Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,016 members, 7,859,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:04 PM

Drama In House Of Reps As Northern Rep Pleads For Leniency! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama In House Of Reps As Northern Rep Pleads For Leniency! (565 Views)

House Leadership: Tension As Northern, S’east Reps Protest Exclusion / Drama As Northern Group Seeks ICC Prosecution Of Buhari / Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drama In House Of Reps As Northern Rep Pleads For Leniency! by bobosunny: 2:48am On Feb 04, 2010
Two members of the House of Representatives nearly exchanged blows on Wednesday as anger boiled over the rejection of a motion asking President Umaru Yar’Adua to transmit power to Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Many lawmakers were particularly angry that the Speaker, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, did not give more members a chance to speak on the motion before he ruled in favour of those opposed to it.

The motion simply sought to ask Yar’Adua to comply with Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution.

Mr. Independence Ogunewe from Imo State was one of the lawmakers who supported the motion, but he was disallowed from speaking.

However, while he was pressing to be heard, another lawmaker, Mr. Ado Dogo, from Kano State , reminded him that the House might suspend him (Ogunewe) for arguing with Bankole.

An angry Ogunewe immediately rushed at Dogo in a bid to hit him, but Dogo ran from his seat.

Ogunewe chased after him until Dogo tripped and fell in the chamber, raising his hands and begging Ogunewe not to punch him.

“Please, please, I beg you in the name of God; I am sorry,” he pleaded.

But the obviously livid Ogunewe rained abuses on Dogo for daring to threaten him with suspension.

“How could he have talked about suspension? This was the same man who moved a motion for my suspension before. He is threatening me again, let him dare it,” he fumed.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201002044505662
Re: Drama In House Of Reps As Northern Rep Pleads For Leniency! by Beaf: 3:09am On Feb 04, 2010
bobo_sunny:

. . .
An angry Ogunewe immediately rushed at Dogo in a bid to hit him, but Dogo ran from his seat.

Ogunewe chased after him until Dogo tripped and fell in the chamber, raising his hands and begging Ogunewe not to punch him.

“Please, please, I beg you in the name of God; I am sorry,” he pleaded.

But the obviously livid Ogunewe rained abuses on Dogo for daring to threaten him with suspension.

“How could he have talked about suspension? This was the same man who moved a motion for my suspension before. He is threatening me again, let him dare it,” he fumed.

Militants don reach NASS too? shocked
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Drama In House Of Reps As Northern Rep Pleads For Leniency! by grafikdon: 3:47am On Feb 04, 2010
grin grin grin grin This is just fraggin' hilarious.

(1) (Reply)

Terry Can Take Holiday – Ancelotti / Anambra Election Not Going Too Well In Awka / Aide Denies Yar'adua Will Hand Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.