionmade(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2017
Joysmith2:
Look it from the other side,,,e g ,there are pple who are so lazy,they don't like to work but u see them praying for GOD to give dem money....
Help urself a little and let GOD help you with support through one way or d other....
No my dear it's not the contest of the OP
look at Jehoshaphat sorrounded by armies far outnumbering his army, he was helpless and cried to God, he didn't even have to fight, God fought the war.
there was another king of Judah sorrounded by Jeroboam and no way out, His people called upon God and shouted and Jeroboam was defeated.
But the day Asa went to seek help from King of Syria, God was angry with him.

The best way to get God into any situation is to helplessly fall to his feet telling him u cannot help urself at that moment. U will see the speed of God's saving power.
If u can help urself then what's the need of God helping u. Never tell God to join his strength or wisdom with ur own in other to overcome. He doesn't need ur input, he can do it all by himself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by ncoolsome(m): 11:28am On Jul 16, 2017
donsamtex:

I stand to disagree "Heaven helps all cuz all needs heaven all the time"...u slept n woke it's heaven,u walk on the streets n return home it's heaven,u r hale n hearty it's heaven,u can breath it's heaven...tell me one point u feel u can help urself n I will tell u were heaven came in..
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by herohelper1(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2017
''havean helps dos who helps dem selves' is a proverb ok. it dos nt necessarily mean dt heaven cnt help dos who cnt help dem selves, its a proverbs dt xpreses d bliv dt God helps dos who re hardworking..

2 Likes

Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Erhun10z: 11:29am On Jul 16, 2017
That Saying Is From Benjamin Frankline, The American. It Was His Way Of Saying; " Do Your Best, And Leave The Rest For God "
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Rainstorms, Tornado, Lightening, Hurricane, Typhoons...

Heaven has been helpful in destroying many.
sciencetifically those natural disasters can be explained and as to why they happen and offcours lost of lives can be prevented but one thing that science cant explain is the air we breath in.
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by DeepSight(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2017
zionmade:

. Never tell God to join his strength or wisdom with ur own in other to overcome. He doesn't need ur input, he can do it all by himself

In that case why should anyone bother to work.

Why should anyone be hardworking and challenge hismself and push himself to the limits.

Should we not all just sleep at home and cry upon God?
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Kennitrust(m): 11:32am On Jul 16, 2017
except u are not helpless as a result of laziness

then God can help u when u are helpless
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by DeepSight(m): 11:33am On Jul 16, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
sciencetifically those natural disasters can be explained and as to why they happen and offcours lost of lives can be prevented but one thing that science cant explain is the air we breath in.

I don't understand how the air we breathe is "help".

Without the air, we would not exist at all.
The air is a fundamental of our existence.

So I can't see how it is help.

Help should refer to assisting someone who is already existing to overcome a problem to move to an improved situation, or acheive happiness, etc. You cannot refer to something without which the person would not even exist in the first place as help.

Frankly, would we not be better off not existing at all?
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by lonelydora: 11:34am On Jul 16, 2017
I will comment after church
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 16, 2017
Joysmith2:
Look it from the other side,,,e g ,there are pple who are so lazy,they don't like to work but u see them praying for GOD to give dem money....
Help urself a little and let GOD help you with support through one way or d other....

God only helps those who work hard
Those who are willing to work hard but can't
Lazy bones aren't exactly top on the priority list, you can't sleep at home every day & expect to be a billionaire

So You are very correct, oya take one

Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by delors(m): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2017
Heaven really need to help you because this ur grammar no be small thing o
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2017
DeepSight:

I don't understand how the air we breath is "help".

Without the air, we would not exist at all.
The air is a fundamental of our existence.

So I can't see how it is help.

Help should refer to assisting someone who is already existing to overcome a problem to move to an improved situation, or acheive happiness, etc. You cannot refer to something without which the person would not even exist in the first place as help.

Frankly, would we not be better off not existing at all?
GOD in his infinite mercies has always been of help to man, for example do you think that despite all your sins and condemnations against the bible, that you slept and wake up fine, do you think its by your power? do you even think its by how rich you are or how healthy you are? Bro its by the grace of GOD that you are here this morning, so that is help.

1 Like

Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 16, 2017
donsamtex:

So you want to twist this simple English adage? Helping yourself as used does not mean being disadvantaged or inopportune, it's failing to prepare, failing to be available for heaven's help.
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by userplainly(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2017
PLS O.... WHO KNOWS WHERE I CAN REGISTER FPR INEC VOTERS CARD IN PORT HARCOURT
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by DeepSight(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
GOD in his infinite mercies has always been of help to man,

Please give me examples of how God has helped men.

for example do you think that despite all your sins and condemnations against the bible,

What sins?

And why is the Bible an authority over me?

that you slept and wake up fine, do you think its by your power? do you even think its by how rich you are or how healthy you are?

No, I think its the work of higher powers intent on continuing to enjoy the cosmic ma.sturbation of watching the drama of human existence.

Bro its by the grace of GOD that you are here this morning, so that is help.

How do you know if I would rather not have been born at all?
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Pataricatering(f): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2017
Off course heaven helps only those who help themselves - because they are the ones really helping themselves ! Heaven cant help you if you don't help yourself - cause heaven really can't do anything for anyone !
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by An2elect2(f): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2017
shocked Heaven is a created place. How come it's the one helping not the creator

Abeg everything about that proverb is wrong undecided
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by queency1(f): 11:48am On Jul 16, 2017
I feel the proverb 'heaven only help those who help themselves' is a direct interpretation of faith without works is dead . This to imply that God only blesses our hard work not our idleness

1 Like

Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by oriflamebaby1(f): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2017
Make Money, look good and have fun! Ask me how?

Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by DeepSight(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2017
Pataricatering:
Off course heaven helps only those who help themselves - because they are the ones really helping themselves ! Heaven cant help you if you don't help yourself - cause heaven really can't do anything for anyone !

Interesting. Are you atheist?
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Digriz(m): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2017
firebaby:
Just put a little effort that's all heaven need to see that you want to do some not just laying low,restless always believing in others efforts,it means let God see that you put your efforts already and God(heaven) will help you a Yoruba adage says and I quote"omo to ba sipa niya n ran lowo"may God help us tnk u
Absolutely, OP u are wrong,u need to show u are willing and needs help but ur effort is not good enough,then heaven will come for assistant.
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by psalmistkakah(m): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2017
It simply means that put in an effort and leave God to d rest
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Amylights(f): 11:53am On Jul 16, 2017
You have a point though, but one's effort is required too.
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 16, 2017
aatheist everywhere trying to change the order...the laws of nature.op heaven epp those that eppp themselves ...period.i assuume u made alot of cash and for ur mind u diid it on ur own. Dntt bring the wrath of jehova upon u
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by zionmade(m): 11:55am On Jul 16, 2017
DeepSight:

In that case why should anyone bother to work.

Why should anyone be hardworking and challenge hismself and push himself to the limits.

Should we not all just sleep at home and cry upon God?
Yes u should be hardworking and productive. Laziness is a function of lacking God's presence in ur life. but ur hardwork does not guarantee u help from above. Ur helplessness before God makes heaven come to ur rescue. Heaven won't help u because u help urself but because u trust in God's ability to help u.
Re: Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round by linearity: 11:55am On Jul 16, 2017
donsamtex:

The scriptures backup the claim that heaven helps, those who helps themselves...

1. Faith without work is not pleasing onto God, doing doing 'work' you are helping yourself.

2. Remember the parable of the three men by Jesus, whose master gave treasures to, before he travelled? The servants that made more treasures with the ones they were given, were rewarded more...the servant that made nothing, even his small treasure was taken from him and given to others.

3. Jesus turned five loaves of bread and two fishes into an abundance to feed five thousand, he would had done it without the bread/fish, chooses otherwise.

4. Pots of water was turned into wine, and not from the thin air.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Commandments Of Muhammad The Founder Of Islam. / Recommend A Church For This Nairalander / Now Or Never! By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.