Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,064 members, 7,953,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:56 PM

Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? (1186 Views)

“I Wore This To School & My Lecturer Called Me A Tout” – Lady (photo) / Correct Word: It's "Lout" Not "Tout" / We Mistake TOUT For LOUT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by edidiongmichael(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2017
According to a Facebook user, he made a shocking revelation of the popular used English word ‘Tout’ to be wrongly used in modern Sentences.

Tout, initially, always thought to be a violent person never turned out to be correct. Instead Lout is said to be the right word.

http://www.em360.com.ng/2017/07/16/did-you-know-it-is-lout-instead-of-tout-em360-lessons/

Re: Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by wahles(m): 11:55am On Jul 16, 2017
Always knew! Others could make do with it
Re: Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by Loyalblak007(f): 11:57am On Jul 16, 2017
grin

Our teachers! blame our teacher for this

1 Like

Re: Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by Caustics: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2017
tout is correct. they are soliciting for passengers in a brazen/aggressive manner

1 Like

Re: Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by Nutase: 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
Una don't come again o.
Re: Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by ExpensiveG: 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Na Naija we dey ooo no be every time dem go correct us English. Everyday new words go dey comot. shocked

Abeg make dem add Pidgin inside DICTIONARY bcuz na dey one some of sabi speak well well , make ENGLISH teachers no come correct me gringrin

E.g
*****Dis guy wey I see for bus stop na big TOUT #LOUT wink

1 Like

Re: Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by Osobukola(m): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
All these people making researchs and correcting English should look for a vacancy in an orphanage home,and try to teach them English.

Actually "Tout" sounds sweet jare,Are you a lout? grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by 2O17: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
Re: Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by wayne4loan: 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
Una Done Start Again angry
Re: Did You Know It Is ‘lout’ Instead Of ‘Tout’? by ashewoboy(m): 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
i knew this via 2go chat room back then.

(1) (Reply)

Waec Y??? / WAEC GCE January/february Registrationhas Started – See Registration Guidelines. / 1940:Watch Soviet Scientists Bring A Bodyless Dog's Head Back To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.