Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,110 members, 7,860,021 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Akunyili Speaks On 'yaradua's Step Down' Memo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Speaks On 'yaradua's Step Down' Memo (567 Views)

Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi / Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili / Jonathan Discredits Clerics' Report On Yaradua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akunyili Speaks On 'yaradua's Step Down' Memo by bobosunny: 2:57am On Feb 04, 2010
Akunyili, in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, confirmed that she, indeed, tabled a memo on the President’s health to the council.

She, however, declined to discuss the details of the memo or the motive behind her action.

Akunyili said, “Yes, I presented the memo to the council. Somebody must have called and told you that. I presented the memo.”

Asked the content of the memo, she replied, “I will not be able to discuss the content now. It was read but not debated and subsequently withdrawn. That means it was not taken. So, I can’t discuss the details with you now.”

On whether it meant that the memo would be taken at the next meeting, she stated, “I will represent it because I stand by whatever I said in the memo.”

Our correspondents gathered that immediately after Akunyili’s memo was read and rejected at FEC, tempers rose as a good number of ministers, led by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa, shouted her down.

A source disclosed that Pro Jonathan ministers were so shocked by the fiery reaction of the Pro Yar’Adua ministers, although a few latter met with Akunyili to congratulate her for her courage.

Evidence that Akunyili might have disagreed with the Council’s resolution on January 27 had shown in her appearance in the front page photograph of many newspapers, Aondoakaa, addressed the press on the decision taken on Yar’Adua.

The pretty-looking 55-year-old Akunyili wore a weary look and appeared evidently bothered.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201002044475296
Re: Akunyili Speaks On 'yaradua's Step Down' Memo by bobosunny: 3:05am On Feb 04, 2010
I think it's high time Aondoakaa get's cut down to size.

(1) (Reply)

Will You Dump A Man Who Has Millionaires Of Usa Dollar / Hand Aondakaaaa Over 2 Nija Delta Militants / Jonathan Please Install Dora As Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.