Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today (30618 Views)

Davido Celebrates His 27th Birthday, Shares Birthday Dinner Menu / Davido And Chioma Kiss Ahead Of His 27th Birthday / Wizkid Celebrates Jada Pollock On Her Birthday (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 8:45am On Jul 16, 2017
Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun (born 16 July 1990), better known by his stage name Wizkid (sometimes stylised as WizKid), is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He started recording music at age 11 and managed to release a collaborative album with the Glorious Five, a group he and a couple of his church friends formed. In 2009, he signed a record deal with Banky W.'s record label Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E). He rose to prominence in 2010 with the release of the song "Holla at Your Boy" from his debut studio album, Superstar (2011). "Tease Me/Bad Guys", "Don't Dull", "Love My Baby", "Pakurumo" and "Oluwa Lo Ni" were also released as singles from the Superstar album. Wizkid's self-titled second studio album, Ayo, was released in September 2014 and was preceded by six singles: "Jaiye Jaiye", "On Top Your Matter", "One Question", "Joy", "Bombay" and "Show You the Money".

In 2016, Wizkid achieved international recognition following his collaboration with Drake on the global hit, "One Dance", which reached number one in 15 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. In addition to his solo work, Wizkid has collaborated with several other artists and was featured on the hits "Girl" (with Bracket), "Fine Lady" (with Lynxxx), "Sexy Mama" (with Iyanya), "Slow Down" (with R2Bees), "The Matter" (with Maleek Berry), "Pull Over" (with KCee) and "Bad Girl" (with Jesse Jagz).

Following the release of his second studio album and expiration of his 5-year recording contract, Wizkid left E.M.E. On 1 March 2017, Billboard magazine reported that Wizkid signed a multi-album deal with RCA Records. The deal was first reported by several media outlets in September 2016. The chairman and CEO of RCA Records, Peter Edge, somewhat confirmed the signing while speaking to Music Business Worldwide in January 2017.

He was ranked 5th on Forbes and Channel O's 2013 list of the Top 10 Richest/Bankable African Artists. In February 2014, Wizkid became the first ever Nigerian musician to have over 1 million followers on Twitter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizkid_(musician)

14 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by madridguy(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2017
May you be gifted with life's biggest joys and never-ending bliss. After all, you yourself are a gift to earth, so you deserve the best.

Happy Birthday Baba Nla.

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by hazan041(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2017
STC buh the guy above me which network u na dey use?

happy birthday to wizkid who is ready to turn Nigeria in to zoo

happy birthday sir

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by justi4jesu(f): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2017
Baba nla cheesy

Check my Signature and be wowed tongue tongue grin

9 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by TriumphJohnson(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2017
Happy Birthday Baba NLA.

Hottest
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by Ehiscotch(m): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2017
Happy birthday.
The REAL STARBOY. #SFTOS.
Someone cannot use belated in peace again? grin

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by okonja(m): 8:57am On Jul 16, 2017
HUURRAAYY
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by veekid(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2017
Wizzy baby loke loke! Oluwa lo sheyi oooooooo! Happy earth strong to you baba nla

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by maberry(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2017
This boy is good!!!
When he left EME music, I bet a lot of people where betting he couldn't replicate is success at EME
Well we don't need to go further into the details
Happy birthday kid

21 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by Narldon: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2017
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WIZKID!!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET US THAT ARE STILL AT OJUELEGBA

grin grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2017
I keep wondering if this guy is a fish.. I'm yet to his picture where his mouth is closed. angry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by 10eola(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2017
Birthday From The Other Side cheesy
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by KillerBeauty(f): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2017
Is wizkid not capable of growing beards

12 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by dessz(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2017
hbd waiting for adult baby davido to celebrate his 5yrs old bday

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by bbbabes(f): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2017
Great one....enjoy the day dude...though Davido is my crush.
His froggy voice turns on my switch

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 16, 2017
Happy birthday banal nla
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2017
Happy Birthday Star Boy !

Baba Nla !

Daddy yo !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by AKPOSbaba: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2017
Happy birthday Davido's nemesis.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2017
KillerBeauty:
Is wizkid not capable of growing beards
he is capable but its not his nature

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by ceeethru(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2017
I wish him another wonderful year of happiness, joy, Good health and peace of mind... He shall continue to soar higher in life... happy birthday starboy...much love from me...

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by NwaAmaikpe: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2017
shocked

At 27, I was already working in a multinational firm, had my second MSc. and a member of at least 3 professional bodies.

At 27, all this mediocre has to show are illegitimate kids and washed-up songs with meaningless lyrics.

SMH

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by kingDavidda1st(m): 9:01am On Jul 16, 2017
I'm your number 1 fan King. Shine on
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by thenny312(m): 9:01am On Jul 16, 2017
Happy birthday
He's 27 already, the guy has small stature like me o grin
Fine man enjoy ur day
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by PhilAmadeus: 9:01am On Jul 16, 2017
Oyaaaaaa Birthday from the other side...BFTOS...Happy Birthday Wizzo.
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by Joseunlimited(f): 9:01am On Jul 16, 2017
The only naija artist from Nigeria claiming the other side undecided

Happy birthday Bird voice!

Secretly check my signature to earn $20 within 4days
Note: make sure you pr IP address is not showing Nigeria
See payment methods here
Bitcoin, MasterCard, PayPal and etc
Legit site!

Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by TrapHedges(m): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2017
27 still no beard cheesy
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by PassionateSoul(m): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2017
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:02am On Jul 16, 2017
Hapy birthday. Baba nla..
Re: Wizkid Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today by maberry(m): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2017
EntMirror:
I keep wondering if this guy is a fish.. I'm yet to his picture where his mouth is closed. angry
Player Hater!!! angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Denrele Silences Gay Rumours, Fixes Wedding Date / Moses Olaiya Baba Sala Paralyzed By Stroke Days To Biography Presentation / Oluchi Onweagba Flaunts Photos Of Her Figure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.