Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Mistakes We Make While Writing An Exam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mistakes We Make While Writing An Exam (423 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / Common Mistakes You Make Everyday While Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mistakes We Make While Writing An Exam by Deephlex: 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2017
“I did the examination very well but still failed” . Have you ever been guilty of this statement? If yes, then you must read this article to the end.
You might have written the examination perfectly but you have failed to take note of some mistakes that cost you lots of mark. This is one of the reasons why students fail examinations. What are these costly mistakes you need to avoid during examination?,
See them below.
#1. READING THE WRONG QUESTION
There is no way you can give the correct answer to the wrong question. What do I mean by this? Take a look at some of the questions that involves the word “NOT”. You might be asked, “Which of the following isnot a verb?” and you are provided with the options (a) Read (b) Book (c) Jump (d) Write.
A lot of student will choose option A immediately without checking other options. Why? Because they thought the question was “Which of the following is a verb?”.
I was once a victim of this occurrence. I discovered it is due to fear or being in a rush while reading the question. You can read my article on “6 Sure Ways To Overcome Examination Fear”.
What to do: Read each question carefully at least twice and make sure you understand it.
#2. ANSWERING QUESTIONS OUTGOING OF POINT
Students fail examination because they have failed to answer questions within the required course. Some students want to explain more than required. As a result, they write out of point. You might think you will bag some bonus marks by including additional explanation but end up scoring very low.
Do not misquote! It is not a bad idea giving additional information in your answers but ensure you do not write out of point . You might be writing something meaningful but does not fit into the question asked.
While some markers like this, most don’t . Since you don’t know the type of person that will mark your examination, the best thing to do is to avoid it.
What to do: Don’t write unnecessary information unless it is within the course of the question. Ensure you write answers that suits the questions asked.
#3. ATTEMPTING DIFFICULT QUESTIONS FIRST
Another costly mistake students make is leaving simple questions untouched and attempting difficult ones first. This is a very bad idea that you should not even think of. You might be thinking “Why shouldn’t I solve harder ones when my brain is not stressed and come back to the easier ones?”. Take a look at some of the reasons why you should not do it below.
-It wastes your time.
-If you solve easier ones first and you are at least sure of getting them right, it keeps your body motivated and improve your brain function to solve difficult ones.
-If you solve difficult ones first and you don’t get them, you become frustrated that you won’t be able to solve even the so-called easier ones.
-Ask yourself, what is the probability of getting the difficult questions right when eventually you don’t have time to solve simpler questions.
Have you now seen the reason why you should not solve difficult questions first and the negative effects of doing so?
What to do : Solve easier questions first. It will help you to bag enough marks and save time to come back to difficult ones
To see the rest follow this link

http://www.allgossips.ml/2017/07/a-must-read-here-are-6-common-mistakes.html

Re: Mistakes We Make While Writing An Exam by chike1147: 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
nice writeup
Re: Mistakes We Make While Writing An Exam by Deephlex: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

2017 OOU Screening Schedule & Dates: Check When And Where / How To Identify A Good Freelance Writer For Your Research Paper / Scholarship Alerts!!!fully Funded Phd Scholarship For Nigerian Scholars, 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.